• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 28 - May 4 | The Desolation of Smug

Tesseract

Banned
luffy !

iBcexTwbKsGxx.gif

kirblar

Luffy takes it!

Justin clearly started to finally adapt after running into the same stuff over and over in the first two matches.

But Luffy also clearly has been in the lab vs Rufus. Countering EX Messiah with EX Soul Throw? :D

Kimosabae

Banned
I don't understand Justin's play. Made no sense why he kept choosing to disrespect Luffy by jumping like a maniac in neutral instead of earning his knockdowns with his superior footsies. It's like it was some free tournament that was run overly-long and he was just desperate to leave or something.

kirblar

I don't understand Justin's play. Made no sense why he kept choosing to disrespect Luffy by jumping like a maniac in neutral instead of earning his knockdowns with his superior footsies. It's like it was some free tournament that was run overly-long and he was just desperate to leave or something.
Check his twitter. He did not have a good night.

I don't understand Justin's play. Made no sense why he kept choosing to disrespect Luffy by jumping like a maniac in neutral instead of earning his knockdowns with his superior footsies. It's like it was some free tournament that was run over-long and he was just desperate to leave or something.

Too much playing against FilipinoMan's shitty Rose made Justin think he could do whatever & win.

SimSimIV

Are you sure he has superior footsies though? Luffy's footsies are good, and he plays Rose who is a much better footsie char imo

Kimosabae

Banned
Are you sure he has superior footsies though? Luffy's footsies are good, and he plays Rose who is a much better footsie char imo

From that match, Justin seemed to be winning the ground game with cr. RH and Cr. Fierce when he chose to play that game. But instead of trying to read Rose's cr. mp, slide, cr. rh etc., he'd often just jump in until he could land a j. fierce or dive kick. He just seemed uncharacteristically impatient. The mindless rushdown worked the first set but Luffy clearly adapted and Justin just didnt respect that.

If something'a going on outside the tournament that would make total sense to me. I saw him coughing on stream. Just didn't seem like Justin.

kirblar

From that match, Justin seemed to be winning the ground game with cr. RH and Cr. Fierce when he chose to play that game. But instead of trying to read Rose's cr. mp, slide, cr. rh etc., he'd often just jump in until he could land a j. fierce or dive kick. He just seemed uncharacteristically impatient. The mindless pushdown worked the first set but Luffy clearly adapted and Justin just didnt respect that.

If something'a going on outside the tournament that would make total sense to me. I saw him coughing on stream. Just didn't seem like Justin.
Sorry, needed a quick n dirty response a second ago - the hotel EG booked for him closes on Sundays. Yes. Closes on Sundays. (WHO DOES THAT?!) Apparently upon getting back there last night he was yelled at by the staff and had to pick up all his stuff and trudge over to the event site for help.

Kimosabae

Banned
Sorry, needed a quick n dirty response a second ago - the hotel EG booked for him closes on Sundays. Yes. Closes on Sundays. (WHO DOES THAT?!) Apparently upon getting back there last night he was yelled at by the staff and had to pick up all his stuff and trudge over to the event site for help.

Well damn.

EG with the legit sponsorship.

mbpm1

Valmaster beat Haitani? that's pretty cool.

Also...yooo that Hugo rushdown.

Not sure if this was after UD's shots to Japan, but Kubo does seem to be playing differently.

Hugo/Vega doesn't look like a great matchup for Vega as of now,.

Not sure if this was after UD's shots to Japan, but Kubo does seem to be playing differently.

That Hugo is ass because he is not using s.hp for anti air or dd+mk. Just another subpar Japanese Hugo player. At least according to UltraDavid.

kirblar

"We don't need no stinking extra frame on our character, it keeps the scrubs from polluting our waters!"

*Drops jab link, gets wrecked*

Top Bottom