• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sabroso

What was wrong with the ragquit hell? I personally really like the idea.

the idea is good, but when they implemented it, the game couldn't tell who rq, so both players were having the disconnection and for that, if more ppl rq'd on you, you could be in that rq hell, even Max got there from that error

vocab

I don't remember Tag 2 having any big issues at launch. T6 was a different story though.

TT2 was fine than most on launch. There might of been some matchmaking issues if I remember correctly. I think the only other thing was the network lag affecting combo practice during waiting periods. T6 even after launch is still a mess. The game had performance issues, and looks worse than the arcade version.

Doomshine

TT2 was fine than most on launch. There might of been some matchmaking issues if I remember correctly. I think the only other thing was the network lag affecting combo practice during waiting periods. T6 even after launch is still a mess. The game had performance issues, and looks worse than the arcade version.

T6 also had a patch shortly after launch that improved online, so it went from utter garbage to just garbage. Practice mode was also missing essential features like a record function. Thankfully they learned their lesson and Tag 2 improved both the online and practice mode.

Kumubou

Who cares what James Chen thinks?
What, you don't think having 20+ years of experience in the genre and having interacted with a large number of communities over those years has zero value? If that's the case, why even have this thread, as who would care what some rando poster on NeoGAF thinks?

What, you don't think having 20+ years of experience in the genre and having interacted with a large number of communities over those years has zero value? If that's the case, why even have this thread, as who would care what some rando poster on NeoGAF thinks?

Marz is stuck in 2008, so Chen hasn't risen to prominence yet.

Marz

Is he a TO? No. So his opinion is rather irrelevant.

And the purpose of this thread is to make unfunny jokes and discuss twitter drama. It's always been for that.

shaowebb

Outage work starting soon, found out my contractor will be killing my power to install a 200 amp service breaker the day KOF 14 launches, no days off till next month and still unpacking and settling into the house. Gonna have so much to do I'll struggle to even touch games the next few months let alone get any work done on animation.

Grown ass man problems can fuck off. I wanna be a lazy kid again. It was so much easier to enjoy being a nerd when I was broke, but it was so hard to do everything else.
:(

I need a healthy medium...maybe win the lotto or some shit...

(plays Bob Seger "Beautiful Loser" as he makes this whiny shit post)

shaowebb

Win the lotto and take care of everyone in FGHQ for life.

Honestly, if I did win my first act would literally not be for my own game goals. I'd pay Lab Zero to make their full rostered sequel. I made that promise years ago and I keep my promises lol.

Done deal. I win Lab Zero gets paid. No questions asked. They've come further than me and shown the skill to pull off what I am still struggling to realise someday. Hell I'd try to trade off and get the help I need by backing them. Lord knows Mike Z is the god of GGPO netcode implementation.

Fun to dream. Real world is tough though. Time to go earn my paycheck. If I can get any free time I'll go back to the grindstone on my own stuff soon enough with hopefully enough time to enjoy the title I'm purchasing a PS4 to play on the 29th.

shaowebb

You waited this long, you can't wait a couple of months to buy a PS4 Neo or a discounted PS4 in Oct?

I don't care about console specs. I buy for games. KOF 14 was coming and a Senko No Ronde style Touhou title shortly after. I'm buying a PS4. If there is exclusivity to the Neo or Scorpio on a title I'll upgrade to it then. Like I said many times before...I just follow games. What I want will be on PS4 now so thats why I'm there. I won't wait around for the more powerful console if it doesn't really have anything I can't already play now that I wanted. The cost doesn't bother me. Its just time I lack and because of that I value the experiences I could be having now more than I want to wait for the bigger system specs.

Gonna suck once I reach devkit stage though. I may need to pay for two devkits and work on both a PS4/Neo to insure it runs right. That sorta shit almost makes me consider putting a fighter on Nintendo Hardware just because its the only console that didn't have a second iteration this gen so far in terms of hardware jumps.

.la1n

Is he a TO? No. So his opinion is rather irrelevant.

And the purpose of this thread is to make unfunny jokes and discuss twitter drama. It's always been for that.

