• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Update: Estimated Completion Time
According to the progress of the fixes currently being implemented, emergency maintenance is estimated to be completed by 【10/3 9:00 AM PDT】.

About 30 minutes

across

oh come on Gumi.
why you have to nerf back Sparky damage variance?

i feel pretty pissed, just when i though I can rely on her again. This happen.

It is like they don't want anything to do with Doublehand.
And prefer everyone to focus on chainer meta.

pretty pretty disappointing.

Fixing something that is not broken.

But it was broken (as evidenced by them changing it back) and it would be broken if it continued.

It was 50% extra damage. Not ATK, damage, as in at the end of the damage calculation. This damage variance was also applied to the weapon in your offhand, so you could equip Aigaion's Arm or another high ATK weapon and benefit from that 50% damage on something with huge base ATK.

This persisting not only gives enormous advantages to anyone who pulled Olive or Reberta, it also penalizes people who joined later in the game and couldn't obtain any of the other weapons that got that variance. Take a look at the list and tell me how many of them are obtainable today. The answer is 2 - Sparky and Crimson Blood.

HP buffs to GL content? Lightning resist added to counteract Sparky's innate element? Maybe, maybe not. We'll never know, because it's dead. Good. I have two Olives, so I have a horse in the race, so to speak, and it was fun to see her hit like a truck, but units have lifespans, and when people are measuring the distance between unenhanced Olive and enhanced Luneth in milimetres, I really don't know what anyone expected.

The idea that the 1h damage variance was somehow separate from the 'chainer meta' is also not correct because people were mathing out what kind of chain caps Olive and FV and a speculative Balthier could get with Sparky+[Aigaion Arm/Other High ATK weapon). Spoilers: it was a lot of damage.

Yeah it kind of sucks that they accidentally put it in on some 'look what you could have!' shit but forget it Jake, it's Gumitown.

Just shrug and keep TMR farming

Yup. All I was doing before was TMR farming and dailies. If they want to take the game down and then give me lapis/NRG compensation, I don't really see how I lose out.

OG players, what if it comes back and it's still a buggy mess, how high is the tolerance with mobile games?

My tolerance of any mobile game directly corresponds to how much fun I am having with the game. If the most fun I’m having is pulling then I need to quit, happened with FFBE before I rerolled my first paid account. Best decision I ever made and have been having fun since.

Can’t have fun with the game if I can’t play, so the more they have this shitty maintenance, the less I want to play.

I’m still in, generally,, because I have been incredibly lucky with my pulls since Nier. If I had been having terrible luck it’s no likely I would be here.

OG players, what if it comes back and it's still a buggy mess, how high is the tolerance with mobile games?

This has been the last straw, especially since the thread is now 95% JP players talking about how much they’re enjoying themselves. (Which is good! I’m happy for them and, without that, it’d just be bugs, maintenance, and gacha talk all the time.)

But yeah. I think it’s a fool’s proposition to spend another cent on this game. They couldn’t use Nier profits to hire some QA guys? I don’t even mean the hacking, I mean “MAP_TEXT” and “TBD” in dialogue.

Pejo

Gold Member
I've played many - many Gacha games over the past few years, and I have to say despite all the BS Gumi throws at us and bad rates and all of that, this game is still one of the best for delivering meaningful content. Every 2 weeks for the past year + we've gotten solid events, things to do in the game besides stare at our characters. It's also been incredibly stamina friendly for the past few months. I have more refill pots than I know what to do with, and I never don't have stamina if I want to play the game. After playing Fate:GO for a few months, I realize how important that is.

Anyways, there's been a lot of doom and gloom with the game the past few weeks, but I'm really excited for the latest patch to be fixed and see a good layout of all the new stuff it added. I'm still not even done with the story and I'm having a great time finishing it.

I'm finally over the anger about the BS Nier strategy, and my resolve to drastically reduce spending is already underway.

Anyways, blog post and all that, but just throwing it out there that some people are still with the game.

robotuw

and we're back. After 12 hours of unscheduled maintenance Gumi has surely fixed every issue the game ever had. Now all we need is for Gumi to get hacked again tomorrow so we can start this whole song and dance over again.

Edit: Now getting connection issues. Can't get in after downloading the patch data.

Black screen issue still not fixed, I still have to go in and turn off phone permissions

It still says maintenance for me. Guess it’s rolling server updates.

And that’s absurd.

I may just wait until the weekend. I just want to finish season 1, dammit. I’m one of the few who gets into the story (father-son stuff gets me every time).

Rixa

Every people has different problem. I have only this:

Screenshot_20171003-185808.png

Prolly traffic for me. But you others with black screens :(

vato_loco

Every people has different problem. I have only this:

Prolly traffic for me. But you others with black screens :(

Gave me the same screen after fighting in Arena, booted me right off. It's probably all of the people flooding back in, it'll stabilize in a while.

Syntsui

Oh Gumi... I really want to not shit on you but this is embarassing >.>

That compensation is nice though. I've been farming TMs for a month straight and my lapis stash actually went up lol.

Only gatchas I play are FFBE and FE:H. The game being down doesn't bother me as it's not the only game I play. Between Guild Wars 2, Destiny 2, my 3DS and the mega back log of games I have and the time I have to spend with my family it really doesn't bother me. I'd much rather have them take what ever measures to fix the game than to leave it broken. With that said, gumi isn't getting any more cash from me.

Rixa

I was in. Got to main screen, then went to inbox -> Data retrieval...

And now:

Screenshot_20171003-191339.png

Not sure if my daily login registered or not, couldn't do anything there except click inbox.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I was in. Got to main screen, then went to inbox -> Data retrieval...

And now:

Not sure if my daily login registered or not, couldn't do anything there except click inbox.

Same...

I dont even know how to react anymore to be honest. Hmm...lol.

Syntsui

So, compensation on top of the previous compensation? @,@

They might as well just give us JP daily model that gives like 1k lapis per week.

cw_sasuke

Is the JPN version as buggy as the Global release...or is this a Global "feature" ?

At this point I’m convinced Gumi’s staff is basically made up of Shaly, a guy to eyeball the localization Alim provides, and one IT intern to push commits and man the servers. 🤔

I feel bad for the IT guy, unless he’s the one who gave us Eve.

LucaMac

So how do you go about making a JP account?

Download Qoapp...you can get and update the game from within that. That's Android, no idea re IOS if that's your system...

Good time to start. Second anniversary just got underway and the CG story characters are all up for grabs guaranteed as rainbows on their banners. Can get a very solid team if you rush through everything, which is very doable as EVERYTHING is currently half energy, even the vortex...

Kouriozan

We know from before that the BE GL code is a big mess and the guy(s) who did it left so Gumi is pretty much f*cked if they don't copy/paste from JP.

cw_sasuke

At this rate, the New York Fan Festa will be on maintenance as well.
lol

The only bug I faced on JP was when they accidently gave the players 10 more tickets than they should.

Damn. Would now be a good time to start a JPN account ? lol
I probably couldnt do it but man Global is killing me right now...just when i was a bit more positive about the game again they manage to screw up something again in less thann two days.

LucaMac

lol

Damn. Would now be a good time to start a JPN account ? lol
I probably couldnt do it but man Global is killing me right now...just when i was a bit more positive about the game again they manage to screw up something again in less thann two days.

See above. Second anniversary just started... Well worth a bit of a dive in. Its definitely getting more attention from me than global recently. Been Japan side since May...

robotuw

At this rate, the New York Fan Festa will be on maintenance as well.

At this rate it's going to turn into the Pokemon Go Fest everyone loved so much.

I'm on iOS so I can't play JP away from my computer. I'd love to practice my Japanese but if I'm at my computer I'd rather play a real game. It's global or nothing for me, leaning towards nothing these days.

Top Bottom