• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

evangd007

This month has been:

- FF3 event - everyone hated it
- Ability awakenings - throwaway banner
- FFXI raid - everyone hated it
- dead week/hack

And now we have no event news, no maintenance planned, and worst of all, no communication from Gumi as to what the hell is going on.

jnWake

People have hated this month but it gave me 2 rainbows. Yay me.

Also, I haven't seen anyone beat the absolute crappiness of my 11 pull yet.

Muku

Just pulled Rydia on JP free daily. The game will continue to have atrocious pulls even when the good rates come.

I got Rakshasa on my JP free daily today. ;_; Those pulls have slowly gone down each day.

As for extending Raid... dear Cecil no. Please, no. This Raid is so freaking boring and awful. No thank you.

tuffymon

You know what the #1 fear of business owners is? It's not the people that don't like your product and complain, it's not the people that love your product and bitch and moan about changes to it, it's the people who love your product and are then disappointed, leave without notice, and never come back.

Not a huge fan of people trying to tone police negativity out of here. At least these people care enough to say so. The very next step is antipathy. And you're already seeing it in spades.

WHOA hold up here, we TOTALLY KNOW that our pull rate is busted, and in time improves 2 times (well... hopefully we get that step up stuff one day)... and YET people STILL pull and complain, that 10+1 ticket wasn't going anywhere (nor is tomorrow's). You could have TOTALLY saved it until the odds were more so in your favor (I'm not saying you directly), yet people want the NOW and GIMME GIMME mentality. How each person deals with it is up to them, some do hoarding to stack in their favor, some play the JP version to get that itch and eat from the greener pasture, and others... just complain. The game won't change overnight, and as few members of Gaf who actually speak up on the board... 20? 30? We don't have enough power to sway anything, instead we get the game is shit and why do we play it. We know the NY fan festa is soon, we'll hear new stuff from there. The hacking took us by storm... I'm still surprised the game was up in under a day... probably still super busy improving things.

Not sure who said it, but I enjoy the game, I enjoy the breaks here and there, who cares if there's not a new event? Most finish it day 1 and go back to Tm farming or barely logging in. We've had a string of crap lately and I understand that. I'm not leaving it, but I can decide if I enjoy this board to stick around here.

I'm going to be honest here. I don't think we're getting anything new this week but I may be wrong as I don't work for Gumi. Based off the text I posted from reddit earlier they were and may still be in damage control mode from the hack. In that post they stated that updating their security is top priority right now. As someone who works in IT this could have gone 1 of 2 ways. They could have taken the servers down for much longer and kept them down until they did a back end infrastructure rework or software/database migrating/patching/upgrading. Another week of this raid is going to suck, without out a doubt it will but I'm happy the game is up and running. I'll give them this week to get this worked out but I do agree they really needed to be a bit more vocal on the matter but as seen below they have not been silent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/72r2dw/new_post_from_ffbe_official_fb_page/

Attention FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans.

We have confirmed that there was an unauthorized access into our systems on 9/21 at 11:00 PDT.

Our investigation into the matter has confirmed that no player data has been negatively altered. Due to this occurrence, we will be tightening security, focusing mainly on our servers and user data.

We will be informing you of any new updated information that comes to light as soon as we know it.

We offer our sincerest apologies to all of our users for any distress this issue may have caused.

Now more than ever, we appreciate your continued support of FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS.

sauce

Okay, so expect nothing new for a second straight week.

Guess it’s just TM farming for me then. Outside of that I just ignore the game.

Maybe I’ll have some super powered DPS units by then, like 1K Landu and 900+ Landu, both with 7k+ HP. :)

RedZaraki

Banned
I'm going to be honest here. I don't think we're getting anything new this week but I may be wrong as I don't work for Gumi. Based off the text I posted from reddit earlier they were and may still be in damage control mode from the hack. In that post they stated that updating their security is top priority right now. As someone who works in IT this could have gone 1 of 2 ways. They could have taken the servers down for much longer and kept them down until they did a back end infrastructure rework or software/database migrating/patching/upgrading. Another week of this raid is going to suck, without out a doubt it will but I'm happy the game is up and running. I'll give them this week to get this worked out but I do agree they really needed to be a bit more vocal on the matter but as seen below they have not been silent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/72r2dw/new_post_from_ffbe_official_fb_page/

Attention FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans.

