• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Game was hacked, access was gained and proven to many players.

Gumi will need a big time compensation here, and I’m not talking 500 Lapis, a 4* ticket and some NRG. This one is serious.

I don’t feel bad though. Oddly, I’m pleased.

Couldn’t have happened to a more scumi company. Maybe this opens their eyes to what happens when you take advantage of your playerbase, granted this was even a result of their business practices.

vato_loco

Man, still down.

I see most of you guys have very little love for Gumi, and I can totally understand why. They seem like the typical mobile company that cares nothing for the source material or the community. I haven't had enough time in the game to hate them yet.

Having said that, yeah, hacking will always be bad news.

wilstreak

Man, still down.

I see most of you guys have very little love for Gumi, and I can totally understand why. They seem like the typical mobile company that cares nothing for the source material or the community. I haven't had enough time in the game to hate them yet.

Having said that, yeah, hacking will always be bad news.

we love Final Fantasy but don't like Gumi.

bonkeng

Well, one thing good about this fuck-up is it happened at a perfect time for me. At this point, I don't even care how much arena/raid orbs or nrg I'm losing, because right now my interest for this game is at an all time low.

But I'm not quitting, not yet lol.

Alkez

Man just as I was getting back into GL version we get the one two punch of no new content and then no access to the game. Feel like I'm back to where I was a couple of weeks ago...

[JP] Can anyone tell me what the SO units do? Waiting for Reddit to update with info. Seriously need to get JP on my phone so I can do the raid in the mornings while I'm away.

Rixa

Well, one thing good about this fuck-up is it happened at a perfect time for me. At this point, I don't even care how much arena/raid orbs or nrg I'm losing, because right now my interest for this game is at an all time low.

But I'm not quitting, not yet lol.

Bro.

We are in same boat :). I think I had 255 nrg to use. Like I care, but I wont quit.

Okay, I have my expectations for this major screwup.

5,000 Lapis (on top of the 5k I grabbed last night)
50 NRG bottles
2x 5* EX tickets
3x 4* tickets
10x tickets
1/2 cost quests/vortex quests for next 2 weeks
3% Rainbow rate

How likely is this?

Yeah, I know it will just be a “We are sorry” and 1,000 Lapis, 50 Star Quartz and 10 EX tickets that grant shit tier pulls. :(

To top it off they will add (50) turtles to it just so we have to spend Lapis to increase unit slots.

RedZaraki

Banned

50 NRG bottles
2x 5* EX tickets
3x 4* tickets
10x tickets
3% Rainbow rate

How likely is this?

Yeah, I know it will just be a “We are sorry” and 1,000 Lapis, 50 Star Quartz and 10 EX tickets that grant shit tier pulls. :(

To top it off they will add (50) turtles to it just so we have to spend Lapis to increase unit slots.

We'll get 100 lapis and 10 nrg pots lol.

Syntsui

I used 16 tickets on the Star Ocean banner and didn't even get an on banner gold. I'll wait for the TMs info before doing anything crazy.

The anniversary is coming and I feel like wasting lapis is not a good decision.

We'll get 100 lapis and 10 nrg pots lol.

I expect no truthful explanation for what happened and for Gumi to try and sweep it under the rug while giving compensation expected for any other unplanned maintenance.

It would be a supremely stupid move, but with Gumi it’s just my expectation at this point.

wilstreak

50 NRG bottles
2x 5* EX tickets
3x 4* tickets
10x tickets
3% Rainbow rate

How likely is this?

add to that surprise GL Exclusives Buff Ramza, Noctis and Olive enhancement at discounted price.

add to that surprise GL Exclusives Buff Ramza, Noctis and Olive enhancement at discounted price.

Depending on when they joined, most player won’t have these units thanks to shit pull rates.

It needs to be something people can make use of, although I would sign up for Ramza and Olive Enhancements.

Rixa

So what is the over/under that this game comes back in less than a day?

If we think the situation:

- Source Code
- Ransom (in bit coins)

-> Brave Frontier is on emergency maintenance
-> Brave Exvius is on emergency maintenance
-> Alchemist Code is on emergency maintenance
Are all Gumi games down (I fully expect it to be so)

->>> Stock is taking hit in Nikkei (and will plummet more on Monday)
->>>> My guess is, servers wont be up before next week.

They have a bad bad bad situation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Depending on when they joined, most player won’t have these units thanks to shit pull rates.

