• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Ken

This story addition is pretty big. Burned all my NRG on it efficiently and yet I've still not finished it. Now over 15k lapis too as a result! Speaking of which, when I go rainbow chasing is there a better way to start? Like do you have a better chance via tickets, lapis, ex tickets or that 10+1 ticket? Is there any difference in rates at all?

I think 10+1 has the higher chance of rainbow vs 11 tickets. 5* EX ticket has the highest though. :p

Syntsui

This story addition is pretty big. Burned all my NRG on it efficiently and yet I've still not finished it. Now over 15k lapis too as a result! Speaking of which, when I go rainbow chasing is there a better way to start? Like do you have a better chance via tickets, lapis, ex tickets or that 10+1 ticket? Is there any difference in rates at all?
The better way is pulling at 5am while taking a shit, if it's a rainy day it pretty much guarantees a rainbow.

it doesn't matter, it's 1%
chance for every single crystal that appears on your screen. Be it tickets, daily or eleven at the same time.

Considering you have a guaranteed gold with the eleven pull, you have a higher chance there but only because of the guaranteed gold as each gold has 5% chance to become a rainbow

I think 10+1 has the higher chance of rainbow vs 11 tickets. 5* EX ticket has the highest though. :p

Unfortunately I'll never see a true ex ticket. Strictly f2p so I just have the 10 they dished out for the fan event. I'll have to bear that in mind though. I guess when Cloud launches I'm best to burn my Lapis before having to resort to tickets.

Ken

Unfortunately I'll never see a true ex ticket. Strictly f2p so I just have the 10 they dished out for the fan event. I'll have to bear that in mind though. I guess when Cloud launches I'm best to burn my Lapis before having to resort to tickets.

It's like single digits of difference so it shouldn't dissuade you from popping tickets first tbh.

Lol!!!!!!!!!!! So here I am Tilith reviving every turn because she infinite MP and won't get targeted.

Doing the tiniest bit of damage to the right arm as it kills 3 or 4 people every turn.

Just when it's low, the left arm HEALS IT?!!!????

I thought we were supposed to kill the right arm first!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaarrrrrtrrggggggggg.

Fuck this. I'll come back to it when I have proper DPS.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Still deciding if I want to go thru it with two left arms down.

Rem is there to die.

Freys to damage

WoL to jerk off

Tilith to heal

zzzzzz

It is pretty funny how tanky my Tilith is. I go without healing every 3 turns and she is still above 2k.

Alkez

Yeah so, I can't do enough damage with my Frey's to the body it seems. While with my current party, I don't seem to be losing either.

What's your Frye build? Because mine is pretty much a f2p build. And my friend Frye didn't have machine killer on.

Alkez

Like 690 MAG?
No Machine Killer...forgot about it.

Hmm I think it's still doable without machine killer as long as you debuff spr (and maybe occasionally buff mag). Mine is only 790 with machine killer, and my friend unit was like 800 without it.

If you do the previous trial first and get rod mastery you can use that, equip rod, and Draco spike if you have one. That should get your Frye to a decent level. Partnered with Qon's or Rob's or the other strong Fryes here you'll do enough damage.

Syntsui

Lol!!!!!!!!!!! So here I am Tilith reviving every turn because she infinite MP and won't get targeted.

Doing the tiniest bit of damage to the right arm as it kills 3 or 4 people every turn.

Just when it's low, the left arm HEALS IT?!!!????

I thought we were supposed to kill the right arm first!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaarrrrrtrrggggggggg.

Fuck this. I'll come back to it when I have proper DPS.
It heals 500k on the 50% threshold and 2m on the 30%.

Yes,it is a grind. I don't advise bothering with this trial without Fryevia or Aileen unless you have a lot of time to do it.

Dandte

Instead of trying to kill the robo i decided to burn my ex tickets...

i know i know, there are no blues in the pool i don't have, we still have the 1% rate and so on. I should wait for new banner and hope to get lucky with random pulls...well yep you are right.

My pulls got me all the good stuff like vivi, sabin, gilbert, olevia, charlotte, garland, fang, 2 blue->gold lukas, a direct gold gafgarion and i accidentally used my base 4* ex ticket....another luka. 3 Lukas in 11 pulls...

Well not that my pulls would have been better with a larger pool haha. Grats to everyone wo defeated the robo!

Visceir

Experimenting around with Noctis DH/LB build on GL. Ideally it would allow me to spam LB every 2 turns and keep the 74% stat buffs up while doing plenty dmg each turn.

This build works better on JP though, where the LB also unlocks his 1000% dmg skill, so you could just alternate between the 1000% dmg skill and LB, while keeping up 124% stat buffs.

It's a fun build idea but I don't really see much practical use for it in the foreseeable future.

fCTyyXj.png

Omg ...... I just kept reviving and plugging away. Right Arm DEAD!!!!!!!

now if the left doesn't do anything crazy here.......

Aaaaaaaand beat it. Somehow did not get the don't use magic , actually Rikkus full revive is magic isn't it? Should've known. Oh well!

This was 15-20 minutes into the fight,

20232115_10156415580473989_2875135306346103080_o.jpg

And it took me god damn an hour and thirty minutes after THAT POINT to finally win.

Holy hell. Weirdest battle I've ever had in Exvius. THANK GOODNESS for Tilith. She was the true MVP with the full team revives. Could never have done it without her. So glad I went ahead and pulled hard for her like everyone said to do. Jeeezzzz

Celegus

Wow I actually cleared Robot first try with all achievements! Decided to go full YOLO on it because toodling around for 4 hours didn't sound fun.

Luneth (enhanced, fire + machine killer)
Tidus (fire)
Tidus (fire)
Rikku (4 Jack TMs - sharing her if anyone needs her)
Tilith
Yoshi's Zarga (I didn't realize he has Brotherhood equipped and has a counter... so I got smashed by Electromagnetic counter a few times)

Zarga was actually extremely useful with his Hero's Crest, allowing me to choose who would eat the autokill so that I didn't have to worry about Rikku being ready every turn (and Tidus could entrust her if needed). He was the highest ATK unbuffed (just over 1000) which let Luneth and Tidus do their thing, even though he never attacked. Luneth was hitting for around 600k per hit, so 1.2m plus whatever the Tidus chains were doing (not a ton).

That was really fun and had a few scary moments, but it definitely went better than I was expecting!

Xion86

Okay, finally picked my team for Aigaion and heads them up. Going in with Tilith, Rikku, Noctis, Aileen, Warrior of Light and hoping for friend Aileen. Quite late here now so I'll try one fight and then go back to it tomorrow.

Big congratulations to those who got through it today! Was not expecting so many people to clear this after all the scary build up. Good to hear.

Syntsui

I'm liking DKC, even though his potential lies with DH builds. My Soul Eater is not even +2 yet and I'm getting 8m combos from Ultima chains.

Hopefully I'll have enough Alcrysts to maximize him tomorrow so I can see if I can reach at least 15m. When Victoria comes though... My body won't be ready.

robotuw

I'm liking DKC, even though his potential lies with DH builds. My Soul Eater is not even +2 yet and I'm getting 8m combos from Ultima chains.

Hopefully I'll have enough Alcrysts to maximize him tomorrow so I can see if I can reach at least 15m. When Victoria comes though... My body won't be ready.

DKC is the first enhancement I've been tempted by. Maybe I'll see how my Victoria pulls go first.

Doctor_No

Yoshi's Zarga (I didn't realize he has Brotherhood equipped and has a counter... so I got smashed by Electromagnetic counter a few times)

Zarga was actually extremely useful with his Hero's Crest, allowing me to choose who would eat the autokill so that I didn't have to worry about Rikku being ready every turn (and Tidus could entrust her if needed). He was the highest ATK unbuffed (just over 1000) which let Luneth and Tidus do their thing, even though he never attacked. Luneth was hitting for around 600k per hit, so 1.2m plus whatever the Tidus chains were doing (not a ton).

That was really fun and had a few scary moments, but it definitely went better than I was expecting!

Congrats on your win!

And sorry about my Zarg's Brotherhood, it was built before this Robot trail came up. I switched the weapon out, but the weapon strength dropped from 1001 to 900 ATK, but I added in another Wisdom to get his HP to 9,100 for any one else that wanted to use him.

I'll switch him out to a different friend unit tomorrow either way.

