• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Whizkid7

All this "down time" is allowing me to play catch up on some TM's. The back log couldn't be more real.

I've been so slow on my TM grind that I've been working on Karl since I got Nox working a few months ago. He's only 45%. And then I realized that he's been outclassed a few days ago and feel like all that time was wasted. Sure wish this was an easier grind. :/

Figure I should focus on weapons & equipment for now. Aileen & DKC are about 50% now - hopefully not much longer for them.

Niahak

Surprisingly, I'm in top 10k, looks like this raid is not interesting people.

In other raid despite using all my orbs on ELT and having normal sleep schedule, I end up at ~15k

I'm around 40K and I'm not going to get the burst pot reward (just reached the ATK pot).
Last raid I was on the border of 50K and had gotten all the rewards within 10 days.

I'm just doing PRO on repeat, so I'm getting fewer points... but it looks like fewer people are doing the raid and many are avoiding ELT.

Kouriozan

What are the differences between CG Fina and Ayaka? Why would CG Fina be better?

CG Fina lacks Stop resist and cure, but can be more offensive if you equip her Rod and Whip and her LB is AoE re-raise like Rikku.
Otherwise, as healer, both are the same. CG Fina will release 5 months after Ayaka though.

c-murph

CG Fina lacks Stop resist and cure, but can be more offensive if you equip her Rod and Whip and her LB is AoE re-raise like Rikku.
Otherwise, as healer, both are the same. CG Fina will release 5 months after Ayaka though.

So time to replenish resources to get both~!

Not pulling until Ayaka.

Me neither. Been saving all my resources. I have a good handful of tickets and around 15K lapis. Probably going to go all out and hope for the best.

Is Ayaka really THAT good? Should I wait for her or just keep pulling for a decent team, since I just started?

She's basically a faux 7* white mage from what I hear.

Oh well then fuck it. I'm F2P but Im starting to feel the limitations on Refia.

Ill spend a 10+1 on the banner and hope for the best

Pejo

Gold Member
I'm around 40K and I'm not going to get the burst pot reward (just reached the ATK pot).
Last raid I was on the border of 50K and had gotten all the rewards within 10 days.

I'm just doing PRO on repeat, so I'm getting fewer points... but it looks like fewer people are doing the raid and many are avoiding ELT.

I dislike this raid because it's tedious. the fact that he has a random chance to resist physical the first few turns just makes it really painful to do over and over and over. I loved raids like Nier and Bahamut that you can potentially 1 turn every time if you have the right units/TMs. Doesn't help that the rewards are a snooze from rolling the raid gacha.

robotuw

I've been a good little drone and kept running the ELT raid this whole time. A single rank up with no refreshes and 8 hours of sleep a day has kept me in the top 5k so I'd say people are definitely slacking on this raid. I've gained about 15 million gil so far so I'm not mad. I'll be very glad to see it go though.

Alkez

My teams are usually about offense more than defense, but just in case I need a healer, I'm slowly working on a Refia, which is the best I've currently got.

I'm so new I didn't even know Tilith was a thing...

Refia is pretty good. Her main issue is they didn't buff her Curaga so she can only heal back so much even with dual cast. Tilith has a skill that heals everyone back to full health. The reason people like Ayaka and Fina is they have Cure 5, which basically heals you back to full, and being a spell, can be dual casted, increasing what you can do each turn.

However in my experience with sufficient damage mitigation, or tanks that can self heal such as Warrior of Light, healing back to full becomes less valuable. This is why I'm not a massive fan of Ayaka, and why I removed Tiltih from my team in GL version. I just found myself having too many turns where she had nothing to do. I find a fair number of people in JP run Garnet as she has quite a number of support options on top of her white mage kit. Her Curaga got enhanced further in GL so her 6* will be quite strong.

What are the differences between CG Fina and Ayaka? Why would CG Fina be better?

