• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 2-8 | The Final Kountdown

but.. he's not. :'(
The four trophies at the direct! Believe in Ridley, Palutena, and Demise!

I believe!
YES!

yeah but it got its own thread. If people want to talk about it, they could talk about it over there.

I really don't understand why people want to put the marvel glitch in the title. I mean if that thread didn't exist, fine it makes sense. But shit is already 4 pages in.
The fact that it got its own thread is the best proof that it's the most important thing to happen this week.

That said, it's a weekly thread title. It will be replaced next week. It's not something I'm going to argue hard for, but I think a fighting game's entire online community being destroyed is more noteworthy than El Fuerte winning a regional.

yeah but it got its own thread. If people want to talk about it, they could talk about it over there.

I really don't understand why people want to put the marvel glitch in the title. I mean if that thread didn't exist, fine it makes sense. But shit is already 4 pages in.

Well I based that on the fact that I wasn't aware 2-4 happened and I stopped caring about e3 years ago, so marvel wins by default.

I like this one

Hm6Qn3S.png

I think a fighting game's entire online community being destroyed is more noteworthy than El Fuerte winning a regional.

I pity the marvel community.

I also like FGW | doom doom doom

It works on multiple levels...hahaha!

A Smash invitational is a pretty big deal, but I have a feeling that next week's title will be about Smash. There's no way that we are getting a fighting game reveal on par with what Sakurai will bring to the table.

I pity the marvel community.
Great, then vote for the Marvel thread title. :)

Or are you just being an insincere ass?

Media of any sort is far more than an ending. What about the 99% of the content of the game? Is it worth discounting the purpose of playing a game because you saw one cut scene?

I heard a segment on NPR a few months ago that mentioned how we as humans tend to end up valuing/judging everything by the way it ends, because in part of how memory works. Not that we're incapable of doing otherwise, but rather that it's a huge tendency for us to only recall the portions that left the biggest impression and let that color or define the rest of our recollection on a topic. Naturally, endings tend to leave large impressions, so they can be the biggest factor when it comes to recalling any kind of experience.

Edit: Oops.

Top Bottom