• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 25-31 | 12k matches & excelling at other things in life

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe the mayor of earth should do something to help his boy out. The whole prison shit is stupid and makes me realize how dumb street fighter lore is.
SF lore is fine for what the characters are. SFIV's stuff is nonsense though, especially if you take into account Bison/Juri/Seth/Abel ending shenanigans.

I'd like SFV to have updated aesthetic designs though, new-age versions of all the characters. Reinterpret some of the iconic designs otherwise. And of course include the original models as unlockable alts because people will be up in arms no matter what if they do so.

Maybe even updated for the times. Ryu still has to be a travelling hobo though.

kirblar

SF lore is fine for what the characters are. SFIV's stuff is nonsense though, especially if you take into account Bison/Juri/Seth/Abel ending shenanigans.

I'd like SFV to have updated aesthetic designs though, new-age versions of all the characters. Reinterpret some of the iconic designs otherwise. And of course include the original models as unlockable alts because people will be up in arms no matter what if they do so.
I'd really like for SF5's character select screen to start with the cursors on an (older, but not too much older) Sean/Sakura.

Maybe the mayor of earth should do something to help his boy out. The whole prison shit is stupid and makes me realize how dumb street fighter lore is.

That whole Cody thing would make a hell of a lot more sense if Revenge and Streetwise were actually canon. Revenge being why and Streetwise being freedom. But canonically though he hasn't been locked up that long. I think given the info it's been about 3-4 years give or take. And even canon doesn't state when he gets out if ever.

Well SF4 is an interquel and as such is nothing but a lead in to SF3 especially dealing with those 4 and the whole Illuminati thing. And the thing is SF3 doesn't really need the lead in to be quite honest.

And given the fact the SF4 poses more questions then maybe it sought to answer. Mainly thoughts about Remy's possible link to Abel & the Illuminati and how C. Viper just may make Captain Commando fit into canon somehow.

All we do know is somebody took down Shadoloo but nobody to canonically take credit for it. For logic's sake we'll give the W to Guile & Chun-Li and Charlie can rest in peace.

Story of Street Fighter...YOU CRAY!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'd really like for SF5's character select screen to start with the cursors on an (older, but not too much older) Sean/Sakura.
I will cosign Sakura but not Sean. When I look at Sean I think WTF were they thinking when they designed him? Almost as bad as Dee Jay, but Dee Jay is so comical and ridiculous, it almost works.

Well SF4 is an interquel and as such is nothing but a lead in to SF3 especially dealing with those 4 and the whole Illuminati thing. And the thing is SF3 doesn't really need the lead in to be quite honest.

And given the fact the SF4 poses more questions then maybe it sought to answer. Mainly thoughts about Remy's possible link to Abel & the Illuminati and how C. Viper just may make Captain Commando fit into canon somehow.

All we do know is somebody took down Shadoloo but nobody to canonically take credit for it. For logic's sake we'll give the W to Guile & Chun-Li and Charlie can rest in peace.

Story of Street Fighter...YOU CRAY!
More evidence SF3 ruins the SF series.

SFV needs to take place after SFIV. Updated looks (don't need to justify), Shadowloo is being rebuilt with new recruits because he invested in both Google and Apple many years ago and decides to cash out. Bison assembles 4 5 V new kings/queens to gain social control of V continents. Sakura graduates and goes travelling the world with Ryu with a strictly platonic relationship between them. They meet fighters new and old in their modern lives and eventually find out about Bisons nefarious plans. All this while Akuma Facebook creeps them all. Because Akuma.

More evidence SF3 ruins the SF series.

SF3 isn't SF3's fault. It happens to be a product of its time when most fighters were doing that weird ass timeskip thing at the same damn time.

SF3 is fine but it has to be understood that that story was and is Alex's. Nobody else really factors in majorly at all. The series honestly does a lot more character development than actually forward the plot any. Most of the characters are either just there for the sake of being there and it shows a lot. And the 2 characters who get the most development weren't even supposed to be there in the first place.

SFV needs to take place after SFIV. Updated looks (don't need to justify), Shadowloo is being rebuilt with new recruits because he invested in both Google and Apple many years ago and decides to cash out. Bison assembles 4 5 V new kings/queens to gain social control of V continents. Sakura graduates and goes travelling the world with Ryu with a strictly platonic relationship between them. They meet fighters new and old in their modern lives and eventually find out about Bisons nefarious plans. All this while Akuma Facebook creeps them all. Because Akuma.

This made me laugh but this is what the story needs. SF5 actually needs to do what SF3 should've done and put the story on a brand new character for real. Best candidate being Mel Masters and if not him somebody. The story needs a fresh set of eyes with callbacks but being something completely new and interesting. This won't happen because Capcom doesn't have the guts to do it. And SF4 was proof of that. Most people don't come to fighters for the plot but for those who do we'd like a coherent one to follow.

sleepykyo

Cody checks in and out whenever he wants. Cody is basically a subversion of Ryu, imprisoned because he couldn't stop fighting after the villains stopped appearing.

Man, anyone thinks that Street Fighter game design has anything to do with story is nuts. They'll come up with all the designs and gameplay, then drop in a couple lines of text afterwards. That's not gonna change.

You're not gonna play SF5 and have Remy's tearful reunion with Guile after a lifetime of not knowing his father. Or Makoto becoming the new Ryu wandering up and down the coast destroying dojos and searching for deeper meaning in her life. Or Rose becoming the new Akuma after trying to suck out the dark hadou with her psychic powers. Or Urien becoming the CEO of a talent agency and changing the world with an explosive new brand of entertainment. Or the reveal that Q is actually Vega after a decade of failed experimentation at the hands of Bipson, his mask hiding the ugliness where it once protected his beauty.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52049298]Man, anyone thinks that Street Fighter game design has anything to do with story is nuts. They'll come up with all the designs and gameplay, then drop in a couple lines of text afterwards. That's not gonna change.[/QUOTE]
whoareyoutalkingto.gif

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52049877]People that want Sean back.[/QUOTE]
I just think we'll eventually see him again because he's essentially a palette swap and thus easy to add into a game.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
29_fightinggamerenders06.jpg

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52049298]Man, anyone thinks that Street Fighter game design has anything to do with story is nuts. They'll come up with all the designs and gameplay, then drop in a couple lines of text afterwards. That's not gonna change.

You're not gonna play SF5 and have Remy's tearful reunion with Guile after a lifetime of not knowing his father. Or Makoto becoming the new Ryu wandering up and down the coast destroying dojos and searching for deeper meaning in her life. Or Rose becoming the new Akuma after trying to suck out the dark hadou with her psychic powers. Or Urien becoming the CEO of a talent agency and changing the world with an explosive new brand of entertainment. Or the reveal that Q is actually Vega after a decade of failed experimentation at the hands of Bipson, his mask hiding the ugliness where it once protected his beauty.[/QUOTE]
This would actually be pretty awesome.

sleepykyo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52049298]
You're not gonna play SF5 and have Remy's tearful reunion with Guile after a lifetime of not knowing his father.[/QUOTE]

This was the only one I thought of back during SF3 days. But I'm pretty sure Guile left behind a wife and daughter (though it could have been a hippie son).

Frantic

Triforce is signing up for a GAF account right now because of this post.

I still maintain that if Triforce got a GAF account he'd get faster than the Gunblade clones.
That was during Cross Assault, wasn't it?

And Triforce is STILL going on about this, except now he's talking about Bleach, and he can't even spell the characters names right.

I don't know why I'm fascinated by this.

Top Bottom