We have confirmed that there was an unauthorized access into our systems on 9/21 at 11:00 PDT.

Our investigation into the matter has confirmed that no player data has been negatively altered. Due to this occurrence, we will be tightening security, focusing mainly on our servers and user data.

We will be informing you of any new updated information that comes to light as soon as we know it.

We offer our sincerest apologies to all of our users for any distress this issue may have caused.

Now more than ever, we appreciate your continued support of FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS.

sauce

If they REALLY appreciate my support then give me some 5* tickets or up the rainbow rate already.

Muku

GL has taken a hit in fun factor. I think their problem is that events have been lackluster at best. Last couple of raids have just been crap. Mainly for boss, but this raid the rewards on Raid list leave a lot to be desired. I'm just hoping whatever we get next stops being crappy. Be it Mog King or whatever. Last Mog King we had the rewards were pretty awful to. Paid off in end for me as I went on vacation to visit my folks for a couple of weeks. So didn't feel like the rewards were worth it to stress over.

Banners have been pretty lackluster, but don't care about that so much right now. I mean... I would like a damn caster worth a flip, but meh. Nier, in which I didn't even have a need to pull on, rewarded me on both of my accounts. So I've felt even less of a need to pull once OK came around. Which is sad. I wanted OK. But... I know he'll always be there, so that's okay. (It's funny, out of ALL the Rainbows I don't have, the last 2 out of 3 I've gotten have been repeats of what I do have. Gilgamesh and Orlandu.) But I can wait on banners. I'm back to saving.

And while I don't mind breaks in the game... I hate when we get a new event that is just awful. Busting ass over a Raid boss over and over isn't worth it. You'll be doing it many times a day, why bust folks ass over it? I hate wasting time, and that's what some of the Raid stuff has become. I just want events to be fairly entertaining again at least. Maybe even rewards that aren't so meh tastic that you contemplate skipping the whole thing. ...And before anyone says "But you probably have good gear already!", I like collecting the abilities from MK events and stuff. But they've been so awful lately it's not even worth pretending to have a thought to get them. :(

Celegus

Agreed 100% Zera. Communication could be better, but at the same time I understand not wanting to volunteer any more information than necessary. This is horrible for their business, but they need to put out all the fires before we can back to the normal schedule. It sucks, but at least they were able to get it up in a semi working state quickly. I really don't see why they would be purposely insidious, there's just no benefit. They want it back more than any of us do, trust me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
And while I don't mind breaks in the game... I hate when we get a new event that is just awful. Busting ass over a Raid boss over and over isn't worth it. You'll be doing it many times a day, why bust folks ass over it? I hate wasting time, and that's what some of the Raid stuff has become. I just want events to be fairly entertaining again at least. Maybe even rewards that aren't so meh tastic that you contemplate skipping the whole thing. ...And before anyone says "But you probably have good gear already!", I like collecting the abilities from MK events and stuff. But they've been so awful lately it's not even worth pretending to have a thought to get them. :(

This raid should have had better stuff. I didn't mind the Nier raid because I could get characters, moogles, etc., which were useful. This raid has very few things that are useful. I feel like most people are running it for gold, if they are doing it at all. Even the weapons/armor aren't that exciting. Not much point to the raid.

Muku

This raid should have had better stuff. I didn't mind the Nier raid because I could get characters, moogles, etc., which were useful. This raid has very few things that are useful. I feel like most people are running it for gold, if they are doing it at all. Even the weapons/armor aren't that exciting. Not much point to the raid.

I ran to get 10% Moogle and that's pretty much it. It's sad.

I guess this current JP Raid is just spoiling me as well. Rare chance to get regular Moogles too? Yes please. I've already gotten a couple of 1% regular Moogles, a couple of 5%, and 2 or 3 10%.

