• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Shouta

Beach Time Fina is one of the better TMRs for healers since the best healers are female characters. Only the Rainbow Robe (Marie) and Minerva Bustier (Celes) are better in GL, at least off the top of my head.

vato_loco

So Veritas - Earth Edition is really good. BTF's TM is good and just about everything else is trash. And I should immediately erase Bedile and rub some alcohol on my account, just in case.

Rixa

I want more maintenance. Also Iam swimming in nrg pots.

Screenshot_20171003-211840.png

SeanTSC

Beach Time Fina is one of the better TMRs for healers since the best healers are female characters. Only the Rainbow Robe (Marie) and Minerva Bustier (Celes) are better in GL, at least off the top of my head.

It's up there for Clothes slot for SPR.

Fina's Swimsuit: 18 Def, 50 Spr, 30% Water Resist, Auto-Regen
Minerva Bustier: 47 Def, 45 Spr, 30% Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Wind Resist
Apron Dress: 49 Def, 49 Spr, 30% Atk w/ Guns

Robes:
Sara's Robe: 15 Def, 20 Mag, 55 Spr, 30% Wind Resist
Rainbow Robe: 45 Def, 45 Mag, 45 Spr, 30% Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Water, Earth, Light
Siren's Robe: 30 Def, 40 Mag, 40 Spr, Null Silence and Sleep

So yeah, Fina's Swimsuit is a pretty good SPR item.

So Veritas - Earth Edition is really good. BTF's TM is good and just about everything else is trash. And I should immediately erase Bedile and rub some alcohol on my account, just in case.

Ingus has one of the best TMs in the game. Jack's is up there too. I wish I had more Jacks done.

vato_loco

It's up there for Clothes slot for SPR.

Fina's Swimsuit: 18 Def, 50 Spr, 30% Water Resist, Auto-Regen
Minerva Bustier: 47 Def, 45 Spr, 30% Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Wind Resist
Apron Dress: 49 Def, 49 Spr, 30% Atk w/ Guns

Robes:
Sara's Robe: 15 Def, 20 Mag, 55 Spr, 30% Wind Resist
Rainbow Robe: 45 Def, 45 Mag, 45 Spr, 30% Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Water, Earth, Light
Siren's Robe: 30 Def, 40 Mag, 40 Spr, Null Silence and Sleep

So yeah, Fina's Swimsuit is a pretty good SPR item.

Ingus has one of the best TMs in the game. Jack's is up there too. I wish I had more Jacks done.
I see. I'm not in a position to start farming TM's yet (I'd rather finish the story first and get me that sweet, sweet 100% moggle), but I'm definitely locking those three for farming, then.

Bedile must die, though.

Vashetti

Banned
https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/letter-from-the-producer/915240458637835/

Letter from the Producer

FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS·TUESDAY, 3 OCTOBER 2017

We deeply apologize to all of our users for the unauthorized access incident and various crashes which have happened over the past week.

We would now like to explain the state of things as they are.

Concerning the unauthorized access, as credit card info, Facebook passwords and so forth are not stored within the game, there have been no leaks regarding this information. We have also taken steps to prevent further incidents by boosting our security, as well as rethinking our method of server surveillance.

We have also filed reports with the appropriate law enforcement agencies, and are performing thorough investigations on all fronts.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience all of this may have caused.

Next, we would like to go over the various crashes and so forth which occurred following the launch of our newest version (2.3.0).

The following bugs occurred following the app's update.

1. App crashes
2. Corrupt menu text
3. Bugs where chests were inaccessible on event maps
4. Sheratan in the Chamber of Arms was not behaving as expected

The app was updated to version 2.3.1 on 10/2 at 10:00 PDT
(The iOS version has yet to appear in the store. Please wait a little longer for it to appear.)

By updating to the version above,

1. app crashes,
2. corrupt menu text
should be fixed.

If you are experiencing any bugs, we strongly suggest that you update your app.

Please contact our Support Team if your problems persist, and/or you need assistance in restoring your data. Customer service can be accessed from a button in the upper right hand corner of the title screen. You can also contact our Support Team by accessing the following URL and clicking on the CONTACT US button.

www.finalfantasyexvius.com/support

Also,

3. Bugs where chests were inaccessible on event maps
4. Sheratan in the Chamber of Arms was not behaving as expected issues have been taken care of through emergency maintenance.

