• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 7-13 | Sharing magical moments in cyberspace

Welp, almost had a comeback there but I got fucked over by Strider's Xfactor running out midcombo -.-

I'm annoyed that I only got paired up with people from this area, at least in the Chris G bracket I would've been facing all new people :|

Well at least I got 4th in P4A today (and let's just forget my complete anhilation in Blazblue).

Also, I just want to say that my team's banner is the best, fuck everyone else.

tumblr_muktcsaoV11qhhv13o1_500.jpg

dtg

Neo Member
AE gets me heated so fast. I don't know how people don't throw shit more at tournaments. I have to move almost all the throwable things away from my desk before I start playing.

K.Sabot

AE gets me heated so fast. I don't know how people don't throw shit more at tournaments. I have to move almost all the throwable things away from my desk before I start playing.

I'm like this, but I found out that all of my anger is actually from online and not the game itself.

I was like that when playing rank during SF4 to early SSF4 but I overcame it with the power of love!! I mean apathy.

Dahbomb

This Karter guy is one to watch. Plays Vergil/Wolverine/Wesker, 3-0'd Angelic and just 3-0'd another guy.
This is a bonafide shit team. This guy would never win anything in the US. Its like that PRBalrog team of Wolverine/Spencer/Wesker but even worse. Not even the order is right.

JeTmAn81

This is a bonafide shit team. This guy would never win anything in the US. Its like that PRBalrog team of Wolverine/Spencer/Wesker but even worse. Not even the order is right.

I'm interested to see how he 3-0'ed Angelic with no neutral assists if he was indeed playing point Vergil.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Dark Souls 2 is the shit. I wish these games had some kind of offline PVP mode, because Dark Souls PVP is surprisingly legit for what it is, and Dark Souls 2 PVP seems like it's gonna be much improved.

dtg

Neo Member
Does Blade Symphony count as a fighting game? This guy is playing it on twitch and I totally forgot about it. It's pretty fun too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All of talk about Japanese gods whenever AE is on stream.

If we had to choose U.S guys, who would you put on the list? They would have to play multiple games and excel in them, and not just recently released games.

I think Justin, Valle, Combofiend, Ricky and Chris G would be the 5 U.S Gods. Art is a runner up along with Hsien Chang.

Everybody knows Justin's creds, Valle was actually Tekken Tag National Champion at one point and is good with many games, Combofiend would be the Nuki on the list, very dominate and high level in his prime days but is now regulated to community type person, Ricky and both Chris G speaks for themselves.

If we had to choose U.S guys, who would you put on the list? They would have to play multiple games and excel in them, and not just recently released games.

I think Justin, Valle, Combofiend, Ricky and Chris G would be the 5 U.S Gods. Art is a runner up along with Hsien Chang.

Everybody knows Justin's creds, Valle was actually Tekken Tag National Champion at one point and is good with many games, Combofiend would be the Nuki on the list, very dominate and high level in his prime days but is now regulated to community type person, Ricky and both Chris G speaks for themselves.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/80651/5-gods-of-u-s-street-fighter-pyramid/p1

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
John Choi has to count. He has won EVO vs Nuki in ST and BAS in CVS2 all in the same EVO. That has to be godlike.

In fact I think that is the most dominant American performance at any EVO to date.

The pyramid of Japanese 5 gods is just a Vampire Savior thing. So the closest western equivalent would be people talking about the 5 gods of UMvC3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't load SRK for some reason. Downforeveryoneorjustme says it's just me, though it does give some response, just doesn't load the page.

casperOne

Watching the NYCC stream for Killer Instinct, it seems that the game will favor, to some degree, button mashers.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing; the FGC is always talking about not being welcoming to newcomers, perhaps this will be more well-received than previous (and even similar in some respects) mechanisms.

Clawww

I wonder if a game like KI or something else in the future will bring on a new, more mainstream and casual era of fighting game popularity.

I think of the difference between and respective present-day popularity of, say, Quake and Modern Warfare; could something like that happen with fighters?

Dahbomb

Watching the NYCC stream for Killer Instinct, it seems that the game will favor, to some degree, button mashers.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing; the FGC is always talking about not being welcoming to newcomers, perhaps this will be more well-received than previous (and even similar in some respects) mechanisms.
Good players will eventually beat out mashers. It remains to be seen how beginner friendly or unfriendly the game is.

casperOne

Good players will eventually beat out mashers. It remains to be seen how beginner friendly or unfriendly the game is.

Of course, it's how any game should be.

But if it puts the masher in that sweet spot where they don't feel dejected, that they just need to learn a little more, then the game could be a very good thing for the community.

leakey

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";85900474]My internet is slightly better now! Someone help me test it on AE PC![/QUOTE]

GFWL/XBL: Leakey88

Dahbomb

They still haven't announced the UMVC3 invitations.

Watch it be like Xian and Tokido for the international spots because then Capcom won't have to pay for extra tickets.

Top Bottom