• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD surpasses 1 million copies shipped!

Type-1 isn't even in the planning stages right now. Kingdom Hearts 3 will come out this year or next year for sure (we get 1 new Kingdom Hearts game per year in some form, so if not next year then this year will be a PS4/XB1 port of the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes.) So... The other way around.

Come on man, even 2016 sounds unlikely to be honest.

Higher than 75% in best buy in favor of ps4, I can't account for any other retailers.

99% on PS4 in Japan.
80% on PS4 in the UK is what we know so far.

Not surprised.

More surprised that they bothered to put out the Xbox One version out in japan. I mean FFXIII did amazing when they released the international version on the 360.

you have to take something people want and attach it to something they don't care about
dissidia demo in final fantasy xii hd

People want FF12 HD and Dissidia though. I see it as release the demo of a big IP alongside the release of a smaller one.

DQ11 to come with FF16 demo.

Great news, maybe SE won't mess around with other titles from the #buildthelist campaign.

I'm already picking up Final Fantasy X HD on Ps4 next month and will get FFVII when it drops. Sickens me to say so but will be fun to stream that one.

Hopefully KH HD collection gets announced soon!

Takao

Banned
People want FF12 HD and Dissidia though. I see it as release the demo of a big IP alongside the release of a smaller one.

DQ11 to come with FF16 demo.

I think you're overestimating interest in XII. I'd expect it to sell worse than X by a sizable margin in Japan
(especially if it's only on PS4/XB1)
which will then require the rest of the world to pick up the slack. Opinions may change with XII, but I remember the general reception being very much a love it or hate it situation.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
EIGHTY PERCENT? Wow I didn't expect it to be that high here.

Or this gen.

Don't hurt me KH fanatics.
Well considering the PS3 versions of FF sold around 2/3 of sales in the US /UK when 360 was dominating the ratio now isn't too surprising.

elty

When will this game hits $20? I have a sealed copy but I think I will return it - not enough time to play.

I think you're overestimating interest in XII. I'd expect it to sell worse than X by a sizable margin in Japan
which will then require the rest of the world to pick up the slack. Opinions may change with XII, but I remember the general reception being very much a love it or hate it situation.

I think the big difference between XII and X is how they aged. FFX was my favorite Final Fantasy growing up, but playing them both today, I find myself struggling to rekindle the magic with X, while with XII I find the gameplay to be even more fun than when I was a child and am at an age where I can appreciate the writing and voice acting for their quality. And I haven't even played the IZJS version yet.

zeopower6

I think even now XII is pretty love it or hate it. As is the situation with IX.

Dark_castle

I think even now XII is pretty love it or hate it. As is the situation with IX.

Nah, everybody loves IX. It and VI are the only two installment in the series with little to none backlash, along with Tactics if we count non mainline. IV and V too I guess.

Dargor

Well, I bought one of those. So you better appreciate me, Square Enix!

Now, I have to say it, they do deserve it. Type-0 is a great game.

wmlk

Nah, everybody loves IX. It and VI are the only two installment in the series with little to none backlash, along with Tactics if we count non mainline. IV and V too I guess.

FFIX represents the pinnacle artistically, but replaying the game I just couldn't stand the battle system.

Top Bottom