• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Whales

Banned
wow holy shit

I also got the 5k lapis

what is going on lol

maybe these hackers made the rainbow rate 100% too, time to pull!

robotuw

Hey Gumi, hire better hackers, I didn't get my lapis.

Maybe I was wrong, this could end up being the most interesting week we've had in a while.

vato_loco

Just to make sure you understand - TM farming is completely different than leveling up.

You farm the TM from the characters recommended to you and then use it on your actual good units.

When new units come out, they are judged on 2 criteria usually; whether they are a good unit or not, and is their TM worth getting.

If they are a good unit, you use them.

If they are a bad unit with a good TM (ie Ludmille), you farm their TM and put it on one of the good units that you actually use.
Yes, I completely understand. I have a party with units that are useful for leveling and actually using in story and arena and raids, and another party that is only for spamming Earth Shrine with a Nox script.

Once a non-good unit with a good TM is farmed, they become pretty much useless if you already have a good party in place.

Also I'm a tiny bit stuck. My fight with
Ebrietas of the... I mean Veritas of the Winds
ended with his/her victory because two of my guys were wind non-resistand and I had to spend too much time healing them instead of attacking Veritas. Oh, but I'm coming back, you bastard. Just you wait.

Dual also: should we, you know, spend these newly acquired lapis? I mean gumi could, theoretically, remove them from all the players if they were obtained fraudulently.

robotuw

Yes, I completely understand. I have a party with units that are useful for leveling and actually using in story and arena and raids, and another party that is only for spamming Earth Shrine with a Nox script.

Once a useless unit with a good TM is farmed, they become pretty much useless if you already have a good party in place.

Also I'm a tiny bit stuck. My fight with
Ebrietas of the... I mean Veritas of the Winds
ended with his/her victory because two of my guys were wind non-resistand and I had to spend too much time healing them instead of attacking Veritas. Oh, but I'm coming back, you bastard. Just you wait.

That fight is an infamous wake-up call for a lot of new players. Soon you'll be able to curb-stomp him. :)

This is very interesting. 5k lapis isn't large enough that Gumi could easily justify taking it away from people, like if the hackers gave everyone 1 million lapis or something. Unless they do a db rollback they definitely don't have the resources to figure out how everyone spent the lapis and fix it person by person either.

Yeah, I just got the 5k as well. I would spend it, but I don’t want Gumi to correct it and I’d be out of my legit stash.

But I’m really tempted to see if they hacked the pull rate as well. Can you imagine an 11 rainbow pull???

robotuw

Are you kidding me, a free 5k? wth!

Edit: huh, reloaded the app and got it too. I'm scared. They're going to roll this back most definitely.

The longer they take the less likely it is. If people bought lapis right now they would be screwed after a db rollback. They should have already taken the game down for emergency maintenance.

I take it back Gumi. This global-exclusive hacker ARG event is the best you've had in months!
though I also want my 5k :(

Did you just get it or what? I logged on all my devices and got nothing/

Not sure if it’s what caused it, but my inbox was empty when I loaded up the game.

I then forced an expedition to finish, so I could try and drop something into the inbox. Expedition was a success.

Went to inbox and hit the claim all button.

udca

Haven’t even killed a single Malboro mini yet...

Party is surviving well though. Just wish my only Ace friend had more than 3.9K HP. Shocked he hasn’t been double KO’d yet.

Toxic Rain is a godsend! Always keeping the cigarette butts blinded.

Okay, back to business.

Do you still need an Ace? I can make one with good hp

Broseybrose

Toxic Rain blinds the mini Malboros and chains well with Mirage from Pod 153.

My team was doing very well until that >10% thing I wasn't aware of. Little fuckers wiped me out.

Well damn thats good to know! Especially since I only have one pod!

Checking now to see if Im 5k richer than I was an hour ago...

I am.

What do???

Aaaaaaand, maintenance.

Yea this is completely insane. Why Gumi? Disgruntled past player? They really should have shut the game down by now.

Someone let Val and Hippo know about the lapis, lol

Just in case something happens, I took screenshots of all my units, items, materials, etc... along with my player ID screen.

Who knows, right?

Dammit! Just got home and couldn't see if I got the lapis before maintenance :( I probably didn't as Nox crashed and I wasn't able to log in to see when it crashed exactly but I guess I can hope...

This 5,000 Lapis... ugh.

It’s free. I’m so tempted to buy the Prische pack @2,500 just for the Demon Killer.

That would solve my damage problem right away.

vato_loco

Maintenance is 5 hours long, I'm guessing the game isn't coming back until they figure out how the hackers managed to get inside.

We can only hope the 5k lapis are still there when the game returns.

Top Bottom