• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta 2011: This year it's for children!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I am using the save stating functionality of the emulator, but only in places where you could normally save in game. It's faster to load a save state than it is to die, and reload your in game save.

Kalnos

Banned
Tomat said:
I am using the save stating functionality of the emulator, but only in places where you could normally save in game. It's faster to load a save state that it is to die, and reload your in game save.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that.

Emitan

I only use it right before a boss fight if the save point isn't in the previous room. I can !Flee from nearly any battle so what's the point of getting into them and watching a cutscene again?

Negator

Hmm... I guess my best weapons possible to fight Ex Death fall under:

Ninja
Sasuke's Katana
Chicken Knife

Mystic Knight
Enhancer
Enhancer

Chemist
Assassin's Dagger

White Mage
Sage's Staff

Time to go Interdimensional!

Wilsongt

TheSeks said:
Got it, but I guess Black Mages can't throw the items to use against enemies in battle. :/ Guess I have to level up a bit.

Equip it and in battle use item, but hit up until you go to what you are equipped with. Then select the rod and boom. Instant broken rod against a boss.

Also in the same battle after you use that rod you can equip a new one by going back into the item menu and dragging it into your equip space.

Tomat

There's no way I'm beating Garula without more grinding. He tears through my party and I spend more time drinking potions than I do fighting.

Mazre

Twintania down, first real resistance I've hit in the rift. 6k jumps, flare, and phoenix got him low enough to pop odin on him

Edit: So coming back from the dungeon save point Ramuh foolishly tried to ambush me. I obliterated the old man for slowing down my ascent to ex-death.

NeoZylom

Tomat said:
There's no way I'm beating Garula without more grinding. He tears through my party and I spend more time drinking potions than I do fighting.

Same here ... I am already level 19 lol

Oh and we both are the same class!

Tomat

NeoZylom said:
Same here ... I am already level 19 lol

Oh and we both are the same class!

You're at 19 and you still can't beat him? God damn man, I'm only level 13.

Link Man

Banned
So yeah, the gray squirrels in the Jachol Cave are easily controlled, and go down with one hit of their Incisor. Easy AP for me!

DMG-01

Update #3

u1kJC.png
lVXd0.png
ord4E.png

First I've the gauntlet of meteor bosses starting with Titan. Super easy kill, but his post-death Earthquake hurt quite a bit.

I don't quite remember this next fight, but I do remember copious amounts of !Gaia spamming.

Finally, the Purobolosi were killed easily with Silence Spellblade, but they exploded a lot.

GTKaK.png
S6NIF.png

Anyway, I finally made it to World 2, but it was right after I saved that I realized I forgot to buy any Flame Rings. I'll likely regret that later. But, I got to kill the Abducter at least.

zNALt.png
zNALt.png

Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of the first Gilgamesh fight, so here is a picture from the second fight twice. That's almost just as good.

lmvuu.png
uV0yk.png
Oaj20.png
A4z6K.png
TfJcs.png
VuAlT.png

And this is the part where I realize that Geomancers are really amazing at certain points in the game. I did this many times and it felt great every time.

3WxCk.png

After I had my fill of Geoterrorism I payed my Pheonix Down tax to the T-Rex in the waterway.

oexbF.png
HN5Wp.png

I don't remember the miniplants being so weak, but they all died to one !Kick instantly. Other than that, it was straight !Gaia until victory. The second picture here is of my HP/MP amounts after the fight. I don't even think the Dragon Pod attacked me once.

QADVh.png

Oddly enough, Gilgamesh was harder to beat the second time than he was this time. He and Enkidu both died without incident.

sTW6r.png

I admit that I had no business defeating Atomos with my weak party, but I was lucky enough to get a lot of Sword Dances with my Dancing Dagger.

knO5c.png
http://imgur.com/hgr2S.png
The Crystals have always been pretty difficult for me, but I managed to concoct a winning strategy last year and employed it again this year. Basically, I equipped my MK with Bone Mail and a Flame Shield (that was conveniently located right before this fight). From the start of the fight, weaken the fire Crystal until he spams Firaga--healing you for about 1500 HP each time--and then kill the other three Crystals one at a time. With the Bone Mail, he takes 0 damage and he absorbs the Firagas with his shield. I also had to mix him a Goliath Tonic just to be safe. It was a long fight, but not that bad.

And the fight with X-Death was, well the fight with X-Death. You guys know how it is.

http://i.imgur.com/kUsz8.pnghttp://imgur.com/O4ak5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/NM2rG.png
Also, Krile.

Mazre

Grr...phase 1 exdeath I take zero damage, phase 2 I get wrecked, time to grind some hp for almaghest and single target nukes.

Emitan

Tomat said:
I ended up with Faris throwing potions at herself and Bartz and Bartz just attacked. Everyone else was dead and I couldn't revive them and keep the healing up.

A3fIZ.png

Galuf is the bestest.
;_;

Link Man

Banned
Yay, lots of exposition! In this session, I had:

-Depression cured by the power of violence!
-Flashbacks to scenes I just witnessed!
-A reminder of the Japanese disaster earlier this year!
-Bartz plays vet!
-Galuf reminisces about the good old days in the desert!
-Galuf throws a Chimaera at the Sand Worm, preventing the murder of Faris!
-We play hide and seek with King Tycoon!
-We destroy a working teleporter!
-We play hide and seek with a frog for 10 gil!
-Bartz tries working at Red Lobster and is fired for being too efficient!
-Faris shows why Berserkers are useful by being the only effective fighter against the Adamantoise!
-We blow up a big gun while drowning in inuendo!

So I'm about to enter the Ronka Ruins. Should be pretty easy, except for the Archeoavis. I think I'm done for tonight though, might work on some artwork.

FinalFantasy5Advance_08.png

Tomat

You know, I never understood why they make enemies look so detailed during battle while they leave the main characters so simplified.

Aeana

Tomat said:
You know, I never understood why they make enemies look so detailed during battle while they leave the main characters so simplified.
I always thought Nomura was a pretty good monster designer. He did a great job with FF5. He should do more of that.

ccbfan

Adventures of my white mage.

Well bust through the start and got to the water crystal.

1. The Crab boss took the longest but easy.

2. Siren was easy since I could cure her death form

3. Kept running out of mp and hp fighting the wife and husband so I went back to ship graveyard and grinded to level 10 and beat them both using protect cure and 20-30 damage per attack.

4. Fought the Mammoth thing before the water tower. Protect everyone. This one took a long time. It basically has two phases. First phase was easy. Second phase he counters every attack with two attacks. So I only attacked with Bartz who had a morning star while everyone else defended or cure.

Well here comes some help right?

Well I guess no since the next class is.

@ccbfan315 has gotten the Water Crystal Shards and unlocked 'Berserker'. HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL white mage first then Berserker. Still no reliable damage but still better than 4 white mages. At least I'm getting a challenge out of this. I complained the last 2 years about it being too easy.

Speaking of which I forgot the rules. Do you have to use two of each class after the water crystal or can you use 3 and 1.

Doing some things.

ff5_00037-1.png

This jerk had a bunch of shadows that my zerked Knight couldn't pin down. He got caught eventually though.

ff5_00038-1.png

Too bad he didn't have the mp to cast Holy. Thanks to my reflect it would have bounced back and healed him....potentially creating a nasty loop.

ff5_00039-1.png

Doing anything to this guy aside from casting spells causes him to respond with a reset. I'm stuck with terribad comet and basically waiting until he starts throwing out level 3 spells with crazy speed.

ff5_00040-1.png

And just like that's he gone.

ff5_00041-1.png

Requiem is great for these nasty and annoying foes.

ff5_00042-1.png

These guys love to revive themselves and throw out delta attacks if you don't kill them all at once. Jokes on them because Delta Attack is reflectable.

ff5_00043-1.png

The result is predictable.

Unfortunately I just got a new game review to do so I'll put in work on that before I come back to this.

Tomat

Beat Garula and got Red Mage. No clue how good/bad they are.

Now in World 2 proper. With Samurai Bartz, the Abductor was not much of a problem, though I did need to use a Hi-Potion since he pulled Hurricane out on the second turn. Now comes another one of my favorite scenes: Galuf's bad-ass solo march to break the party out of jail, and the Battle on the Big Bridge. As a Geomancer, Galuf tore through the opposition with the !Gaia attack Wind Slash, beat Gilgamesh for the first time, and freed the party. Now with a complete party, we ventured out into the World 2 map. World 2 is where Geomancers really shine, since one of the !Gaia attacks in the swamps insta-kills a mob of enemies. Good place for grinding.

As for the Big Bridge, not much trouble there, even with Gilgamesh, as I had the physical prowess of Bartz the Berserker and Samurai Faris, and the White Magic and !Gaia attacks of Lenna and Galuf (Galuf mastered Geomancer, so I switched their jobs). After that, the road to Regole was mostly swamp, so it was easy going with the power of !Gaia.

ccbfan

LOL just got past Karnak and found out my third job.

I can't even make this up.

@ccbfan315 has aquired the Fire Crystal job 'Bard' and will no longer fear the undead!

So far I got White Mage, Berserker, Bard. No damage at all. Bards great as support characters. The problem is there's no one to support. Hide and leave GBA on might be a prime strategy at this point.

Anyone get a worse roll than me so far?

B.K.

I had my first death against Garula. It hits hard against a Black Mage. I'll grind out a couple levels and try it again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The age old question of what is the worst party:

I've had one of the contenders, Monk, Berserker, Beast Master, Dragoon.

Knight-Best Weapons and Armor. Normally Equip Swords would be useless, but its actually decent in Fiesta for certain classes (Makes Berserkers even better for instance.)
Monk (Barefisted is amazing early on, and those plus HP's can be put to decent use in certain places.)
Thief (Extra, free equipment to make up for slow start)
White mage (Healing and decent utility spells)
Black mage (Backrow damage and eventually decent healing plus Rods)
Blue mage (Blue magic is great in this game. Takes time to get with certain fiesta parties, but still good. Underrated equips too.)

Mystic knight (Great equips, eventual healing, sick elemental damage)
Time mage (Equip Rod is the icing on the delicious time/space magic cake.)
Summoner (Probably the best game for summoners, even their call ability is decent)
Red mage (Really great ability in regular game, in fiesta can be somewhat lessened with the wrong party)
Berserker (Underrated but still the worst job in the tree. Terrible synergy. Equip Axes+Death Sickle can be decent for the end of world 1 and part of world 2.)
Mime (Not normally apart of Fiesta Challenge, but maybe should be.)

Beastmaster (If you have a Blue Mage this might be the best complimentary job in the Fiesta. Without...Whips are occasionally good and with proper captures you can beat anything. Yellow Dragons are civilization.)
Geomancer (Really decent in certain parts, but they definitely show their age later on.)
Ninja (Two weapons is just as good if not better in Fiesta.)
Bard (Bards can solo the game. People not in the know tend to underestimate them. It is true that they don't show their true worth until world three but man, maybe the second best class in this challenge.)
Ranger (Xstrike is good. Bows can be good. Good class.)

Samurai (GP toss, strong weapons, can beat the game with four gp tossers that can heal. Good class)
Dragoon (Lance is a decent ability for recovering MP, but Mystery Waltz will do just as well. Equip Lances might be the worst equip in the game. Decent for killing Shinryu, but not much else.)
Dancer (Equip Ribbons, 50% Swords dance rate, awesome class. No HP though.)
Chemist (The hands down best class in the game.)

So I submit that the worst party in the game is:

Monk
Berserker
Geomancer
Dragoon.

No real synergy. No decent way of healing. Bad equipment. Beastmaster and Geomancer is the only real argument. Beastmaster has the incredible powers of control and the one shot pokémon cannon. Geomancer has the easier time getting through exdeath's castle and a decent ability for kills before the beginning of world 2.

ccbfan

Man God said:
The age old question of what is the worst party:

I've had one of the contenders, Monk, Berserker, Beast Master, Dragoon.

Knight-Best Weapons and Armor. Normally Equip Swords would be useless, but its actually decent in Fiesta for certain classes (Makes Berserkers even better for instance.)
Monk (Barefisted is amazing early on, and those plus HP's can be put to decent use in certain places.)
Thief (Extra, free equipment to make up for slow start)
White mage (Healing and decent utility spells)
Black mage (Backrow damage and eventually decent healing plus Rods)
Blue mage (Blue magic is great in this game. Takes time to get with certain fiesta parties, but still good. Underrated equips too.)

Mystic knight (Great equips, eventual healing, sick elemental damage)
Time mage (Equip Rod is the icing on the delicious time/space magic cake.)
Summoner (Probably the best game for summoners, even their call ability is decent)
Red mage (Really great ability in regular game, in fiesta can be somewhat lessened with the wrong party)
Berserker (Underrated but still the worst job in the tree. Terrible synergy. Equip Axes+Death Sickle can be decent for the end of world 1 and part of world 2.)
Mime (Not normally apart of Fiesta Challenge, but maybe should be.)

Beastmaster (If you have a Blue Mage this might be the best complimentary job in the Fiesta. Without...Whips are occasionally good and with proper captures you can beat anything. Yellow Dragons are civilization.)
Geomancer (Really decent in certain parts, but they definitely show their age later on.)
Ninja (Two weapons is just as good if not better in Fiesta.)
Bard (Bards can solo the game. People not in the know tend to underestimate them. It is true that they don't show their true worth until world three but man, maybe the second best class in this challenge.)
Ranger (Xstrike is good. Bows can be good. Good class.)

Samurai (GP toss, strong weapons, can beat the game with four gp tossers that can heal. Good class)
Dragoon (Lance is a decent ability for recovering MP, but Mystery Waltz will do just as well. Equip Lances might be the worst equip in the game. Decent for killing Shinryu, but not much else.)
Dancer (Equip Ribbons, 50% Swords dance rate, awesome class. No HP though.)
Chemist (The hands down best class in the game.)

So I submit that the worst party in the game is:

Monk
Berserker
Geomancer
Dragoon.

No real synergy. No decent way of healing. Bad equipment. Beastmaster and Geomancer is the only real argument. Beastmaster has the incredible powers of control and the one shot pokémon cannon. Geomancer has the easier time getting through exdeath's castle and a decent ability for kills before the beginning of world 2.

I don't know why people underestimate monks. They're pretty good damager and have tricks you can do to be pretty powerful. I think Thief is much worse and even White Mage if the rest of the classes lack a damage dealer.

Geomancer I've never used so I have no clue but depending on the situation Bard might be worst. Again they're great supports but unless you want every battle to last 4 hours you need damage dealers.

Earth Class all are good but I do agree Dragoons are the worst. Still good though.

IMO this current version doesn't have the worse party. The old version with Thief, White Mage, Berserker, and Bard.

This version though I say

Thief
Berserker
Elemtal
Dragoon

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ccbfan said:
I don't know why people underestimate monks. They're pretty good damager and have tricks you can do to be pretty powerful. I think Thief is much worse and even White Mage if the rest of the classes lack a damage dealer.

Geomancer I've never used so I have no clue but depending on the situation Bard might be worst. Again they're great supports but unless you want every battle to last 4 hours you need damage dealers.

Earth Class all are good but I do agree Dragoons are the worst. Still good though.

IMO this current version doesn't have the worse party. The old version with Thief, White Mage, Berserker, and Bard.

This version though I say

Thief
Berserker
Elemtal
Dragoon

Thieves can steal and that makes the game a lot easier, there is some absolutely nasty stuff you can steal before you ever get the Thief's Knife and speed is a very underrated ability. Also because of how mechanics work they become absolutely deadly with the Chicken Knife at the end of the game. Monks can basically get a lot of HP and make any class do decent frontrow damage for part of the game.

Basically none of the first crystal jobs are bad, so you have to pick the one that least helps you beat the game, and that is probably Monk.

Negator

Boss Marathon!
TTr5Z.png
rWs1X.png

KP2rE.png
3eFTT.png

LRLmS.png
XHuCg.png

Oh fuck. This is where I got stomped last year and couldn't finish.
A8e9J.png
6GjhW.png

Fuck you and your chain quake bullshit.
1neJD.png

Round 2:
Mji9V.png

YESSSS
aThlP.png

Died so fast I didn't even cap it.
0zYh9.png

Ouch. Was not expecting that. I saw this screen three times.
ITTtl.png

Round Four: Cast Shell before doing ANYTHING.
oihmr.png
Heol5.png

Hardest part was the beginning, but I came out strong in the end.
Qcf2D.png

Oh SHI-
QPmp9.png

God damn it. I might need to gain a few levels first :(
Ggw3h.png

Boney

Banned
Man God said:
I signed up just to do this and will never use it again.

Well, unless this happens next year...
Maybe I'll do it tommorow.. I totally quit last year when I couldn't figure out how to beat this tower boss last year and my classes started to frustrate me.

Still, I'm game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't really understand the Twitter hate/obstinacy.

1) You don't need to give any biographical data.

2) No one can see the email address you used to register and you're free to use a junk email. You will never be contacted by email.

2) Friends requests aren't symmetrical, so you don't need to follow someone just because they want to follow you.

3) You can delete any/all tweets you've ever posted very quickly.

4) There is exactly one privacy setting. Turn it on and only people you approve can see your stuff.

You couldn't make a site that's smaller and less obtrusive than Twitter is. You don't even need to use the website. You can use one of dozens of third party programs, phone apps, etc. Don't like the website? Don't use it.

It takes five seconds to sign up for. You are not at any risk. You don't need to do anything you don't want to do. Use a disposable email and password.

Boney

Banned
Ok so I had one a friend asked me to do to help him out with a college thingy.

So how does this thing work, how do I tweet the wind, water and yadda yadda thing

DMG-01

Wait, wait, wait. You can skip the Gilgamesh fight in Exdeath's castle at the end of World 2? I just walked past the treasure chest and got into a fight with Exdeath. Are there any negative effects from skipping Giglamesh?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DMG-01 said:
Wait, wait, wait. You can skip the Gilgamesh fight in Exdeath's castle at the end of World 2? I just walked past the treasure chest and got into a fight with Exdeath. Are there any negative effects from skipping Giglamesh?

He won't appear in the N-Zone. If you have a thief it means missing out on some good steals.

Aeana

B.K. said:
Twitter is the worst thing to happen to the internet since Facebook.
It opened up the closed box of Japanese game development, and those developers are communicating with fans for the first time. Terrible, indeed.

Top Bottom