• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I love 3S

sheng_air_red_fireball.jpg

Malice215

Lol, really? You have to use an unreleased KOF to try to make SFV good? A game that had a craptacular launch and has had netcode patches galore since launch with people still complain about the netplay?

Balance isn't the issue with SFV, that portion of the game is a very good effort by Capcom.

I'm just saying that SFV players should look on the bright side. SFV has a solid core but is still cheeks compared to other fighting games, and we'll be able to compare the netcode once there's more people not playing a copy from the plug to see how it holds up.

They're both thick, y'know?

:p

Now I know. There's too many damn characters in the BB universe for me to keep track of.

All it takes is one person to make the whole group look bad (not you, but the guy who originally posted that image in the voting thread).
I agree:
It's still a fantastic Street Fighter game.
What would the top 5 be if playing the games was a requirement?

VF would probably be higher. I poke fun at oneida and VF, but VF5 is legit one of the more fun fighters I've played. Sucks that I'm so godawful at it though, otherwise I might put more time into it.

BadWolf

"It's impossible [and] not very stable."

Yep, that's the reality. You can't just simply quit your job to be a better player. LI Joe knows what's up.

Based on that top 10 earners list posted for SFV, it's a pretty bad idea unless you are winning like Infiltration, Fuudo etc.

I'm just saying that SFV players should look on the bright side. SFV has a solid core but is still cheeks compared to other fighting games, and we'll be able to compare the netcode once there's more people not playing a copy from the plug to see how it holds up.

Fair enough :)

Kumubou

Yeah, the biggest problem of fighting game netcode is the shitty infrastructure here in the US. I wish it was more on par with Japan so we don't have to deal with this with every single game at launch.
This is factually wrong, and it makes me wonder how many people have played a fighting game with actual good netcode (sadly, as rare as it is). It's not just an infrastructure issue (although that sure as hell doesn't help!), but if it was just that then how the hell do I get better connections over cccaster to Japan or to Australia in KI than I do to northern California in most fighting games?

The core issue is with the awful implementations these games use... and unfortunately, for most companies it makes sense to do it that way as they don't have the experience with anything better and the additional costs involved generally aren't worth it.

VF would probably be higher. I poke fun at oneida and VF, but VF5 is legit one of the more fun fighters I've played. Sucks that I'm so godawful at it though, otherwise I might put more time into it.
This seems like a backwards statement. You don't play more VF because you're bad at it... but the only way to get better is to play it.

Line_HTX

This is factually wrong, and it makes me wonder how many people have played a fighting game with actual good netcode (sadly, as rare as it is). It's not just an infrastructure issue (although that sure as hell doesn't help!), but if it was just that then how the hell do I get better connections over cccaster to Japan or to Australia in KI than I do to northern California in most fighting games?

The core issue is with the awful implementations these games use... and unfortunately, for most companies it makes sense to do it that way as they don't have the experience with anything better and the additional costs involved generally aren't worth it.

I've played Tag 2 and vanilla Persona, and I'm not excusing the companies either. It's just kind of frustrating that there's a worse experience within the US. Shame that they generally don't take the time to make the netcode better, and it's just frustrating all around for people who don't have an offline scene.

I'd say most voters didn't really play any of the games they've voted for.

I didn't even vote!

I was planning to do it over the weekend, but then I was stuck at someone's birthday party until 2 on saturday and spent the rest of the weekend out with friends. So the time just kind of disappeared.

Marz

Man I don't know how to feel about install supers on rushdown characters ie Wolverine, Millia etc.

They feel amazing when you're using them but on the flipside when you're trying to defend against characters that are hard to defend against anyways it's like wtf.

Crocodile

So how long do we have to wait to see if the Soul Calibur 6 leaks are indicative of a real game being made or just concept art found in a garbage can?

Funny how when positive impressions of the netcode popped up people immediately wrote them off as suspicious and referred to the MVC3 pre-launch situation but the moment there are negative impressions people seem to have no issues accepting them.

I'll wait for launch and then post launch patches.

SFV had literally broken and unplayable online play at launch despite a whole bunch of beta testing and iirc people were also having issues with GG's netcode and wanted patches, and that's from a company known to have decent netplay.

I think history has shown that its best to err on the side of caution and skeptism when it comes to fighting game netcode. SNK Playmore hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

Kumubou

More like the owner allegedly forfeited on his lease and him and his wife now run Anime Matsuri, the largest convention in Houston and one of the Big 3 in Texas, lmao
If that is who I think it is... he's always had a tendency to not pay people, and it just happened to bite him in the ass when it came to his landlord. And there's a lot of other grimy shit he's been involved with over the years. I really don't want to go into detail here because I'll probably give myself an aneurysm and get banned over it.

Skilletor

Yeah, but nobody is buying them.

The fighting game that makes the most revenue is a mobile marvel game.

Wouldn't that be true if you compared how much it's making to any fighting game ever?

25 million/mo is insane, but it's not like fighters made that much, ever, in the history of the genre, haha.

I mean...unless Tekken pulled that kind of bank in arcades back in the day.

Shouta

Dissidia footage I got on the capture arcade machines looks pretty nice. I'm gonna try and get some more footage of me getting bopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom