• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD surpasses 1 million copies shipped!

Koh

I'll be honest, i expected less than half a million sold within the first month worldwide.

The port looked like a portable title and I'm continually shocked to hear people are willing to pay for a demo.

Good thing I'm not an analyst!

I bet you most of those sales were from the FFXV demo lol I bet you once people got the demo they just traded the game in. Still hoping for a vita port though...

Jockel

I must be one of the very few people only interested in the main game and not in the demo. It's a decent game and more fun to me than FFXIII.

I'm glad, really enjoying the game. Alot more than I thought I would honestly. About 30 hours of playtime so far.

Blur has been fine for me, it hasn't made me feel nauseous or be a nuisance and effect my play time. Don't understand the complaints personally.

The blur does suck. However, if you play the game like the PSP game it was born to be (pretend there's no right analog stick) it's really not bad at all. The camera does a great job on its own, most of the time, even in battle with hard lock.

That's not say the blur and whatever technical issues it's covering are no problem. Just that it's easily worked around.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm more interested in the sales split for the two versions. I got the Xbox One version in my Big Backlog Of Shame, but I'm assuming the PS4 version sold more since that's where the majority of FF fans are at.

Bruno MB

That's roughly 800,000 units shipped in the Western market.

It seems that I won't have to wait too long to find it available at a heavily discounted price.

Certinty

I'm glad it did well, I mean the game has its problems but overall it's pretty good.

Saying that I originally bought if for the XV demo and haven't even redeemed the code yet.

GeeTeeCee

It's a great game, absurd motion blur aside.

I do feel kind of bad that I played the hell out of the FFXV demo, played the opening sequence of Type-0... and then it got lost in the backlog behind Bloodborne.

Ricker

Good for them,loved the XV demo...Type-0 is ok but I suck at it lol,just cant seem to get the controls down,which is weird...

Without another demo? I would be surprised if it sells well.
Type-0 is a 3 years old port from an older handle generation device to a new home console generation devices..... The hype is absolutely not going to match the hype for a new type game building from the ground up for the new gen.

Happy to see it do well, even if a large part of that is probably purchases for the demo.

I still wanted Type-0 on the Vita, but this was probably for the best sales wise, it probably wasn't gonna move any Vita hardware unfortunately.

Sure helps when one of the most anticipated games demo of all time is packaged with the game. Otherwise I doubt it sells very well.

On a side note, weren't Squeenix's sales expectations somewhere around 5 billions copies sold?

Lucifon

I bought it for £27, sold the FF15 demo code on ebay for £20 and have barely touched Type-0 for more than a few minutes...I should probably try getting into it. I just didn't like how blurry it was and how it felt in general, maybe I need to give it more time.

Sure helps when one of the most anticipated games demo of all time is packaged with the game. Otherwise I doubt it sells very well.

On a side note, weren't Squeenix's sales expectations somewhere around 5 billions copies sold?

I really hope not, then again Square complained about TR reboot's sales even when it launched on PS3, 360, and PC, then ported it to PS4, and Xbone.

Yet they go ahead and make the next one "exclusive to Xbone" come on Square, I wonder what their sales expectations are for that game...

RPGCrazied

Good. I'm sure it was because of the demo. I really need to get back to Type-0, have other games I have been playing.

Top Bottom