• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 2-8 | The Final Kountdown

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
are you implying that a save hack is bigger than a game itself?

I vote for Cain's title
Yes, a save hack that potentially ruins the online component of a game unlikely to get patches ever again is bigger than just another week in the life of USF4. Why does USF4 deserve a thread title just because it's the most recent game out..?

Not to mention there's a Smash invitational next week and KoNY.

the major events of this week

1) marvel glitch
2) el fuerte being good and dumb (and winning a regional)
3) seth killian + valle interview
4) that big smash tourney that happened this weekend
5) upcoming E3 and new games announcement

I feel marvel glitch does not warrant a title because it has its own thread already.

I'm leaning towards e3, GG being cross play between ps4 and ps3 and maybe KI season 2

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FGW | Don't ask Harada

smh enzo, smh
I don't get it, what is so special about the second week of USF4? I understand people wanting a Fuerte title, but I don't get why just because it's the second week of the game being out it needs to be a USFIV title. Not to mention on the week of it's release (arguably more important than the second week, though I'm probably missing something here) people chose an MK title.

This is silly.

Yes, a save hack that potentially ruins the online component of a game unlikely to get patches ever again is bigger than just another week in the life of USF4. Why does USF4 deserve a thread title just because it's the most recent game out..?

Not to mention there's a Smash invitational next week and KoNY.

No one would be asking for an Ultra title this week except for thr fact that last week you wasted it on that Crappy MKX reveal.

I vote for mine, incase it wasn't obvious.

Since GAF is likely to be down for various periods throughout the day which streams should I be looking at if I want to catch any FG related stuff like GGXrd, Capcom, Namco Bandai, etc?

I don't get it, what is so special about the second week of USF4? I understand people wanting a Fuerte title, but I don't get why just because it's the second week of the game being out it needs to be a USFIV title. Not to mention on the week of it's release (arguably more important than the second week, though I'm probably missing something here) people chose an MK title.

This is silly.

it's more like why another marvel title.

it doesn't really matter much, I just recall rice eater thinking it would happen last week and I didn't take him seriously.

Marz

I am talking about the -1 it had in SSFIVAE. Did it get buffed to 0 in USFIV? Even crazier.

Suggest a good title no one can pass up instead of complaining.

It kind of actually got nerfed because they added hitstop meaning you can react quicker to it on block.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone have a link to info about next week's KoNY tournament? All I seem to find is stuff about the B League tournament a while back.

it's more like why another marvel title.

it doesn't really matter much, I just recall rice eater thinking it would happen last week and I didn't take him seriously.
You're right, FGW | Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel Marvel is long overdue TBH

Since GAF is likely to be down for various periods throughout the day which streams should I be looking at if I want to catch any FG related stuff like GGXrd, Capcom, Namco Bandai, etc?
www.twitch.tv/twitch will have everything. Next week's OP will have information about when to catch fighting game related stuff for E3.

Uraizen

Banned
Why not wait until Tuesday to make a new thread as a special exception? There might be some good stuff shown tomorrow that would make a great thread title.

I'll hook you up if you're on Steam. My friends and I plan to watch and make fun of E3.

Dahbomb

I think we should just not have a new thread next week at all due to E3.

No matter what title we have it will get trumped by some news at E3.

Horseress

LOL @ people thinking we should pick a title because of the game it refers. We pick the most clever/funny thread titles, not necessarily the most relevant game atm gets the title, it doesn't work like that

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why not wait until Tuesday to make a new thread as a special exception? There might be some good stuff shown tomorrow that would make a great thread title.
Check the edit to the post I made above yours.

Also, lol @ the only place I can find information of KoNY A League being GirlGamersVogue. Nothing on Team PIE's twitter outside of the date either.

I think we should just not have a new thread next week at all due to E3.

No matter what title we have it will get trumped by some news at E3.
We don't make these threads to compete with others or have our thread titles outshined lol. Thread titles mean nothing.

Busaiku

Could be.

Besides Ultra Street Fighter IV on current gen and/or more Mario Kart 10 info, I wouldn't expect anything else. And really, those aren't that "major" at this point.
BRIDGET WILL BE REVEALED FOR GUILTY GEAR XRD DURING THE SONY CONFERENCE. BELIEVE

Uraizen

Banned
Besides Ultra Street Fighter IV on current gen and/or more Mario Kart 10 info, I wouldn't expect anything else. And really, those aren't that "major" at this point.
BRIDGET WILL BE REVEALED FOR GUILTY GEAR XRD DURING THE SONY CONFERENCE. BELIEVE

And I mentioned KI Season 2 earlier, too. ;_;

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FGC-GAF exclusive leak

get on this eventhubs

Lulubop

1) marvel glitch

I feel marvel glitch does not warrant a title because it has its own thread already.

I'm leaning towards e3, GG being cross play between ps4 and ps3 and maybe KI season 2

Best NY players weren't even there. They mostly went to some tournament in CT.

Compbros

Why does this matter?

Because if something is the lead platform and then ported to something lesser then it has a good chance of running worse. Look at Watchdogs, which runs like crap on previous gen at times, or Titanfall, which performs very well but not up to it's current gen counterpart.

1) marvel glitch

marvel glitch is the most important of those

marvel glitch is the most important of those

yeah but it got its own thread. If people want to talk about it, they could talk about it over there.

I really don't understand why people want to put the marvel glitch in the title. I mean if that thread didn't exist, fine it makes sense. But shit is already 4 pages in.

vulva

Maybe not if you ignore the fact that a narrative is designed to build towards a desired conclusion. Not just any cutscene. No one is saying the rest of the game isn't worth a damn without the ending being in place, but I think it's fairly ignorant to say that getting part of any experience ruined that is important to all other components can't make you demotivated to experience the thing as a whole. Or as it was intended.

What a depressingly narrow view of what a narrative is.

E3 isn't open tomorrow, it's just the various conferences.

Oh. So I guess their presentations are at a later date then.

www.twitch.tv/twitch will have everything. Next week's OP will have information about when to catch fighting game related stuff for E3.

Thanks, I'll keep this open for tommorow.

I'll hook you up if you're on Steam. My friends and I plan to watch and make fun of E3.

Sounds good. I don't have work tomorrow so I'll be available to react in all caps for most of the day.

Top Bottom