• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta 2: Aaaaah! (JOBS UP! PM RK TO JOIN!)

Mael

Red Scarlet said:
rk, send me the jobs I get. You know how to contact me.

Mael, come to my justin tv channel if you need help with anything.

I enjoyed my time with you all. As to why I was demodded, ask Evilore and Kagari. They know better than I do. I deserved better than this, Tyler. Good bye gaf.

Wait what?
Thanks for everything,
somehow I really hope this is not true ;_;.

I never finished this game the first time because I bought FFVI at the same time and played that instead.

Against my better judgment I will put my hat in the ring.

Link Man

Banned
Sad to hear Red's leaving. But the thread must go on.

LastYearFinal.jpg

My triumphant party from last year. Made the game pretty easy,
though it was pretty tough in the second world without somebody to heal.

Start.jpg

And my dummy save, right after the Wind Crystal.

It's quite tough getting good pics on the GBA SP. You need really good lighting.

led4lyfe

I did this last year and it was A LOT of fun. I actually didn't really like FFV, but after last summer I loved it.

I drew Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Dragoon and it was awesome never did I think i'd have fun with a Bard, but they really come in handy(really came in handy trying to get blue magic). I actually never finished my run(iirc i'm at the end of the game) because I had to move and couldn't bring my ps2 with me. :(

I recommend everyone to do this, especially if they're on the fence regarding FFV, it makes the game a lot more enjoyable(at least for me it did).

Last time was fun, sadly I couldn't complete the run thanks to tests, but count me in for a second run, lets hope I don't get the berserker again.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
ccbfan said:
My only request is if you can kindly not give me the chemist class. That class is just way too powerful.
Unfortunately, I just can't make that promise. I don't control how the classes are handed out! What I can say is that you, the player, can make an active choice not to abuse the class of Chemist for your own challenge.

And to all those that receive Berserker, hey, I made it through last year. And I had no good healer! It's possible.

Just a note, last year by the end of it we had 48 people signed up with a few unregistered folk playing as well. Before I even load up Ol' Scripty, we have FIFTY THREE people registered this year. This has me encouraged, but I'd like to see more commentary, more discussion and more people finishing this year. Within those 48 players last year we only had thirteen confirm that they actually beat it. Do me better, 2010 GAF.

Gravijah

Red Scarlet said:

I enjoyed my time with you all. As to why I was demodded, ask Evilore and Kagari. They know better than I do. I deserved better than this, Tyler. Good bye gaf.

:*( Have a good one, Red Scarlet.

Boney

Banned
Red Scarlet said:

We'll miss you... :(

I hope you reconsider.. since this it still a great place with lots of interesting people, but well.. good luck with all your future endeavors :(

Link Man

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Unfortunately, I just can't make that promise. I don't control how the classes are handed out! What I can say is that you, the player, can make an active choice not to abuse the class of Chemist for your own challenge.

And to all those that receive Berserker, hey, I made it through last year. And I had no good healer! It's possible.

Just a note, last year by the end of it we had 48 people signed up with a few unregistered folk playing as well. Before I even load up Ol' Scripty, we have FIFTY THREE people registered this year. This has me encouraged, but I'd like to see more commentary, more discussion and more people finishing this year. Within those 48 players last year we only had thirteen confirm that they actually beat it. Do me better, 2010 GAF.
Then I feel honored to be one of those 13.

I really hope I don't get Thief/White Mage/Time Mage/Ninja. I think I'd go mad.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Yeah, for record the honored thirteen from last year (that is, those who made it CLEAR in the thread that they completed it) were:
RevenantKioku
charlequin
Red Scarlet
ixix
Sword Familiar
Link Man
Yaweee
ccbfan
Saerk
Exhumed
PataHakari
Ourobolus
Man God

Joule

RevenantKioku said:
Yeah, for record the honored thirteen from last year (that is, those who made it CLEAR in the thread that they completed it) were:
RevenantKioku
charlequin
Red Scarlet
ixix
Sword Familiar
Link Man
Yaweee
ccbfan
Saerk
Exhumed
PataHakari
Ourobolus
Man God

The hall of heroes as if it were. Hopefully there's more this time around.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still not sure which of us had the worst team last year, RK. :lol

Monk, Berserker, Beast Master, Dragoon

I'm glad I came back from vacation in time for this though!

So if you would please count me in!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RevenantKioku said:

Berserker is pretty good most of the time actually. Some fights it is better to just kill him/her off, but once you get that good end game hammer it becomes pretty awesome.

No healing was surprisingly not that big of a deal though. You just have to pick places where you can grind for money while maybe getting some AP and EXP. I think the only healing ability I ever got was from the Dragoon and that really wasn't worth it. I found the bigger issue for me was no source of magical damage. Some fights are just really annoying without it!

Omnicent

RevenantKioku said:

Well I'm not a fan of streaming, but I'll try doing a speed run and putting it on youtube as well as posting pics with commentary.

I just need to decide if its going to be a full blind speed run (IE: wouldn't look at future crystals for planning till I get to that point in the game. This method would probably require a good bit more grinding though) or just take a sneak peak and can formulate a decent and exciting run with little grinding (will probably do this for sanity sake). I'm hoping to get a not so easy job combination (any combo of blu + sam/chem would be a pretty swift run) for a good challenge. In this case I hope the rng is not in my favor.

I'm looking forward to doing this as I'm hoping this will get me motivated to finish a speed-run I have been working on for SDA for the past 3 years (procrastination sucks).

Beth Cyra

One thing I was meaning to ask, how are people who don't stream or screen shots going to prove we have completed it?

I mean I saw the camera in the first post but do we just take a pic of right after the final blow has been dealt, or the character screen so to prove we didn't use any other class?

Zomba13

I'm up for this. I've been meaning to actually give FFV a try since I got the PS1 version but never actually played much past the first crystal. Wish I had the GBA version though so I could play it on my DS.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unless you film the whole game with witnesses you're never going to be 100% sure you didn't cheat.

So just Scout's Honor. This challenge is very doable though, even if you might need to grind horrendously or consult the thread/GameFAQs for advice.

Beth Cyra

Zomba13 said:
I'm up for this. I've been meaning to actually give FFV a try since I got the PS1 version but never actually played much past the first crystal. Wish I had the GBA version though so I could play it on my DS.

If you get a chance make sure to grab it, game looks awesome on the little screen and the added stuff is really cool.

Man God said:
Unless you film the whole game with witnesses you're never going to be 100% sure you didn't cheat.

So just Scout's Honor. This challenge is very doable though, even if you might need to grind horrendously or consult the thread/GameFAQs for advice.

I am very aware of all that, I just wanted to get the questoin knocked out of the way so for anyone like me in the future the questoin would already be answered, that and I wanted to know where exactly to take the photo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TruePrime said:
If you get a chance make sure to grab it, game looks awesome on the little screen and the added stuff is really cool.

Also it doesn't have one of the worst localizations ever, mixed up audio, bad saving and loading bugs (I've had it wipe entire cards before) and goofy graphical glitches when played on a PS2 Slim.

TruePrime said:
I am very aware of all that, I just wanted to get the questoin knocked out of the way so for anyone like me in the future the questoin would already be answered, that and I wanted to know where exactly to take the photo.

When the final boss is dissolving would be the best place. Try to have everyone alive for the best/most complete ending!

Good chance I won't make it to the end, but what the hey, sign me up. I've had the GBA copy for a while now thanks to Goozex, but haven't ever booted it up.

Beth Cyra

Man God said:
Also it doesn't have one of the worst localizations ever, mixed up audio, bad saving and loading bugs (I've had it wipe entire cards before) and goofy graphical glitches when played on a PS2 Slim.

True, but that sounded alot more negative so I was trying to avoid that, but yeah your right.

If avalible there is no reason to keep V on PS1 over the GBA version, well I guess if you want it on tv but I would suggest get a GBA player for a gamecube instead of playing it on PSX.

lol I remember last year when rk's original plan was to do one single flight of players that exactly used up all the classes a single time and now fifty plus people are already signed up

Thaedolus

Scarlet will always be a mod in my heart :(

So any version of the game is allowed right? I have the GBA version, but I'd much rather play a translated SNES version on my Wii or PC if I can...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Which translation and why?

GBA version is basically the best. SFC has some charm to it though with some interesting and exploitable glitches.

RevenantKioku

charlequin said:
lol I remember last year when rk's original plan was to do one single flight of players that exactly used up all the classes a single time and now fifty plus people are already signed up
Yeah, that's actually why the whole Thief/White Mage combo exists. I wanted the originally intended five players to use every single available (non-Mime) class!
We're up to 61! This is pretty crazy.

EdgecrusherLSU

Neo Member
Sign me up!!

I remember watching the thread last year and wishing I would have joined in.

I've only played it once years ago on the ps1. A DS Lite has just fallen into my possession and this would be a good excuse to buy the gba version and replay it. I remember next to nothing about the story and or classes so I'm looking forward to a nice challenge.

On a side note I think this is really an awesome way to play rpgs. I have gotten so used to lvling and twinking out my party members with only the most devastating spells and equipment that I haven't ran into a real challenge in an rpg in a long time.

RDreamer

Even though I have a large backlog going, I'll join this. I tried it on another forum when they were doing it, but that thread died after about 2 pages and almost no one responded after that, so I stopped then. It'll give me a reason to play the GBA version I bought a while back.

Haunted

I greatly enjoyed following everyone's exploits and writeups last year.

I expect this year will be no different. :D Godspeed, gentlemen/women.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
charlequin said:
Unlike the other SNES Final Fantasies, there's one single definitive version of this game and it's the GBA one.

I agree wholeheartedly. FF V Advance is the best game in the Advance series and the only redone version of any FF game that is absolutely superior to the original game. I just wanted to know why this fellow wanted to play one of the multiple fanlations of this game.

The first fanlation of FF V though is pretty memorable in the scene though as it was one of, if not the first "lost" games made playable by emulator for the english speaking world. It was crude but charming and brought us Butz.

So what if it wasn't that great, it brought us the Butz! :lol

Thaedolus

Man God said:
I agree wholeheartedly. FF V Advance is the best game in the Advance series and the only redone version of any FF game that is absolutely superior to the original game. I just wanted to know why this fellow wanted to play one of the multiple fanlations of this game.

The first fanlation of FF V though is pretty memorable in the scene though as it was one of, if not the first "lost" games made playable by emulator for the english speaking world. It was crude but charming and brought us Butz.

Meh, it's higher resolution and I'd prefer to play on a TV. I suppose I could use a GBA emulator, or just play on my DS, but I dunno.

Beth Cyra

Man God said:

I partially agree with this, FF V Advance is the best redone FF, but I don't think it is the only one that is fully superior to it's original.

FF IV DS I say is better as well but I know alot of people dislike this version so I will keep quite on that one.

Beth Cyra

Thaedolus said:
Meh, it's higher resolution and I'd prefer to play on a TV. I suppose I could use a GBA emulator, or just play on my DS, but I dunno.

Or pick up a GBA player for gamecube and then get the best version of FF V on a TV.

Beth Cyra

Thaedolus said:
But this is what my homebrew'd Wii is for ;)

Haha wouldn't of even thought of that. Can understand the TV thing, in fact I agree on most counts, but I find FF V to really shine when it is sitting my Mirco so I will be playing it that way this time around.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thaedolus said:
But this is what my homebrew'd Wii is for ;)

GB Player>Any GBA emulator ever. Fact.

If you have GCN Component cables you can even play every GBA game in sweet delicious 480p. Those pixels never looked so...almost exactly the same!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of want to do this, but I already feel sort of overloaded on games to play right now, with DQ IX as my current portable RPG.

I suppose I can always sign up and try to sneak some V in, though.

Top Bottom