• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Guys , I've asked before but I'm going to ask again, is Tilith really absolutely needed? Can some one explain why? What trials did she seem mandatory?

I don't like the way she looks, I don't like brave frontier, I don't like how she's apparently going to be so hard to pull for.

Can I just ignore her???

I don't think anyone is 100% necessary, and even if she is the irreplaceable MVP for a certain fight there's always friend units if you can provide enough damage on your own.

Syntsui

Guys , I've asked before but I'm going to ask again, is Tilith really absolutely needed? Can some one explain why? What trials did she seem mandatory?

I don't like the way she looks, I don't like brave frontier, I don't like how she's apparently going to be so hard to pull for.

Can I just ignore her???

She is the best healer in the game and she is a limited unit, if you don't get her you will never have the best healer in the game.

She will only be trumphed by a 5* named Ayaka in 24 months.

Damn all this talk about the banner has me questioning whether or not I should bother. I shouldnt have used my 4* ticket trying to get Amelia...

I also don't want to fall into the trap of "just one more pull" when I'm trying to save for the anniversary.

Tilith!!!

Rixa

Can I just ignore her???

Its almost easier to pull Rainbow than Tilith.

I have pulled one Rainbow during 2017. Not going to waste resources for chasing her.

Alkez

Can I just ignore her???

You can. The only thing I feel she is necessary for is the Robot because there is a no white magic challenge. But otherwise I think you can get by without her tbh.

Let's be real for a second, everyone loves to make a big deal about every top tier unit and JP strategy and claim that they're absolutely necessary. Last year people in this thread were saying we had to prepare for a double tank meta, it was the only viable team comp in the future and if you didn't run it you would fail everything. I have never in my BE life used double tank. I don't even have a second tank levelled up to use. And even if I did I don't even see a use for it.

In short just use what you want to use man. It's nice to get opinions and advice but people exaggerate everything. In specific challenges there are certainly some must have units, but for your general main team just run what you like. You can find a way to win regardless in this game.

EDarkness

This is a sobering thought.

You know, as I was typing the main message in that post, the Rolling Stones song jumped in my head and I ended up adding it at the end. Considering my luck with this game, I won't hold my breath getting her. I didn't get her or Elza last time and I doubt I'll get them this time. Gotta keep hope alive, though! Maybe we'll both get lucky. :)

Valentus

Can I just ignore her???

is a base 4 star unit that can:

- full aoe heal
- full aoe raise
- cure aoe 2500/50 HP/MP
- protect the party for enemy stat breaks
- cure all stats (except stone)

So no, you dont need her, but if you are f2p, your life will be x100 easy with her.

Lyrian

I wasn't that far off on enhancements with my logic. Not bad, I guess.

I guess Gumi really wants 6* Tilith and WoL to take Cecil and Refia behind the woodshed before releasing their enhancements. Still scratching my head about DKC. He really needs some love for those who have him.

Still waiting on the numbers about Elza. Disappointment about the lack of DH (after all she wields a gigantic scythe; how can she even DW with that?), but it makes sense if the direct they want to take her in is the "5* master of barrage" (sorry Queen) route.

Puzzling a bit over the high tide on her Madness Rush +2. She really didn't need it, but I guess it can't be a bad thing to practically able autofill her LB every single turn?

All in all, it's a plus for her. And not too much longer now until Spear Mastery arrives on Global.

Daily + 1: Cinque + Camille #5. Yup, Aqua blades are definitely in my future.

Lyrian

I'm in the field of good riddance. Macros for nearly everything was too much. Alongside the carry thread that become a massive crutch for a lot of players.

I always thought it was suspicious when McGillby arrived on the scene and immediately proclaimed that Pwnology's macros were all dangerous and that only his macros were the only safe ones. It was just another power grab for control of the macro community on Global.

On my potato of a backup laptop, I still use Pwnology's ultimate macros. Still works just fine and dandy for me, even to this day.

