• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Going through the last few pages was like shades of midnight Wrasslegaf, I marked out when upon these thoughts the message itself popped up in Plywood's post, truly Wrasslegaf's attitude era.

OK? It was damn good. It was a MOTY contender, and there's no shame in that. Umaga was a fantastic big man.

Damn right, love that match, i'd go as far to call it Cena's best match (assuming we mean the LMS match).
I miss Umaga.

Mr. Sam

Just putting this out there - not booking Ryback like Goldberg might be evidence that they weren't trying to book Ryback like Goldberg rather than evidence that they tried to book Ryback like Goldberg and failed.

And the Money in the Bank is Cena's best match. And Punk's best match. And just an all-time great match, really.

Linkified

Didn't realise Adrian Neville came from Newcastle, woooooooo.... so therefore they kinda gotta do a live taping of RAW from Newcastle right?right?

Aiii

So not worth it
it's not hard to book Ryback like Goldberg, but Vince screwed up.

Goldberg didn't talk, didn't need "feed me more" style chants, didn't need to get mixed with main eventers early on or fight local 100lb talent. he just showed up and destroyed someone while screaming at the audience:

http://youtu.be/dEVIWzb3uds?t=1m38s

the moment Ryback went "FINISH HIM", he jumped the shark.

It's not about how they book him, it's about how Goldberg was about three times more impressive as far as strength goes than Ryback.

Goldberg was throwing people around like ragdolls, much like Cesaro does now. Ryback takes 3 minutes to pick up two guys and we're supposed to be impressed.

TONIGHT! $5 Wrestling is live via iPPV!

www.highspots.tv - purchase a day pass for just $5 to watch tonight's iPPV, or a longer membership to watch HighSpots VOD content and other live streaming events, such as the D1W iPPV tomorrow night.

$5 Wrestling iPPV Youtube Pre-Show

• STREET FIGHT: Big Donnie vs Cliff Compton

• Burke County Boys (Hardcore Terry Houston & Pork Chop Cash Jr) vs Freight Train & Lil' Donnie

ALL ABOARD THE FREIGHT TRAIN!

iBLdrAzOJQkfz.jpg

ibjvNt1xbRlIAB.gif

Freight Train's promo on Mad Man Pondo in the pre-show is AweMazing!

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, Goldberg was picking up and throwing dudes like Steiner and Nash around like they weren't shit. Goldberg looked way stronger, was 1000% more intense, and look like he'd fuck your world up in a heart beat. Ryback doesn't have any of that. One of the most impressive moves to me is the release throwing pump handle thing Goldberg would that's been in the Smackdown games for years now. The other guy couldn't really do anything to help in that move and he'd chuck dudes half way across the ring with ease.

Laserfrog

TONIGHT! $5 Wrestling is live via iPPV!

www.highspots.tv - purchase a day pass for just $5 to watch tonight's iPPV, or a longer membership to watch HighSpots VOD content and other live streaming events, such as the D1W iPPV tomorrow night.

$5 Wrestling iPPV Youtube Pre-Show

• STREET FIGHT: Big Donnie vs Cliff Compton

• Burke County Boys (Hardcore Terry Houston & Pork Chop Cash Jr) vs Freight Train & Lil' Donnie

ALL ABOARD THE FREIGHT TRAIN!

iBLdrAzOJQkfz.jpg

ibjvNt1xbRlIAB.gif

Freight Train's promo on Mad Man Pondo in the pre-show is AweMazing!

Boots do you know what time it starts? Cause I sure don't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright $5 wrestling. Hopefully I can remember and don't get roped into 'normal' shit.

You know what would have been better WWE Title/Wrestlemania booking? If Brock inserted himself into the WWE Title match at Wrestlemania, triple threat between Brock, Rock, and Cena. Not Super Cena though. Cena doesn't win the match.

Brock wins the Title by pinning Rock, after dominating Cena and throwing him out of the ring or something so he can pin Rock. That way Rock can 'put him over' and he can redeem himself from his lose to Cena at Extreme Rules.

This would also give Brock the title, and Brock is obviously a major Draw. Would keep this once a year Wrestling viewers intrested, and would make them stay instead of leaving when Rock leaves after Wrestlemania and never comes back.

