• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Five Four Job Fiesta 2011: This year it's for children!

Wilsongt

squall211 said:
What the hell. I'll make it even more interesting.

I'll double both your donation AND Segata's donations. No limit (unless I somehow have some crazy unforseen money problem between now and the end of the event!).

Make me pay people.

Edit: Took out the $ limit. Its for a good cause.

challengeaccepted.jpg

Aeana

All right, you guys all have to finish so we can put Segata, Stump and squall211 in the poorhouse. Do it for the children!

squall211

Aeana said:
All right, you guys all have to finish so we can put Segata, Stump and squall211 in the poorhouse. Do it for the children!

That might be the nicest way anyone has ever wished poverty upon me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Zane said:
So I'm guessing there's no way for people who didn't get Beastmaster to get certain Blue spells such as White Wind? Are we allowed to have someone switch just for one battle to get these spells?

Tempting Tango on the Dancing Dirk means you can get almost everything.

Zane said:
So I'm guessing there's no way for people who didn't get Beastmaster to get certain Blue spells such as White Wind? Are we allowed to have someone switch just for one battle to get these spells?

There are quite a few ways to get such spells.

White Mage, Bard, Dancer all have abilities that can confuse enemies and get them to cast the spells. And any class that can equip knives (That is, most of them) can equip the Dancing Dagger to confuse them too.

Zane said:
No way for me to steal that :(

You don't steal it. It's in a treasure chest in Moogle Village.

Venfayth

Just a quick text update!

Over the weekend I've managed to get all my jobs and just finished the the desert pyramid temple thing, got my legendary weapons (all three that my classes can use ... mystic knights using the dagger, beastmaster's rockin the whip, and my chemist has the staff.. poor white mage gets nothing! :[ )

When I get home from work today (approx 4 hours from this post) I'll be streaming/playing more! I'm aiming to try and get a couple more of the tablets, we'll see :D

Also, all of this is permanently recorded and available on my JTV account!

Tiktaalik

Alright so the twitterbot replied and I'm gonna be a Blue Mage for the Wind Crystal. Any tips? After work I'm going to have to read through the thread and find other Gafers that have the same setup.

So when I get the Blue Mage job do I set my entire party to Blue Mages or just one? Furthermore when I get each subsequent job what do I do, do I leave one person as Blue Mage and set the rest to the new job or what? What are the rules here?

Venfayth

HiddenWings said:
Dragoon might be more difficult than dancer, since Dancer gives everyone the capability of having ribbons.

I'd think Knight would be harder than Monk, as well.

Knight, Berserker, Beastmaster, Dragoon

ouch

ff5_00022-1.png

Dragon Fang + Potion leads to Dragon Power. This adds +20 to a character's level and it stacks. The results are pleasant to say the least.

ff5_00023-1.png

Then Galuf kills Ex-death and I win the game! Time to pay up Segata, Stump, and Squall!

...oh right.

=(

Kalnos

Banned
Tiktaalik said:
Alright so the twitterbot replied and I'm gonna be a Blue Mage for the Wind Crystal. Any tips? After work I'm going to have to read through the thread and find other Gafers that have the same setup.

So when I get the Blue Mage job do I set my entire party to Blue Mages or just one? Furthermore when I get each subsequent job what do I do, do I leave one person as Blue Mage and set the rest to the new job or what? What are the rules here?

Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but it's:

When you have 1 class, you must have all 4 party members as that class.
When you have access to 2 classes, you can have a combination of 1x3 or 2x2.
etc until each of your 4 party members are their own unique class.

You can only use the classes the bot chooses for you.

Venfayth

Tiktaalik said:

You must set your entire party to blue mage until you get access to the second crystal job, at which point you may start having some variation.

You must have at least one of each unlocked class in your party, and you may only use the classes you have unlocked.

So if you get red mage next, your party could either be: 3 blue mage 1 red mage, 2 blue mage 2 red mage, or 1 blue mage 3 red mage.

Negator

Lots of stuff today.

Exdeath was a BITCH to take down. Especially with Zombie Breath zombying three of my party members! Once he went WTF mode I had to get shell and blink on all my party just to avoid getting destroyed. Had to fight him a good three-four times.