But in reality events we've had lately have just been so lackluster with rewards. ;_;

GG-Duo

Yeah, I'm not someone that wants to complain and be entitled, but there's some bad balancing here. I feel like if the Crafting stuff is more valuable or unique and the Individual milestone rewards are better, then it would feel less of a grind. The whole point of that stuff is to get a micro-incentive to keep you going, but Pots do not do that at all.

I'm OK with no trust moogles from the raid gacha if they can improve it in other ways.

Alkez

Hey y'all, how's everyone doing (both in game and irl if you care to share lol)?

Been a minute since I've posted. Been in Barcelona and Paris for the last few days. Been playing the game when I can and casually reading the thread.

I see there have been leaks. Looks interesting, but also slightly sad Gumi didn't get to share this information themselves, even though they have been trash of late.

I saw Rob left. I tried to get him to stay but guess it was to no avail. RIP brother.

I see there was no news? So like, is the game dead? Cause that's how it feels right now. Still got JP I guess.

Speaking of JP, got the 5* SO that's not the girl. Assuming he's not great? Either way free light sword for the one winged angel.

On a side note, what have people been playing in GL's absence? For me it's just been fire emblem heroes and JP. Waiting on the PC version of Destiny because 60 FPS lol. Also thinking to pick up Marvel Vs Capcom as it's going for half price in the UK and hoping mods can make that game more aesthetically pleasing.

Sorry for the long post, just had a lot to say lol.

Hey y'all, how's everyone doing (both in game and irl if you care to share lol)?

Been a minute since I've posted. Been in Barcelona and Paris for the last few days. Been playing the game when I can and casually reading the thread.

I see there have been leaks. Looks interesting, but also slightly sad Gumi didn't get to share this information themselves, even though they have been trash of late.

I saw Rob left. I tried to get him to stay but guess it was to no avail. RIP brother.

I see there was no news? So like, is the game dead? Cause that's how it feels right now. Still got JP I guess.

Speaking of JP, got the 5* SO that's not the girl. Assuming he's not great? Either way free light sword for the one winged angel.

On a side note, what have people been playing in GL's absence? For me it's just been fire emblem heroes and JP. Waiting on the PC version of Destiny because 60 FPS lol. Also thinking to pick up Marvel Vs Capcom as it's going for half price in the UK and hoping mods can make that game more aesthetically pleasing.

Sup dude. Divinity Original Sin 2 which I haven't touched yet but I"m a kick starter backer of it, Samus Returns which I just bought yesterday, Destiny 2 since its launch, trying to go flawless in Trials but always end up 7/1 (that one loss is always against others who've gone flawless, thanks bungie!), and the Guild Wars 2 expansion.

This is the first raid I've ran casually, normally in a 2-3 days of a raid I've gotten all the rewards by running elt and spending maybe 300-500 lapis on refills. I think I might have just broken 2 million points lol. Still tm farming at work, FE:H has kind of fallen off for me but I login every day and do a little something. Gumi needs to bounce back hard from this. While I was happy to see them squirm a bit due to the hack I'd rather not lose any more friends here because of it. Some were already on the verge of quitting and this was the nail in the coffin for them. Just wish things were they way they were before Nier :-(

Hope you enjoyed your trip.

While I am not playing FFBE anymore at the moment, I still lurk in the thread. I just started playing the original Nier a few days ago, and that game is...interesting to say the least. I was pretty into Destiny 2 for a couple of weeks, but I haven't touched it in a about a week out of boredom. Once I finish up Nier, hopefully tonight I am going to start on Nioh since all the DLC is out now. After that Automata! I also have been playing WoW a lot lately, trying to get all challenge weapon skins for all classes before the expansion ends which is a pain in the ass.

Muku

Oh, hey! You got Fayt then! :) I have one as well. Enjoying him so far. I had him replace Camille for now. I guess it depends on what you have in group already whether you should build him up. I love his 6* sprite and enjoying him so far in my group. I'd still like to get the 5* lady. I have like 45% or more in Moogle form for her Trust right now. ;_;

Fayt's TM is nice. If you pull enough you'll get his Moogles. I have him at like 60% or so from just the Moogles.

robotuw

Digging into that backlog mostly. I picked up Cook Serve Delicious 2 but I'm waiting for a few more updates to really commit to it. I just beat Rise of the Tomb Raider (fun but forgettable) and now trying to play Valdis Story again but getting stuck on the same boss I did last time (that fire demon in the temple is hard).

