• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final EVO 2016 Entrants numbers and Scheduled finals lineup

My guess, most of the 3D games are dead & Tekken 7 has yet to hit consoles. One would hope that Tekken 7 would make its way to a Sunday slot next year. So yeah, Tekken 7 is probably the best candidate to switch with Marvel next year.

doesn't stop marvel

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I mean, Marvel seems to be down for it. The problem is on Capcom's end, not just from a financial standpoint, but also from the standpoint of if they're willing to go along with Marvel's current wishes for their side of the roster to do it (which may piss off the FGC). Also, wouldn't Capcom USA be the ones doing the negotiations with Marvel Entertainment, since it's that side of Capcom that seems to be covering the fighting game side of things for the company (aside from development, of course)?

But if it is happening & coming out in 2019, it would make for a super-hype EVO 2017 announcement.

All I want is Mahvel 4 Ryota Niitsuma + old team + new heads & of course Peter!!! Would truly be orgasmic.

Black Panther, Mags, Iron Man

Star Lord, Doom, Thanos

😧

Neoxon

doesn't stop marvel
I meant more dead than Marvel, & at least UMvC3 is barely hanging in there (the change from last year's numbers as far as entrants go is very minor, if I recall correctly). And again, the only 3D fighting game with any life in it (Tekken 7) has yet to hit consoles. Once it does, I'm pretty sure that it'll be the top choice to take a Sunday slot if they do decide to move UMvC3 to Saturday in 2017.

All I want is Mahvel 4 Ryota Niitsuma + old team + new heads & of course Peter!!! Would truly be orgasmic.

Black Panther, Mags, Iron Man

Star Lord, Doom, Thanos

��
When I said that Capcom would have to make sacrifices for "Marvel's current wishes for their side of the roster to do it (which may piss off the FGC)", I was referring to the loss of characters like Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, & Doctor Doom. Plus I'm not sure if Niitsuma would come back (not to mention that Neo_G is now with SNK).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's not out, yet.

If games which are out only count then i'm surprised to see Tekken: FR on the list, especially since the game won't come out before early 2017 in NA. I know it's out in JP and Korea but still pretty surprised.

KOF is out in august, they must be very close to finish so a near finished build would have been cool. Would have been great promotion for the game to have it at the biggest fighting game event of the year but i guess they don't really care.

Neoxon

If games which are out only count then i'm surprised to see Tekken: FR on the list, especially since the game won't come out before early 2017 in NA. I know it's out in JP and Korea but still pretty surprised.

KOF is out in august, they must be very close to finish so a near finished build would have been cool. Would have been great promotion for the game to have it at the biggest fighting game event of the year but i guess they don't really care.
At least Tekken 7 has an arcade version out in Japan & South Korea. The same can't be said for KoFXIV.

Top Bottom