Got to world 3 and man I hate these things. (On my second encounter with them, I found that Break Sword works on them. Whoops!)
lAP3h.png

Boring. Next.
m2149.png

Now we're talking.
How do you beat this guy with a White Mage, Mystic Knight, Ninja, Chemist party?
Ayfh4.png

My first strategy was trying to mix up a Antilixir by mixing an Elixir and Dark Matter. It would not work. Reset the game.
My next strategy was trying to Berserk the dude and kill him with Break sword. I berserked him, break sword failed, and came to the horrible realization that he hits stupidly crazy hard. Time to redo the tower again.
My third try I though, maybe I could kill all of his MP with Osmose Sword while he is berserked, while I hide behind !Image and Blink. Success! I drained most of his MP. Then I realized that I could have just been attacking him the whole time. Whoops! Slapped Osmose on my sword, berserked Faris, and went to town while Lenna kept Image up on both members.
In short, it is possible to beat this guy easily with White Mage + Anything.
B4Y8B.png

Now I can destroy the rest of this game with my newly acquired magic!
r1yL0.png

Here is my party as of two tablets and Fork Tower completed into world 3.
62xo0.png

Joule

Galuf: The traveling around this job brings us is certainly a plus.
ShipGraveyard.png
She.png

And as well as getting to know your coworkers more.

Like with every occupation, no matter how mundane, workplace safety is always a priority.
SoulSteal.png
SoulSteal2.png
Siren.gif

Even more so when your workplace is a graveyard of undead beings.

Faris: I think we're all getting the hang of this magic thing. Just learning one spell at a time.
SleepSpell.png

Galuf: Poison flowers and poison arrows. A shame we have no medical plan to help us out in these times.
PoisonFlowers.png
PoisonArrow.png
Magissa.gif
Forza.gif

Lenna: I really wasn't feeling too great but you can't really have a sick day in this line of work. I managed to power through it and that new sleep spell did a lot of the work.
(Sleep makes Forza just a wall of hp for my mages to slowly pick at)

J: Lenna's got a lot of connections. I wonder if she can land me a stable post somewhere.
StopIt.png
Garula.gif

Faris: J took a hit today on site. I guess it's bound to happen sooner or later to any of us. We'll be fine after we take a rest at the inn but we've got to take care of ourselves. Good thing we're a team that can cover each other.
(That Flame rod I got from those Ricard Mage's really helped out)

Galuf: We've happened upon another job opportunity. It's a different line of magecraft but a very similar trade to what we do now. I feel like at least one of us should take it so we can branch out our skills as a whole. Perhaps if we can collect enough of such assets, we four can have a fine business venture.
SecondJob.png
SecondJob2.png
TimeSpells.png

(Black Mage and Time Mage, things are moving pretty smoothly for me)

Zane

lgmNk.png

Aqua Breath was kind of tough to get. I had to put all my dudes in the back row and then wait around for the monster to cast the spell. He did, and only Galuf died. Then I immediately broke a Frost Rod, which killed the monster in one hit. ...It was harder than it sounds, trust me.

tglmp.png

The next dungeon was the Library of Ancients. This is a pretty inventive dungeon.

qF5zj.png

Aera is a great spell. :)

G9fPT.png

Moon Flute berserks all your dudes.

XmYuW.png

Free healing! I think I used this thing about fifty million times.

4gvVJ.png

Here's why. Before going any further into the dungeon, I went outside and grinded Bartz to level 20. The fast-forward key helped immensely here.

tNcFA.png

And here's the reward for my grinding: An instant-death spell that is effective against a surprisingly large amount of bosses. I had to grind to 20 because you can only learn spells if they actually work on you and when I got here, I was only level 17.

qoSw6.png

Ifrit is a unique summon in that you need to get him to progress.

QIITr.png

He's easy, though! Powered up my Mystic Knights and Geomancer with Blizzara Spellblades and used the Blue spell Vampire when I needed healing.

mEMOW.png

22CY1.gif

53LBb.png

Byblos is easy. Here's how you kill him...

ls1mh.png

Death Claw works on Byblos and it immediately brings his HP down to a single digit (also paralyzes him).

icg3I.png

22CY1.gif

Venfayth

Negator said:
What's the best weapon I can get for my Mystic Knight? I find it hard to believe it is Assassin's Dagger.

Enchanter is, I'm pretty sure. It's a rare steal from Sword Dancers.

And yeah.. My party is almost identical to yours, replace your ninja with my beastmaster. Really very limited usage of the legendary weapons for us :/

Negator

Acullis said:
Enchanter is, I'm pretty sure. It's a rare steal from Sword Dancers.

