• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flabagast

Man I was loving every second of this game, but Chapter 5 has really pissed me off. I dont really enjoy the card type mini games some games offer, and while QB seems alright, I didnt bother getting loads of cards as I hadnt planned on playing it much, was gonna see if I enjoyed it throughout the game then maybe grind them out at the end. Now I have to play against uber Chadley with a basic deck and literally cant touch him. Cant believe they gated the story behind the card game, I will keep trying but no way I'm starting again lol
It's.. not gated at all....

The whole QB tournament of Chapter 5 is a skippable side quest without needing to play a single match, and the game states it several times.

Also you can abandon the match by pressing start and selecting the option. You can abandon any time and go the next story beat basically.

TheAssist

Man I was loving every second of this game, but Chapter 5 has really pissed me off. I dont really enjoy the card type mini games some games offer, and while QB seems alright, I didnt bother getting loads of cards as I hadnt planned on playing it much, was gonna see if I enjoyed it throughout the game then maybe grind them out at the end. Now I have to play against uber Chadley with a basic deck and literally cant touch him. Cant believe they gated the story behind the card game, I will keep trying but no way I'm starting again lol
You just buy the booster packs from the guy at the reception (on the left). These cards are good enough to win all the games, since the opponents are easier than the ones even in junon. And yes, you can skip it, you only miss a funny as fuck cutscene that you can watch on youtube.

Freeman76

I made some deck basically when I was introduced to the game for the first time and I'm on chapter 10 and it's beating every match I've come across. I didn't really like the game at first but the more I play it the more I think it's just fine and I think it's okay every now and then.

I'm pretty sure you can cancel that battle or lose you don't have to win it.
Yeah it did seem alright but hadnt concentrated on it so felt a bit peeved that I had to play it, but I obviously missed the fact its skippable

Needlecrash

I think I am getting a hang on Queen's Blood. Basically, your "lines" has to be more than the opponents. I beat the 3 opponents in Kalm, after several tries. The overworld is fucking NUTS. To see the game on this scale is in-fucking-credible. So far, I'm enjoying what I see. Good shit Square Enix.

Overall use of DualSense in Rebirth is utterly fantastic. Least expected too!

Also, both ATMOS (on Philips soundbar) and 3D Audio (Inzone H9) for headphones mix is just terrific. Sound is mellow, concentrated, and normalized. Thank god for an AAA game w/o yet another silly Hollywood dynamic range and volume rollercoaster.

I checked my Sonos app this weekend and couldn't believe it was coming up Atmos, until that helicopter cutscene. Really makes a difference.

Belthazar

Shit was crazy for me on Friday. I woke up at 7, played nonstop. I put in 14 hours that day. I've never done that. My wife was semi horrified lol

I've put 28 hours in total on the game on the first 4 days... That's an average 7 hours played per day and I've worked full time thursday and friday.

Reactions: Isa
I have to say, one of the best things Remake and Rebirth have done are eliminating so many missables. First couple times playing through FF7 OG it was a nightmare without a guide, because every 3 fucking steps it's a new one-time minigame that gives you some kind of reward. Or a one time monster battle that you have to remember to steal from in order to get a specific item. That shit drove me crazy, and made me paranoid about progress. I am absolutely loving the open areas and how you can go back and get whatever you need most of the time.

Needlecrash

I have to say, one of the best things Remake and Rebirth have done are eliminating so many missables. First couple times playing through FF7 OG it was a nightmare without a guide, because every 3 fucking steps it's a new one-time minigame that gives you some kind of reward. Or a one time monster battle that you have to remember to steal from in order to get a specific item. That shit drove me crazy, and made me paranoid about progress. I am absolutely loving the open areas and how you can go back and get whatever you need most of the time.
Oh you missed Morphing the Ghost Ship at the Underwater Reactor in Disc 2? Good luck beating Emerald Weapon since you can't breathe under water. NO UNDERWATER MATERIA FOR YOU!
dead harry styles GIF

SCB3

In the Queensblood tourney can you even beat
Red XIII ?

They have so much better cards than I do and I've been collecting them from everywhere

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Oh you missed Morphing the Ghost Ship at the Underwater Reactor in Disc 2? Good luck beating Emerald Weapon since you can't breathe under water. NO UNDERWATER MATERIA FOR YOU!
dead harry styles GIF
Always a chance to get it at Battle Square at Gold Saucer.

Facism

They really looked at the gym minigames from remake and said to themselves "how can we make this shit worse?"

Use shoulder buttons and haptic to make inputs even more unreliable. Jesus

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In the Queensblood tourney can you even beat
Red XIII ?

They have so much better cards than I do and I've been collecting them from everywhere
Wondering this as well. I have all the cards available up to that point, and tried several times but couldn't win.

Facism

I found it easier than the last challenge on remake.

I did the remake ones no problem and thought they were shit design.

This is doing my head in. Triggers suck to spam and the hold input is so precise as to do my head in right now lol.

Whoever designed this trash minigame needs a slap

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have a weird bug where in Costa Del Sol there is a Segway thing that's just stuck in the middle of the main boardwalk. I can hop aboard, but it's stuck in place and won't move at all - pressing the trigger down I can hear the acceleration noise, but I just stay put. Kinda funny, it's there every time I pass it.

