• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Celegus

I think I have all the BiS gear for Yun now, looks like he tops out at 1094 attack with Odin esper. Luneth is right around there too with what I have (and not mixing elements).

udca

You killed the left arm and it wasn't immediately resurrected by the right arm? That's new ground.

I meant i killed it 10 times lol.

I DID IT!!!! Worst fight ever...

Team was Zarg, Tillith, 2x Aileen, Rikku and a friend Orlandeau who didn't do much besides die lol..

Sharing my 1071 atk Aileen

NomarTyme

Was able to get a few minutes to do robot.

http://imgur.com/NSMGqCU
http://imgur.com/w5ifQyv
http://imgur.com/S3icuQq

Like a moron one round when Zarg had nothing to do and survived the 1HK move I used imperil out of stupidity, and lost the no magic mission. Right when I hit the button I was like....fuck...you dipshit. Oh well will do it again later not really sure how good that materia is anyway.
First congrats.

If you have Rikku's pouch then I wouldn't worry about it.

Pejo

Was able to get a few minutes to do robot.

http://imgur.com/NSMGqCU
http://imgur.com/w5ifQyv
http://imgur.com/S3icuQq

Like a moron one round when Zarg had nothing to do and survived the 1HK move I used imperil out of stupidity, and lost the no magic mission. Right when I hit the button I was like....fuck...you dipshit. Oh well will do it again later not really sure how good that materia is anyway.

Congrats man, what was your setup btw? I'm trying to get ideas from everyone that beat robot already.

In other news, I had a rough day and 10k lapis to play with. Was saving it all for Nier, but got bored/drunk and did 2 10+1 pulls.

FIrst one netted me a rainbow! - Trance Terra.....Cool, a unit I didn't have, can't complain about that.

Second one - rainbow again! (Luck of the Hippo here?) - Fohlen....Another unit I didn't have. Well shit, not so bad of a night. I was really hoping that the planets aligned and gave me a Fry, but you know what, I'll take it. Oddly enough, never got Bran, just a few Ruggles and my ol' standby units, Rosa and Hope.

First congrats.

If you have Rikku's pouch then I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks! I do so that's good to know.

Congrats man, what was your setup btw? I'm trying to get ideas from everyone that beat robot already.

In other news, I had a rough day and 10k lapis to play with. Was saving it all for Nier, but got bored/drunk and did 2 10+1 pulls.

FIrst one netted me a rainbow! - Trance Terra.....Cool, a unit I didn't have, can't complain about that.

Second one - rainbow again! (Luck of the Hippo here?) - Fohlen....Another unit I didn't have. Well shit, not so bad of a night. I was really hoping that the planets aligned and gave me a Fry, but you know what, I'll take it. Oddly enough, never got Bran, just a few Ruggles and my ol' standby units, Rosa and Hope.

Thanks! So I had Zarg whom had the highest ATK so he would eat the kill move every turn, plus he survives sometimes so that helped. WoL was there just to break shit, and take other attacks. Double Fry for damage, and I forgot to move mine to the back row so I probably didn't chain very well. Tililth and Rikku (With Pouch, Overdrive and 3 Ignorance TM's) doing the normal stuff they do. I did it first try, and honestly it was pretty easy outside of just taking 10 minutes to do. I know I have a stacked team so everything should be easy, but Ultros and Echidna were both harder for me. Also congrats on the great pulls!

tuffymon

i don't want to waste 50 NRG, but does bringing Olive as bait a good thing? because:
- She has highest ATK
- She has mortar beacon and each time she die (which mean every turn), she will launch another beacon for bonus damage.
-Mortar Beacon don't have element, so WILL not trigger left's arm explosion (this is true right?)

Won't work, you'll send up a mortar beacon every time you raise up, but have to stay down/live/not be raised for 3 turns to let it fire off.

Next set of story has a pretty decent key reward https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Demon_Shield shield with 5% evasion

Doctor_No

Finished the trail. It went by really quick.

Fry, Fry, Delita, Tilith, Rikku.

I was an idiot and thought that there was a 5 Party Completion award for ELT; because PRO had one and I did ELT right after PRO. Turns out I had to summon Ramuh, which I didn't do, and I had to redo again.

Delita fully enhanced Helm break + two Fry with Machine Killer take over half the energy off the body per turn, and one shots the arms. Plus Fry's auto-revive is pretty useful in this trail.

udca

I was an idiot and thought that there was a 5 Party Completion award for ELT; because PRO had one and I did ELT right after PRO. Turns out I had to summon Ramuh, which I didn't do, and I had to redo again.

Delita fully enhanced Helm break + two Fry with Machine Killer take over half the energy off the body per turn, and one shots the arms. Plus Fry's auto-revive is pretty useful in this trail.

That's insane.. the right arm has so much defense that it took me like 10+ rounds each with Aileens... I need a Fry

Syntsui

Gumi didn't think through when they released Frye. It's insulting when you hear they say Balthier of all characters is too strong for us lmao.

So what's the next hyped fight now that robot is here?

summoning Diabolos on Maxwell still retains the award for hardest thing I've had to do in this game. Thank god I had Fry and Delita.

Syntsui

summoning Diabolos on Maxwell still retains the award for hardest thing I've had to do in this game. Thank god I had Fry and Delita.
None will have the impact this trial was supposed to have I guess. I remember when this came out and every JP player freaked out saying it was impossible, that it was taylor made for 7* and things like that. Months have passed, a lot of new trials have released, including the ones with 10 people mechanic, and no uproar was ever made again.

Bards apparently broke the game and the developers still couldn't figure out a way to challenge that without alienating the entire player base.

bonkeng

Lol. Hardest trial they say. Be prepared for a long hard fight they say.

Yet here you are, demolishing it in minutes, with a 5 man party.

SeanTSC

Gumi didn't think through when they released Frye. It's insulting when you hear they say Balthier of all characters is too strong for us lmao.

Did they really say that? That sounds kinda ridiculous, I can't imagine using him on anything that matters atm. I certainly wouldn't have used him for the Robot.

RedZaraki

Banned
I OFFICIALLY put a digital bounty up for the Robot Trial to the first person with PROOF of a victory with:

No 5-star base units AND No 5-star base TMRs on the winning team.

The reward: One virtual high-five, pat on the back, and "well done".

I OFFICIALLY put a digital bounty up for the Robot Trial to the first person with PROOF of a victory with:

Hmm. Could probably slog through with Rikku, Ling, Maxwell (if that breaks your rule, since she was "free," then King), WoL, and Tilith. Plus friend Fry.

Actually, I'm sure this is possible. It would take forever, though, but you probably wouldn't be in any real danger.

... I'm sure Valentus has the answer right now, though. And it probably involves Rain, Butz, and/or Amarant.

Ken

no OP friend?

across

Lol. Hardest trial they say. Be prepared for a long hard fight they say.

Yet here you are, demolishing it in minutes, with a 5 man party.

Compared to all the trials that have come before, it is objectively both long and hard. Where are all the people saying "I did it in less than an hour, 2ez" without double Fryevia or Aileen?

Let's get some perspective here: the person who has probably done the most pulls of any person in this thread was able to absolutely obliterate the trial with a tightly optimized, probably perfectly geared setup? No kidding! It's a gacha game. That's how it works.

The same way that people who pulled Orlandeau months ago trivialized content between then and now, Fryevia will do today, and then it'll be unit x next month, and those who didn't pull unit x will have to settle for a slower or generally inferior setup... but that doesn't make the content not long and not hard because your dice rolled Fryevia instead of Queen.

bonkeng

Compared to all the trials that have come before, it is objectively both long and hard. Where are all the people saying "I did it in less than an hour, 2ez" without double Fryevia or Aileen?

Let's get some perspective here: the person who has probably done the most pulls of any person in this thread was able to absolutely obliterate the trial with a tightly optimized, probably perfectly geared setup? No kidding! It's a gacha game. That's how it works.

The same way that people who pulled Orlandeau months ago trivialized content between then and now, Fryevia will do today, and then it'll be unit x next month, and those who didn't pull unit x will have to settle for a slower or generally inferior setup... but that doesn't make the content not long and not hard because your dice rolled Fryevia instead of Queen.

Long, yes. But hard, not so much. There's no rng bullshit like Titan, Echidna, and Ultros here.

The actual MVPs in this fight is Tilith and Rikku. Trash Delita is also one of the reason why people are clearing it in record time. King is perfectly capable of being the bait.

Aileen and Fryevia makes this a trial a walk in the park. But other "less" OP units are still capable.

My point is, IMO this trial is easier than that tumultfest Titan. Once you figured out how to sustain the fight, you can clear it no problem.

I'm somehow blessed with a stacked team too, but I legitimately had a harder time clearing Ultros, Titan and Echidna than Aigaion.

across

FYI, some crazy person nearly did it with Ilias, Amelia, Rikku, Ysh, Aileen, and Vargas. There really are other possible combinations.

Of course there are! I could probably do it with units I have right now, but the lay of my pulls means I'm not well-suited to the conditions of the fight (no Rem, no Ashe, no Aileen, no Fryevia, no Elza, no Vargas). That's fine! I'm not salty that I can't do it in 20 minutes, or that it would take too long for me to do it the slow way. I value 8 hours of my time over a weapon I can't make use of right now.

My point is just that the objective length or difficulty of the fight doesn't change if you farmed up 4 Jack TMs and a Kelsus accessory and enhanced Delita and have two Fryevia's Needles on your Fryevia and etc.. It's still pretty hard! Otherwise you wouldn't have had to do all that.

Rixa

I love Trials.

Best part of the game to me. Without these challenges, everything just falls apart and becomes pointless.

Fun part of trials goes away if / when you need specific units that rng hasnt given to you.

I hate trials.

tuffymon

Holy crap, this fight isn't hard enough... it's 12:39 am, let's kick up the difficulty... wife and 2 friends texting me during this boss fight... go away sheesh

I had no idea frYeVIa had a skill that lets you live with 1 hp. Shes totally custom made for the Robot. I wish I had at least one of her.

lol, yes, Rixa doesn't want anyone to make the mistake of thinking an actual FF character was better than a made up ice elf for exvius.

Rixa

I had no idea Freya had a skill that lets you live with 1 hp. Shes totally custom made for the Robot. I wish I had at least one of her.

Minor correction, so that those who seldom read this thread, notice the difference:

Freya
$

Fryevia
$

Freya 3-5* Trash unit
Fryevia 5-6* One of the best in Global BE.

GG-Duo

I asked this in Discord but didn't really get an answer...

For those of you that did the "Fast" route, how did you get LB crystals for Rikku's LB after the body was dead? Valentus used Mog Spears on Bartz.

Actually it's a question for anyone else here too, even the ones that took the Long path. did you deliberately attack the body to get LB crystals for Rikku even when you're killing an arm?

For those of you that did the "Fast" route, how did you get LB crystals for Rikku's LB after the body was dead? Valentus used Mog Spears on Bartz.

Actually it's a question for anyone else here too, even the ones that took the Long path. did you deliberately attack the body to get LB crystals for Rikku even when you're killing an arm?

So I made this mistake, and I actually didn't even know they didn't drop lb crysts I killed the body first, but that left me with quite a headache. During the arms part of the fight I didn't use(couldn't use) a single lb, and had to rely on Tilith to keep reviving everyone every single turn. I took TWO rikkus into this battle and their only use for the second half was to take hits so my actually damage dealers didn't have die. It was a MESS. I'm not even sure Rikku is a good answer for this battle because the arms don't drop what makes her so great. She became dead weight pretty quickly.

UNLESS.... you stack a bunch of self regen lb cryst abilities. . I did not, but I wish I had, instead I stacked HP and it wasn't helpful.

bonkeng

I equipped mine with 2 Ignorance, 1 Auto-Limit.

Guaranteed LB every 4 turns.

wilstreak

Fun part of trials goes away if / when you need specific units that rng hasnt given to you.

I hate trials.

basically this.

this trial need you to have Tilith, Rem, Freyvia and other 5* basic chainer if you don't want to spend 3hours.

Basically Gumi way of saying "gotta collect all character".

Not even TMR can help you as much as having the right set of character.

Rixa

^^
So true :)

--

Another long solo grind has started.

- RotL for someone
- EM for Refia / future healer
- EM for Rikku
- 2x Jack for Rikku

Screenshot_20170721-104037.png

After EM, not much left how I can get Refia better with TM units I have.

Screenshot_20170721-104842.png
Screenshot_20170721-104907.png

Enhanced Kazus Pendant to +2. With that setup Refia regenerates 30 MP per turn.

I went fast, I just didn't need Rikku's LB after the body went, the arms died really fast with Fries and Delita. I had to start sacrificing WoL though so the left arm doesn't hit Delita.

Rixa

Few nice bundles.

350 Lapis = 1 Tix + 1 T4 Giancryst.

24,99€ (Android, 3€ more if using iOS)

10x Normal tix
1x 4* Tix
1x 10% Moogle
30% ATK materia
20x 10nrg pot

Nice value, if someone is using cash.

bryt

Sweet. Daily Gold to Rainbow and I got Ramza. That's my second daily rainbow in a week o_O. I haven't gotten one in like 6 months before this.

wilstreak

Sweet. Daily Gold to Rainbow and I got Ramza. That's my second daily rainbow in a week o_O. I haven't gotten one in like 6 months before this.

congrats. i have 2 of him and waiting for his enhancement too.

and also got 1 rainbow too from daily last week, here is hoping for 1 more free non-troll rainbow .

Nikokuno

All my dailies so far since anniversary are blue... Congrats mate.

Few nice bundles.

10x Normal tix
1x 4* Tix
1x 10% Moogle
30% ATK materia
20x 10nrg pot

I don't know, I'm tempted by this bundle

Best news: HP pot week in arena.

Getting Burst and HP ones is always nice

Pulled Emperor Shera on the new Bravely Default banner on JP.

These off banner rainbows are brutal >.>

At least it's a great unit, Tiz seems to be great too, what make him interesting?

Syntsui

All my dailies so far since anniversary are blue... Congrats mate.

Getting Burst and HP ones is always nice

At least it's a great unit, Tiz seems to be great too, what make him interesting?
I want Tiz for the free sword alone, Agnes' vest is also fantastic but I don't think I'll test my luck further, I'd have to hoard pretty much all missions to get enough for more full pulls.

At very least I pulled all the other units and I'll get their great TMs. My Aranea will love Magnolia's specially.

Rixa

Any expiry for the 30% bundle?

I dunno since already got it :p. Reddit says it has no expiration day. But I do have a feeling that it will vanish someday (maybe in 2 weeks or so).

As for the bundle, it is cheap, if you don't need Lapis (for nrg / slots)
You could count those tickets as flexible multipull since multi guarantees one 4* pull or better.

The rest in bundle is nice bonus.

Few nice bundles.

10x Normal tix
1x 4* Tix
1x 10% Moogle
30% ATK materia
20x 10nrg pot

Picked that right up using my remaining Amazon Coins. A good deal with the moogle and the materia as well, which will be handy for all these DPS I have...

Top Bottom