• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 22-28 | Game of Throws - A Song of Salt and Fire(balls)

Dahbomb

hes running wolverine repulsorblast vergil i think at least thats what hes hinted on
So his strategy is to get under Morrigan and call Repulsar.. which works at start of round but is not a good long term strategy. You need mobility to make use of Repulsar and Wolverine gets no real benefit from it at full screen outside of absorbing a few projectiles. Carving a horizontal path with a durable beam to get in Morrigan's face is what PRRog should be doing.

At least he is trying something different.

So his strategy is to get under Morrigan and call Repulsar.. which works at start of round but is not a good long term strategy. You need mobility to make use of Repulsar and Wolverine gets no real benefit from it at full screen outside of absorbing a few projectiles. Carving a horizontal path with a durable beam to get in Morrigan's face is what PRRog should be doing.

At least he is trying something different.
I'm surprised no one is taking a hint that ChrisG lost 0-3 to Angelic, "first match of the day" excuses or not.

Dahbomb

Im watching Fchamp play ghost rider and nova. You guys still think he has a shot?
He's playing online...

You should've seen his sets from yesterday where he picked his shit. His Dormammu was looking unstoppable against Taekua and GCYoshi.... they had to burn XF to kill him every time they got a whiff of him.

For the record, FGTV guys think that Dormammu beats Morrigan if he is DHC'd in and his zoning game is set up properly. So yea FChamp will be going with the classic EVO team for Norcal.

If NorCal really wants to beat Chris G, then they should all run Wolverine teams whenever they fight him in tournament.

Ignoring whether or not his team has a weakness for later, Chris has an obvious exploitable weakness in his mental state when playing. Put the pressure on him and he starts to crack. Keep it up and he'll eventually fall apart.

Let his whole tournament be "I"m in your face motherfucker DEAL WITH IT BUB" teams and he'd probably lose.

Even though there's no chance of this happening, I think it'd be funny if everyone that he played picked a Wolverine team on him.

He's playing online...

You should've seen his sets from yesterday where he picked his shit. His Dormammu was looking unstoppable against Taekua and GCYoshi.... they had to burn XF to kill him every time they got a whiff of him.

For the record, FGTV guys think that Dormammu beats Morrigan if he is DHC'd in and his zoning game is set up properly. So yea FChamp will be going with the classic EVO team for Norcal.
Dormammu stands a good chance, but you need all of the following:
1) Magneto to survive to 2 bars
2) Safely DHC Dormammu in (Soul Fists in AV will knock Dormammu out of Stalking Flare, and now the game is over)
3) Perfect Purification placement every single time - one whiffed Purification means Morrigan gets Hidden Missiles and 2 Soul Fists on the screen safely

that team has like 2 of morrigans worst matchups and shuma assist that helps vs missiles. But it means you have to play shuma
It means you have to win before Shuma comes out. ;-)

Dahbomb

Dormammu stands a good chance, but you need all of the following:
1) Magneto to survive to 2 bars
2) Safely DHC Dormammu in (Soul Fists in AV will knock Dormammu out of Stalking Flare, and now the game is over)
3) Perfect Purification placement every single time - one whiffed Purification means Morrigan gets Hidden Missiles and 2 Soul Fists on the screen safely)
Yea that's what they were saying too. I mean it's good on paper but against ChrisG.... It will be difficult.

It's really sad no one has the match footage on the Angelic match.

Why is that?
Ok maybe closer to 5.5. Cody's bingo is great for reacting to rekkas, chicken wing and focus attacks. His short can make fei use rekkas as a poke a lot less because it can punish it with certain spacing. It obviously can also be option selected into ruffian. His short annoys the shit out of fei. It's not complete destruction but Cody has a slight upper hand.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55139576]I just picked Iron Man to test shit for Dahbomb and I didn't know who to stick with him so I just hit random.

Doom Vergil.[/QUOTE]
That's actually a really good team.

Honzo for greatest troll in FGC. I have to admit that pic of Yipes and Ono got me good.

Shouta

Lots of solid Sf x TK players up here like LPN, Kelvin and others so Im looking forward to it. Also, Momochi and Infiltration. :)

I'll actually be in trenches recording direct feed (suck it arturo) matches that didnt make it on stream and uploading them to Capcom Fighters.

Oh yeah, I know about LPN and Kelvin. I just would've loved to see Tampa Bison or Seth make it out to NCR as well for some insanity. We'll have to wait until Evo for it, really.

Beckx

I am so horrified by the idea of Watchmen characters in Injustice that I'm burning in-flight wi-fi just to object.

Darkseid
Zod
The Demon
Lobo (already getting, so I'm set)
Dial H (w/ 2-3 "heroes" like Captain Lachrymose and Chimney Boy)
R'as (because damn, son, I don't care what else you put in, you shoulda had R'as)

But if we have to mixup universes it would be cooler to include the Fables crew, Beast and Bluebeard would be great. Especially Bluebeard.

It's going to be interesting to see how Lobo is treated, if he retains any of the humor from the early 90s run.

----------------------------------------

Momochi at NCR? Sweet.

Is Injustice at NCR or CEO?

UltraDavid said:
I'll be doing SFxT and Divekick commentary at NCR, aka the best and second best games there

SFxT is not the second best game there, not by a long shot.

I will agree with you about Divekick though. :)

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55142652]Well, it definitely seems like Magneto is the only one with the dash glitch. Storm can't do it, anyway.[/QUOTE]
Magneto keeps on winning.

CJ scheming to go to Mars and fuck bitches... ROFLMAO!

vulva

I'm willing to make the insane bet of 10 bucks that Momochi will beat Infiltration in grand finals. Criteria for this bet, it has to be those two in GF.

Dahbomb

Not hearing the premise of this discussion and tuning in halfway has proved interesting to say the least.
There's apparently some plan where they are asking for volunteers to inhabit and populate Mars in the year 2022. CJ wants to volunteer.

Catch is that you can't get back to Earth once you go to Mars.. ever.

Ok maybe closer to 5.5. Cody's bingo is great for reacting to rekkas, chicken wing and focus attacks. His short can make fei use rekkas as a poke a lot less because it can punish it with certain spacing. It obviously can also be option selected into ruffian. His short annoys the shit out of fei. It's not complete destruction but Cody has a slight upper hand.

Interesting. I don't think I've seen it at a high level so would look forward to it. Shame if we get it at NCR it'll probably be lolzsplitz time.

Everybody beats ChrisG once. Angelic has to do it again before he becomes someone you should pay attention to.
I don't think people need to pay attention to Angelic, I think they need to pay attention to Mystic Ray for handling Morrigan/Doom. I don't think Angelic is anything special as a player. It's just weird that PR Balrog is working on something so...unlikely as Repulsor Blast while ignoring something that has some evidence that it can cause problems. Wolverine/Mystic Ray is vicious for Morrigan and snuffs out the Doom assist.

I don't think people need to pay attention to Angelic, I think they need to pay attention to Mystic Ray for handling Morrigan/Doom. I don't think Angelic is anything special as a player. It's just weird that PR Balrog is working on something so...unlikely as Repulsor Blast while ignoring something that has some evidence that it can cause problems. Wolverine/Mystic Ray is vicious for Morrigan and snuffs out the Doom assist.

But it only worked in one set. If it works consistently, then we can talk.

Grecco

yeah but it means not playing dark vergil. Pros outweights the pros. With Repulsor blast its pretty much his team with tod combos to infinites.

Top Bottom