• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dear Wrestlegaf,

r20x9e.gif

please explain.

Banned site, that's why

Why can't Punk and Angle have a technical wrestling match classic?

I'm not saying they can't, just that for my money Bryan is the best technical wrestler of his era, just as Kurt was the best of his, and ***** ****** was the best of his, etc. Punk's the complete package, but he wasn't ever seen as a great technical wrestler. He wasn't ever seen as the guy who could be relied upon to have great matches, no matter the opponent. That was always Bryan, and he may be little more than a joke character at the moment, but he's still a better technician than Punk.

Striker

Bryan's a "joke character" because Vince doesn't think he's main event material. I don't put much stock in what Vince thinks is main event material.
Triple H attempting to hold down Kurt Angle is something I always get reminded of when I read things like that.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Triple H attempting to hold down Kurt Angle is something I always get reminded of when I read things like that.

I don't remember this. Details? How could Triple HHH even attempt to hold Angle down? Kurt was one of the most over guys in the company.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I witnessed a Jericho vs Angle vs Bryan match... I don't know what I'd do with myself.

Roll over, flip the pillow, and get some more sleep...cos that's a distant dream.

Kyoufu

I'm not saying they can't, just that for my money Bryan is the best technical wrestler of his era, just as Kurt was the best of his, and ***** ****** was the best of his, etc. Punk's the complete package, but he wasn't ever seen as a great technical wrestler. He wasn't ever seen as the guy who could be relied upon to have great matches, no matter the opponent. That was always Bryan, and he may be little more than a joke character at the moment, but he's still a better technician than Punk.

I agree completely.

But as said before, Angle will have the same match with anyone. Can't have the same promos with anyone though. Especially when they can use Angle's drinking problems with Punk's straight edge character...

Striker

I don't remember this. Details? How could Triple HHH even attempt to hold Angle down? Kurt was one of the most over guys in the company.
I suppose I'll just copy from what it said in a Scott Steiner interview:

On Triple H: Look at Triple H's career before he started (having sex with) the boss' daughter: He lost to Ultimate Warrior in 30 seconds; he was losing to guys like Alex Wright in WCW; he lost to one of the Godwins in a pig slop match. And then all of a sudden he's [having sex with] the boss' daughter and he's the toughest guy in the world. I'm not the only guy who thinks that. It's no secret what Kurt Angle thought of Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Here's one story I got from Kurt: Triple H was trying to block Kurt Angle from winning the [WWE] world title. He said in a meeting, "I think Kurt Angle's too small." And Jerry Brisco stood up and said, "Well, what do you think would happen if you guys fought for real?" And he sat down, shut his mouth and they ran with it.

Penguin

This sounds like a fun DVD

"WWE Superstars clash year-round with championships, glory, and personal pride on the line. But only 25 rivalries can be considered the greatest in sports entertainment history. Now for the first time ever, WWE counts down the most intense rivalries of all time. With each segment narrated by a different WWE or mainstream personality, each rivalry takes on a life of its own as WWE fans get an inside, never-before-seen perspective on their favorite showdowns. From the grudges born from equal pursuit of a common goal to those where the animosity crosses personal boundaries, all the timeless conflicts in the history of WWE, WCW, NWA, ECW and more are presented. Featuring Cena vs Edge, Stone Cold vs Mr McMahon, Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat and many more, this controversial countdown is sure to be dissected and debated by fans of all eras. Plus, special features include over 5 hours of bonus matches highlighting the rivalries presented in the countdown."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This wrestling finisher thread is wonderful.

Bootaaay but some insane shit in there please, the ones people complain about in here.

Nebula

OP is great. I giggled a lot.

Was watching NXT and was wondering why mah boi A-RY wasn't burying the NXT roster. He's definitely improving in the ring and seemed like a crowd favourite. Glad to see him getting on with it and working hard.

Bo still looks like a child.

Linkified

Why can't Punk and Angle have a technical wrestling match classic?

With even better promos?

Exactly.

Face it Bryan fanboys. Punk is the overall better superstar. There's a reason why Bryan is a joke character and Punk is in the main event.

Face it, wait what? D.Bryan is getting over with the kiddies so he can take the mantel of John Cena ... plus you say joke I say entertaining - I'm bored of Punk ...

Ithil

The reason Bryan wasn't pushed as a big thing despite being the most over man on the roster, and still isn't made out to be a serious singles star, is because he's 5'8 and a vegan (mostly). Vince doesn't give a shit about what the crowd thinks, and hasn't for a number of years (their "top face" is despised by half their audience and has been since 2006 for god's sake), he's pushing who he likes and that's that.

It sure isn't because Bryan isn't a worthy main event superstar. He's got everything they need, even his short stature gives him a natural underdog appeal (while unlike Rey Mysterio, who looks silly taking down bigger men, Bryan's offense is such that he looks believable winning against giants).

Striker

It sure isn't because Bryan isn't a worthy main event superstar. He's got everything they need, even his short stature gives him a natural underdog appeal (while unlike Rey Mysterio, who looks silly taking down bigger men, Bryan's offense is such that he looks believable winning against giants).
I do agree with this. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, and Chris Benoit were also really good at being able to fiddle with lightweights, but mangle with giants like Taker, Big Show, Diesel, and the other larger men really well. Not many can.

Jamie OD

For those of you who think this is a joke, it's not. That's really where they went with it.

It happened in a company that advertised itself as the "Fighting Opera" instead of sports entertainment. What did you expect? Very sad when Bono-chan and Yinling had to fight and he accidentally kill her with a splash.

HUSTLE was fucking weird.

fader

Man I came back to wretling at the royal rumble and missed CM punks 400 day title regin. :(
I watched youtube vids though to catch up. i figured after he came back after MITB that he would loose the title immidealy and wwe was getting boring so i stopped watching...

Also i am in love w/ Team Hell No I hope they dont break them up soon..

McNei1y

Man I came back to wretling at the royal rumble and missed CM punks 400 day title regin. :(
I watched youtube vids though to catch up. i figured after he came back after MITB that he would loose the title immidealy and wwe was getting boring so i stopped watching...

Also i am in love w/ Team Hell No I hope they dont break them up soon..

It's been a good run but they need to end so Bryan can go on and become the greatest champion in history.

fader

It's been a good run but they need to end so Bryan can go on and become the greatest champion in history.

:(
Im gonna miss them... But no doubt Daniel is gonna be a top guy easily.
I am also liking Ryback... I think I just like his catchprases

fader

Has anyone held the tag team titles solo before Bryan? He's so amazing!

he really is amazing at his job. and even though hes a joke character now, thats errelivant. because Mark Henry is one person who was a joke and became one of the scariest guys. (i miss Mark Henry... :()

Tell me I am not he only one who finds Brooke Hogan to be ridiculously sexy.

I mean I was googling all throughout impact last night for anything Brooke related.

He legs are like a Thoroughbred champ. Jesus.

Tell me I am not he only one who finds Brooke Hogan to be ridiculously sexy.

I mean I was googling all throughout impact last night for anything Brooke related.

He legs are like a Thoroughbred champ. Jesus.

I don't find her sexy, but I do know that you aren't the only one... brother.

jred2k

Brooke looks way too much like her dad for me to find her sexy.

Also, I was thinking last night, Hulk should have taken the wedding angle as an opportunity to do a promo on his ex-wife.

"Let me tell ya somethin Bully, brother. This bitch will use you up and take you for everything you're worth, brother."

Shit really?

Is that kosher? I mean it seems kind of risky

They don't put The Freight Train into any sort of dangerous situations or take advantage of him. The guy seems to be having fun with it. He reminds me of Steve "The Turtle" Weiner who has autism and wrestles for CHIKARA from time to time. I think it's great that even though these guy's might be slow or have a disability there are people who will still help them do the things they want to do.

Top Bottom