• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaMac

Ultros is really pissing me off. Haven't even got Typhon down yet...

I definitely have the tools to do it, but things seem to keep going against me. Is there something that triggers toxic rain? He keeps debuffing all then wiping them out every second turn. I eagerly await Typhoon buffing himself so I can recover. I switched to doing a 6 man party and still the same result.

Visceir

Hard skipped hard on Brave Frontier banners on JP but will probably go broke and drop all my (meager 9k lapis) on the banner on GL.

With 3 golds on banner and only one of them being useful it's a really bad banner to pull on, but ...eh fuck it. I'm gonna need bonus units for the event and I'll do it for the sake of having different things on GL.

Tilith's a good healer to have and they'll be buffing Vargas.

Also -- yay Ace enhancements! It's a shame that Ace and Fryevia don't play together very well, will still make my main priority enhancing him though, very useful unit to have.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That carnage from earlier on Reddit is really something.

The guy that took over macros from Pwnology, McGillby, knew the ban was coming for self-promotion and scorched earth literally everything macro related on his way out the door.

Will be interesting to see if someone picks up the slack in the newly created void, as he nuked it all from Reddit (although for now, you can still download the macros off his own website).

I'm in the field of good riddance. Macros for nearly everything was too much. Alongside the carry thread that become a massive crutch for a lot of players.

Of course, I think I was one of the few here who made his who macros. So my stock has risen.

Guess who is going to have a bunch of pots, cacturs, and more ready for Tilith. Got 150k coins saved now, more to come. So her and Maxwell will be....Maxwell.

Also excited for the confirmation on WoL 6*. So got to save up some for him too. Basically in the span of this month, Cecil, Refia, and Luneth will be leaving the main party. Q_Q. Cecil has been with me since October, Refia and Luneth since Nov 4th. Have to poor one out for the homies.

Rixa

I'm in the field of good riddance. Macros for nearly everything was too much. Alongside the carry thread that become a massive crutch for a lot of players.

Of course, I think I was one of the few here who made his who macros. So my stock has risen.

Guess who is going to have a bunch of pots, cacturs, and more ready for Tilith. Got 150k coins saved now, more to come. So her and Maxwell will be....Maxwell.

Also excited for the confirmation on WoL 6*.

Iam using one Macro, when ever I use it. Its this frep "macro". Just push those 6 places mentioned and finetune frep and thats it.

MacroFFbe.PNG

sasuke_91

How do you guys choose your units? I never dived too deep into the meta of this game and only play "for fun" until I run out of energy. I'm not even that far into the story (Zoldaad) and only have 3 espers.
I got Fryevia some time ago and noticed how I want to look into making the best out of the game now.

I'm running the following team:

Fryevia (Fryevia's Needle equipped)
Cecil
Firion
Refia (no Dual Cast though)
Exdeath

All of them are 6* by the way.

According to this list I also have the following "top tier" units:

Amelia (recently pulled her 4* version)
Setzer (4*)
Y'shtola (6* max lvl)
Luka (4*)
Marie (5*)
I also have most of the units that are listed below as A tier.
Is this list good? Do tiers really matter in this game or is it more about team synergy? Should I swap out any of my units or am I good? The team above is basically my team for everything and I don't know how to choose Arena teams and whatnot...
I've started playing this game when it came out, but I notice more and more that I'm pretty much clueless.

Visceir

How do you guys choose your units? I never dived too deep into the meta of this game and only play "for fun" until I run out of energy. I'm not even that far into the story (Zoldaad) and only have 3 espers.
I got Fryevia some time ago and noticed how I want to look into making the best out of the game now.

For Moogle King events as many bonus units as possible+carry unit.
For story events whatever carry units I need+lockes.
For trials...that'll depend entirely on the trials.
For regular story...my TM team+carry unit.

It'd probably be a good idea to focus on making one of your units as powerful as possible so that you could use that unit to "carry you" through most of the content. Having Fryevia+Fryevia friend can prob cover most of your damage dealing needs.

Xion86

Daily pull today was Ilias! Actually got a decent Daily and a banner unit, impressed.

Going to carry on with The Gathering now, I'm up to When Fates Cross (still enjoying these!)

Some of these Gathering missions really aren't working for me. Like some that start with LB kills, I just can't get my LB by then. Getting most of the Giancrysts I can though and all abilities and gear.

Daily pull was trash again. I'm probably gonna just pass on this banner for now since my luck has been awful.

Haven't had any issues with LB kills (yet) as they have usually been a couple of missions in when my LB bar is usually full. There was one time it was quite early on and the first round I just did normal attack with everyone which brought one persons LB straight up. I usually do normal attack on all rounds unless I need to do a specific spell or Esper.

Edit: Ah the first battle mission of When Fates Cross has you needing to perform two limit bursts. I was able to get two up at the end of the second round by quickly doing normal attack with everyone in the first and second rounds which built it up very quickly.

kaNYDW6l.png

Just checked my TM units...So close...(just have the one so getting to 100%).

My others I'm going for are one more Bracer and my first Twenty-sided Die. Think I'll farm some HP TMs after.

sasuke_91

For Moogle King events as many bonus units as possible+carry unit.
For story events whatever carry units I need+lockes.
For trials...that'll depend entirely on the trials.
For regular story...my TM team+carry unit.

It'd probably be a good idea to focus on making one of your units as powerful as possible so that you could use that unit to "carry you" through most of the content. Having Fryevia+Fryevia friend can prob cover most of your damage dealing needs.

Thanks. Yeah, double Fryevia or Fryevia + Orlandeau do some pretty great damage. That's also the reason I manage to complete the ELT March on Titan quest.
TM team for story is a good idea. I have quite a few units I have to max TM.

Kouriozan

Yep, they day finally came where Firion will be my strongest DPS (in a few day when Champion Belt 2 will be done)

My Goddess Tilith I had so much hard time to get will finally be in the spotlight!

Reminder :

Also, I wasted everything I had for Tilith, god she was hard to pull. (30 tickets and 15,000 Lapis)
Gumi has to give me a rainbow, I deserve it!

Kouriozan

By the way, I was right :p

Looks like Gumi saw my guess and decided to switch up both event lol
So, this week FF XIV raid, next week probably Mog King so Brave Frontier? (June 9)
Then first story event June 16 to coincide with enhancement batch 3 (that will include Elza, perfect since it's week 2 of Brave Frontier), and we'll be 11 days away from the anniversary!

And still no 6* WoL

Fine by me, I have waited for the first story event for so long.

Valentus

So next week we are getting a banner of.... 2 rainbows and 3 golds? LMAO

Of enhacements coming:

Ace: No brainer
Cloud of Darkness: you can skip
Firion: No brainer
Jake: lmao
Karl: lmao x2
Seria: LMAO X3
Elza: No brainer (even we dont know them yet, but is kinda obvious how it will be like)

Damn this batch of enhancements is really something. My guy Firion, Ace, CoD!

Also thinking I may pull on this banner. Never did when it first released and I'd love a chance to get Tilith. Tho I imagine this will be a bloodbath.

Was Maxwell only available as an event reward? Or on the banner? So if an event reward, that means they're bringing back the event I imagine.

Alkez

Well, lots of news today:

• I don't really play EA games but I'm always hoping for Need For Speed Underground 3 lmao. One year it will happen
  • I think we all expected BF so no real surprises there
  • Not bad enhancements. Will do Firion's
  • Any tennis fans here? French Open Men's final going to start in a bit. Think it's Nadal's to lose but Stan is such a maverick, can beat anyone on his day
  • Looking forward to more E3 today

Hrmmmm Vargas may be okay now with his global exclusives. If he has a timeframe of no Elza on banner with him I will probably chase him. Still no one I want to enhance. Maybe Ace or Elza if hers are good. Up to 400k raid coins now. Will probably get to 600kish by the end. Fml. Also the tennis question. No Fed...no watch.

Not even remotely excited for these enhancements. Maybe Firion, but I have Olive. I also hate how it's only once a month.

Seeing how WoL is not coming for at least another 2 weeks, expect Ramza Enhancements in September at this rate. Possibly even next year anniversary.

WoL won't even have Enhancements either, ugh. Him becoming great is a long long ways off, considering how long they delayed his 6*.

What are you doing Gumi?

At least Tilith is finally getting her 6*. Does she replace my Refia and/or Rem, or is this another semi-useless 6* for me?

Makes me sad. :(

Celegus

I'll probably pump up Firion, should be able to restock by the time the next person I want is up (bummer Luneth or DKC aren't up yet, has to be next batch right?). Gonna pass on the BF banner for sure, I'm just really hoping the Mobius crossover thing happens. Mobius WoL + old WoL on banner would be a dream come true since I don't have him yet and would make chasing the rainbow much more tolerable.
At least Tilith is finally getting her 6*. Does she replace my Refia and/or Rem, or is this another semi-useless 6* for me?

Makes me sad. :(

She will toss Refia straight into the dumpster, not sure about Rem since I've never used her.

Xion86

Is a Soluna Band worth farming to 100% at all? I only have one Cupid Artemios. Got no other single units I want to get to 100% as of now.

Rixa

She will toss Refia straight into the dumpster, not sure about Rem since I've never used her.

No she won't, reasons:

1. You need to pull her or have from last BF event
2. She needs to have HP materias or she is squishy (well healers are)
3. Most us have Refia
4. Refia will get her enhancements
5. I don't have Tilith but I do have fairly okish Refia ;)

Is a Soluna Band worth farming to 100% at all? I only have one Cupid Artemios. Got no other single units I want to get to 100% as of now.

Depends, Iam doing single CA very slowly.

Alkez

I think the one thing about Tilith before ReRaise becomes popular is she can either Raise or Heal, but she can never do both on the same turn. Refia also provides buffs.

Edit: obviously Tilith has a buff move but it being 2 turns isn't really practical imo

Tbh I don't see why they both can't be used. That's probably how I'm going to play it until Ramza gets his enhancements. Recently I've been using Yoshi and Refia and it works quite nicely for me. Gives me multiple options on my turns.

Up to 400k raid coins now. Will probably get to 600kish by the end. Fml. Also the tennis question. No Fed...no watch.

Hippo I swear you and I support the same people/teams in everything lol.

I'm up to 360k raid coins. Not looking forward to spending it all.

EDarkness

So next week we are getting a banner of.... 2 rainbows and 3 golds? LMAO

Of enhacements coming:

Ace: No brainer
Cloud of Darkness: you can skip
Firion: No brainer
Jake: lmao
Karl: lmao x2
Seria: LMAO X3
Elza: No brainer (even we dont know them yet, but is kinda obvious how it will be like)

What's wrong with CoD enhancements? That's the one I was looking forward to the most.

NomarTyme

I don't know If I want to go all in BF2 banner when FFX banner is around the corner. Fuck.

3 motherfucking gold in one banner? Cmon Gumi.

What's wrong with CoD enhancements? That's the one I was looking forward to the most.

It's Enhancements to barrage, man eater and Omni-veil (the ability that gives resistance).

Basically there are standard 6* that are stronger than CoD enhanced form, so considering the scarcity of crysts, for many it just isn't worth it.

That's how I take it anyways.

c-murph

Just checked my TM units...So close...(just have the one so getting to 100%).

My others I'm going for are one more Bracer and my first Twenty-sided Die. Think I'll farm some HP TMs after.

I just got that guy. Was debating on if I should farm his TM. I still got like 4 gafs to use up too. Was gunna do HP buffs next too after I finish off my current team (Shine No.5, Shine No.6, Guy No.1, Kefka No.1, Jack No.2). My next Jack can be farmed faster as I have four of him now, Same with Guy, I have another 4 more. Then there's Aramant. I got like 6 of him with one already at 5%. So, probably gunna do two of each and combine them for faster results. Aramant I could just make a party of 5. Then I have four 30% HP materias for my WoL.

Seeing how WoL is not coming for at least another 2 weeks, expect Ramza Enhancements in September at this rate. Possibly even next year anniversary.

I ok with Ramza not having enhancements... give me time to finally pull him. lol Also, so excite for Tilith 6*. She's gunna be the new MVP on my team for a bit.

Good news is, the old units will work for the Mog King event. So with Tilith and Maxwell, at 150% already. ^_^

Just made my day with this.

I also wonder, since newer players weren't around for BF event #1, do we have a chance at a second Maxwell, similar to the Arianna Grande events?

That would be awesome if so.

EDarkness

It's Enhancements to barrage, man eater and Omni-veil (the ability that gives resistance).

Basically there are standard 6* that are stronger than CoD enhanced form, so considering the scarcity of crysts, for many it just isn't worth it.

That's how I take it anyways.

Ah. I guess those abilities don't get any real benefit? That's a bummer...and another reason to leave that enhancement system alone.

Rixa

Good news is, the old units will work for the Mog King event. So with Tilith and Maxwell, at 150% already. ^_^

Oh yeah, forgot Maxwell too:

- Karl 75%
- Karl 75%
- Karl 75%
- Maxwell 100%

Finally fucking "easy" to get point event. Unless its stupid hard lol.
My Maxwell is going to be max leveled 5* maybe I do same for 1 Karl (all 3 are 4*).

across

Tilith + Maxwell will be 175%, unless Gumi changes their bonuses.

Which is good, since balls to pulling on this, the ultimate trap banner. I got my Tilith on my first and only daily pull back on BF1, so I'm just going to have to tough it out with 175+100.

Syntsui

RIP Refia. Also, my condolences to whoever doesn't have Tilith yet, pulling her will be like chasing Orlandu and I wish I was joking.

I remember talking about this the first time we had this event and how pulling her was mandatory if you wanted to keep your sanity. Even before the crystal change.

NomarTyme

Chilly will always be in our hearts and some body friends list....

RIP Refia. Also, my condolences to whoever doesn't have Tilith yet, pulling her will be like chasing Orlandu and I wish I was joking.

I remember talking about this the first time we had this event and how pulling her was mandatory if you wanted to keep your sanity. Even before the crystal change.

Woooo! :*(

EDarkness

I don't have Tilith and I doubt I'll get lucky enough to get her, so I'm sure I'm stuck with Refia and Y'shtola. I don't mind this, though. Can't always get what you want.

tuffymon

Just made my day with this.

I also wonder, since newer players weren't around for BF event #1, do we have a chance at a second Maxwell, similar to the Arianna Grande events?

That would be awesome if so.

My guess is only IF they add a new difficulty to the fight which Grande did. If it's the exact same battle with no changes, I doubt it.

Guys , I've asked before but I'm going to ask again, is Tilith really absolutely needed? Can some one explain why? What trials did she seem mandatory?

I don't like the way she looks, I don't like brave frontier, I don't like how she's apparently going to be so hard to pull for.

Can I just ignore her???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom