• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD surpasses 1 million copies shipped!

Meneses

I wouldn't have bought it without the demo, but I was intrigued by Type-0.

It actually seemed interesting but I can't play it due to the camera (and the stick tricks didn't help me at all).

So, it ended up actually being the most expensive demo ever for me, which I kinda regret even though I really enjoyed playing it.

But they have my money already, so congrats to them, the hype is real.

KupoNut

Type-0 is an enjoyable game with some great new mechanics, although flawed, I can't wait what Tabata does with them on a next-gen system.

Angel_DvA

Yeah and almost nobody care of this game, buy it for FFXV like every of my friends, still haven't play Type-0 but I probably will in the future...

IzzyF3

Imagine how many a Crisis Core HD with an FF7 remake demo will ship.

On topic though, I bought a collectors edition, but put it in the backlog because of Bloodborne. Not specifically for FFXV demo, I would have bought it regardless.

SkylineRKR

type-0 was fantastic and the FFXV demo was awful

I ended up enjoying Type 0 much more, though I didn't buy it for the FFXV demo. I liked the Type 0 demo on PSP already.

But the FFXV demo actually made me realize I don't even want this game asap. Judging the demo this game is better off being in development for another year or 2. I thought it was incredibly boring (chase behemoth, run away, go back), awful framerate, unfun gameplay. Deleted it long ago.

MogCakes

Seems like there's a mixed reception to Type-0. I enjoy the combat but I can't bring myself to care for any of the cast. On the other hand I'm really liking Noctis and co. Pretty impressive sales* numbers for an HD remake or a demo no matter how you split it.

*shipped

Rush_Khan

Glad I'm not the only one who thought the XV demo was terrible but I'm really enjoying Type-0 and its combat.

But yeah, probably a wiser move to release this on PS4/XB1 as opposed to Vita. Larger audience. Curious to know the exact sales numbers.

pushBAK

I will admit I only bought the game for the demo. Not that I'm against Type-0, I just don't have the time in my adult life to play though a JRPG anymore.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
^ But you bought it for a demo of a game that is an even bigger JRPG!?

On topic

Good to see, even though i didn't buy a first run copy, i'll still buy type 0 new when the price goes down

Hope this at least meets SE expectations. I ended up loving Type-0. Just got my Platinum Trophy last week on it.

Would be awesome if Type-1 happens

Tohsaka

Hopefully that changes to sold, eventually. I thought the game was quite good, I'm glad I waited and didn't just play the fan translation.

Sora_N

I'll buy when $20 even though it sounds like its not really worth it.it'll go nicf with my $20 lightning returns

Einbroch

Banned
I will admit I only bought the game for the demo. Not that I'm against Type-0, I just don't have the time in my adult life to play though a JRPG anymore.

Surprisingly enough, Type-0 actually is pretty good for quick bursts. Run a mission, call it a day. Skip the cutscenes and just read up on the lore in the menus. It's not a terribly long game if you do that, probably even under 20 hours.

Ya shipped doesn't really tell us much. I hope the game does well enough for XII HD to be greenlit.
X|X-2 HD sales were the criteria for XII HD, not Type-0 HD.

If SE still can't figure out that XII HD has a demand from the sales of X|X-2 HD, they are helpless.

Type-0 HD doing good sales wise just makes it more likely that we get Type-1.

I actually bought Type-0 HD to play Type-0 HD. The FFXV demo was just a bonus.

That was, until I tried to play Type-0 and the motion blur caused me serious discomfort. Turns out all I ended up really playing was the demo.

Illucio

Banned
I'm okay with this. Type-1 to come with KH3 demo anyone

Type-1 isn't even in the planning stages right now. Kingdom Hearts 3 will come out this year or next year for sure (we get 1 new Kingdom Hearts game per year in some form, so if not next year then this year will be a PS4/XB1 port of the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes.) So... The other way around.

Mesoian

Type-1 isn't even in the planning stages right now. Kingdom Hearts 3 will come out this year or next year for sure (we get 1 new Kingdom Hearts game per year in some form, so if not next year then this year will be a PS4/XB1 port of the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes.) So... The other way around.

I bet we don't see KH3 until 2017. I bet we get 1.5/2.5 ps4 bundles next year.

dramatis

It's funny too considering the game helped raised the sales of the PS4 greatly in Japan. But I think that just means the PS4 is simply not selling that well in Japan.
I thought Dragon Quest Heroes helped raise the sales of PS4 in Japan, not Type-0.

BasilZero

That is great to hear. I played a bit of the PSP version and I enjoyed it.

I cant wait to get my own copy of the HD version later in the year...sadly I wont be able to experience FFXV demo though :/.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

KH3 isnt coming out this year.

Top Bottom