I even tried restarting the game and restarting my console, but it's just always there in the same spot. At least it's a mostly harmless bug.

How?

Also had a weird glitch on the boss fight here, where I couldn't lock on at all with any abilities or Limit Breaks, I lost the fight and got it next try and could lock on with things, so that was weird
Just better strategy is really all I can suggest. Sorry I can't much help more. Some posters have made some decent strategy posts might be worth reviewing.

SCB3

Just better strategy is really all I can suggest. Sorry I can't much help more. Some posters have made some decent strategy posts might be worth reviewing.
hmm, there must be a way to do it with what I have, I'll move on for now

Finally hit the Costa Del Sol, fun fact, I once booked a holiday to the real Costa Del Sol in Spain because of the original game sharing its name

Go_Ly_Dow

Just did the dog chase sidequest in Junon. What the fuck this game is absolutely huge.

How did they develop this in 4 years?! Usually open world games take shortcuts with the cutscenes (tend to be uncommon or very basic compared to cinematic games) and have very simple combat, yet here you have a game that has plenty of in game cutscenes to a higher standard than Advent Children and then a massive game world which feels alive and so varied.

My mind is blown.

SCB3

How did they develop this in 4 years?!
Very likely a lot of the assests were close to being done and not included in the original release, we see a lot being used with the intergrade DLC and FF16 as well

Add to the fact that Unreal Engine is very easy to work with and yea I can see how it was done in that time, the team probably got straight to work after the Remake's first release and took only a short break

Very likely a lot of the assests were close to being done and not included in the original release, we see a lot being used with the intergrade DLC and FF16 as well

Add to the fact that Unreal Engine is very easy to work with and yea I can see how it was done in that time, the team probably got straight to work after the Remake's first release and took only a short break

Part 3 will be a PS6 launch window title.

Hope they can manage to have enough left to feel worthwhile. Going to be hard to top

jshackles

"Wait you're not a bunch of Mopheads!?"🤣🤣🤣🤣

Game of the year!
Playing this right after binging the first half of Infinite Wealth, sure seems like Square Enix took a lot of inspiration from that series. Tons of mini-games, lots of random comedic moments, tight combat, etc.

Madflavor

There’s an optional boss fight later in the game where if he lands too many hits, he thinks you’re a scrub and just deletes your whole party.

Better learn to dodge and block while you can.

rofif

Banned
Just now got on the ship. Grasslands good. Felt I could only do 2-3 hours runs here and there tho. But man, once I got into junon. Man that place is great. Something started clicking and i was playing none stop. After finish the whole junon intel and doing the junon underworld quests and the upper junon quests. I just couldn’t stop playing. This game keep surprising me.
Yeah I did over 10 hours in grasslands to 100% it lol.
The only quest I didn’t do in junon was the proto thingy since it was a chore in grasslands. I don’t even remember the reward for that.

Anyway. 25 hours in and I can’t put the game down. On the ship now too. The game is stunning and just as remake, it is refreshing how anime, alive and energized this game is.
It instantly puts me in a more youthful, better mood!!!
And these characters. They look so amazing. The eyes, way clothes move on them in cutscenes, the way they emote. It just feel refreshing and hand crafted.

Edit: and I got tired of cards game in mid junon. I can’t be bothered to think about my deck

Last edited:
Yeah I did over 10 hours in grasslands to 100% it lol.
The only quest I didn’t do in junon was the proto thingy since it was a chore in grasslands. I don’t even remember the reward for that.

Anyway. 25 hours in and I can’t put the game down. On the ship now too. The game is stunning and just as remake, it is refreshing how anime, alive and energized this game is.
It instantly puts me in a more youthful, better mood!!!
And these characters. They look so amazing. The eyes, way clothes move on them in cutscenes, the way they emote. It just feel refreshing and hand crafted.

Edit: and I got tired of cards game in mid junon. I can’t be bothered to think about my deck
Ohh you should revisit the proto for Junon. Something a bit different happens there you may like depending.

rofif

Banned
No way. That’s true ?!

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Didn't care for how this chapter was different from the original. They changed it from a military cargo ship to a cruise ship, which is fine I guess. But they cut out one of the best songs from the original doing so. And the Jenova part wasn't nearly as ominous

jshackles

No way. That’s true ?!
You can forfeit the matches and proceed without playing any Queens Blood

EDIT: some guides online say you have to at least play the first round...

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
You can forfeit the matches and proceed without playing any Queens Blood
Ah ok. Inwill try but my deck is just kinda random. I deleted all backwards cards and just kept forward space taking cards. lol it kinda worked like cheating in grasslands.

Anyway. If you forfeit, any story difference ?

Ah ok. Inwill try but my deck is just kinda random. I deleted all backwards cards and just kept forward space taking cards. lol it kinda worked like cheating in grasslands.

I don't think story changes, but you'll miss a really cool cutscene / sequence.

jshackles

No, but there is a trophy you'll miss if you're an achievement hunter.

NeoLed

Don't read if you've never played the original FF7, safe for everyone else

I hope to god it's Chadley who gets killed by Sephiroth in this. Shit character, constantly fucking annoying.
You sound like a school bully.
I just don't understand what part of Chad or MAI that people find it annoying.

Top Bottom