• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 25-31 | 12k matches & excelling at other things in life

sleepykyo

How is Ingrid that high up?

edit:

Boy, Japan really loves them some Karin

karin.gif

Outside of Ryu, top 5 is dominated by blond(/platinum blond) females.

Nyoro SF

The JPN placings are so much more interesting than those of the US. I mean seriously, Ryu, Ken, Akuma and then Chun (who isn't that bad but is seriously overexposed)? Damn that list is drier than Ryu's feet.

Yeah. I was disappointed when I was at the panel and saw the list. Guess people haven't gotten tired of those chars.

But I think it's funny that Honda and Balrog are so far down... lol

Rufus bottom 5 in both, good shit. Hopefully we never see him again.

I'm actually surprised at how low Maki is on both the World and Japanese lists. I thought everyone loved her...

What's weirder than seeing one character I don't care that much (Ryu) for on top of US and World, is seeing someone I care even less for on top of him in Japan (Karin).

Also, I didn't even know there was apparently high enough a demand for R Mika for her to be placed as she did

Joshi fans are serious, dude.

The JPN placings are so much more interesting than those of the US. I mean seriously, Ryu, Ken, Akuma and then Chun (who isn't that bad but is seriously overexposed)? Damn that list is drier than Ryu's feet.

As much as I like to tease Karin fans, I have to agree - the top rankings in Japan's list are at least more varied than the other lists, which are pretty predictable. But they probably voted for the characters that they actually like or enjoy playing with, which seems more sensible to me. I mean, I know the consensus in the thread was that this poll would probably determine which characters made it into SFV, but Capcom never actually said that outright - and making assumptions about Capcom's thought process causes nothing but disappointment.

I feel bad for some of the users in the comment section, though - they seem really bummed out.

Rufus bottom 5 in both, good shit. Hopefully we never see him again.

I'm actually surprised at how low Maki is on both the World and Japanese lists. I thought everyone loved her...

She doesn't have enough ringlets to be popular.

Seriously though, maybe not a lot of people know about her? She's more of a Final Fight character, and she hasn't made as many cameos or guest appearances as Hugo, Poison, Guy, Cody et al. She's like, two steps above Carlos.

Beckx

What's great about the poll is that the bottom part of the lists really are terrible. There is hope, after all.

Poor Fei Long, my main man down so far. It's 2013, time to leave the 70s behind, time for Capcom to give us a new kung fu god. Let Bruce Lee give way to Jet Li.

Nyoro SF

What's great about the poll is that the bottom part of the lists really are terrible. There is hope, after all.

Poor Fei Long, my main man down so far. It's 2013, time to leave the 70s behind, time for Capcom to give us a new kung fu god. Let Bruce Lee give way to Jet Li.

Eh? He leads the middle of the pack in global rankings. That's really good IMO for a character I thought wasn't popular at all.

Beckx

Eh? He leads the middle of the pack in global rankings. That's really good IMO for a character I thought wasn't popular at all.

Middle of the pack is bad, IMO. Like being the 6th favorite Belmont. He's below some really...interesting...choices.

Tizoc

Ingrid is popular in Japan far as I know, she looks like an idol and your generic young anime teen girl.

...but holy shit at Q's position, really happy to see so many fans of the character.

Nyoro SF

Middle of the pack is bad, IMO. Like being the 6th favorite Belmont. He's below some really...interesting...choices.

Leads the middle of the pack. He's 25th out of 68 choices. Scratching the bottom of the top rank IMO is a good look for a character I previously thought was going to be bottom 10. He's ranked higher than Guy... lol

Nyoro SF

Karin is a very fun character to play. I encourage people to try her out in Alpha 3 using whatever means are available to them. Even dicking around in single player is fine, yes. :p

Exr

never tried Karin much since I was more of an Alpha 2 guy. She was a character that had rekkas and counters right? Pressure character?

never tried Karin much since I was more of an Alpha 2 guy. She was a character that had rekkas and counters right?

Yeah, that's the one.

Pressure character?

Kinda. A lot of her special moves are actually unsafe on their own, but her rekkas had lots of branches for them that could cover a bad reaction, and some of them were decent with the right kind of spacing. Coupled with her awesome normals and supers and that command throw of hers, she had a little bit of everything. I'd consider her a zoning character myself, but that's just how I used her.

Yep. And filthy rich with a house on the moon.

wat

Karin is like a non-braindead version of Fei Long

but she's also a pretty schoolgirl in a skirt, so that's about 90% of where her popularity compromises

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I tuned into a random LoL stream, the most viewed channel on Twitch ATM and the chat is moving at the speed an FGC stream does when there are 50 people in it, not 20k. Are FGC streams the only ones where the chat is always bananas and running at light speed? Even speedrun stream chats usually aren't that active either.

Dahbomb

So I tuned into a random LoL stream, the most viewed channel on Twitch ATM and the chat is moving at the speed an FGC stream does when there are 50 people in it, not 20k. Are FGC streams the only ones where the chat is always bananas and running at light speed? Even speedrun stream chats usually aren't that active either.
FGC stream chats have way more trolls and random chat spam. You can have a 100K Dota 2 match going on and there won't be that as much spam as random hype moment on NLBC.

Although things get absurd when Dendi does a godlike play. You see stream chat spamming his face or "OPA DENDI". Navi dick riders are too stronk..

I know the Moon Resort for Karin has been mentioned before CFJ came out but I can't quite remember. May have been a Secret File or Manga or something along those lines.

Oh, that's one of the endings from CFJ, right?

CFJ endings. Such a tease. Worse offenders being Ryu & Jedah. So time for the Capcom vs Capcom, Capcom Fighting All-Stars or whatever it is they want to do.

At least Udon was nice enough to insert Yellow Iris into Felicia's ending.

So Karin is Bruce Wayne levels of rich huh

No. The Kanzuki Zaibatsu makes even The Lord of Prep Time look like a pauper.

Sounds rich enough buy her pets mansions.

Funny you mention that because this has happened. In a doujin of course. That kind.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52018734]If they brought over 2 new characters and 2 SFxT ports for AE 2014, according to popularity they should be Elena, Rolento, Karin and Q.[/QUOTE]
How different is Karin from Fei?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52019214]Very few of us like him, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Outside of Makoto, Dudley, and Alex, Sven, Necro, and Q are my favourite designs in 3s. Sucks that we got Yun and Yang who are lame, generic shits in AE.

Tizoc

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52019214]Very few of us like him, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

It and Urien are among the characters in my envisioned SvC game.

Top Bottom