8 hours, but it can be slimmed down to 5-6 if you get the right arm before the left one and you have saintly patience. Orlandu is not supposed to be used here, he is trash. Either go with Fryevia/Aileen or don't even bother.

If you go all in with 1k Orlandu each, I can see this being possible to do really fast, but good luck managing that with the ressurections and stuff. I went as safe as possible so it was very tedious.

Ugh, that sucks.

No Freyvia or Eileen.

Emilbus

Congrats everyone who took down Mr Robot so quickly. I'll get there some day; just need to work on my TMRs.

So I woke up and for whatever reason decided I wanted to try and get Ashe before the banner went away. Spent a couple tickets with no luck. Had to remind myself that the Nier banner was coming up. Ended up using the free 4* Ex ticket for one last try and got her!

The whole anniversary month has helped a lot with stock piling my resources again after going pretty hard on Tillith (and not getting her). Mainly a F2P player so it's all about managing my resources (and myself).

So yea - completed it myself, mostly. Didn't get No Magic requirement (still can't figure out why). But it took me about 45 minutes (and 6 attempts I'd say) until I found the right team and got in a groove.

WOL, Rikku, Tilith, 2 Fryevia (1 a companion) and...King!

I started with Maxwell for her reraise; after dying a few times I decided to try Zarg and see if his buffs would help me out, but it wasn't sustainable.

Finally I decided to try King - his reraise ability is 18 MP compared to Maxwell's 45 for Sacred Song. With pistols/innate DW I was able to ensure he was the highest ATK unit and he even countered some dmg on the body for LB crystals, which helped in a pinch a time or two. In the end, I got the body and right arm down to slivers but actually killed the body first. Right arm came next after a few turns (it healed a bit, I guess?).

Once you get those 2 down, which is a FEAT, it was just cake. Raising King to make sure he ate the wipe, and chaining Fryevia's etc did the left arm in in about 4 turns.

Also, might I suggest bringing some of the new potion items from expeditions? They helped me big a few times where I needed to heal MP (other than Tilith, who had total refresh going on) to the entire party.

Probably won't try for no magic any time soon. I really just wanted to get the mastery and the fist so I can take it for a spin on O-man. May be able to break 1000 ATK!

tuffymon

Zarg survives the left's arm attack with his Last Stand and I can see this being cheesed with an evade build, I'm not insane to test it but it should work if you guys wanna try and have the TMs for it.

Interesting idea, I didn't even think about that. Wouldn't the move only work 1x and not again for the fight? Or is it just 1x every time his hp is over 10%? I was thinking of using Noctis for the initial hit with an evade build, so once the left arm's dead normal attacks won't harm and have that rng flavor. Plan on trying this at work tonight, so I have a little bit of info learning and adjusting.

Syntsui

Interesting idea, I didn't even think about that. Wouldn't the move only work 1x and not again for the fight? Or is it just 1x every time his hp is over 10%? I was thinking of using Noctis for the initial hit with an evade build, so once the left arm's dead normal attacks won't harm and have that rng flavor. Plan on trying this at work tonight, so I have a little bit of info learning and adjusting.
It would trigger every time he resurrects, which is good enough specially for the arms.

Provoke, tank all non AoE attacks, use whatever your team needs (buff, mana, or attack for crystals), dies, resurrects, repeat.

When the body is dead this should trivialize the arms as they only have ST attacks and it would give you a lot of room to breath and drain them out.

Celegus

Whoa she looks pretty sweet for him. Shouldn't be too far off either it looks like, and a pretty nice banner overall if it stays the same.

Ken

trickiest part with leaving arms up is if you get an enraged right arm ATK buffing both arms. the ST attacks can easily drop multiple party members. the DEF is also a huge pain for physical teams.

It would trigger every time he resurrects, which is good enough specially for the arms.

Provoke, tank all non AoE attacks, use whatever your team needs (buff, mana, or attack for crystals), dies, resurrects, repeat.

When the body is dead this should trivialize the arms as they only have ST attacks and it would give you a lot of room to breath and drain them out.

That would be incredible. Wish I had him!

tillith has aoe dispel that isn't magic

To busy reviving everyone about 1000 times over. I'll go for the no magic some other time!

trickiest part with leaving arms up is if you get an enraged right arm ATK buffing both arms. the ST attacks can easily drop multiple party members. the DEF is also a huge pain for physical teams.

This was the hell I endured. The only reason I pulled out the win, besides the revive goddess, was because Tidus has innate evasion. The only turns I was able to retaliate was when he'd dodge a punch.

Lyrian

Just finished the new story, so we're 2 months away of the end of S1, hmm....

Just finished the new story as well.

You can definitely tell the story is wrapping up... until it didn't. Ok....

Some interesting twists, for sure.
Then again, the events in the story needed to happen so that the Veritas banner could happen. SOON.

Grats to everyone killing Aigaion today! No Aileen or Fryevia means no robot kill for me. No rush, though. It's not going anywhere.

Celegus

Any notable keys or loot in this story chunk? Haven't touched it yet because of Robot and those sweet sweet giancrysts from the 90 energy event map. I need a boatload of just about everything that drops there.

robotuw

Any notable keys or loot in this story chunk? Haven't touched it yet because of Robot and those sweet sweet giancrysts from the 90 energy event map. I need a boatload of just about everything that drops there.

Not really. There's a spr 20% in one silver chest, and the recipe for a 60atk lightning katana in another. There aren't many quests this time, and the ones there are short with not great loot. There's a few new black keys to get but nothing mind-blowing behind them (an 80 atk dragon-killer spear, torrent ring recipe, and a +5%hp 65 atk axe). The best out of the lot seems like the katana. Now there's a decent lightning option for Orlandu chains.

wilstreak

i don't want to waste 50 NRG, but does bringing Olive as bait a good thing? because:
- She has highest ATK
- She has mortar beacon and each time she die (which mean every turn), she will launch another beacon for bonus damage.
-Mortar Beacon don't have element, so WILL not trigger left's arm explosion (this is true right?)

Visceir

i don't want to waste 50 NRG, but does bringing Olive as bait a good thing? because:
- She has highest ATK
- She has mortar beacon and each time she die (which mean every turn), she will launch another beacon for bonus damage.
-Mortar Beacon don't have element, so WILL not trigger left's arm explosion (this is true right?)

Ideally you'd want someone who has auto-raise or someone who brings something else to the table for the fight, Olive doesn't have auto-raise. The dmg you get out of mortar beacon will probably be rather insignificant compared to how much dmg you could dish out with chains, imperils and other modifiers added up.

- She has highest ATK

In retrospect I would have much rather brought Olive than my Wilhelm. Wilhelm was being used to take that hit by drawing fire, but any character with super high attack would do. Plus as you said, the mortar damage would add up. Olive definitely would've worked better for my crew, but overall there are much better team compositions. (If you're lucky enough to have freya or Aileen)

bonkeng

- She has highest ATK

Depends if you have Rem to reraise Olive every time. If not, I'd say a high atk King is more valuable than Olive since King have self reraise.

SeanTSC

Did it early this morning in one go, despite massive fuck ups.

Used Elza, Tillith, Rikku, Zarg, Fryevia + friend Fryevia.

I REALLY should have brought Rem instead of Zarg. It would have made it so much simpler and safer, though I don't think I was ever in danger of dying.

Also I REALLY should have had an LB crystal generator for Rikku because it was a pain in the ass once the body died and I had no LB crystals going. That part was the longest/most annoying since I'd keep getting runs where one Fry would get repeatedly targeted and end up dead for the turn.

And Fry/Zarg's ignore death abilities are hilariously OP since it's not one per-fight, it's one per-life and it triggered over and over again.

Ken

What's the right order for aigon? Left arm, body, right arm? Or left arm, right arm, body?

i do body + right same turn ideally but if not body > right > left

even if you leave up right and left arm at the end, it's not the end of the world since their rotation is super static and when you get a good RNG on their ST attacks you can do it

wilstreak

Ideally you'd want someone who has auto-raise or someone who brings something else to the table for the fight, Olive doesn't have auto-raise. The dmg you get out of mortar beacon will probably be rather insignificant compared to how much dmg you could dish out with chains, imperils and other modifiers added up.

Depends if you have Rem to reraise Olive every time. If not, I'd say a high atk King is more valuable than Olive since King have self reraise.

I don't have Rem, Elza or Vargas and i plan to bring Freyvia or Tilith friend. So it is better to bring King? aside from him, i also has Queen, but lol only 1% hp self revive

In retrospect I would have much rather brought Olive than my Wilhelm. Wilhelm was being used to take that hit by drawing fire, but any character with super high attack would do. Plus as you said, the mortar damage would add up. Olive definitely would've worked better for my crew, but overall there are much better team compositions. (If you're lucky enough to have freya or Aileen)

well glad to know that bringing Wilhelm is useless. Sadly i don't have any base 5* chainer.

udca

i do body + right same turn ideally but if not body > right > left

even if you leave up right and left arm at the end, it's not the end of the world since their rotation is super static and when you get a good RNG on their ST attacks you can do it

Actually i ended up twice against the 2 arms and got wrecked by bad rng

So i killed the left arm, and now can i kill the right without some kind of repercussion?

Syntsui

Actually i ended up twice against the 2 arms and got wrecked by bad rng

So i killed the left arm, and now can i kill the right without some kind of repercussion?
You killed the left arm and it wasn't immediately resurrected by the right arm? That's new ground.

NomarTyme

I beat it! BIG SHOUT OUT TO GAFFER FelTCat! for lending his/her Lunera!!! Thanks for answering my request because there was very little(If any) people putting out Lunera. I don't blame them since most of those guys got high power attackers. I got everything besides the no magic! Was force to use raise. :(

XyNeYXd.png

I took the long route, so I say it took me 1 hr and half to finish the trial. I think next I'll just attack the body because I was underestimating Rems damage.

2 x Ashes: All they did was Heavens Fury and nothing else. Also with the magnifier gesture on Android, it made chaining super easy to Spark Chain hits.

Rem: Dagger Boomerang! What can I say? it hits like a fucking truck combine with a Heavens Fury Spark chain, I was reaching over 1 million HP at max peak at 30% Spr break.

Rikku: 3 jacks and Prodigy googles gave me her LB every turn and also used her NuAll.

Maxwell: Pain in the ass. I got to get his HP really high because as soon as he was re-raise he can only survive with 1 hit. I had to raise his HP super high in order to survive a few hits.

Lunera! HP and MP battery! helped out a lot! cannot continue the long battle without her. I imagine if I had Ramza at full enchanment, this trial would have been a little more easier. AlsoI wanted to use Zarg but his attacks were way too high.

bonkeng

Did it early this morning in one go, despite massive fuck ups.

Used Elza, Tillith, Rikku, Zarg, Fryevia + friend Fryevia.

I REALLY should have brought Rem instead of Zarg. It would have made it so much simpler and safer, though I don't think I was ever in danger of dying.

Also I REALLY should have had an LB crystal generator for Rikku because it was a pain in the ass once the body died and I had no LB crystals going. That part was the longest/most annoying since I'd keep getting runs where one Fry would get repeatedly targeted and end up dead for the turn.

And Fry/Zarg's ignore death abilities are hilariously OP since it's not one per-fight, it's one per-life and it triggered over and over again.

Taking Zarg over Rem was actually the smartest role adjustment I made. He complements Rikku and Tilith really well. Buffing both Fry with Hero Crest on Zarg's off-turn also proves quite valuable. I've never had a turn where Zarg has nothing to do.

If you take Rem, you'll most likely fail the no magic mission.

SeanTSC

Taking Zarg over Rem was actually the smartest role adjustment I made. He complements Rikku and Tilith really well. Buffing both Fry with Hero Crest on Zarg's off-turn also proves quite valuable. I've never had a turn where Zarg has nothing to do.

If you take Rem, you'll most likely fail the no magic mission.

I just mostly really needed another re-raise on Elza due to some fuck ups. I think the lack of LB generation on Rikku is what caused most of my headaches though.

I did manage all the missions in one shot and didn't have any fail attempts, just, it could have been so, so, so, so, so much easier if I did some things differently.

bonkeng

Vargas also proved much better than Elza here.

I was wondering why my Vargas survived twice some times. Checked his kit, he also have a passive 80% chance to ignore death, aside from his self-reraise skill.

Top Bottom