Ayaka is a pure white mage. She has some buffs but they're pretty insignificant. Fina is a white mage and support. She doesn't have as many healing options but she a number of other things she can do. To compile it into a list:

Both have:

• Cure 5
  • ST Reraise (spell)
  • Arise
  • Esunaga
  • Dispelaga
  • Pod 153's passive healing skill (AoE ~3000 HP Heal w/ 9x Mod split over 3 Turns)
  • Mega Phoenix
  • Luka's enhanced healing skill (AoE ~1000 HP Heal w/ 3.4x Mod & AoE Cure All Ailments)
Ayaka has:

• Stop immunity and aoe stop removal
  • Tilith's hp and mp skill (AoE except Self Recover 2500 HP, 50 MP)
Fina has:

• A fairly strong aoe mp regen (AoE except Self 50 MP Recovery & AoE except Self ~40 MP Heal w/ 0.3x Mod split over 3 Turns)
  • A strong buff and elemental resist (AoE 3 Turn +80% ATK/DEF & AoE 3 Turn +45% All Elements Resist)
  • Dystopia (280% AoE 1 Hit Dark Magic Attack + 160% Each Use (Max: 3))
  • A fairly strong magic attack skill (525% ST 7 Hit (8Fr) Light Magic Attack w/ 100% of SPR as MAG)
  • Aoe 3 turn reraise as her LB, that is also an attack and debuffs light & dark by 50%
So as you can see both units are quite similar, and neither is really better than the other. It all depends on how you want to play. As I said above I personally can see myself having dead turns with Ayaka. With Fina I don't have that. She also fits better into the team I'm trying to build, which doesn't contain a bard.

Sorry that was probably a longer response than you bargained for lol. Just felt it would be better to give a full summary of the units so you and others can make an informed decision.

All this "down time" is allowing me to play catch up on some TM's. The back log couldn't be more real.

Bro it's ridiculous, it never ends. I was so close to the end of my list of required TMs and would be starting optional extras, but then I decided to completely revamp my main team and now I need a whole new stack of TMs lol. Why did I commit to this game?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Real talk: I cannot imagine saving up for another damn healer. Give me a top tier chainer or give me death!

Haha...thats where im at.
Wish i could have the luxury of saving up for a Top Tier healer but this doesnt mean much if i cant push out high dmg.

robotuw

Anyone else thinking Cagnazzo may be a competitor with Mystair? He's listed as a magic tank and if he's got a AoE magic cover he could be someone everyone should pull for. Mystair won't come until December.

Sorry that was probably a longer response than you bargained for lol. Just felt it would be better to give a full summary of the units so you and others can make an informed decision.
Actually u have no idea how helpful this was. Now I might be flipped again lol, considering I already have garnet. Who knows when that 6* is coming tho.

CG Fina looks to synergize really well with Orlandeau with the light shit too so she looks to be superior. Now time to research about garnet

Pejo

Gold Member
Refia is pretty good. Her main issue is they didn't buff her Curaga so she can only heal back so much even with dual cast. Tilith has a skill that heals everyone back to full health. The reason people like Ayaka and Fina is they have Cure 5, which basically heals you back to full, and being a spell, can be dual casted, increasing what you can do each turn.

However in my experience with sufficient damage mitigation, or tanks that can self heal such as Warrior of Light, healing back to full becomes less valuable. This is why I'm not a massive fan of Ayaka, and why I removed Tiltih from my team in GL version. I just found myself having too many turns where she had nothing to do. I find a fair number of people in JP run Garnet as she has quite a number of support options on top of her white mage kit. Her Curaga got enhanced further in GL so her 6* will be quite strong.

Ayaka is a pure white mage. She has some buffs but they're pretty insignificant. Fina is a white mage and support. She doesn't have as many healing options but she a number of other things she can do. To compile it into a list:

Both have:

• Cure 5
  • ST Reraise (spell)
  • Arise
  • Esunaga
  • Dispelaga
  • Pod 153's passive healing skill (AoE ~3000 HP Heal w/ 9x Mod split over 3 Turns)
  • Mega Phoenix
  • Luka's enhanced healing skill (AoE ~1000 HP Heal w/ 3.4x Mod & AoE Cure All Ailments)
Ayaka has:

• Stop immunity and aoe stop removal
  • Tilith's hp and mp skill (AoE except Self Recover 2500 HP, 50 MP)
Fina has:

• A fairly strong aoe mp regen (AoE except Self 50 MP Recovery & AoE except Self ~40 MP Heal w/ 0.3x Mod split over 3 Turns)
  • A strong buff and elemental resist (AoE 3 Turn +80% ATK/DEF & AoE 3 Turn +45% All Elements Resist)
  • Dystopia (280% AoE 1 Hit Dark Magic Attack + 160% Each Use (Max: 3))
  • A fairly strong magic attack skill (525% ST 7 Hit (8Fr) Light Magic Attack w/ 100% of SPR as MAG)
  • Aoe 3 turn reraise as her LB, that is also an attack and debuffs light & dark by 50%
So as you can see both units are quite similar, and neither is really better than the other. It all depends on how you want to play. As I said above I personally can see myself having dead turns with Ayaka. With Fina I don't have that. She also fits better into the team I'm trying to build, which doesn't contain a bard.

Bro it's ridiculous, it never ends. I was so close to the end of my list of required TMs and would be starting optional extras, but then I decided to completely revamp my main team and now I need a whole new stack of TMs lol. Why did I commit to this game?

Thanks for that write-up. I think I might actually be a madman and skip Ayaka. I have been using Rem as my healer since I got her, even though I have 6* maxed out Tillith. I like healers that can fill another role and contribute to damage, so CG Fina sounds right up my alley.

Is she the one that gets a crazy attack that scales off of SPR or is that another future healer?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
SaQh0lj.jpg

Guess the booze & food funds are going towards upping server security.

Alkez

Actually u have no idea how helpful this was. Now I might be flipped again lol, considering I already have garnet. Who knows when that 6* is coming tho.

CG Fina looks to synergize really well with Orlandeau with the light shit too so she looks to be superior. Now time to research about garnet
Thanks for that write-up. I think I might actually be a madman and skip Ayaka. I have been using Rem as my healer since I got her, even though I have 6* maxed out Tillith. I like healers that can fill another role and contribute to damage, so CG Fina sounds right up my alley.

Np guys, glad I was able to help.

Is she the one that gets a crazy attack that scales off of SPR or is that another future healer?

So Fina has a fairly good offensive skill, but I think the unit you're thinking of is Lila, who is on the Sephiroth banner. She has: 1000% ST 14 Hit (5Fr) Magic Attack w/ 100% of SPR as MAG (Phys Attack Type: Phys Killer/Weapon Element & DW). However she doesn't have any healing skills.

You could give her Pod 153 for 3 turn healing though as they modifier isn't too bad alongside good SPR. That's something I've been playing around with recently, combining that with reraise and damage mitigation so I don't need a white mage at all. As Fina has that skill and reraise innately I plan to use her instead of Rikku (if I get her), especially as she provides MP as well which allows me to cut out the bard and add Noctis back in (if his LB gets enhanced for that 124% all stats buff).

vato_loco

Just pulled a Prishe. How good is she?
She's my main DMG dealer right now. Her exclusive weapon is up for grabs in the Shadow Lord raid, which gives her a cool +96 ATK and 20% MP.

She's no Oldmandeau or Tidus but she gets the job done. I'm not managing to make her very useful in Arena, for some reason.

Np guys, glad I was able to help.

So Fina has a fairly good offensive skill, but I think the unit you're thinking of is Lila, who is on the Sephiroth banner. She has: 1000% ST 14 Hit (5Fr) Magic Attack w/ 100% of SPR as MAG (Phys Attack Type: Phys Killer/Weapon Element & DW). However she doesn't have any healing skills.

You could give her Pod 153 for 3 turn healing though as they modifier isn't too bad alongside good SPR. That's something I've been playing around with recently, combining that with reraise and damage mitigation so I don't need a white mage at all. As Fina has that skill and reraise innately I plan to use her instead of Rikku (if I get her), especially as she provides MP as well which allows me to cut out the bard and add Noctis back in (if his LB gets enhanced for that 124% all stats buff).

That's.....that's pretty damn smart. Don't know if you saw my post a few pages back regarding removing a tank, subbing in Marie with Rikku's pouch, 3 dps, and Tilith and pod 153. Really need to see if it can be viable. I could take it a step further and give every Mechanical Heart and between elemental resists from Marie, Mechanical Heart Heals and heals from Love you all, Tilith wouldn't need to heal at all and can go into infinite mana battery mode and pod 153 damage reduction spam. I just don't really want to remove a 30-40% damage materia from all 3 of my dps though. Decisions....decisions.

Regarding TM's. Currently cooking in the oven is Queen, Dark Fina, Victoria, Kefka (3rd ribbon), and Helena for my second mystical skull. After this batch it's 3 Weirei, Timmy #2, and probably Earth Veritas.

robotuw

She's my main DMG dealer right now. Her exclusive weapon is up for grabs in the Shadow Lord raid, which gives her a cool +96 ATK and 20% MP.

She's no Oldmandeau or Tidus but she gets the job done. I'm not managing to make her very useful in Arena, for some reason.

Be sure to make a second one for her when you have dual wield. You'll get better weapons later but for now it won't hurt. Also get Odin w/ Bladeblitz and put him in her. Bladeblitz is always a good choice in the arena.

Be sure to make a second one for her when you have dual wield. You'll get better weapons later but for now it won't hurt. Also get Odin w/ Bladeblitz and put him in her. Bladeblitz is always a good choice in the arena.

Bladeblitz is THE ability to get on Odin. It actually bothers me when I use a friend that has Odin equipped and Bladeblitz isn't there. Makes farming and arena for non-AoE attackers nice.

And for the A2 question, using 9S's Pod (or Marie's love you all) and A2's LB makes her wreck shit, using two is practically cheating.

robotuw

Just curious, how many in here have a 2b unit?

What makes a2 so much better?

Like jasmin said, they are both very strong but A2's best move is always available and 2B's is locked behind a prep turn. A2 also has a very good LB, so even in the case there is a prep turn available A2 still wins since she can lb->offensive heal to damage both turns while 2B is stuck with avoid->avoid attack or pod charge->something else. Lastly, neither is easy to chain at all but I seem to have better luck chaining 2 A2 than 2 2B.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
10+1!

Meliadoul
Celes
Galuf
Beach Time Fina
Alma
Elle
Luna
Clyne
Dark Knight Cecil
Sice
Hayate

I didn’t have Deathbringer yet, so that’s cool. Still no chainer. I have 9100 lapis, sooo

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My concern with A2 (and 2B) is chaining - it seems we need another of the same unit to properly chain. Being limited units, there's only going to be so many out there, and as people quit, there will be less and less.

Can we use anyone else to chain with them?

My concern with A2 (and 2B) is chaining - it seems we need another of the same unit to properly chain. Being limited units, there's only going to be so many out there, and as people quit, there will be less and less.

Not perfectly, it’s why im stacking my Friends list with her now. Two of them can add in plenty of additional attacks by chaining with other chainers (I plug in Ace or OK for some additional imperil/damage as needed).

Prototype

As a plankton (bought the 99¢ bundle a few months back) it blows my mind when people just blow tickets/lapis like that, you guys are crazy!! (In a good way) At least wait for a good banner!

I went heavy on the tillithbanner, didn't get her. Started saving again, went heavy on the Nier banner and got A2 and 9S, and now I'm saving again. Will most likely try to get as many of the four fiends as possible since FF4 is my favorite. I've even enchanced all the FF4 characters lol regardless if they are good or not (looking at you Kain)

Anyone else thinking Cagnazzo may be a competitor with Mystair? He's listed as a magic tank and if he's got a AoE magic cover he could be someone everyone should pull for. Mystair won't come until December.
Really hoping the four fiends are viable for the current meta. And Cagnazzo would be perfect for this. Mostly I just hope Rubicante is good - somewhere between Victoria and Trance Terra would be nice.

robotuw

With the pod, anything is possible. For myself I just toss them in with a bunch of other chainers though. My own 2B, A2, and Orlandu can chain somewhat decently on their own and when I add a friend 2B/A2/Orlandu I typically get at least a 40 hit combo, sometimes even going above 80.