Any issues that we were unable to fix during our emergency maintenance will be taken care of during our scheduled maintenance on 10/5.

We apologize for this extended maintenance. The bugs which have arisen thus far have been mainly the result of insufficient debugging on our part. There was also a lack of thoroughness on the part of the operational side during the version update check. We will be sincerely rethinking how we handle things, and reconstructing our methods.

We deeply apologize to all of our players for the various bugs they have experienced, as well as the many times they have been forced to install and update the app.

As an apology for all the trouble caused by these bugs, we will be compensating all of our users at a later date. And not only will we be handing out gifts to our users, we are also working diligently to introduce fun new events so that all our users can continue to enjoy the game.

We sincerely apologize to all of our players for the inconveniences these issues have caused.

We greatly appreciate your continued support of FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS.

Hiroki Fujimoto
Producer of FFBE Global Version

A letter from the producer got pushed, that's new and different.
Sounds like major operational mishaps and screw ups. Glad to see someone finally stepping in. Wonder what the compensation will be...

They really need to get this under control. I'm just losing patience with gacha games in general. Starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

vato_loco

Good letter, producer-san. I like how they are finally coming clean about things and have an actual human being behind the keyboard. I know he still has some PR people behind him giving him the overused PR-friendly keywords we all know and hate, but it's still pretty sweet.

I'm having no troubles so far. Burning through mi NRG to keep the story going, Arena fighting, Colosseum when I don't see anyone even remotely close to my Rank in Arena, and all. So far, so stable.

Pejo

Gold Member
I want more maintenance. Also Iam swimming in nrg pots.

I can't even accept the compensation or some of my expedition rewards because of all the NRG pots, lol. Looks like I'll be doing some overnight TM'ing for the next few days.

RedZaraki

Banned
As an apology for all the trouble caused by these bugs, we will be compensating all of our users at a later date. And not only will we be handing out gifts to our users, we are also working diligently to introduce fun new events so that all our users can continue to enjoy the game.

Sounds like there will be more compensation coming later on as well.

Pejo

Gold Member
Cool to finally address the stuff going on.

It always makes me laugh when they give in-game notices about not being able to connect to the game though, like for the iOS notice that the new version isn't yet available.

Alkez

That's honestly a really nice letter. It didn't sugarcoat anything. Poor Gumi. 😔
Good letter, producer-san. I like how they are finally coming clean about things and have an actual human being behind the keyboard. I know he still has some PR people behind him giving him the overused PR-friendly keywords we all know and hate, but it's still pretty sweet.

Agreed. Was good to see them come forward and it actually feel genuine and honest.

Muku

For your team you'll easily be able to clear it. One of my runs was with your Sakura. I basically use Nichol's mag boosting skill every round and use a combination of skills from the two Sakura's to clear the waves (I can tell you exactly what I use if you need it). The other 3 units do regular attacks as Nichol's move increases LB rate (150%). You can also use lid, Jake, or lasswell to debuff spr on certain rounds as well if need be. On the final round I chain Sakura's LB with another Nichol boost.

I ranked up again after that run where I fell asleep (lmao) which makes 3 rank ups in 36 hours. It's insane atm.

I know what you mean about the time sink, that's why I'm glad I found that I could do the 20 NRG run, as it's saving a ton of irl time. As I say, you'll easily be able to do it with your Sakura, and as you have Nichol you can run full bonus as you only need those two and a friend Sakura.

I tried it yesterday before your reply... and it was tough. But I was also kind of treating it like the previous one. My problem is I just don't have the gear though. Not yet. Not for casters. I mean, Sakura has all the decent caster stuff I have right now. Even did some swapsies on her earlier realizing I hadn't updated her with stuff I'd gotten since I last used her. Plus swapped Esper. I've gotten all Espers I have up to this point (Up to Odin or so?) capped. So she'd been using Shiva while Shiva was top dog. And before I got Ramuh.

I ended up using 200 Lapis just to get through it. :/ Got a ridiculous amount, but to be honest, at rate I'm running lower end it's not horrible either. In fact, I know it won't even take me close to the two weeks to get the 350k I will need for everything I want. :3 Of course leveling like crazy (TWO times yesterday!) is totally helping.

- First night I spent just a couple hours burning my NRG I'd built up from Raid stuff. That yielded ~30k currency.

- Yesterday I spent my morning burning all my NRG after leveling. Anyway, after all day, and getting really lucky on some bonus stuff, I ended the night with ~179k currency.

- Only spent my morning 101 NRG. At ~220k? or so right now. I'm like a little over 3k from leveling. AGAIN! (NO COMPLAINTS! I love it haha.) So today I might be rolling darn near close to getting everything I want.

[JP] Ahh. Today's free pull was Victoria. Already have. But will take for that TM. Spent another 8k FP I gathered to get them little Moogles. Gimme gimme gimme.

So how do you go about making a JP account?

I just made a JP iTunes account. I have to swap from my US one to JP when it gets updated, but that's not often. I wanted to play on iPad, but also depends if you want to play on computer or what.

If you or anyone else makes a JP account, my number is: 600,208,649

Running a CG Sakura right now for the event. :)

I also changed my name to romanji a while back. I used to have it in katakana, but I figured for ease of recognizing for folks who are unable to read (I do have GAF in my note too though), I just changed it so everyone can read.

That letter is interesting. Compensation? How about some 5* tickets. But only in conjunction with the rainbow increase please. And new fun events would be nice.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Lol - they say they do, but rarely does it actually happen. "Huge deliverable due next week? I don't give a shit about code reviews, just get it done!"

Only time they reviewed it full at my lab was if it was used in a major project with dozens of hands in play. If it was anything small, a minute pass and on to something more important.

And I'm calling bullshit on Gumi. The compensation is shit for the game being unplayable for a week. The new event is bugged for me, it has not worked on my PC, I've had to re-flush data several times to get rid of errors and it crashes like a mofo on my phone even.

Improved rainbow rate and a 5* ticket. Not joking either. Anything else is shit.

Xion86

Seeing a couple of new names here, feel free to add me if you haven’t already :)

MH7A8dkl.png

So I’m actually enjoying this timed Exploration...:/

robotuw

Oh yeah, if anyone doesn't have me yet let me know. Using a 1116 atk A2 atm. I still need to send an invite to someone for that rookie reward.

Syntsui

Cool words, but if they fuck up the next maintenance tomorrow and Ayaka event is botched they will pretty much lose all potential new players that are amidst this madness.

I'm looking forward to these cool events to make up for the fuck ups but if they simply follow the leaked schedule... Well, you are a fucking liar.

Muku

W. T. F. Is the Forgotten Walls Exploration quest Defend the Falling Walls broken? I cannot seem to get the fights to trigger. Urgh. I hate redoing Explorations when I could have gotten everything done in ONE ROUND.

Vashetti

Banned
Is there a time limit for the Rookie Quests?

I believe they're meant to be a permanent feature. As you'll notice, a lot of the quests are related to zones in the first few islands of the main story.

It's intended to be done as you progress through the story, but as we've all done it it's backtracking.

I assume another tier of (slightly) harder quests will be added in the future.

Kouriozan

I thought they would come back to see the broken mess but hey, we'll miss you guys. (+ Hippo who removed everyone in his list)

w5Yyuhgl.jpg

Guess I'll need new friends : 464,761,570

sooo..
I've got my wol sorted out for now!
I think that the only "modification" that I should do, change from hill dagger to rasler's tm..
anything else I should change to make my wal a king amongst wols?

if this is satisfactory, my next go-to char will be... advice gaf:
1) ultimate magic caster featuring dark fina (or emperor) --> quest for ultimate magic caster :p
TP is:

Dark Fina 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Left Hand: Malboro's Tentacle +20ATK+118MAG+50%M.Damge-Demons/Plants
Head: Trick Hat +35MAG/SPR+15%MP
Body: Dark Robe +35DEF+55MAG+20SPR+30%Dark
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Dark Bond +30%MAGw/Rod +20%MAGw/Robe
Ability 3: Rod Mastery +50%MAG w/ Rod
Ability 4: Sworn Six's Pride Water +40%SPRw/Staff+40%MAGw/Rod
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 34 SPR: 26
Esper: Tetra Sylphid HP:4000 MP:5400 ATK:2600 DEF:2000 MAG:6000 SPR:3500
Total Stats: HP: 4288 MP: 423 ATK: 206 DEF: 201 MAG: 1004 SPR: 336
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 0% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 30% M. Counter: 0%

2) Pimp my Tilith --> generic build
Tilith 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Hero's Shield +48DEF+20%AllEleResistance
Head: Cat-ear Hood +25MAG/SPR+20%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Light
Body: Vestment of Mind +40DEF+35SPR+3%MPRecovery
Accessory 1: Soluna Band +20%HP/DEF+25%Light/Dark Resistance
Accessory 2: Ribbon +5MAG+5SPR+100%Status Resistance
Ability 1: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
Ability 2: HP +30% +30%HP
Ability 3: HP +30% +30%HP
Ability 4: Mentality +20%MP +30%SPR
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 34
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3200 MP:5700 ATK:1800 DEF:3200 MAG:4300 SPR:6000
Total Stats: HP: 6077 MP: 402 ATK: 148 DEF: 278 MAG: 250 SPR: 407

3) Pimp my Tilith --> elemental res build
Tilith 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Hero's Shield +48DEF+20%AllEleResistance
Head: Cat-ear Hood +25MAG/SPR+20%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Light
Body: Minerva Bustier +47DEF+45SPR+30%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Wind
Accessory 1: Soluna Band +20%HP/DEF+25%Light/Dark Resistance
Accessory 2: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Ability 1: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
Ability 2: Pure Heart +15%HP/MP +20%SPR
Ability 3: Melody of Life +20%All Elemental Resistance
Ability 4: Patriotic Recall +30%HP+20%DEF+50%Light
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 34
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3200 MP:5700 ATK:1800 DEF:3200 MAG:4300 SPR:6000
Total Stats: HP: 6236 MP: 390 ATK: 148 DEF: 325 MAG: 245 SPR: 412
(to tweak based on dark resist need)

ninja-edited
Sorry dude, I thought it was you but you're still posting so I doubted it. What do you think of this trainwreck?

Oh it was me that removed everyone, I just did it to make sure I don't play anymore or until I am ready to come back which will happen eventually. I haven't really paid much attention to what is going on outside of a few of my co-worker friends that sit within 15 feet of me talking about it, and I honestly just laughed. Seems like I stopped playing at a good time, but after reading the letter from the Producer or whatever, I hope that means they really are going to start treating Global players and the game better because they deserve it. Bring 3% rates, and I am back.

Kouriozan

Oh it was me that removed everyone, I just did it to make sure I don't play anymore or until I am ready to come back which will happen eventually. I haven't really paid much attention to what is going on outside of a few of my co-worker friends that sit within 15 feet of me talking about it, and I honestly just laughed. Seems like I stopped playing at a good time, but after reading the letter from the Producer or whatever, I hope that means they really are going to start treating Global players and the game better because they deserve it. Bring 3% rates, and I am back.
I see, you're right and hope to see you back in-game too, when things will get better (and rainbow rates increase).

Syntsui

It's so simple, bring the 3% rates and everyone will shut up and drop thousands on banners like nothing happened.

I can't really do that anymore but at least people will have something to talk about other than the problems.

robotuw

sooo..
I've got my wol sorted out for now!

I think that the only "modification" that I should do, change from hill dagger to rasler's tm..
anything else I should change to make my wal a king amongst wols?

Here's mine:

I went for more pure hp and some resistance over the spr. Kinda depends on what you're using him for. Mine will get shredded by magic bosses but he's indestructible with everything else.

Alkez

Cool words, but if they fuck up the next maintenance tomorrow and Ayaka event is botched they will pretty much lose all potential new players that are amidst this madness.

There's more maintenance tomorrow as well?? Man it never ends.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's so simple, bring the 3% rates and everyone will shut up and drop thousands on banners like nothing happened.

I can't really do that anymore but at least people will have something to talk about other than the problems.

That would be the most sensible solution after the past 2 months of fuck ups. Between the shit rates with Nier, poor banners, connection issues, hack, and in general bugs galore.

But rather, they would still try to drag it out.

Honestly, I hope the Ayaka banner tanks.

Top Bottom