• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta 2: Aaaaah! (JOBS UP! PM RK TO JOIN!)

Lijik

I havent played the game in years, but now seems like a good a time as any to do a replay with a twist.

Sign me the fuck up, baby!

Beth Cyra

RevenantKioku said:
I'd recommend looking at the original thread to get a feeling of how it panned out.
But yeah, it's just a simple challenge. Some people give up because of shitty line-ups or because it's too hard. Comms? Communication? You can post about it wherever but plenty of people give updates or screenshots or whatever. Little to no PM messages will be needed.
As far as deadlines go, no. I know I'm busy (and slow) at games so I don't do it like that. Some people start late, others will fly by within the first few days. I'll try to compile a list of who beat it and the order in which people beat it, but I'll need a post stating that clearly preferably with a screen cap or a picture taken with a good ol' camera. Not to mention some people will get powerhouse parties and others will get shit. Some can beat it much earlier than others. While FFV doesn't normally require any grinding, I feel, this challenge could ask some grinding of you simply because the numbers don't add up over time for some jobs.

Hell yeah it could use some grinding, Exdeath has some strong freaking attacks, you go in there with the wrong party at low level and he is going to eat your for breakfast.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Thank you for answering my questions Revenant. I will start my playthrough tonight until your designated spot (Wind Crystal checkpoint).

botticus

I suppose I'm in. Didn't get really far last time but I'm not in the middle of anything else so I should be able to focus on it a bit more.

Link Man

Banned
Holy Bleeding Angels, Yeah!

Loved doing it last year, would love to join in again this year. And maybe, just maybe, it will give me a little break from playing the all-encompassing life-devourer that is Dragon Quest IX.

Oh, and any respectable FFV player already has a dummy save at the Wind Crystal.

Omnicent

This sounds like it will be fun, so sign me up. I'll probably try to make a decent run through (if possible. Hopefully luck is on my side) and upload it to youtube as I go. Now time to go find the old GBA Player and GCN.

firex

I'll give this one another shot. the last time I got a super boring set of jobs so I lost interest halfway through world 2.

Depending on what jobs you get, this sounds like the definition of gaming masochism. Unless you get White Mage, or any other class which can use mana to heal.

If I want to get an ass kicking, I'll go play any non-Persona Megaten game.

Beth Cyra

Unknown Soldier said:
Depending on what jobs you get, this sounds like the definition of gaming masochism. Unless you get White Mage, or any other class which can use mana to heal.

There is always pleasure when Gilgamesh is around.

firex

Unknown Soldier said:

If I want to get an ass kicking, I'll go play any non-Persona Megaten game.
I got thief, white mage, time mage and archer and it was the most boring thing ever. you can more or less replace a white mage with the heal staff for a lot of the game (as long as you get a class that can use those staves) or just buy a lot of potions/high potions, but fighting without any kind of real way to deal heavy damage is terrible.

Momo

Banned
My favorite FF by far <3

I just installed Tomb Raider and Bioshock though, is there a set end date to this (as in complete the game before xyz) ?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
There's no set time, but there is definitely going to be a "peak interest" time for the majority of GAF. Then again, if enough people perform, this could go for a while. The last thread hit 10 pages over almost two months.

Ryn

FootNinja said:
If I've never played this game before, is this a good idea? If it wont ruin my first time playing a classic, I'm down.

It's my first time playing through this one too. It's also the only Final Fantasy I haven't played, and I'm doing it just because I've been getting pretty bored of RPGs recently and I think a doofy challenge such as this one sounds pretty interesting. Especially for a FF I've been meaning to play for a while but never got around to it. I mean, you're still going to experience the game, just you don't get to customize/level your characters the way you want to.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I don't know if I'd recommend it, but if you find yourself having too hard of a time with the challenge you can always give it up and play the game normally! There's no shame in not completing this!

Mael

I'd like to join but I don't know which version to use....
Original in moon speak...:lol
Original emulated
gba version in whatever language (heck why not in german!
I don't speak german
)

The thing is if it's the original I won't be able to provide pics of stuffs happening and that's half the fun :(
same with the gba version....
but I don't know if the emulated version is worth my account here.

Mael said:
I'd like to join but I don't know which version to use....
Original in moon speak...:lol
Original emulated
gba version in whatever language (heck why not in german!
I don't speak german
)

The thing is if it's the original I won't be able to provide pics of stuffs happening and that's half the fun :(
same with the gba version....
but I don't know if the emulated version is worth my account here.
If you own the game on cartridge, you won't be banned for playing the emulated version. Promise.

Mael

Segata Sanshiro said:
If you own the game on cartridge, you won't be banned for playing the emulated version. Promise.

I guess I'll have to make a pic of my carts just to be sure....
I think I'll go with the original emulated in moon language just for the commentary I'll have to make :lol

Red Scarlet

I'll be playing that one too, if you need any help. Either the SFC one or Japanese GBA one. I think I flipped a coin last time to choose.

Mael

Red Scarlet said:
I'll be playing that one too, if you need any help. Either the SFC one or Japanese GBA one. I think I flipped a coin last time to choose.
Thanks,

I'll pick SFC for old time's sake, I already completed that one a long time ago (Shinryu and Omega too), I think I still don't know the whole story of that game since I never finished my playthrough on gba :lol (advice of the day, never play FFIV/FFV and FFVI at the same time, there's at least 1 game you'll never finish :lol)

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Wonder how long this thread will take to descend into a festering warren of anti-Berserker racism like the last one. Last time we had people openly advocating their murder I mean good god.

Unfortunately I don't think I've got the time to participate this year. Most regrettable.

readleeb

Neo Member
B.K. said:
Buy a cheap, used Gameboy Advance and get Final Fantasy V Advance for the challenge. It's a lot better than the PS1 version.

Still got my old GBA, but yea I went ahead and ordered FFV Advance.

Gonna play on emu for pictures though. Pictures of what will, undoubtedly, be of glorious victory against seemingly insurmountable odds. Yea, I'm excited. And I'll still complain about having to wait till the 12th even though I wont have the physical copy until close to then. I guess there could be some people that wouldn't take kindly to me playing a version that I've ordered, but don't physically have in my possession (even with me owning the PSX version).

Grzi said:
Are juniors allowed?
Count me in if they are.

Yep. I'm on the list. :D

Mael

so yeah just to be clear, count me in.
I'll start tonight and begin the captures and all that I'll post when it's begun (until the first crystal that goes without saying)

ccbfan

Did this last year and it was fun (way too easy with my classes though, well more specifically one class).

Doing it again (love this game). My only request is if you can kindly not give me the chemist class. That class is just way too powerful. The mix ability is like insta win if you know the correct mixes. I mean seriously 1000+ damage and 1000+ heal all from 1 attack that you can achieve the second you get chemist is a little too much. The double hp, immune to all elements, full heal with two easily purchasible items, and upping levels mixes are a little much too.

Red Scarlet

rk, send me the jobs I get. You know how to contact me.

Mael, come to my justin tv channel if you need help with anything.

I enjoyed my time with you all. As to why I was demodded, ask Evilore and Kagari. They know better than I do. I deserved better than this, Tyler. Good bye gaf.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Red Scarlet said:
rk, send me the jobs I get. You know how to contact me.

Mael, come to my justin tv channel if you need help with anything.

I enjoyed my time with you all. As to why I was demodded, ask Evilore and Kagari. They know better than I do. I deserved better than this, Tyler. Good bye gaf.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Top Bottom