To his credit he has enough experience both first hand and second hand from numerous TOs he's known for over decade that I think he's justified in having an opinion on the subject worth listening to.

Dahbomb

James Chen could make a decent TO to be honest. Though he has more or less settled into his role as a tournament commentator.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
having a blast in NYC, just played 60 games against the guy who sent me to losers (1-3) yesterday. final score was 15-45. guess that's consistent at least

Tripon

I don't care about console specs. I buy for games. KOF 14 was coming and a Senko No Ronde style Touhou title shortly after. I'm buying a PS4. If there is exclusivity to the Neo or Scorpio on a title I'll upgrade to it then. Like I said many times before...I just follow games. What I want will be on PS4 now so thats why I'm there. I won't wait around for the more powerful console if it doesn't really have anything I can't already play now that I wanted. The cost doesn't bother me. Its just time I lack and because of that I value the experiences I could be having now more than I want to wait for the bigger system specs.

Gonna suck once I reach devkit stage though. I may need to pay for two devkits and work on both a PS4/Neo to insure it runs right. That sorta shit almost makes me consider putting a fighter on Nintendo Hardware just because its the only console that didn't have a second iteration this gen so far in terms of hardware jumps.

fucking thank you, i thought i was the only sane man left

Heh. Okay.

Sayad

That sorta shit almost makes me consider putting a fighter on Nintendo Hardware just because its the only console that didn't have a second iteration this gen so far in terms of hardware jumps.
WiiU wasn't successful enough to have one, and they've been doing updated iteration for every handheld they ever had except for the GBA! Wouldn't rule out hardware iteration for NX, especially for a system that was rumored to be a hybrid between console and handled at some point, might have one from the get go! There's no escaping this shit. :3

CO_Andy

RIP Marvel 4. Ugly Western fighters are where the real money at

having a blast in NYC, just played 60 games against the guy who sent me to losers (1-3) yesterday. final score was 15-45. guess that's consistent at least
which game did you play? Primal Rage?

kirblar

@RyanJosephHart yeah absolutely, game is random, and not fit for players which were known for being solid. Unless u play ryu nash chun fang
Then the problem is you, for not playing Ryu Nash Chun or Fang.
Bonchan is a good example tbh
I think some top players are definitely handicapped by the limited number of viable options right now in character choice, because they don't have one that meshes well with their style and they aren't flexible enough to make a different one work.

Dahbomb

Guess it's time for these players to drop SFV and play a true honest, complex and skillful fighting game like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

ShinMaruku

Guess it's time for these players to drop SFV and play a true honest, complex and skillful fighting game like Revalator.
Fixed.
dizzy-ends.jpg

chriskun

Ryan Hart complains about every new game, he did the same shit with SFIV back in the day. I also like the entitlement and ego some of these guys always have towards winning. It's laughable they can't recognize the bullshit they are spouting.

Kumubou

Guess it's time for these players to drop SFV and play a true honest, complex and skillful fighting game like Kohime Enbu.
The most honest of fighters... but I understand why nobody here wants to play it. Playing footsies with lolis typically gets you arrested in the US.

.la1n

Anybody else get charged twice for their EVO 2016 ticket? I got another charge this month despite it being a "one time" ticket like last year. Might want to check your paypal / bank accounts.

shaowebb

The most honest of fighters... but I understand why nobody here wants to play it. Playing footsies with lolis typically gets you arrested in the US.

Koihime Enbu in a nutshell lol.
Gotta say its fucking hype to watch tournies for it. This year's animEVO was hilarious too. Dude showed up wearing a really fucked up full face covering hoodie that got dubbed "The Beta Hoodie" and another dude got us all worked up over ridiculous horse shaped energy dashes with one character.

Tourney became Beta Hoodie vs Horse puns. Hype as fuck footsies and very clutch stuff, but also funny as hell and everyone on stream playing, talking and even in the chat were laughing and smiling the whole time. Its great seeing folks all just have a good time like that on stream when they win or lose.

Infinite

Why do top players think they are entitled to wins? "This game doesn't favor solid players" is some ol' bullshit that should get you laughed at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom