• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 8-14 | All roads lead here

The Light

capture4tsx5.png

Come on son.

So is this being streamed by someone from mk/inj community? If so it makes sense.

It's bullcrap because other streamers like stickbug want to stream p4a pools and aren't part of the officiated stream schedule.

So fans of those games will still be able to see gameplay of those games by going to the same streams they always do?

It would have been nice if EVO set up srkevo4 and let them stream on that so it felt more "official", but a stream's a stream. And there have been plenty of streams for the side tournament stuff at EVO, so not being "official" is no excuse if they end up not streaming.

CurlyW

Okay, I actually looked at the entire stream schedule now, not just Friday's. I have no more excuses for Evo. I don't know what their reasoning is. I like the stream schedule we put together for UFGT 100x better than this, and we started Injustice at 9
:30

I will say that Evo's stream schedule is better than Evo's brackets. Which tells you how I feel about Evo's brackets. (Example)

So fans of those games will still be able to see gameplay of those games by going to the same streams they always do?

It would have been nice if EVO set up srkevo4 and let them stream on that so it felt more "official", but a stream's a stream. And there have been plenty of streams for the side tournament stuff at EVO, so not being "official" is no excuse if they end up not streaming.

Part of the allure of having a game be an official Evo game is the hope of expanding your game's audience. By being on an official channel, it would get more viewers who may potentially become interested in the game.

kick51

Banned
i don't understand this video, are they gonna stop and show some highlights or is it just like...one big trailer

Why do I get the feeling that if this wasn't MK you wouldn't be so staunch to defend this blatantly moneyhatted stream schedule?

OceanBlue

Well, at least P4A is being side-streamed. I personally think it's a good solution and I'm glad they got it together within an hour of the schedule releasing, lol. Hopefully TTT2 and SFxT can get something similar going.

Why do I get the feeling that if this wasn't MK you wouldn't be so staunch to defend this blatantly moneyhatted stream schedule?

I'm happy that a game I would actually watch is being shown, as opposed to having nothing to watch from EVO until a later time? What a shocking concept.

Kenturoxx

Looks like the anime community came through and I'll have something to watch on Friday. Hope the other communities can find something too.

OceanBlue

Who is doing it?

Someone here mentioned St1ckBuG so I checked Twitter and it seems people are getting something together:

Alan Bakes ‏@St1ckBuG 24m

If WC can get someone out there with stream equipment and talk to EVO about getting a dedicated station for pools, I'll pay for the 4G.

David Broweleit ‏@Dacidbro 2m

There's light at the end of the tunnel, P4A players! A dedicated stream for P4A is in the works of being set up, more details soon.

That isn't confirmed yet.

I know, but I'm staying hopeful!

Shouta

Well, at least P4A is being side-streamed. I personally think it's a good solution and I'm glad they got it together within an hour of the schedule releasing, lol. Hopefully TTT2 and SFxT can get something similar going.

I asked haunts if there was anything he could do for SFxT. I doubt he can because of the time left until Evo or because he might be too busy but I thought I would ask him anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guidebook app definitely lists a Marvel panel scheduled during that Special Presentation time. Paraphrasing here but the description says Niitsuma and Ono will dress up as Vincent and Jules respectively and will strike down upon Brett, played by a copy of UMvC3.

Chavelo

FUCK YEAH, A STREAM FOR P4A POOLS IS IN THE WORKS, AND ALL IT TAKES IS OFFERING TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF BITCHING ON TWITTER. :D

I'm happy that a game I would actually watch is being shown, as opposed to having nothing to watch from EVO until a later time? What a shocking concept.

Oh but there is a difference between enjoying watching a game and understanding why it's there.

I like watching Tekken but evo gave TTT2 a 12 hour stream, I'm not going to lie to myself.

I like watching Tekken but evo gave TTT2 a 12 hours stream, I'm not going to lie to myself.

I'm not that nice of a guy. I'm concerned with the entertainment value I myself receive.
They should just rename the 2nd stream twitch.tv/nrsevo
capcomevo
wbevo
atlusevo

The only problem being Smash. Replace it with SCV to have namcoevo and there you go. A better system than 1,2,3, which gives the impression of some streams and the games on them being better or more important.

I'm still salty as hell about Melee finals being earlier than Injustice finals.

At least it gives me a chance to eat in between but damn moneyhats.

Guys, I was joking about how hype everyone got for no reason last year.

FUCK YEAH, A STREAM FOR P4A POOLS IS IN THE WORKS, AND ALL IT TAKES IS OFFERING TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF BITCHING ON TWITTER. :D
Ew, do something?

By the way, I signed up for the CO fgc website.

Esports...but Marn is the type of guy who will randomly win EVO so here is his side on the recent dramas. As usual and slightly confusingly, it is very well written.

http://marnorz.blogspot.com.au/

Morale: When money is involved, even a small amount, make sure everything is agreed upon properly and put down on paper. Never assume, never rely on people doing the "right thing" and hope it all just works out.

Money always changes things sooner or later.

In addition to the three main streams, think about all the side tournaments that are getting streamed... Hopefully jaxels viewer can hold down 8 or so streams at the same time.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think fighting games are fucking up my left arm or something. Just got done playing SF4 for a few hours and when I went to use my left arm for other stuff it felt really weak and weird and messed up in general. This isn't the first time it's felt messed up but it was especially profound this time around. I don't play fighting games as much as I used to since I have a lot more responsibilities IRL nowadays, but I used to sometimes go like 6+ hours playing fighting games. I wonder if I've got some kind of repetitive stress injury from playing on stick for so many years or something.

That schedule does indeed suck! WHY DOES MORTAL KOMBAT GET A BUTT LOAD OF STREAM TIME COMPARED TO OTHER GAMES? Who wants to watch it for that long?

Top Bottom