Muku

This raid boss, like the last one, just isn't worth the time in ELT for. I've only done PRO. Thankfully only wanted up to 10% Moogle which I have. But I don't have all day to spend on one round of the stupid fight. Why are we going to bust chops for something we'll be doing repeatedly, I have no idea.

SaQh0lj.jpg

Guess the booze & food funds are going towards upping server security.

OMG LOL

Alkez

That's.....that's pretty damn smart. Don't know if you saw my post a few pages back regarding removing a tank, subbing in Marie with Rikku's pouch, 3 dps, and Tilith and pod 153. Really need to see if it can be viable. I could take it a step further and give every Mechanical Heart and between elemental resists from Marie, Mechanical Heart Heals and heals from Love you all, Tilith wouldn't need to heal at all and can go into infinite mana battery mode and pod 153 damage reduction spam. I just don't really want to remove a 30-40% damage materia from all 3 of my dps though. Decisions....decisions.

Regarding TM's. Currently cooking in the oven is Queen, Dark Fina, Victoria, Kefka (3rd ribbon), and Helena for my second mystical skull. After this batch it's 3 Weirei, Timmy #2, and probably Earth Veritas.

Thanks haha. It was something I realised after we discussed potential teams last time, as at the time I didn't know pod 153 had a healing skill. Passive healing + mechanic heart on everyone (that's not dps) + damage mitigation + reraise is crazy good.

I didn't see your post before but gone back and read it now. Really interesting idea. I've been wanting to work in elemental resistance for a while but wasn't sure how. Marie actually may be the answer (though I don't have her GL lmao) as she provides the passive healing as well. I think if you can find a way to work reraise in then you won't need to worry about putting mech heart on a dps. But I guess the problem with that is you will need to sacrifice a dps to do it.

Looking at your post, who are you planning to use for buffs?

I have 2 2B in an attempt to get A2 lol. She is really good though and I plan to use her as long as I can (if Gumi let me take a 6th unit I'll always use her but alas). Because speed and extract speed have good modifiers and are 10 hits moves, she actually does more damage than most dps despite have to spend a turn debuffing electric thanks to the chain multiplier (though we still need Gromm's TM to make this true). She's also amazing for the raid as you can use avoid on the first turn and then crush the boss on the second turn if his defence is down.

Yeah this is my concern as well, and is why I keep going on about Gumi giving us the option to take a 6th unit. Obviously these are 5* units, but there are lots of units that people don't run as their regular friend unit (like Ashe or Victoria) and not everyone has a community to ask for a certain unit to be put up. I have 2 2B so this would be very helpful for me.

Muku

I have a 2B on my main account. I have an A2 on my alt account. I prefer A2 to be honest. But I'm glad the account that got A2 got it as it needed a strong character.

I love A2's counter. She is just a hard hitting gal. I really love her ability to heal with Offensive Heal as well. I dunno. She just feels better overall. Don't get me wrong, still love my 2B. I feel like she fits okay into my main accounts team.

But honestly? Both are amazing to have. I have an edge of A2 over 2B, but they're both really good.

EDarkness

I have them both and I find that A2 chains with almost anyone and her badass move is available from the jump. 2B is great, but she does generally need a round of prep, but after that she can kick ass for a few rounds without having to prep again. A2's counter is fraggin' awesome, too. She can keep herself healed with her best move and can do AoE paralyze as well. Great character in my opinion, but 2B is good, too. She just takes a bit more to get rolling.

Xevren

I <3 my 2B, though I don't have an A2. Especially when a friend 2B shows up then the damage really gets rolling. But yea...A2 is a god damn monster and definitely better.

My TMR progress is going faster than I remember. One of my Werei is already at 71% and both my Desch are at 11%.

So anyway I have a question for anyone in the know in JP. Who are the top 3 finishers in the game? I have Orlandu and Agrias for chaining and a Luneth as a finisher but I'm curious what is in the future

Umibozu

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have no shortage of 2b friend units so chaining her isn't really an issue. Also prefer her limit burst since I can easily chain 2 2b LBs.
Yeah, A2 just hits harder and agreed with everyone that A2's counter can't be beat.

As a f2p non macro player, can't say I'm disappointed in my first 1000+ attack unit in 2b tough.

Top Bottom