And yeah.. My party is almost identical to yours, replace your ninja with my beastmaster. Really very limited usage of the legendary weapons for us :/

Yay for the Thief Knife!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Where's the Frost Rod before climbing the mountain? Screwed myself at the boss fight by not being able to deal damage, going to cheese her and had to load an earlier save and climb back up to where I was. *sigh*

The second world! Many of the meteorite bosses didn't pose much of a problem for my reformed team (Bartz: Berserker, Lenna: White Mage, Faris: Samurai). Before facing Titan, I went back to North Mountain to confuse some Gaelicats. You see, when confused, a Gaelicat has a chance of casting Float on a Party Member, so I confused mobs of them until they cast Float on all of my party members. With Bartz and Faris on offense and everyone floating, Titan quickly went down without causing any damage.

The Parabolos boss was a bit more tricky, during my first battle with them, I was unlucky enough to have three of them use Self-Destruct on their first turn. Game Over. The second battle went much more smoothly, with Bartz and Faris attacking, and Lenna using MT Silence spells to keep them from reviving everyone. Manticore was no problem too. I even went in without healing from the Parabolos fight, and still defeated him. Then again, I was lucky that he didn't use Aqua Breath. Thus, with all of the meteors powered up, I stocked up on Tents and Ethers at Lix and finished the Shiva side-quest that I forgot to do earlier, then left for the Second World, switching the jobs of Bartz and Faris to prepare for the Abductor battle.

Ultratech

Made it to the Earth Crystal, so now I get...Dragoon!

Yeah, so my final party is:
Blue Mage
Mystic Knight
Ninja
Dragoon

At least I got some Magic...
This'll definitely make for an interesting party though.

TheSeks

PataHikari said:
In the port town in one of the crates, you have to go through a hidden passage to reach it.

You mean the one to the south of the mountain? I can't seem to find the path. :/

ccbfan

@ccbfan315 has registered for FF5FJF2011 and got the Wind Job 'White Mage'. Yay, healing!

Ouch this is going to be a rough first part.

Wilsongt

Dragon Pod defeated thanks to a lot of broken rods.

Just to help me clarify the rules: For example, of Galuf masters the Knight class, and I switch him over to Dragoon, does that mean that the character who is currently the Dragoon must switch over to Knight?

TheSeks

Still can't find a way to the Frost Rod unless it's in the one town after the Wind Shrine and before the canal. :/ Fuck, I don't think I can do enough magic damage against the summoned husband. :/

Wilsongt

TheSeks said:
Still can't find a way to the Frost Rod unless it's in the one town after the Wind Shrine and before the canal. :/ Fuck, I don't think I can do enough magic damage against the summoned husband. :/

It's in the town before you get the dragon. If you down the stairs, you should be able to go underneath the path near the harbor to reach a box with the Frost Rod.

@Absoludacrous has aquired the Fire Crystal job 'Geomancer'. Tinkle, tinkle little bell! Geomancer sure is swell!

Looks like I'm joining the Geomancer army. Should be interesting, but I'm more and more glad I drew Knight as these later jobs get revealed.

ff5_00024-1.png

Gilgamesh being a huge waste of space and time.

ff5_00063.png

Ex-death had zero chance.

ff5_00064.png

The bard is of course the star of the Pyramid. Any enemy that is immune to Requiem falls to Charm or Stop so it's easy peasy.

ff5_00066.png

Yeah...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm still way early in the game right now; just now fighting Magissa. Grinded for a little while (Using the +Speed on the emulator... I feel dirty) and bought a bunch of potions. Still rolling with four thieves.

Billychu said:
You need fast forward for Thieves. Some fights just take forever. Especially if your second class can't deal damage.

So far I've only used it for that little bit of grinding I did before the Magissa fight, everything else has been normal. Only made it to level 11 anyway, so I don't think I went overboard. I'm glad I did thought seeing how much in game time it took to do all that.

*edit*

Holy shit I just ran into Jackanapes. Im boned.

Emitan

You need fast forward for Thieves. Some fights just take forever. Especially if your second class can't deal damage.

TheSeks

Wilsongt said:
It's in the town before you get the dragon. If you down the stairs, you should be able to go underneath the path near the harbor to reach a box with the Frost Rod.

Got it, but I guess Black Mages can't throw the items to use against enemies in battle. :/ Guess I have to level up a bit.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Trojita said:
You guys playing backups better not be save stating.

I'm only save stating in places that I could normally save. Is that alright? (Designated save points and outside towns)

Kalnos

Banned
Tomat said:
I'm only save stating in places that I could normally save. Is that alright? (Designated save points and outside towns)

Yeah, you're good. He means using the emulators save state functionality.

Top Bottom