RedZaraki

Banned
On non-BE news I'm currently playing FF3 on PSP and Yggdra Union.

Considering playing Sonic Mania for Switch, Octopath Traveler Demo, and hoping to somehow get my hands on a SNES classic this Friday.

You know, if they knew they were going to go another week without a new event or banner, the least they could have done was leave the free daily pull for everyone.

Throw everyone something at least.

Been lazy with the game recently. I haven't tried Sol yet, got the last Esper or done any recent sidequests. Just been daily, raids, expeditions, dailies and TM farming. Basically maintenance mode.

Outside of FFBE, FFRK has gone from similar maintenance mode to resparked interest after a big pull (Edge USB) and new challenging content (Magicite Dungons and finally tackling Torments). Non-Mobile, I've been playing various backlog titles. I beat Dead Rising 3 last night and have been on and off marathoning the early Mana games for the first time (Loved FFA, kinda meh on Sword, looking forward to Secret and SD3). I just got caught up on Gotham and enjoyed it a lot, so I may play Arkham City next.

Kouriozan

I can't like Star Ocean Anamnesis, it's 100% recycled animations from Star Ocean 5 (which I plat-ed = 3 playthrough)
I saw Rain having Fidel's attack and animation, Lasswell w/ Victor ones, argh >.>
And everyone with a sword have the same animations, etc.., I just can't.

Celegus

Yo Alkez, was hoping you were still around so I'm glad you're having fun! Sounds awesome! Heroes of the Storm is still me and the wife's drug of choice, we're getting so pumped to go to Blizzcon in a month! We also just picked up the new season of Life is Strange and loving it! Super highly recommend that if anyone hasn't played it (or the first season, oh man the feels). Finally beat Persona 5 the other day which gets a big ol' meh from me.

Xevren

I can't like Star Ocean Anamnesis, it's 100% recycled animations from Star Ocean 5 (which I plat-ed = 3 playthrough)
I saw Rain having Fidel's attack and animation, Lasswell w/ Victor ones, argh >.>
And everyone with a sword have the same animations, etc.., I just can't.

Jesus you got the plat for Star Ocean? You brave brave soul.

Alkez

Thanks man, was good to get away. Despite living in London all my life I had never been to Paris before. It's a beautiful city, and definitely was a great place for me to get away for a few days.

I know what you mean about the raid. I'm usually done in the first week, somehow I'm only at 1.6mill...going to need to work on it the next few days. This will be the first raid I didn't finish.

Ah good to see you're still around bro. Reminded me that I need to finish Automata. It's an interesting game in terms of story, but if you like games like devil may cry you may find the gameplay a bit simplistic.

Quick off topic discussion but how you finding this NFL season so far? (Muku, Squall etc as well) I need to watch the highlights for last weekend because I was away, but so far it's felt a little meh to me. I dunno what it is, just feels like there a lack of quality this season I guess. Just my opinion though.

O nice. I haven't actually looked at his skills or levelled him yet, I just hadn't seen much talk about him so assumed he wasn't that good. Got him off a free daily so wasn't particularly fussed. Will take a look into to him and see what he can add.

:) Like Hippo even if I quit I'll still lurk around here. It would just be weird to leave this community at this point.

Still jealous you're going to blizzcon haha. I played episode 1 of life is strange and loved it. But because I had to wait for the next episode I never got back into despite having the season pass. Need to get back to finishing that. Really don't like episodic games as that always happens to me.

I've been playing Persona with a friend. We've enjoyed it so far but our big issue with it is the fact that it feels like only a fifth of the 50 hours we've put in so far have been us actually playing the game, and the rest has been us watching the story. At first it was interesting as I love a good story, but after 50 hours it's getting a bit tedious.

Lyrian

Word on the grapevine is that the servers are on lockdown and are on auto-pilot at the moment, from Reddit. Hence, no announcements.

Apparently, the hacker still had access to some parts of the servers and leaked out sensitive internal information about Gumi. Info was so sensitive that the Discord mods nuked everything there. Reddit mods are still allowing discussion of the previous leaked information from the last two days that aren't financial related or otherwise sensitive information. One of the emails discussed the lockdown until security was fixed, but that mail was nuked to oblivion with everything else, so take third-hand information with a metric ton of salt.

Whether maintenance is still happening tonight at the normal time is absolutely anyone's guess at this point whose name isn't Gumi and their lips are sealed at the moment.

RedZaraki

Banned
z7rlA6Bh.png

Just had a 12.5 Million Full Charge Stomp o_O

Word on the grapevine is that the servers are on lockdown and are on auto-pilot at the moment, from Reddit. Hence, no announcements.

Apparently, the hacker still had access to some parts of the servers and leaked out sensitive internal information about Gumi. Info was so sensitive that the Discord mods nuked everything there. Reddit mods are still allowing discussion of the previous leaked information from the last two days that aren't financial related or otherwise sensitive information. One of the emails discussed the lockdown until security was fixed, but that mail was nuked to oblivion with everything else, so take third-hand information with a metric ton of salt.

Whether maintenance is still happening tonight at the normal time is absolutely anyone's guess at this point whose name isn't Gumi and their lips are sealed at the moment.
Very interesting...

There will be a Fan Festa still? They can't possibly do stuff like that in the current state.

I certainly hope so, considering all the plans I had to make my trip happen!

Kouriozan

I saw JP is getting "Wandering Knight Rain" for the 2nd Anniversary IRL event, then give him to all the players for free later... Gumi should do the same with Fan Festa units.

robotuw

Not fully convinced of this. The dude on that post didn't quite seem to know what he was talking about and it would be good to get confirmation from Nazta. But if it's true I guess we should count ourselves lucky we can still play the game at all.

RedZaraki

Banned
Alright, I'm farming three of these for FV, and my two Aileens.

FV had 490 ATK on my status screen.

120% ATK buff from Soleil
+ Boss self debuff Defense
+ Killers from Diabolos and Barette accessory and Man-eater Materia
+ High Roll with Fixed Dice
+ End a double Orlandeau Chain
+ Fire Imperil from Fiery Retribution
+ Fire element added to weapon from Flaming Axe
+ Full Charge Stomp from Uplift

= 12.5 Million Damage from that one hit.

The Orlandeaus did the rest of the damage, I guess.

Boss dies almost 4 times over on turn 2.

Lyrian

There will be a Fan Festa still? They can't possibly do stuff like that in the current state.

As they say, the show must go on.

Besides the small percentage of the population who frequent boards like GAF and /r-FFBE, how many "average" people even know outside of the news post that the servers seemingly may still be under assault? Likely, not many.

Events like Fan Festas take months of planning and preparation, not only on Gumi's side but also at the venues that are hosting them. Breaking contracts with these venues at this point is probably nigh-impossible; it's simply too close to event time for New York.

On top of that, Gumi needs to let the average person know that things are still going "fine" (even if they are not). A fully panicked population would be devastating to the game right now.

Further, as evidenced by the scythe that keeps reaping FFBE-GAFers, Gumi is running a business and will do what is necessary to maximize revenues for stakeholders in the game. As was evidenced by the financials that have been nuked to oblivion, gimping banner draw rates yielded huge dividends for Gumi. Thus, as the population responded "well" (from Gumi's perspective) financially, expect more of this in the future.

With that logic, a new banner has to show up from Gumi's perspective. We know from the leaks that the FF11 banner is a complete dud, thus why Orlandu was summoned to fill in the gap until the Ayaka banner. The lack of a new banner/event means lost potential revenues, which are highly unacceptable to Gumi. Every day from Friday, onward, that a new banner does not show up, revenues are being lost. Gumi will move at some point to install a new banner, even in high-risk environments. Management won't tolerate stalling for very long, if even at all.

Lyrian knows what’s up.

No featured banner on Friday will be terrible for Gumi’s bottom line, there will be no desire for 1/2 price pulls and no whaling for new units/top tier units.

Top Bottom