Good news is, the old units will work for the Mog King event. So with Tilith and Maxwell, at 150% already. ^_^

Nice. Can't argue with that at all.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Tilith isn't needed nearly as much as Refia was. Nor does Tilith completely replace Refia. Tilith is tied to a single cast, while DC allows Refia to be more responsive. I.E. She can heal and rez in the same turn. Tilith on the other hand, most of her skills do two things at once anyways. Down side is, she is an absolute Mana whore. So for me, it's no problem, I've prepared a set up that is going to let her recover basically everything she uses per turn anyways outside the very high end spells. But for people without those Soluna Rings or Rem's HP/MP 30. She maybe too intensive to use at first.

Basically, Refia and Tilith cover completely opposite ground since one utilizes DC while the other are specials. But, Tilith largely will do everything you need, just better. Yet, Refia is still going to be the best core healer.

Till of course Ayaka comes out.

Kouriozan

Can I just ignore her???

Do you have Ling?
Personally couldn't pull her and every f*cking damn trial there is "Ling MVP" I know that feeling all too well, so get ready to have 5/6 months of "Tilith MVP" and rage you couldn't get her.
Well at least Rikku is also amazing so it shouldn't happen as often as Ling.
Last year people in this thread were saying we had to prepare for a double tank meta, it was the only viable team comp in the future and if you didn't run it you would fail everything.

That strat was amazing for the Dark Espers trial in Japan where 6* WoL would provoke and heal thanks to his counter and Cecil buff/heal.
Sadly in Global we can't make strategy based on Japan experience because no WoL so RIP double tank meta.

Syntsui

I always thought it was suspicious when McGillby arrived on the scene and immediately proclaimed that Pwnology's macros were all dangerous and that only his macros were the only safe ones. It was just another power grab for control of the macro community on Global.

On my potato of a backup laptop, I still use Pwnology's ultimate macros. Still works just fine and dandy for me, even to this day.

Nice. Can't argue with that at all.
But he was right, the other macro was risky and I even lost lapis because of it, the newer one is absolutely perfect and risk free. We all lost with this drama fuckery.

Valentus

But he was right, the other macro was risky and I even lost lapis because of it, the newer one is absolutely perfect and risk free. We all lost with this drama fuckery.

i dont think theres much of a drama, at least here on gaf.

The macro webpage is still up and ExviusGAF doesnt need a guy that asks for subs to accepting you as a friend. We got like 10 guys here that can carry the community in harder trials.

Lyrian

I guess with the lapis refilling one, that was an issue? I have both loaded, but almost exclusively using only the non-refilling one. I generally have a strong rule about never leaving the macro unintended and manually refilling it (better sense of control over it) as needed. As a result, never had a problem with the macro.

Ok thank you for all the input everyone.

Yes I have a ling. I do love my Refia, and who I really want is Ayaka.

So for tilith I've decided to use my 4* summon tickets, yes all 2 of them, and dailies as I normally like to do. No 11 pulls from me!!!!!

Kouriozan

That's why I'm happy to mainly play on iPad, on the emulator I have 0 Lapis, 0 risk something awful happens.

Lyrian

Now stuck with the likely dilemma of deciding whether to TM macro to continue the last set of badly (and long overdue offensive TMs), or to run the dreaded gem vortex for T1/2 gems that are going to be the initial roadblock for Elza's TMs.

Choices, choices.

Valentus

we have to see what are the values.

I expect 100% spear mastery, 70% break, and 4x200% but could be low.

Im happy with only the 70% break. That would put elza in another level for OHKO runs

Ok thank you for all the input everyone.

Yes I have a ling. I do love my Refia, and who I really want is Ayaka.

So for tilith I've decided to use my 4* summon tickets, yes all 2 of them, and dailies as I normally like to do. No 11 pulls from me!!!!!

Dont.

In this banner a guaranteed 4 ticket will give you a gold but the chance of tilith is 1/3 because you will have 3 golds featured.

Save those tickets for rikku, probably she will be the only base 4 of that banner (tidus-rikku-wakka) and you will have more chances to get her.

c-murph

Lets all remember that THIS WITCH

Was the reason Chilly left us almost 1 year ago :(

And he'd probably would not have used her until next week.

I don't have Tilith and I doubt I'll get lucky enough to get her, so I'm sure I'm stuck with Refia and Y'shtola. I don't mind this, though. Can't always get what you want.

Unless you're rich.

