• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does it look like an Xbox?
Yeah, this model:

Tigatron_R.jpg

Kimosabae

Banned
Uhh… never pretended to know a thing about Marvel 2. This is all new to me.

I only played it casually and mashed with Cable/Megaman/___

Dahbomb

I only played it casually and mashed with Cable/Megaman/___
Guard breaks are generally an exploit in the game on incoming characters. A lot of characters can do it.

Iron Man has an infinite that he can use to kill characters and then guard break the incoming character into another infinite. Similar to Zero only his incoming set up is guaranteed where as Zero's set up is a series of very hard to block mix ups.

Kimosabae

Banned
Guard breaks are generally an exploit in the game on incoming characters. A lot of characters can do it.

Iron Man has an infinite that he can use to kill characters and then guard break the incoming character into another infinite. Similar to Zero only his incoming set up is guaranteed where as Zero's set up is a series of very hard to block mix ups.

Yeah, I know about the IM infinite. I know some things from watching matches over the years. I'd imagine such an easy GB setup would be old, but I'd never seen it anywhere before. Caught me off guard.

My friends thought I was cheap because I mashed Fierce PunchxxHVB. I wish I would've know about that GB!

gutabo

Yes, but there are not real infinites in the game because if you do an "infinite" for more than 45-50 hits the opponent will get an "undizzy" animation, efectively escaping the infinite. That's why you either get a nice combo into an infinite and then go into a DHC or into a reset or a snapback. Of course there are some real infinites in the game involving repeating specials(which don't add into the undizzy counter) but they are (mostly) not practical at all.

Oh ok, I'm sorry if I came out as dickish.

Dahbomb

Yeah I know about the "pseudo-infinites". In IM's case though he generally kills if he touches you, his Proton Cannon does so much damage in this game.

gutabo

FIRST TO 5 GRAND FINALS - SANFORD VS JOSH360!!!

EDIT:
Yeah I know about the "pseudo-infinites". In IM's case though he generally kills if he touches you, his Proton Cannon does so much damage in this game.

Yes, I just wanted to point out what I said because we caught Ironman getting a direct infinite from a raw tag and yipes clearly said "the infinite won't kill" even when josh 360 went into proton cannon and it didn't kill cable(who has average life). And resets are a direct consequence of not having real infinites. Just wanted to round that to people that might not know it.

Dahbomb

Well people bitch about anything. Although in MVC3's case if you react wrong/guess wrong on a mix up that usually means a dead character where as in MVC2 in most cases you just lose a chunk of your health.

That said I find some of the mix ups in MVC2 are insanely hard to block. Between the fast tri dashes, the faster overheads/lows, the faster turn rates.... if you get put in block stun for anything over a second you are getting opened up against a competent player. And this isn't even incoming mix up, this is just hard knockdown right into a set of drones then Storm just high/lowing you.

And MVC3 has some unblockable set ups too thanks to Firebrand and Viper. They are only guaranteed through one assist though (Skrull Tenderizer) or on certain characters who have 0 incoming options.

Kimosabae

Banned
FChamp working Combofiend hard.

Welcome to FGTV son.

Look on Peter's face says it all: "You know I'd body your little ass if I didn't have a real job to worry about".

Combo bout to go full-steam-ahead with those new Marvel patch notes he scribbled on a napkin at home, come Monday.

Kimosabae

Banned
C'mon, don't be daft. What, did you think he's there to visit friends and play video games? Combo's a business man now he's clearly doing research.

Look how Ray-Ray-clean he's looking. The patch is coming, brehs

Dahbomb

C'mon, don't be daft. What, did you think he's there to visit friends and play video games? Combo's a business man now he's clearly doing research.

Look how Ray-Ray-clean he's looking. The patch is coming, brehs
That's what I am talking about.

Combofiend's salt over Dr Doom basically confirms he is getting nerfed hardcore and rightfully so. Combo thinks Doom is best character in the game.

She Hulk/Sentinel/Dante? Oh shit that team is gonna be top tier in Uncanny edition!

Neoxon

Apparently old sticks don't work on the PS4 version of Injustice. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, we should probably rally to get a patch going.

Zissou

That's what I am talking about.

Combofiend's salt over Dr Doom basically confirms he is getting nerfed hardcore and rightfully so. Combo thinks Doom is best character in the game.

She Hulk/Sentinel/Dante? Oh shit that team is gonna be top tier in Uncanny edition!

I would be salty if Doom got crazy nerfed because Combo is pringles to footdives.
we all know marvel ain't gettin' patched

Just spent the last two hours messing around with my new PS4. I love it so far. I also love the new controller. Looks like it's time to put the sticks away in storage. The DS4 will be my main controller for future fighting games on PS4.

Westlo

Assuming red focus is treated the same as focus attacks for damage scaling...won't that mean the damage is worse than just going into a super anyway? Ryu hit confirming into it for instance...

c.lp 30
c.lp 30
c.mk 48
super 210
total 318

c.lp 30
c.lp 30
c.mk 48
red focus level 1 - 36
ultra 1 maxed - 148
total 292

345 with maxed ultra 2

Or did I fuck up the scaling? ultras and FA count for two moves.

USD

3rd TOPANGA LEAGUE (A) ROUND 8

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv152344965 - Free period over.

sako (Evil Ryu) vs. Dashio (Seth)
4-7 ☆ ●●●○●○●○●●
Kazunoko (Yun) vs. Uryo (C.Viper, Sakura)
7-2 ☆ ○○○●○●○○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Dashio (Seth)
9-10 ☆ ●○●○●○○●○●●|○●○●●○●
Uryo (Sakura) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long)
7-0 ☆ ○○○○○○
Kazunoko (Yun) vs. sako (Evil Ryu)
7-4 ☆ ○○○●●○○●●○

USD

Assuming red focus is treated the same as focus attacks for damage scaling...won't that mean the damage is worse than just going into a super anyway? Ryu hit confirming into it for instance...

c.lp 30
c.lp 30
c.mk 48
super 210
total 318

c.lp 30
c.lp 30
c.mk 48
red focus level 1 - 36
ultra 1 maxed - 148
total 292

345 with maxed ultra 2

Or did I fuck up the scaling? ultras and FA count for two moves.

Ryu has a ton of ways to confirm into UC1, EX Red Focus will at least benefit some characters who don't. I do think its use will limited though, definitely not worthwhile for longer combos.

Top Bottom