• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 2-8 | The Final Kountdown

Busaiku

I think people that care about the stories in Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are generally more entrenched in fighting games than fans of stories of other fighting games.
Probably cause the franchises are so niche as is.

I have zero recollection of that, anyhow. I've definitely talked quite a bit about Tekken, but I have also explained my reasonings. I would like to think that Sayah, who has argued with me about Tekken more than anyone else, would agree. I don't think I've ever posted something like "LOL Tekken" or "Tekken fucking sucks". With its current tournament status, I actually feel some pity for it.

Second time you've done this. What does Tekken turnout have anything to do with your opinion of it as a game?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think people that care about the stories in Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are generally more entrenched in fighting games than fans of stories of other fighting games.
Probably cause the franchises are so niche as is.

I think it helps that the developer of those games cares more about the story than most other fighting game developers.

kirblar

bomb is so good
Feels like the pushback on the non-EX version might get nerfed in the future, lol.

It's amazing how much having the EX reversal and other Ultra changes really help him. He's actually playing like the Rey Mysterio luchador trope he's supposed to be.
So is Fuerte top tier now or something? Been seeing him a lot since Ultra hit.
It really feels like he's out of the D/C-tier now. The Q-bomb change was console only, so we'll have to wait and see where he ends up.

Second time you've done this. What does Tekken turnout have anything to do with your opinion of it as a game?
I'm not sure if you understand how topic changing works, but you brought up my relationship with Tekken, not me. I don't really feel passionate about talking about the game in general. I'm only talking about it as long as you do.

Anyway, I generally feel as though it's rather rude to kick something while it's down. Tekken has had some competitive problems recently, especially its almost exclusion from Evo this year. Regardless of the game's quality, that makes me inclined to be less harsh toward the game. Perhaps that does not make sense to you, but that is my explanation of myself. I would love to see Tekken 7 (or TTT3, or even TxSF) restore the game to a more popular place in gaming. More people playing fighting games is better for us all.

On that note, I am curious about TxSF, and what Harada will do about fireballs. They're obviously a core aspect of Street Fighter, and it would be, I think, poor of him to create a game where fireballs are "Tekken status" in general usability. Perhaps we will see an interesting new approach to 3D fighters.

I'm not sure if you understand how topic changing works, but you brought up my relationship with Tekken, not me. I don't really feel passionate about talking about the game in general. I'm only talking about it as long as you do.

Anyway, I generally feel as though it's rather rude to kick something while it's down. Tekken has had some competitive problems recently, especially its almost exclusion from Evo this year. Regardless of the game's quality, that makes me inclined to be less harsh toward the game. Perhaps that does not make sense to you, but that is my explanation of myself. .

uh huh. I would totally believe you if that thread derail that I mentioned earlier, happened before the evo games were announced.

It is like the whole Ryu/Roo thing. A lot of people use De-Kap-Pray, but I believe the correct Japanese pronunciation is De - Kap - uh
The name is Russian, though. So what would a Japanese pronunciation matter here?

uh huh. I would totally believe you if that thread derail that I mentioned earlier, happened before the evo games were announced.
I'm not out to convince you, so your disbelief is okay by me. I can't argue against nothing. Hate on.

TheChits

This match is fantastic
KuGsj.gif

alstein

Well then you should have put out a generic arcade stick sans game specific branding.

Pretty sure companies pay to get the branding on the stick. Whether that lowers the cost of the stick or not I don't know. I'd prefer an unbranded stick myself, but it's not gonna happen.

Does anyone know if those Korean stick parts work with Qanbas?

Top Bottom