Oh yeah, forgot Maxwell too:

- Karl 75%
- Karl 75%
- Karl 75%
- Maxwell 100%

Finally fucking "easy" to get point event. Unless its stupid hard lol.
My Maxwell is going to be max leveled 5* maybe I do same for 1 Karl (all 3 are 4*).

Are we able to get a second Maxwell?!

She will only be trumphed by a 5* named Ayaka in 24 months.

Already saving tickets...

Still scratching my head about DKC. He really needs some love for those who have him.

• I have two of him I never use. Although his Deathbringer is very nice.

Puzzling a bit over the high tide on her Madness Rush +2. She really didn't need it, but I guess it can't be a bad thing to practically able autofill her LB every single turn?

All in all, it's a plus for her. And not too much longer now until Spear Mastery arrives on Global.

Yeah, especially with her exclusive 20% Atk Materia, she'll might be good to go every other turn. Probably, should start pumping in some burst pots into her.

No 11 pulls. GUMI is expecting everyone to go apeshit on the banner just before the anniversary. That way you have to spend more. Save it for the Anniversary. I'm sure whatever they have will be worth it.

Broseybrose

I knocked out a decent amount of the story event and am enjoying the game fleshing out other characters. Getting some insight into how Jake and Shera? built up their resistance is nice. I stopped at a point last night waiting for a friend Gilgamesh to show up so I could knock out the "use a wind skill on an enemy" mission for the upcoming dungeon or whatever you want to call them. I was surprised this asked for this one again so soon, they normally bounce between different elements. Anyway, I dig this type of event and since there won't be a moogle farm event coinciding, it's easy to commit the NRG for a full dungeon run.

When does E3 start, Monday? It looks like we are indeed waiting for then for the WoL announcement. It's really silly how much they are dragging it out and the attention being brought to it when it's only going to put him on par with Cecil ;p We just want to free up our inventory, dammit! I'm curious to see what bait they will lay out for anniversary so they can roll out the FFX banner immediately after anniversary ends. Trollolollol FFBE fan base!

I finally got to Titan in FFXIV and it's a lot more neat to see them in FFBE after experiencing the source material for the espers ahem, primals too. Same look of course, Tumult, and even the heart exposure.
The Story Event is really making me want these banner units. I already got Camille on a daily!

Any mission that asks for wind, just equip Survival Edge, or any other wind weapon. For earth missions I use Exdeath's Earth Crusher, but Golem Staff would work too.

I beat Titan once. Cant seem to pull off a 2nd victory using the same units and strat... (at least 120 NRG wasted) trying to get that no item clear, I didnt have stona equipped on my Yshtola on my victory run.

edit - @Valentus - Ive come to rely on and love your videos. You have a great sense of humor. The unit vids are the best. Ive feel like I dont really know if I want a unit or not until I see your vid on it.

I want Amelia

Muku

Main Daily: Russell. Holy shit. For real?
1 Ticket: Maria

Nevermind done pulling there...

Alt Daily: Amelia

DONE!!!! Now to get her on main! Woot woot. Alt getting a little love this week.

Edit: This is amazing. Means I can finally save tickets a little on alt. Todays ticket will be saved. That's my only one saved for now. Going to level Amelia in a little bit and take her for a spin.

Goddamm at the odds of pulling Tilith on the new banner,practically a rainbow. Thank God I ended up getting her last time, though it was on the dark destroyer banner and I had no tickets left from pulling on Tilith's banner.

Kouriozan

Her time has come! (Source)

Ew4dsEN.png

Time to update this with Tilith (Source)

2osuDljl.jpg

I have Tilith maxed out in pots and a bunch of wonderful TMs for her... but still dont use her. Rafia is the reason. Hopefully 6* Tilith shines through.

Give her one Camouflage TM from FP unit Montana "Decrease chance of being targeted (50%)" (which I have) and all ST attack will never touch her, thanks to her 6* skill "Decrease Target Chance by 75%"

Mine is also fully potted and ready to be 6*!

Lyrian

we have to see what are the values.

I expect 100% spear mastery, 70% break, and 4x200% but could be low.

