• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 15-21 | Post-EVO Pillow Talk

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Evo 2014 lineup, let's go

Ultra Street Fighter IV - 1700
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 1500
Super Smash Bros Melee - 800
Injustice Gods Among Us - 400
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma - 300
The King of Fighters XIII - 300
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 250
Skullgirls - 150

Killer Instinct - 1

This would be a good line up. Skull girls would probably get more entries than that though same for bbcp. Im guessing about 500 for bbcp and 300 for sg if it was there

Frantic

Yeah, Cloud getting hit by Shuma-Gorath made me really sad. Definitely a lack of matchup experience, because Shuma-Gorath should never hit anyone solo. He's a piece of shit.
He had the comeback twice, but got bopped by Mystic Smash when all he had to do was pick anything that has an anti-air hitbox. s.M/H/S, Reverb Shock, Crystal, Million Carats(my personal favorite since it does so damage up front), Jam Session... but instead, he got hit in the face. :(

Oh well.

He had the comeback twice, but got bopped by Mystic Smash when all he had to do was pick anything that has an anti-air hitbox. s.M/H/S, Reverb Shock, Crystal, Million Carats(my personal favorite since it does so damage up front), Jam Session... but instead, he got hit in the face. :(

Oh well.
He probably could have spammed Acid Rain or dp.L and been safe the entire time.

I mean a true successor, not just something with the name slapped on.

Skullgirls - 150

Killer Instinct - 1
Phantasma won't be there officially and neither will Skullgirls. SG will still have a larger side tournament than that, though.
That philosophy is why the police around here know me by name.
tumblr_moao9p3tEO1rlcdpoo1_400_zpsd8cb29fc.gif

Go to sleep, Karsticles.

cLOUDo

Skullgirls - 150

Killer Instinct - 1

guilty gear xrd

#Believe

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Tonight Justin Wong almost became John Cena. I don't know how to feel about that.

They were trending at the same time tonight. Justin will probably be happy when he finds out considering how much of a Cena mark he is.

also, the 7v7 America vs Europe was finished and hopefully recorded. I don't know the results tho. Arturo better have that. cpm monster that he is

Someone repost that pic of Art CPMing it up pls.

kick51

Banned
Oh man "Where's your God now?" is amazing. Although probably have to make it plural "Where are your Gods now?"

By the way, I hated that the GAF EVO thread turned into a stream view pissing contest. I posted very little in it (almost none during Marvel), it was just a glorified stream chat at that point. People constantly updating stream view couny was especially bad, like tally up the view count at the end man no need to spam every other post with "omg smash got 130k viewers, Injustass no hype with sub 100k views".

And the constant bitching and salt holy crap.

Yeah, i had to troll the peeps who seemed obsessed with stream numbers. The Evo thread was quickly turning into a fucking NPD thread. Thankfully Marvel started right after that and the stream viewer count idiots aren't regulars in any fighting game thread.

Infinite

Why are people complaining about the added roster to ultra street fighter 4 when we were only promised a balance update? I'll be more upset about the fact that it was delayed

Hmmm, if another donation drive starts, how many of you would support +R for next year? I've been learning AC and really digging it, and I would love to see GG get more love. I think most people who aren't even accustomed to fighting games could watch it because the combos aren't ridiculously long since the damage is actually higher than other games (didn't play CP yet so can't comment, even though I might pick up BB again since I stopped after CS1) and you see a lot of work done in the neutral game.

AE pools=>semis=>Top 8 was incredible this year. Ridiculous amount of high level play and a lot of extremely hype matches, not only was it the best EVO in SF but it was (personally) the best Street Fighter 4 tournament I've watched.

Looking forward to next year with the new version(even though most of it was SFxT port shit but the balancing is good enough).

Kalamari

What a great EVO event this year, I am definitely a little sad that it's over now. Spooky is clearly the greatest of the 5 FG streaming Gods.

Also, does anyone know what happened between Infiltration and Laugh? They were definitely unfriendly after their match on Friday. Do they hate each other now?

KakesuSora

I loved watching this evo. Rog & Justin made this evo for me. Oh and REYNALD. The KoF top 8 has inspired me to play KoF.

Edgeward

Please announce that PC version, SNK

Also, does anyone know what happened between Infiltration and Laugh? They were definitely unfriendly after their match on Friday. Do they hate each other now?

that was the gossip mill is suggesting. No further details

vocab

I'm not gonna lie, injustice was kinda unhype. Not sure if it was the lack of volume from the game, or the commentators not delivering (ultradavid was fine, the other guy I wasn't digging). CEO, and UFGTV was much more enjoyable to watch for injustice.

Superman is fucking ridiculous, and completely made every character look free as shit.

Kikujiro

Why are people complaining about the added roster to ultra street fighter 4 when we were only promised a balance update? I'll be more upset about the fact that it was delayed

The people complaining are those who don't play fighting games and buy games during sales them to add to their unplayed backlog. There are a lot of people like this here on GAF, hence the stupidity.

Unfortunately I missed this Cloud805 vs. F.Champ match people keep talking about. I didn't subscribe so I won't be able to catch the archive of it. Hopefully it shows it's head on youtube someday.

kick51

Banned
When were either of those two heels?

ChrisG's cranky ornery attitude towards losing (aside from today), general humorlessness, and attitude towards Evo, including "ur a faget"-gate. I don't know if it falls under the wrestling fan the definition of heel, but he seems to have a highly impacted cloaca or something. I realize that's what helps him win, but it also makes him hard to like.

Infiltration is not heel, he's just evil looking and cold/calculating. There isn't anything objective to make him seem like he has a poor attitude or whatever. He plays, wins, or loses, he's a machine. You don't see much of a reaction either way from him.

But when you're up top, you get gunned for, that's how it has to be. Nobody gets to be the 100% loved and well-respected champion because other people will always wanna be the champ.

Top Bottom