It needs to be something people can make use of, although I would sign up for Ramza and Olive Enhancements.

Ramza is one of my two rainbows. I need them enhancements :(

LucaMac

Dammit, I missed the 5k lapis too. By about half an hour only too. Balls. I for one will be requesting it if those who goy it and those who didn't get the same compensation.

If we think the situation:

- Source Code
- Ransom (in bit coins)

-> Brave Frontier is on emergency maintenance
-> Brave Exvius is on emergency maintenance
-> Alchemist Code is on emergency maintenance
Are all Gumi games down (I fully expect it to be so)

->>> Stock is taking hit in Nikkei (and will plummet more on Monday)
->>>> My guess is, servers wont be up before next week.

They have a bad bad bad situation.

A bad bad bad situation that they deserved whole heartedly.

While I want the game to come back so I can play (at work), I’m glad something happened to them and I pray they learn a lesson here.

Dammit, I missed the 5k lapis too. By about half an hour only too. Balls. I for one will be requesting it if those who goy it and those who didn't get the same compensation.

Bank on Gumi rolling accounts back.

They let people keep free pulls and Moogles but won’t let them keep the Lapis.

While I technically lose nothing, it will aggravate me, especially if compensation is shit tier and no user end improvement come as a result of this incident.

Syntsui

Fuuuuuck, Rena is a beast and has magic mitigation. Did two multis and got Tidus. The anniversary didn't even begin and its already over for me.

:((((((

Looking back, 10 of those 20 hours of maintenance were scheduled, and we are now sitting at 12 hours and counting of unscheduled maintenance with no end in sight. This is a global record, right?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I've been busy the last couple days and forget to login on two days. Not to bad I thought since I still could get the 10+1 ticket if I kept logging in...

Earlier before the day switch I wanted to login fast to get my daily login and see that the game is down.

Welp... Goodbye multi pull ticket. I'll be honest even though I didn't have much time to play this week this is really disappointing.

Reading this thread seems like there was some kind of big hack so it makes sense that the game is offline.. But it kinda killed my login boni plans as well lol.

RedZaraki

Banned

bonkeng

I said this elsewhere, but I wonder how much of that is just Dyer, lol.

I'd wager his lifetime spending in Exvius has gotta be above $100k by this point.

And to think Dyer isn't even the biggest whale. I know Luciella has 5 of every 5* units, including limited ones like A2, 2B, Vargas, Elza, Yun etc. Not to mention the korean group FFKR.

Missed that 5k lapis, was hanging with the wife lol. Notmally that means playing ffbe as she plays candy crush but we decided no games during chill time. Seems i chose the wrong time to start that -_-
Its going to be real interesting to see how they handle this mess. I am not expecting much but if they come with some amazing compensation i would be shocked.

vato_loco

No. But if you only log in 27 days in a month you can't get the 28th reward for example. It's not consecutive, it's total...

Hold on again. If you start playing on the 25th of the month, you'll only get the rewards for 5/6 days and then start over the next month?!

Rokuren

I'm personally expecting decent compensation.

But I'm also expecting the game to be down for awhile. They need to identify how/when/scope of the were breach. Figure out how to prevent it, verify the integrity of their codebase/data, and spin up a new instance that's considered safe. It wouldn't do to bring the game back up and for the hackers to be able to retain/regain the level of access that they showed last night even if they don't do anything immediately.

Not to mention I think the hacked web page mentioned some sort of document access so any security team they have may be stretched thin. Also, it sounds like most of their games are down? Which makes sense. I'm just glad the mobile games never directly handle credit card data; all through Google/Amazon.

forgrim

Man im late to this game...its still down. I was running macros and checked this morning and apparently my macro mustve been stopped sometime yesterday hahaha

But damn, gumi.

NeoCross

“Here’s 100 lapis and 1 4* ticket per day the game’s been down as compensation. Btw Nier banner well be up as well as part of our apology to our customers. Please buy lapis and continue to enjoy the game!”

AkumaNiko

And to think Dyer isn't even the biggest whale. I know Luciella has 5 of every 5* units, including limited ones like A2, 2B, Vargas, Elza, Yun etc. Not to mention the korean group FFKR.

Pretty sure dyer is a modder. There was a thread somewhere on the subreddit that busted him using a facebook group to buy lapis at huge discounts. So its money not even going to gumi

Top Bottom