Im happy with only the 70% break. That would put elza in another level for OHKO runs

70% break is unrealistic. Beyond fantastic if that happens, but I'm pegging that at "all but 0%" chance of happening. Practically no one is expecting more than 60%, as she debuffs two stats (compared to Delita's one stat 65%). 70% (or even 65%) would immediately obsolete Delita's enhancements, which I doubt is the intention here.

Stat breaks are exponentially more powerful as they approach 100%. A 70% break would be bonkers and to balance against that, every serious boss would need defenses so high that without the break everyone is going to do damage in the hundreds or worse just to keep the OHKO teams away. (Bad enough as is and with Elza/Delita, it's only going to get worse).

50 --> 55 --> 60 is the most likely upgrade route.

100% spear mastery.... pretty much no one as far as I can see is expecting this.

Madness Rush.... everyone is also expecting 4x 200%.

The likely process for Elza is to chain Ravishing Blow to Madness Rush.

Now: (50% DEF break) [2x mod] --> 4.2x Madness Rush --> 840% RT effective damage
After: (60% DEF break) [2.5x mod] --> 8.0x Madness Rush --> 2000% RT effective damage.

So, you have massive damage, but at the expense of being un-chainable.

Also if you were to use the first hit of Madness rush as a chain finisher, you would get [2.5x mod] x [2.0x mod first hit] = 500% damage times chain bonus. Serviceable, I suppose.

Rixa

Are we able to get a second Maxwell?!

Prolly not. Gumi can't be so generous :D.

Screenshot_20170611-195140.png

I had excess Sacred & Holy Crystals (still over 100 both). Figured I could max level BF units for the kicks cause I got so many Cactuars from raid. Thancreds are 2000 xp each when fused. 3rd Karl ate over 40 Thancreds...

The drought of pulling anything level worthy makes do funny things. Now I hope I can snag one gold banner from next banner which prolly will be Seria because reasons.

Valentus

the last BF banner ended like this according to reddit survey

Elza 76 1.14%
Tilith 254 3.81%
Karl 192 2.88%
Seria 199 2.98%
Off-banner 5951 89.19%

its 3% for a tilith fams.

Lyrian

Alt Daily: Amelia

DONE!!!! Now to get her on main! Woot woot. Alt getting a little love this week.

Edit: This is amazing. Means I can finally save tickets a little on alt. Todays ticket will be saved. That's my only one saved for now. Going to level Amelia in a little bit and take her for a spin.

So jelly. Congrats!

Lyrian

Also, I'm curious to see if Gumi will allow players to obtain a second Tablet of Ruin.

And if so, will they be allowed to stack? I can see LB shenanigans happening between two stacking tablets + Kelsus's goggles, as her LB is extremely cheap to fill.

Alkez

The "unlimited" LB could be good because it's multihitting so it could chain with another Elza? It's a shame they didn't give her dark debuff.

Kouriozan

Figured most people will want to share Maxwell again next week for that sweet 100% bonus, I will finally be able to do some more 65 chains!

hhmI79Y.jpg

Soon!

Vashetti

Banned
It triggers me that the areas in this event don't say "COMPLETE" when you've got all the rewards from missions, only says "CLEARED"

Lyrian

The "unlimited" LB could be good because it's multihitting so it could chain with another Elza? It's a shame they didn't give her dark debuff.

That would probably be a bit much at only 6* for her to do everything all in one.

Shine, and upcoming 6* Garland and enhanced DKC can handle the dark debuff.

Syntsui

Elza, DKC, DKC2, Dark Veritas, Ramza + Dark Veritas friend = Win every battle in the game in one turn in the future as long as they don't resist dark?

c-murph

It triggers me that the areas in this event don't say "COMPLETE" when you've got all the rewards from missions, only says "CLEARED"

Triggered. That's like the new world everybody everywhere is saying nowadays. Makes me wonder from what pop psych book this is popularized from.

Elza, DKC, DKC2, Dark Veritas, Ramza + Dark Veritas friend = Win every battle in the game in one turn in the future as long as they don't resist dark?

Tell me more...

is a base 4 star unit that can:

- full aoe heal
- full aoe raise
- cure aoe 2500/50 HP/MP
- protect the party for enemy stat breaks
- cure all stats (except stone)

So no, you dont need her, but if you are f2p, your life will be x100 easy with her.
but is she better than rikku or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom