• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII

Evlar

Banned
icecream said:
Assuming it's true, it can very well be another PS3 title, another platform, or a Wii title as well as a 360. And judging from S-E current position, it's probably not the 360.
It may not even be a game.
It's probably a game.

Snaku

Banned
Grivenger said:
Well, Square already confirmed that the FNC: FFXIII project would have more than three games. I really like the idea of this compilation: Different games, same universe and mythos.

Who says I'm gonna give a shit about the universe and mythos, much less like them enough to buy 4+ games? I mean they're really pushing it here. At least with the Compilation of FFVII there was a humongous fanbase. Imagine if they had taken this same approach with FFX. Ugh, had to choke back a little bit of vomit just thinking about it.

My eggs in one basket, let me show you them.

ManaByte

Diablohead said:
3 Variants of FFXIII is better then 13,14 and 15 imo.

There are going to be a total of six. There was a graphic shown when the first three were announced that showed six orbs, three were filled in (and one empty on was an Xbox green).

There's two PS3 titles, a mobile one, and now this one.

With six titles it's possible they're doing two for PS3, the mobile, X360, Wii, and DS.

Phthisis

ManaByte said:
There are going to be a total of six. There was a graphic shown when the first three were announced that showed six orbs, three were filled in (and one empty on was an Xbox green).

There's two PS3 titles, a mobile one, and now this one.

With six titles it's possible they're doing two for PS3, the mobile, X360, Wii, and DS.

Which would fit nicely with their plan of "supporting all systems equally"

ManaByte

Ok, all of the orbs were green, I was wrong (it was a while since I saw the image). However you can clearly see there are six games planned:
fabulanovacrystallis1kd8.jpg

Jonnyram

ManaByte said:
Ok, all of the orbs were green, I was wrong (it was a while since I saw the image). However you can clearly see there are six games planned:
fabulanovacrystallis1kd8.jpg
Soundtrack, manga and DVD confirmed!

Hunahan

Banned
Christ, what's going on with all the big Japanese publishers all of a sudden?

I'm all for sequels to cool games and everything, but someone needs to tell these clowns it's ok to do a new IP every once in a while too.

No wonder Nintendo's all about change. They probably talked it around with these guys and realized there wouldn't be a game with a number under "IV" in the title to be found on the entire country unless they moved fast.

kevm3

I'm almost starting to dislike Final Fantasy now. It's feeling kind of like Madden or something. The amount of FF13 games Square is trying to pump out is ridiculous. It takes away some of the magic.

Carlisle

It'll be a sports game... like Blitzball, only that's the whole thing. There will be teams, leagues, frachises, drafts, trades you name it. Then they'll come out with a new edition each year and Fabula Nova Crystalis will never end.

Oh and it'll be a Virtual Console exclusive.

You heard it here first.

RaidenZR

Carlisle said:
It'll be a sports game... like Blitzball, only that's the whole thing. There will be teams, leagues, frachises, drafts, trades you name it. Then they'll come out with a new edition each year and Fabula Nova Crystalis will never end.

Oh and it'll be a Virtual Console exclusive.

You heard it here first.

That would actually be pretty refreshing in all regards.

Quazar

I'd love to see SE support each console with a FFXIII.(Spinoffs w/e) Something for everyone and it'd be great to see them take advantage of each system.

RiZ III

Why the hell are you guys complaining about FF games? Final Fantasy games are usually high production games which usually get high critical and user acclaim. They're usually better than a lot of the other stuff on the market. The more FF the better. Wooooot YEAaaahh

Yes it does take away from the magic, but damn it, after I finished FFX, I wanted more, same with 12.

Haeresis will probably be for PSP or something. Hopefully it won't be another KH-engine action RPG job like Dawn of Mana or Crisis Core.

RaidenZR

Diablohead said:
I'm just going by names, otherwise we would be on final fantasy 24 by now.

I think today there are as many PS3 launch threads on the main page as there are upcoming Final Fantasies announced. That was probably piss-poor grammar on my part, but it's late. Pardon.

Mr. Pointy said:
Haeresis will probably be for PSP or something. Hopefully it won't be another KH-engine action RPG job like Dawn of Mana or Crisis Core.

Square announcing worthwhile stuff for the PSP? :lol

Pureauthor said:
Square announcing worthwhile stuff for the PSP? :lol
I think they'll actually fulfill their promise of supporting all systems 'equally'. Haeresis and Crisis Core and suddenly, ports - thousands of them.

lupin23rd

Since the boxes on those pictures seem to match the text in them (more or less) it looks like only one could actually be a game.

Since it looks like they are going to announce a new FF game at their event in May, this could be the last one.

If they were all going to the PS3, maybe SE could pull some sort of Shining Force 3 on us.

BTW are both FF13 games using the White Engine (assuming they are still using it period) or just the mainline one?

m

lupin23rd said:
Since the boxes on those pictures seem to match the text in them (more or less) it looks like only one could actually be a game.

Since it looks like they are going to announce a new FF game at their event in May, this could be the last one.

If they were all going to the PS3, maybe SE could pull some sort of Shining Force 3 on us.

BTW are both FF13 games using the White Engine (assuming they are still using it period) or just the mainline one?

m

isnt it supposed to be meaningful given the anniversery? If that was the case there would no chance of a 360 release, unless it was released for all platforms.

White engine is used for FFXIII and FFVXIII

peace

This should be good if all three systems have thier own FF XIII games. I actually demand that all six of them appear on the Wii, but I sincerely think that this set-up is great and has the potential to make exciting Sales age threads. Yes, the MC thread have become that stale ever since Nintendomination began.

Bring them on, SE and release all of them almost simultaneously!

Dai Kaiju

I'm not gonna rile up the fan boys (or the mods) by saying "FF13 on 360 confirmed", but you have to admit it seems like a possibility. Sure, the S-E support for xbox has been laughable so far, but you couldn't really blame them for cautious about investing in 360 development. It's a different situation a year later though. The 360 has a record setting SW attach rate, and the PS3 is selling well below expectations. People say Squeenix is japan-centric, but like any other large company...they go where there is profit to be made. Also, they almost never do straight ports of their games with the exception of FFXI and maybe a few others. Perhaps x360 is getting Haeresis and PS3 is getting Versus as a way of getting around an exclusive deal.

EDIT: Not to mention that it's one of the last big name third party PS3 "exclusives" rumored to be going to 360. As we all know, that kind of rumor has had a nasty habit of coming true as of late.

chibcicylist said:
This should be good if all three systems have thier own FF XIII games. I actually demand that all six of them appear on the Wii, but I sincerely think that this set-up is great and has the potential to make exciting Sales age threads. Yes, the MC thread have become that stale ever since Nintendomination began.

Bring them on, SE and release all of them almost simultaneously!

as likely as chicken eating a dog...actually scratch that, they probably feed their chicken dog in china

Jonnyram

Diablohead said:
I'm just going by names, otherwise we would be on final fantasy 24 by now.
This is true.
Personally I just wish they'd do away with the number system and use subtitles for all new games. At least that way if they do a sequel they can use the numbers on their own instead of something like X-2.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
if FF Haeresis XIII is the x360 game are we going to have another one of those stupid threads saying FF exlusivity is lost?

cause the only one that really matters is the main FF XIII imo. the others are just filler games until FFXIV

davepoobond said:
if FF Haeresis XIII is the x360 game are we going to have another one of those stupid threads saying FF exlusivity is lost?

cause the only one that really matters is the main FF XIII imo. the others are just filler games until FFXIV

on the wii!

:p

Majmun

davepoobond said:

Indeed. FFXIII will remain Ps3 exclusive.

But I have a feeling that Wii and X360 will be getting a project too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Second said:
Indeed. FFXIII will remain Ps3 exclusive.

But I have a feeling that Wii and X360 will be getting a project too.

3 left projects and 4 consoles (psp,360,wii,ds) .... so one console will be left out at least...

so which one ?

Defuser

cw_sasuke said:
3 left projects and 4 consoles (psp,360,wii,ds) .... so one console will be left out at least...

so which one ?
Correction... 5 consoles.You're forgetting PS2,that thing is still a beast :D

Mau ®

I think Haeresis will be a 360 game. I kinda feel it... eh

I only care about FFXIII and to a lesser extend VersusXIII

Im thinking either the online game, which is the 360 game, or DS. Second seems very likely since there are no ffxiii ds games announced, but if so it will be announced at a later date

peace

tokkun

Is there some other confirmation that there are 6 projects besides that diagram with the circles? Because I assumed those circles meant "an undetermined number of more projects in the future" rather than "three more projects in the future that we haven't announced yet."

Mau ®

tokkun said:
Is there some other confirmation that there are 6 projects besides that diagram with the circles? Because I assumed those circles meant "an undetermined number of more projects in the future" rather than "three more projects in the future that we haven't announced yet."

Yeah I also think it was to represent "more projects in the pipeline" after all, FFXIII is a 10 year project so Im sure we will see more than 6 FFXIII titles
on DS

It could also mean movies. I wouldnt mind seeing more of "Lightning" :D

Top Bottom