Ithil

Punk not being in the WM main event after spending literally the entirety of the previous calender year as WWE champion, would be ridiculous. Make it a Triple Threat already, it might make the build more bearable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk not being in the WM main event after spending literally the entirety of the previous calender year as WWE champion, would be ridiculous. Make it a Triple Threat already, it might make the build more bearable.

Actually that'd make it more in line with how his tepid year has been.

McNei1y

"No. He fights Undertaker because we don't want the card to make sense!"

-WWE's creative thinking

Then.
Now.
Forever.

I can see it now, this every week but with Rock instead of Ryback.
8994.PNG

Striker

I can see it now, this every week but with Rock instead of Ryback.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yIioPp3vHxI/UKHN54PrzBI/AAAAAAAAWEs/7JAJTUmCBkU/s320/8994.PNG[/QUOTE]
Punk's facial expression would be those of the fans who witness the build/match. Really I think it's all messy. Cena/Rock was already done and I don't see Cena winning makes any sort of difference to what happened before. Punk is sort of the same way - both are cemented in their spot, and WWE is just looking at the money match for their most popular stars. Questions surrounding Lesnar, Taker, and Triple H strike again. These are probably your six most popular players right now but I don't know much of who is fighting who and why they're fighting.

Jericho in there with Ryback would be such a waste.

You know what would have been better WWE Title/Wrestlemania booking? If Brock inserted himself into the WWE Title match at Wrestlemania, triple threat between Brock, Rock, and Cena. Not Super Cena though. Cena doesn't win the match.

Brock wins the Title by pinning Rock, after dominating Cena and throwing him out of the ring or something so he can pin Rock. That was Rock can 'put him over' and he can redeem himself from his lost to Cena at Wrestlemania.

This would also give Brock the title, and Brock is obviously a major Draw. Would keep this once a year Wrestling viewers intrested, and would make them stay instead of leaving when Rock leaves after Wrestlemania and never comes back.

The King of Kings is getting his win back no matter how wasteful it is. He is that. Damn. Good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to see Angle get his shit together and be back in the WWE. He could have been one of the greats until he melted down.

Unfortunately I think at this point, if Kurt gets his shit together and stops juicing, stops being insane, stops the medication...he'll break down instantly. I can't help but think that's the only thing holding him together.

McNei1y

I would love to see Angle get his shit together and be back in the WWE. He could have been one of the greats until he melted down.

Look at him now. He's not even a has-been. He's a never-was!

Now that I got that Coach Reilly quote out the way, I would love to see him back in the WWE. Either way, I'd take any match with him in it against Punk/Bryan/Cesaro/Barrett/Sheamus/Orton/etc... just not Cena.

No it doesn't. Angle would have the same match with Punk as he would with Matt Morgan or Virgil.

But, he'd have a fantastic match with Bryan.

I mean, I don't give a shit how meaningless wrestling ability is to WWE nowadays, you put Bryan & Kurt in a ring and in all likelihood they're going to give you a technical wrestling classic.

*edit, it would have been amazing if Angle had done a double-shot weekend with ROH before going to TNA - Danielson vs Angle, circa 2006, could have been perfect.

Kyoufu

But, he'd have a fantastic match with Bryan.

I mean, I don't give a shit how meaningless wrestling ability is to WWE nowadays, you put Bryan & Kurt in a ring and in all likelihood they're going to give you a technical wrestling classic.

*edit, it would have been amazing if Angle had done a double-shot weekend with ROH before going to TNA - Danielson vs Angle, circa 2006, could have been perfect.

Why can't Punk and Angle have a technical wrestling match classic?

With even better promos?

Exactly.

Face it Bryan fanboys. Punk is the overall better superstar. There's a reason why Bryan is a joke character and Punk is in the main event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Face it Bryan fanboys. Punk is the overall better superstar. There's a reason why Bryan is a joke character and Punk is in the main event.

This Sony reveal is fuckin with you Kyoufu. You're gettin' crazy. It's 2006 all over again.

Ithil

With even better promos?

Exactly.

Bryan's a "joke character" because Vince doesn't think he's main event material. I don't put much stock in what Vince thinks is main event material.

McNei1y

With even better promos?

Exactly.

Let's just make it a triple threat match so everyone's happy. Hey, the Undertaker/Angle/Rock match at Vengeance was fantastic!

Top Bottom