• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that be true if you compared how much it's making to any fighting game ever?

25 million/mo is insane, but it's not like fighters made that much, ever, in the history of the genre, haha.

I mean...unless Tekken pulled that kind of bank in arcades back in the day.

How many games even outside the genre make that much a month?

Horseress

CqB-SDhWcAEkHTf.jpg

they actually did it

Line_HTX

Mmkay, so I went back and watched the first segment, and it kind of summed up how I feel about Smash. Yes, the games and the high level play are amazing, but if you're going to be at CEO and EVO which really you don't need, just be understanding and not be a dick just because things are run differently with more games. Don't be a dick to Xrd Revelator because it's not going make your game start sooner.

GorillaJu

Man the English is horrible in that rage quit message. Couldn't they have just sent 1 fucking email to someone in the USA division to say "Hey, here's how a native speaker would say it"?

vocab

Never been a fan of corner crossups period. It has always felt unnatural, and I'll never get used to it. It's bad enough you are in the corner, and now you have to worry about fake crossup setups while your back is against the wall.

Kumubou

Oh, you can't cross up in the corner in KI
You think Dave Lang would accept a fighting game produced by his studio having Arcana corners?

It was on Twitch.

I can't find it on YouTube but it's real. It was Mike Ross with some white dude (probably another know gamer).
I can confirm this -- someone at work today actually had a can of Twitch-branded Amp Energy with them, which left me "WTF?!?" for a second or two.

NEO0MJ

At last ONE of my mains is in ! No Julia / Michelle / Wang is still bullshit though. I know I've got no chance of getting Baek when Hwoarang is there though :(

I feel Julia/Jaycee has a good chance of showing up.

But poor old me. I mained Ogre and Jinpachi in TTT2 and those two have zero chance of returning. I knew that was likely when I picked them up but they were too fun.

Tekken babies, making your dreams come true

Kazuya is my fav tekken dude and all, but i'mma need throwing your son off the cliff quick time events

What's the context here? Toon Kazuya is playable?

Rhapsody

Banned
What changed about Kula?!

Pros: No worries about DP whiff on distances and crouch/stand, so consistent BnBs. Air and ground blowbacks are great. Felt like air version was a bit hard to anti air against since her hurtbox seemed to shift her safely. Ground had a good vertical hitbox which was unexpected. New QCFx2+B/D super gives her time to possibly safejump midscreen unlike her other super. Does good damage with one bar since super canceling doesn't cost an additional meter.

Cons: Her routes are way shorted in the corner. A version of Diamond Breath knocks up like usual on hit but you can't even get st.B reset off of it like before. C version can only be converted off of if you landed it point blank. If it's too far, you don't get anything off of the hit. I feel like hitbox for it is pretty reduced as well. After Ray Spin into slide followup, Counter Shell doesn't work anymore if you wanted to opt for hard knockdown. Only followup you can get is DP. Max Mode combos are pretty underwhelming without extending combos all that much. Maybe the EX moves are good in neutral, I didn't check.

She still feels decent. I think consistent BnBs along with DP super confirm is what made her lose a lot of what were staples. So the tradeoff makes sense. Still a great battery, I put her first or second in my team slot. Was hoping for some 02 stuff for routes but it's not happening. j.C seems like it can crossup (it actually happened in matches, but I didn't test whether you really had to block the other way) which is good. But it's again like the games where it's very picky on when and where it'll work. Curious on what her frame data ends up for moves like Diamond Breath.

K' is alright. Love that fire into teleport is back. Great for manipulating space. Not sure how to make use of his new followups after Ein Trigger though with the punches. Happy that f+LK overhead is back. Still risky, but happy for his old overhead option returning. I don't think he makes use of Max Mode strongly. His old BnB supers are better as far as meter usage imo. I think in a game where super canceling is free, he lost what was an advantage on linking super. XIV's jumps make his rushdown weaker, but at least he has some old tools to compensate again.

Other than those two and characters that were in the demo, I used a lot of Geese and Nakoruru.

Geese felt good still. New Raging Storm input is easy and does a lot of damage. Ground game feels strong in XIV, so characters have to pick their timings on hops more carefully. Nakoruru is interesting, I like her. She doesn't have the greatest footsie buttons at the moment for a BnB, but she has good things like a good anti-air that hits somewhat behind. Her specials are good and feel pretty safe. Even one of her supers is safe with the bird (but I haven't had someone try GC Roll against super canceling on block).

I like the game overall though. Playing mostly '98, I feel more at home than I did for XIII since I was bad at 02 which shared similarities.

Village

I feel Julia/Jaycee has a good chance of showing up.

But poor old me. I mained Ogre and Jinpachi in TTT2 and those two have zero chance of returning. I knew that was likely when I picked them up but they were too fun.

What's the context here? Toon Kazuya is playable?

Story mode

We going allll the waaaaay back

also branching story lines in that story mode

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Ross has been in a weird ad before. I just remember it's a few people having cocktails or something.

Line_HTX

There was an OTG move or whatever where Harley was bashing Wonder Woman face down and I was like ouch, add injury to NRS's WW insult.

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom