• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Game was really huge and was available on all consoles, plus nostalgia. I don't think the series ever reached that level of public awareness again.
I wonder what happened between SC2 and SC3 that made Namco want from a multiplatform release to a PS2 exclusive N

K.Sabot

where are you hearing this from? twitter?

bunch of webms of a socal stream on 4chan

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1471325119236.webm
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1471324596077.webm
http://i.4cdn.org/v/1471324596077.webm

the guy playing juicebox who was lagging apparently had 120 / 12 and was in the US.

ya'll was never getting KOFXIV lets be real

Son I bought KOFXIII 3 times and was only hoping that XIV wouldn't shit the bed right of the gate, apparently we couldn't even hope for that.

edit: the stream was socal, some people were talking about a nico stream earlier though

Tripon

Sucks to suck. I still have the collector's edition coming.

-----

I've been listening to the Jump-In Podcast which is Logan-Sama, Kim1234, and Shady K backwards. It's pretty funny hearing them pretty bitter about the state of the game, and then hearing earlier podcast where they feel more optimistic about SFV.

Hyun Sai

eh that doesn't mean shit. there are good and bad examples of both delay and rollback.

What fighting games are out there with good delay-based netcode? The closest I can think of are TTT2 and VF5:FS, and those games aren't straight delay-based as they do attempt to compensate for lag to some degree by manipulating the start-up animation of moves.

Not having some system to address the inherent delay over the Internet always leads to a shitty experience, full stop. It would be like giving most old fighting games SF5's native input delay .

What he said. For KoF to work with delay based netcode, it would need to no longer be KoF. I also believe the minimum startup of any move is 10 frames in Tekken on top of the input delay they added to help online play.

what im seeing of kofxiv netcode is that it's garbage

Predictabou !

ya'll was never getting KOFXIV lets be real
I double dipped on KoFXIII, console + PC. What I got was a shitty and a shitty+ netcode. If developpers won't listen, the blame is on them.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I actually had a decent time with XIII on Steam and I really didn't expect a step back. But I'll wait for further reviews.

Mai has officially been announced for BB CF, and with it the trash designs continue.

At first I thought you meant Mai Shiranui, and I thought to myself "that girl's getting around".

I guess it's a character from the visual novel. I'll have to look for screenshots later.

what im seeing of kofxiv netcode is that it's garbage

and kof xiv is an automatic pass for me

I'm hearing reports that it's both good and bad. I heard a poster on SRK say he got a bunch of laggy matches, and then a whole bunch of smooth matches.

Sounds like it might be like SF4's netcode, but that's just me.

BadWolf

Funny how when positive impressions of the netcode popped up people immediately wrote them off as suspicious and referred to the MVC3 pre-launch situation but the moment there are negative impressions people seem to have no issues accepting them.

I'll wait for launch and then post launch patches.

SFV had literally broken and unplayable online play at launch despite a whole bunch of beta testing and iirc people were also having issues with GG's netcode and wanted patches, and that's from a company known to have decent netplay.

shaowebb

k8cAkN6.jpg

Mai Natsume playable? Oh hell yes, Central Fiction. My new main is settled. Sorry Bullet/Platinum, but I gotta play this character. Here's hoping Mai gets to lick folks to gain abilities and pass off penalties like in the manga.

Plus now Noelle's "DEATH DINNER" can make a comeback :D

Malice215

The winners were decided.

Honestly surprised SC2 did so well.

People love Link so there's no surprise there.

I wonder what happened between SC2 and SC3 that made Namco want from a multiplatform release to a PS2 exclusive N

With arcades dying, how well SC performed in arcades compared to how much popular it was on console, and with the GC/Xbox on the decline probably lead to that decision to do a straight to console release for SC3 and focus more on the casual crowd. Then the console release being hot ass cheeks probably lead to the decision to fix those problems in an arcade release.

I've been listening to the Jump-In Podcast which is Logan-Sama, Kim1234, and Shady K backwards. It's pretty funny hearing them pretty bitter about the state of the game, and then hearing earlier podcast where they feel more optimistic about SFV.

I think people would be less negative about the game if we didn't have to wait until after Capcom Cup for a rebalance. Until there's a massive shake up, people are going to be bitter and miserable instead of seeing the positive which is that the core game is solid, a ton of people are competing in the pro tour, and the game has better online than KOF XIV.

Plus SF games are usually cheeks in their first iteration, so people have to give the game time.

k8cAkN6.jpg

Mai Natsume playable? Oh hell yes, Central Fiction. My new main is settled. Sorry Bullet/Platinum, but I gotta play this character. Here's hoping Mai gets to lick folks to gain abilities and pass off penalties like in the manga.

Plus now Noelle's "DEATH DINNER" can make a comeback :D

Not the Mai that I was expecting to hear about, but she thick doe.

BadWolf

I think people would be less negative about the game if we didn't have to wait until after Capcom Cup for a rebalance. Until there's a massive shake up, people are going to be bitter and miserable instead of seeing the positive which is that the core game is solid, a ton of people are competing in the pro tour, and the game has better online than KOF XIV.

Lol, really? You have to use an unreleased KOF to try to make SFV good? A game that had a craptacular launch and has had netcode patches galore since launch with people still complain about the netplay?

Balance isn't the issue with SFV, that portion of the game is a very good effort by Capcom.

Played online for 2 hours (KOFXIV)

No issues so far (Played against someone from my town on optic fiber, just like me, and someone from another town in France). Standard delay based netcode on both sides (Hd confirms ok, antiair on reaction ok, but there's a delay, obviously).

Now i don't know how it will work on your shitty Internet in the US.

Line_HTX

What he said. For KoF to work with delay based netcode, it would need to no longer be KoF. I also believe the minimum startup of any move is 10 frames in Tekken on top of the input delay they added to help online play.

Predictabou !

I double dipped on KoFXIII, console + PC. What I got was a shitty and a shitty+ netcode. If developpers won't listen, the blame is on them.

The developers are secretly Geese of netcode.

GEEEEESE!!

Not the Mai that I was expecting to hear about, but she thick doe.

They're both thick, y'know?

:p

Line_HTX

Krone giving Lauras a bad name

I dunno, Mike Ross does that more than Wolfkrone...

No issues so far (Played against someone from my town on optic fiber, just like me, and someone from another town in France). Standard delay based netcode on both sides (Hd confirms ok, antiair on reaction ok, but there's a delay, obviously).

Yeah, the biggest problem of fighting game netcode is the shitty infrastructure here in the US. I wish it was more on par with Japan so we don't have to deal with this with every single game at launch.

Line_HTX

Wish they used Dengeki scans since those are higher resolutions. That being said, can't really comment on Mai either until there's gameplay footage.

BadWolf

Nice, hopefully they will act quick after launch with patching like they did with Last Blade 2.

Lol, really? You have to use an unreleased KOF to try to make SFV good? A game that had a craptacular launch and has had netcode patches galore since launch with people still complain about the netplay?

Well what's he going to do, compare SFV to a complete game? That would be unfair.

stn

let krone live tbh, there was only that one video of a RQ that could've been a disconnect tbh

dude streamed for like 8 hours straight gaining and losing points without a RQ on his main and 2nd account tbh

tbh
He's been rage-quitting since SF4. I doubt it was a disconnect. Good player but has the attitude of a complete scrub.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
People are still suggesting he got there illegitimately eventhough he streams for hours without doing it ever.

Neoxon

Gonna take a wild guess and say that half of those voters never played much, if any, of 3S
It's still a fantastic Street Fighter game. Sure, it wasn't the easiest SF game, but it sure as hell felt rewarding. I still remember playing it & MvC2 at my local bowling alley when I was little (though MvC1 was my first fighting game....& I think first game in general).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom