• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
hahahahahgahahahah

Jericho still calling in to wrestling shows on satellite radio as a mark

ha he's kissing triple h's ass

Vince asked Chris how he was able to work for 40 minutes at the Rumble

Jamie OD

Free Observer Radio today!

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns today with special guest Mike Quackenbush to talk all things FUN in pro-wrestling, including tomorrow's NATIONAL PRO WRESTLING DAY with free attendance and paid availablility on iPPV, Chikara's season opener, the new Wrestling Is channel, All Japan Women, and so much more.

http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/112-wrestling-observer/29591-free-today-feb-1-observer-radio-with-mike-quackenbush-talking-all-things-fun-in-pro-wrestling-including-national-pro-wrestling-day-chikara-season-opener-all-japan-women-new-wrestling-is-channel-tons-more

That was a good interview.

That was a good interview.

Quack is always a good listen. Cant wait for NPWD tomorrow.

Some news about NPWD that will make CZW fans happy.

- CZW has been added to this weekend's National Pro Wrestling Day show in the form of Rory Mondo vs. Latin Dragon vs. Matt Tremont. The match will take place on the 1 PM afternoon card, which goes down in Philadelphia. CZW had not been happy about being left out of initial invitations for the event.

In addition, House of Hardcore will present a new match as well, though who will be part of it is unknown as of yet.

strobogo

Banned
wcw2000.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 9/13/2000

TO THE BACK. Ms. Jones arrived and was on the phone with The Cat. Jeff stole her. A despondent David Flair is walking around the back asking random people if they're the father of Stacy's baby.

NWO THX1138 come to the ring with Ms. Jones. Nash again brags about how they SWERVE fans all the time just for fun. Scott has a big dick and will kill Goldberg. Jeff reenacts pinning Ms. Jones with a FIVE count. Cat and Booker arrived during this. Jeff was about to hit her with the guitar, but Booker and Cat came out. Cat books he and Booker vs Nash and Steiner. With the title on the line! Jeff is booked against....STING! Ms. Jones got away, so Jeff hit Penzer with the guitar instead.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-16h40m36s186_zps0a557511.png

TO THE BACK.
The Filthy Animals are talking. Disqo set up another stupid match for Rey and Juvi. Disqo name drops WOW Magazine.

We'll get a sit down interview with Ric Flair tonight. I wonder how Tenay will be a cunt in that one.

Paula Poundstone will be filling in for Penzer the rest of the night.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-16h42m23s231_zps95a69134.png

TO THE TAILGATE PARTY.
This is basically the Did You Know? of WCW.

TO THE BACK
. Awesome arrives in the Boogie Bus. He's pissed about his bus being ruined.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-16h43m15s243_zpsf4b13456.png

Gene is with the Animals. Disqo booked himself and Konnan against Jindrak and O'Haire. Konnan isn't medically cleared to wrestled and the other Animals refuse to do double duty. He asks Gene. "Hey, blow it out your ass, I play golf!" Tygress will fill in it seems.

Jindrak/O'Haire vs Disqo/Tygress

Tenay again goes on his "women don't belong" rant. Maybe Madusa will kick him in the face. TBS is so weird. They'll cut to the crowd when Jarrett grabs Ms. Jones' arm, but they are fine with showing the NBT playing catch with and powerbombing Tygress? Disco ran off to get the Animals and Tygress got pinned. The Animals ran out, were followed by the NBT, and were beaten down.

TO THE BACK. David attacks Slick for maybe being the father. Major Gunns asks if she can go OOT there eh, as in, go to the ring tonight. Lance allows it. Mike Awesome is talking to himself as he heads to the ring. Booker and Sting argue with Cat. Sting is tired of not being in the main events. He'll get a title shot if Booker wins. The Animals yell at Disqo for fucking everything up like usual.

TO THE LAVA LAMP LOUNGE.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-16h53m35s43_zps0a976d2a.png

This is so dumb. Everything about this is wrong. Mike Awesome, the big dude who moves around like a cruiserweight and fucks people up, but can't talk worth a shit is booked as a comedy character with a talk show segment. Major Gunns is the guest this week. She's tired of Lance. Stevie likes it, though. He gives her a back massage and I think she came. Lance and Elix come out to shut the show down. Awesome throws Elix through the set. The MIA corner Lance. Jeff, dressed as a crew member, did the Stroke through the coffee table. He says Slapnut Theatre will debut next week.

TO THE BACK
. Hugh convinces Hacksaw to be in his corner against Lance tonight. A dad tries to get a picture with Nash and Steiner with his son. Nash takes all the money he has. Right before the picture, Steiner put his bicep in front of the kid's face. Lol. Dicks.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-17h00m31s99_zpsc2c43cf7.png

Shane Douglas/Torrie Wilson vs Kidman/Madusa

Sting vs Jarrett is now 2/3 falls. Shane says he'll give everyone a refund if he doesn't win at the PPV. Between this and Lance vs Hugh later, WCW is having 2 of their PPV matches on the go home show. Kidman chases Torrie into the crowd. Shane puts Madusa in the STF. Shane heads off into the crowd. Kidman gets slapped. Kidman is going to rape her. Torrie gets knocked over the balcony, but holds on. I guess Madusa/Kidman won by count out. There was no announcement.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-17h04m56s196_zps200dce68.png

TO THE BACK.
Gene is with Kidman and Madusa. I love that Madusa is taller (without shoes) and more muscular than Kidman.

TO THE INTERVIEW.
Tenay with Ric Flair. I hope we get a good Tenay face out of this. Lol, Tenay asks the retired Flair what the hell he's doing there. Flair responds by saying Tenay asked him to be there. What a stupid question. He asked Flair to be there and then asked what the hell he was doing there? Fucking Tenay. Mike basically calls him a pussy for letting Russo get under his skin. Mike brings up the rumor that Ric is the father of Stacy's baby. It makes Ric leave, say it is bullshit, and that Tenay is no different than Russo. Sadly, the show cut to commercial before a proper Tenay face.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-17h07m14s40_zpseac73120.png

TO THE BACK.
David confronts Finlay! He talks him down. Even David isn't crazy enough to fuck with Finlay.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-17h25m02s222_zps9da93058.png

Jeff Jarrett vs Sting 2/3 Falls

My guess is that, despite a 2/3 falls stipulation, this won't be any longer than 10 minutes. Now this is a number one contender match. They brawl to the table where Sting needlessly pours water on Jeff's back. Now they're up at the ThunderVision where Sting does a suplex on the stage. Why isn't this a double count out for the first fall? What happens in a double count out in a 2/3 falls match? Would both men then only need to win one fall? Would it basically just be a waste? A ref bump leads to the Stroke. Jeff wins the first fall. Sting wins with a sunset flip about a minute and a half later. They've got 2 minutes to get past the 10 minute mark. Sleeper spots end in a back suplex. They've got a about a minute left. Sting makes his comeback and another ref bump. They've made it to 10 minutes. Jeff tries to force another ref bump. Sting goes with it. 3 ref bumps. Deathlock, but no ref. Sting counts the arm dropping himself and calls for the bell. I guess he won. Went right at 11 minutes. I was so close.

TO THE BACK. Gene is with the MIA and Duggan. HOOOOO!

Filthy Animals vs Harris Brothers vs Kronik

Disqo got this match booked because he's a cunt. Kronik pin Heavy D. The Animals had one double drop kick as their only offensive move. After the match, the other dick hit Crush with a bat wrapped with a chain.

TO THE BACK. David Flair is on his way to the arena.

David is out in the ring. He's proud his dad finally called him a man, and as a man, he can't handle what is going on with his YAK. He demands Stacy come out and reveal the father. "Where's this YAK at, Tony?" She can't look him in the eye. Before she can say anything, Arn comes out. Women are like buses!

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-17h46m34s87_zps03419101.png

TO THE BACK.
Duggan was down on the floor with the flag draped over him.

vlcsnap-2013-02-01-17h48m49s151_zpsded4dec0.png

TO THE TAILGATE PARTY
. Did you know? WCW shows the same footage every week of a tailgate party that was supposed to happen every Friday.

Team Canada vs General Rection/Jim Duggan

Duggan doesn't make it out, so this becomes a handicap match. Jim retired on Nitro and was going to come out of retirement on Thunder. Springboard spinning heel kick from Elix. Hugh is in the Maple Leaf, Jim crawls out, but didn't make it in time to break up the hold. Team Canada win.

TO THE BACK. Hugh demanded interview time. He's bringing the title home at Fall Brawl.

Kevin Nash/Scott Steiner vs The Cat/Booker T WCW Championship

HOLY SHIT. Stevie Ray called Pamela Paula Poundstone! That's awesome. My man. Tremendous. Most of the match is Booker getting beaten up in the ring and the guys taking turns hitting Cat on the floor. Steiner recliner on Booker. Nash breaks it up. Someone rides in on a bike. It's Goldberg! CRUSHES Steiner with a spear. No contest?

cvdew-o.gif

Highlight of the show for me was definitely Paula Poundstone becoming canon.

strobogo

Banned
Wrestling Truth: Rowdy Roddy Piper wasn't that good.

This I agree with. I don't think he had any really memorable or good matches besides the dog collar match with Greg Valentine and Bret at WM8. As a wrestler, he left a LOT to be desired. Can't deny his talking, though. I always thought it was super weird how he seemed to reverse age in between WM1 and WM3-1992ish. Piper in WCW was just...ugh.

And Hollywood Hogan was the WORST heel about 6 months into the nWo angle when he'd literally just go ramble for 20 minutes until his voice went so hoarse he'd have to stop. Every week. A lot of nWo stuff is completely unbearable to watch back because of that shit. But HBK was doing the same thing on Raw and usually making even less sense. 1997 doesn't hold up nearly as well as it that period is talked up. Summer of 97 with Hogan and HBK on different drugs seeing how gravely they could get their voices for the longest amount of time was just brutal in retrospect.

Top Bottom