• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

Early designs of SFxT's character select screen.

This is what we could've got:

sfxtk-charselect-concept-1-crop.jpg

sfxtk-charselect-concept-2-crop.jpg

sfxtk-charselect-concept-3-crop.jpg

sfxtk-charselect-concept-4-crop.jpg
This is what we got:

they chose the worst one. smh

2nd one is my fav tbh

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
But if we buffed Deejay what character would we complain about?

That's a really good point.

Also Blackule's post on SFxT, isn't it pretty much verified that the game was rushed and shipped as is? It had a lot of potential imo but Capcom went in on Ono and rushed it by what it looks like.

I wouldn't mind a reworked version of the game where there are assists for the 2nd character and pandora mode that actually isn't some crazy end be all move. I would also like it if you didn't lose the match if one of your characters died. Tekken does it like this but it feels like something is being robbed from me.
This all sounds like I want a new versus game that is marvel-esque.

What made the character select screen we ended up with even worse.. is that the character design is so damn ugly. The whole design of this game was straight fugstastic.

Straight hideous.

SFxT was really surreal. I thought it had interesting design/features but the neon/harsh outline style was what threw me off. Also, the walk speeds felt slow. I did like that I could combo off an air to air though.

Sayad

Looking at KiT pools now that pools for all games are online, looks like Xrd is the game with the second most entrants after USF4, even more than Smash4! :eek:

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That was funny that we were talking about Street Fighter x Tekken. I just picked up Street Fighter x Tekken today. I know it was late for me but yeah.

I hope that people are still playing online.

maybe i'm being too 09 about this, but sf5 just feels like the next evolution of the art from sf4->sfxt. really hope the game comes out of its shell more. the graphics from sf2->sfAlpha->sf3 were so far removed from each other that i think they can pull it off.

I like Deejay more in normal mode than Omega. I started playing him because I wanted to use a charge character.

Same tbh. Omega just feels weird.. but at the same time all the requests in the Deejay thread on Capcom Unity was sent to Omega instead of Ultra...

Asked for a normal/special overhead? Both sent to Omega
St.HP hitting crouchers like it's supposed to? Omega.
Slide having the same speed as in Super? Omega
Farther cancelability on his cr.HP? Omega.

Straight up trolling at this point.

SfxT felt like it had.. too many color options.

People went crazy with that shit too the point where you can't tell certain specials/normals.

Capcom really had to chill with that ish but wanted the money so bad.

Not to mention the game was already ugly then the gems putting an outline around them..

Capcom stahp.

D O U B L E P O S T B O Y S

Same tbh. Omega just feels weird.. but at the same time all the requests in the Deejay thread on Capcom Unity was sent to Omega instead of Ultra...

Yea, I really wanted an overhead and father cancel range for cr.HP. I am having fun with the Light sobat change though.

Sayad

SFxT had a horrible piss filter that made all colors look the ~same, to the point where only fluorescent colors really looked a bit different, so they went ham on them. Shit looks like a Brazilian carnival.

Nyoro SF

SFxT art direction was so bad. They need to put someone in charge that has better focus on what creates good fighting presentation.

About SfxTK. I loved the designs of the tekken characters. They outclassed the unchanged SF4 guys. Nailed that goofy, action figure look better. The dark outlines maybe could had been less. I did hate all the bright colors and all the gyrating and shaking. too much neon. too bright. I didn't like the backgrounds either.

Horseress

At first I thought it looked awesome, probably because of all the hype, but now I see. It's pure shit
best game tho

Sayad

About SfxTK. I loved the designs of the tekken characters. They outclassed the unchanged SF4 guys. Nailed that goofy, action figure look better. The dark outlines maybe could had been less. I did hate all the bright colors and all the gyrating and shaking. too much neon. too bright. I didn't like the backgrounds either.

I want a 2D game with the same style of SFxT's Tekken characters, normal strings(no magic series though), less reversals, less dependent on special moves than SF, etc... I really liked Nina in SFxT.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It was pretty dead on psn like a year ago, but I haven't checked since..

That's too bad. At least, I have few friends that are still playing so I probably going to lose a lot.

SFxT had a horrible piss filter that made all colors look the ~same, to the point where only fluorescent colors really looked a bit different, so they went ham on them. Shit looks like a Brazilian carnival.

Haha.

There's supposed to be a bundled released game of Tekken 6, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Soul Calibur 5 in sku in similar fashion to what they did with Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur 4 in one sku released on December 19th but I can't seem to find anything on the release. I wonder if the bundle got canned.

I want a 2D game with the same style of SFxT's Tekken characters, normal strings(no magic series though), less reversals, less dependent on special moves than SF, etc... I really liked Nina in SFxT.

I have always wanted this as well. Get all the Tekken guys in there, plus some SC people ;)

TKxSC.

Shouta

Viper got a buffed cr.mk in Ultra, as I recall? Or did they remove that. Anyway, hardly anyway plays her though. Latiff, Uryo, and Fawwaz are the only Viper players off the top of my head.

Those concept SFxT select screens are waaaay better than what we got.

Kimosabae

Banned
Viper got a buffed cr.mk in Ultra, as I recall? Or did they remove that. Anyway, hardly anyway plays her though. Latiff, Uryo, and Fawwaz are the only Viper players off the top of my head.

Those concept SFxT select screens are waaaay better than what we got.

It did get "buffed", in the sense that the phantom hitbox got extended a few pixels, but it's still relatively trash.

xezuru

Looking back on it, it's too bad I could give a shit about Ultra anymore.
I loved playing Cody back in Super->AE but wakeup setups were not kind to him.
Now in ultra he has bit more tools to wake up and prolly some interesting changes but I didn't even bother with AE14.

All these games, haven't even spent enough time to unlock Sin in guilty shiiit.

I need to fuckin stop playing all mah old man games.

bonus smash gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymzIBlvfVqo

Korigama

The second character select screen is definitely the best-looking one. But yeah, much too bad about SFxT's art direction (and the rest of the game itself for that matter).

The sad thing about SFxT is that you could easily imagine a parallel universe where they made a few different decisions during development and it ended up being a really good fighter

Tizoc

Early designs of SFxT's character select screen.

This is what we could've got:

This is what we got:

they chose the worst one. smh

2nd one is my fav tbh

I kinda like the one they ended up with bt damn are those early designs much better woah.

There's supposed to be a bundled released game of Tekken 6, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Soul Calibur 5 in sku in similar fashion to what they did with Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur 4 in one sku released on December 19th but I can't seem to find anything on the release. I wonder if the bundle got canned.

It definitely got a release in the EU at least. (Not sure why amazon has it listed as a preorder. I've seen it in stores already. )

alstein

Felt Honda got the same treatment. Every change Honda mains wanted went to Omega- like the working buttlsam.

Top Bottom