• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Episode Yuffie officially titled Episode INTERmission

Exentryk

Press Release:

SQUARE ENIX® today revealed exciting new details for FINAL FANTASY® VII INTERGRADE, the enhanced and expanded version of the critically acclaimed and award-winning FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on the PlayStation®5 (PS5™) console. The team revealed the official title for the new episode featuring Yuffie as FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, and introduced new information on the episode’s main character, Yuffie Kisaragi, as well as the talented English voice cast behind the new characters for this new episode.

QHqNidGH1zOZv3aML3M6V_OD4gPb-D_FAu8kryp0Viqg5v9pe-DTz4CpfIsSExQsAyKYd_3M3sSN5Tpwa8uMj71Z5zjjQHGvl0lmSJyEQ9mzFpPM0dH9_xifQwe7oRt7rUa_qNJn4ZwE-Gw2Iql0QYzWOL6On9-1HT_deUwr_E5kwYkcjx2Sni7zNGCxxbIj0bFaOPKE_oBdmpMCJvSn44J91hE5JSi4aYp0oSMqMIyzGJrH1nixumvkl4QbaaRLbmP-oIJuYAt2OKEveHp5IjLYZAyR3CFgyNNw4HijlCmJbgTeF2-auvg2rAF_rsqMo8ppkZhcK8Yjzi45BuoWl4iLdf0rcBGooavQQqXyRombnq09j2-oAU6EOfbxEBNkEovS93d00Fosrx0sHEP6SHvBugGR98gOn8vrCZDHk5Z7uyu9=s0-d-e1-ft

Players can look forward to utilizing Yuffie’s signature battle style in combat while they infiltrate the shadowy Shinra Corporation to steal a powerful materia and restore glory to her homeland, as she shines in both close and long-range combat. As a member of Wutai's elite corps of ninja operatives, her Unique Ability allows her to throw her iconic massive throwing star at enemies. During that time, she is able to attack with long-range ninjutsu that can be augmented with her Elemental Ninjutsu ability, which can change its affinity to fire, ice, lightning or wind.

qatUEqCDq2INtdjtKbcTBR-0EBfAMb0GZMzcUNgeGo_iW9cTdQ1qNm7vWpFlwOIs7Jj6665u8kFXFEKfAtacD1C3_WHQfXcRF35UxLWn3PQhbHwTP2RbG5xESjCbeUSTPYg6W8hNXK7Nup60JrvOXGoGgOc1DxAi0-4Ne1tkBeAarMcXYdef9cfZFOQjNFhOGscYZsB8oFM-zS2liEwnBmmkiNa4HsoIUQpuipSvlMybNXc7QJUojweXVDeWtJ7cgGa-oy-S22yP3swcdrOSE7Cdn0pJoyY-_9_xPANw2CbwaZ2NguV05GBY_8Jcaap2_HWNsABKEt2VA-0u8uu0zsrM2VXcjSUlZTMBLuDJ1IW-hBNgq2SDjtMzYT4GBZNE1NwFir6sV4b54znB9KTZglC3H_JdT-bUAoSNtRx-K7cX_xas=s0-d-e1-ft

Another of Yuffie’s abilities, “Banishment,” unleashes an attack that does more damage based on how much ATB was spent before it. Similar to her Unique Ability, its elemental affinity can be changed with Elemental Ninjutsu.

DGHXYvhixwbxya52ZEsaOc1HMFODAbUxgA3aaX8plQ5m6M-kfj6ZW4MUqvsOLOrJmKjePwQYKG5eWMuH-xoFKdxYQhN8_xczqMjBxv9Nzax9uPVwMWPkHm4YiX-FwbtZMKdYDnmTSH2JfV40Ub6ezWUtIUUuKTta8-oH6JUS-5gFNbbDMe7KEE7xaFkFZRgr-RJCltdxyCUKkPQBU9itbs1GPNzjRh4XYW1YxyOr9AYplXtgvP0g4RVPdkItJ25M8Diggw93q9fbQ0IrFo_F83SwP11h9LfqWnrT7CQ4S-8tDS3vfre0rHSHSwiq5Ys-by2fqkFSgNYAtAm29p6siU3I5L1TvbwuhAGCD7rVsyzE0lTdBrpHNF6aVSoO9IuPR2V5lPoUERQzOWVFlYPE0ymhDiFP3bk-9Mp2qT2XADnvc85Q=s0-d-e1-ft

Yuffie can also use “Windstorm,” which creates a damaging gust of wind that damages nearby enemies and launches them towards her. Players can look forward to learning even more about Yuffie’s specialized ninja fighting style and enjoy an expanded gameplay experience featuring multiple new combat and gameplay additions for FF7R EPISODE INTERmission.

mgX8rwUn-bG9lDS3A-UTpXHoGKuu1oq0vYR28oauo4JgIXlKoPgt47kE2BGy-cjTOqFv0OQN-rwYWhYEf_fBBhqKnEW1Po7n84Ba2No8FfRu-JspTZBzxCUvxRPLlE7YCHvAV7cg4y9F6byDv5UVOaUxqEghkPTUmxbzPvWYbBAREoa-JGBBLbA6qUraPV67FOA5qLL4WyRs4F6_pX45Q88Z-5eilRdyGqvcmQCJElBH2ctfIt5Hj1JC5Og1Aq7EvFFJ18Iv7z4VesRk5hGOVNZfHzFLdCC74UnOAFHjSKMsJqZCgWdtMsmo3hqnzbifRwRqVlVndyXLKLUylvW1gGqToIm7ZpAQDK_drwYRyO14Bm_7mHmyzyOG1-zUghAS9TrXfYriexP5_QMaU_P_kEC4iFIEi_7VsclosIo6Pk1WgQ_5=s0-d-e1-ft

Alongside Yuffie and Sonon, additional characters were introduced for FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, including Zhijie, a Wutain who acts as the point of contact between the new Wutaian government and Avalanche HQ, members of Avalanche HQ—Nayo, Billy Bob, and Polk, and Weiss, the sadistic ruler of Shinra’s top-secret underground research center Deepground.

SQUARE ENIX also announced the talented English voice cast behind these new characters in FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, including:

• Yuffie Kisaragi, voiced by Suzie Yeung
  • Sonon Kusakabe, voiced by Aleks Le
  • Weiss, voiced by Daman Mills
  • Zhijie, voiced by Griffin Puatu
  • Nayo, voiced by Ashley Boettcher
  • Billy Bob, voiced by David Goldstein
  • Polk, voiced by Daniel Amerman

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE takes advantage of the latest generation hardware and includes a wealth of graphical, gameplay and system enhancements for the PS5. Players who have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PlayStation®4 console will be able to download a free PS5 enhancement update* that will include all the next-gen visual and gameplay enhancements detailed above at no extra cost when playing on a PS5 console, and can purchase the new episode featuring Yuffie, FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, as a standalone download from the PlayStation®Store. Owners of the disc version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE on PS4 will require a PS5 console with disc drive in order to take advantage of this digital upgrade.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE is rated T (Teen) and will be available as a physical and digital Standard Edition, and as a Digital Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation®Store on June 10, 2021. The Digital Deluxe Edition of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE comes with a digital mini soundtrack featuring songs, such as "Descendant of Shinobi," and a digital artbook which includes concept art and character sheets. Customers who pre-order the digital Standard Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE will receive the pre-order bonus Cacstar weapon for use in FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, the new episode featuring Yuffie.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE is available to pre-order now from local and online retailers, and digitally as a Standard Edition for $69.99 or Digital Deluxe Edition for $89.99 at the PlayStation®Store. For users who download the free FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE PlayStation 5 enhancement update, the new episode featuring Yuffie, titled FF7R EPISODE INTERmission, will be available as a separate purchase on the PlayStation®Store for $19.99 starting June 10, 2021.

*If you already own FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PS4 (physical or digital version) and own a PS5, you can download the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE free PS5 enhancement update. Please note the PS4 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade. This update does not include the new episode featuring Yuffie. The new episode featuring Yuffie can be purchased separately. An internet connection is required to obtain the free PS5 enhancement update. However, if you have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (physical edition) for PS4 and own the PS5 digital edition (the model without a disc drive), then you are not eligible to download the upgrade.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
If you were a ninja attempting to infiltrate the capital city of your enemy, would you:

A. dress all in black and enter at night time

B. dress and act like an inconspicuous local

C. Enter in broad daylight wearing a cutesy animal costume on your top half and hot pants on your bottom half

Last edited:

saintjules

Last edited:

Kev Kev

i wish they would just focus on making the next installment. its already taking long enough and doing this unnecessary side mission is only going to slow things down more. no one asked for this. no one asked for a sequel instead of a remake either, but here we are... god dammnit square...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I don’t think the extra episode (DLC) is worth it buying again
50979931378_4e05ee0b87_k.jpg

The game originally came out in 1998 the remake is worth it it’s an A+ well developed game classic box office.

Roni

Gold Member
I’m not liking the directing this Remake is taking...

I don’t want 30 episodes... I want a full game.
Their whole angle is breaking this up into as many pieces as they can to pad the hell out of the compilation.

If they can remake some stuff to take the place of other stuff they already released, that's even better...

Metnut

Paid DLC will be fun and this is new content. I’ll take this any day over forced online multiplayer micro transaction funded GARBAGE

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It's cool and all and I loved FF7 Remake, but I just want to play the main story. Why are they making all this extra stuff?
1. I think they had to split it into several full-priced games in order to justify the expense of creating these environments in full detail

2. Tetsuya Nomura just can’t resist the opportunity to jack himself off as much as possible. He’s like a machine that can produce an unlimited amount of nonsensical garbage and interminable dialog. He will crank out as much drivel and fill up as much space as his handlers allow.

Skifi28

Am I supposed to brace myself for a Kingdom Hearts style of follow-up naming now?!
It's a given. I can't even imagine what they're going to name the second episode. Certainly not episode two or part two, what would be too obvious. I can already see somebody 15 years from now trying to understand in which order they have to play the 6 FFVII games. Fun times!

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It's a given. I can't even imagine what they're going to name the second episode. Certainly not episode two or part two, what would be too obvious. I can already see somebody 15 years from now trying to understand in which order they have to play the 6 FFVII games. Fun times!
LOL I can see it now.

OP: “Hi guys I’m new to the Final Fantasy VII saga. Where should I start? Any recommendations before I go in?”

[massive flame war erupts with everybody arguing for their preferred order to play them, which ones are the good ones, which ones you should skip and just watch a video recap, people quoting the Webster’s Dictionary definition of the word “remake”, people ruining the story by saying stuff like “BEWARE don’t watch or read anything about Episode 3.247 Retardigrade because it’ll spoil the MASSIVE PLOT TWIST that happens at the 10 hour mark!!!”]

OP: “uh yeah..... nevermind”

Last edited:

SegaShack

1. I think they had to split it into several full-priced games in order to justify the expense of creating these environments in full detail

2. Tetsuya Nomura just can’t resist the opportunity to jack himself off as much as possible. He’s like a machine that can produce an unlimited amount of nonsensical garbage and interminable dialog. He will crank out as much drivel and fill up as much space as his handlers allow.
It's so silly. FFVII Remake Part 1 couldve easily been 2/3rds of the main story if it didnt have so many extras.

iQuasarLV

When is SE going to learn that Nomura is just another wanna-be Kojima and that fad has passed. Sigh.

At the most I am willing to accept episodic content IF its a complete game in and of itself and part of a larger story.

I was warning circle jerkers years ago that SE would pull this shit, and I got laughed at. Well here you go folks, your shit sandwich.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
When is SE going to learn that Nomura is just another wanna-be Kojima and that fad has passed. Sigh.

At the most I am willing to accept episodic content IF its a complete game in and of itself and part of a larger story.

I was warning circle jerkers years ago that SE would pull this shit, and I got laughed at. Well here you go folks, your shit sandwich.
I swear there’s someone with a monkey’s paw out there.

“I wish for Final Fantasy VII Remake”

[Square Enix releases a game entitled “Final Fantasy VII Remake” but it’s not a true remake and it only covers the first 4 hours of the original]

“No, I want a true remake of the original Final Fantasy VII compilation”

[Square Enix announces a true remake... and it’s a F2P episodic smartphone game]

Can’t wait to see how wish #3 backfires!

iQuasarLV

You guys seem to forget that the Remake isn‘t only made for the fans of the original...

I myself haven‘t played it and therefore could not care less in how many parts they split it.
...and how many times do companies have to fail at a product release by pissing off the fan base that prompted the creation of the product in the first place (Star Wars anyone)?

I am, now, playing it on the free download for PS Plus membership, and I have to say I can feel some certain FF13 vibes from the claustrophobic environment. Up to chapter 10 and I still haven't had any solid gameplay other than running point A to B and doing little go-for quests. This game makes me think it is some aborted love child between FF13 and Crisis Core. *Shudder*

If these changes are for the new generation of gamer isntead of the old, good God...

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
...and how many times do companies have to fail at a product release by pissing off the fan base that prompted the creation of the product in the first place (Star Wars anyone)?

I am, now, playing it on the free download for PS Plus membership, and I have to say I can feel some certain FF13 vibes from the claustrophobic environment. Up to chapter 10 and I still haven't had any solid gameplay other than running point A to B and doing little go-for quests. This game makes me think it is some aborted love child between FF13 and Crisis Core. *Shudder*

If these changes are for the new generation of gamer isntead of the old, good God...
What, you didn’t enjoy such riveting moments as “go door to door replacing people’s water filters”, “go kill some monsters at the abandoned warehouse” “go kill some monsters at the abandoned junkyard”, “help me find my 3 cats”.....

What, you didn’t enjoy such riveting moments as “go door to door replacing people’s water filters”, “go kill some monsters at the abandoned warehouse” “go kill some monsters at the abandoned junkyard”, “help me find my 3 cats”.....
As opposed to the out of world excitement of "talk to a guy in a cave when your number of battles are an odd double number, "do the exact same chocobo race 500 times," or "reading 6 flyers on a wall.":

Games always had stupid side quests.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
As opposed to the out of world excitement of "talk to a guy in a cave when your number of battles are an odd double number, "do the exact same chocobo race 500 times," or "reading 6 flyers on a wall.":

Games always had stupid side quests.
The fuck? Having a couple optional sidequests way later in the game is not the same thing as having freaking every area of the game with zany “quest giver” NPCs assigning chores to you, in an effort to pad a 4 hour segment of the original into a full sized (and full priced) game.

iQuasarLV

Yea, pretty much that. Also, run down a scripted elegantly decorated hallways to an "arena" where you fight waves of minions or a boss. Watch 3 hours of story-line cut scenes for every hour of actual game play.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I didn't care for the combat of 7R, and the way they're going about this has left a bad taste in my mouth. Probably will just watch a playthrough of the cut scenes if I really care.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
She looks good but the game will be bad like the remake. But this IS remake content we should have got anyway as a post game bonus.

Matt_Fox

I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS5 and it's a decent looker of a game already (just got to the bit where Cloud and Aerith follow Tifa's carriage to the night club region).

Will be interesting to see the extra details for this Intergrade version and the extra segment but... it's already a long game and I cant see a few extra bells and whistles making it worth a reply at this time (and I also understand that those like myself who got it through PS+ apparently don't qualify for the free upgrade!).

fart town usa

Gold Member
*If you already own FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PS4 (physical or digital version) and own a PS5, you can download the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE free PS5 enhancement update. Please note the PS4 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade. This update does not include the new episode featuring Yuffie. The new episode featuring Yuffie can be purchased separately. An internet connection is required to obtain the free PS5 enhancement update. However, if you have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (physical edition) for PS4 and own the PS5 digital edition (the model without a disc drive), then you are not eligible to download the upgrade.

Most important part of OP's post. At least to me. Wish it was available on PS4 but thankfully they're giving the game for free on PS5 for those of us who bought it.

Top Bottom