• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake ‘Main Characters’ key visual

The "ending" has been "spoiled" for 20+ years at this point. That's like complaining that a remake of the movie Hackers shows the main characters rollerblading with backpacks.

What a ridiculous statement. It's more like each iteration of Romeo & Juliet, you know how it's going to end, but you go watch it multiple times because each interpretation shows it differently. Same can be said here, just because I have an idea in my head of how it's going to end, doesn't mean I want to see it before playing the game. Take this shot for example.

Same scene interpreted completely from different angles, I would like to leave some of it to my imagination, rather than being spoiled before playing the game.

iconmaster

Banned
I've never played the game. The spoiler is that they leave Midgar? That seemed like a given.

I don't think anyone can complain about Tifa. The chesty-schoolgirl-in-a-belly-shirt look is fully intact.

E.T. Waifu

I've never played the game. The spoiler is that they leave Midgar? That seemed like a given.

I don't think anyone can complain about Tifa. The chesty-schoolgirl-in-a-belly-shirt look is fully intact.
Hmm, I suggest you don't ask too many questions and wait for the game to come out. But yeah, Tifa is a meal.

D.Final

Banned
Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Key-Vis_02-07-20_001.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Key-Vis_02-07-20_002.jpg

Square Enix has released a new key visual for Final Fantasy VII Remake featuring the game’s main characters.

Click to enlarge as I resized the images

Simply Amazing and Epic.
Reliving the epic leggend of Final Fantasy VII
Hype over 9999 x 15 = Omnislash :messenger_smiling_hearts:

V2Tommy

Having recently replayed FF VII this past summer, I can safely say that they can easily screw this whole thing up. Not that the original is incredible, but it did a lot of novel things that are no longer novel. I'll save my real complaints 15 years from now then FF VI Remake is announced and becomes a fighting gacha game.

Last edited:
Looks great. Unlikely to play it though, i have never really gone in for FF style gameplay... Loved Tales of Symphonia on my GameCube~

Ballthyrm

I wished they had done that with FFVI instead.
Much better characters and universe.

FF7 is great and this will bring it to new generation who never played it because of the old Graphics.
But, they basically had to redo everything from the ground up, might as well be FF6 IMHO

Last edited:
I wished they had done that with FFVI instead.
Much better characters and universe.

FF7 is great and this will bring it to new generation who never played it because of the old Graphics.
But, they basically had to redo everything from the ground up, might as well be FF6 IMHO

FF7 > FF6, so no. Also wrong topic, we're getting FF7 so deal with it.

E.T. Waifu

So just unsubstantiated rumours. Let me know when some thing official is announced.
Nah, there's no way they're remaking those two. I mean, it COULD be possible if they planned on making one game for each title, but people literally eat them alive if FF8 and 9 don't receive the same treatment as 7, and that's an insane amount of work SE can't afford, I assume.

John Day

Don’t concern yourselves about people reposting that image as spoilers. The developer itself published it to the public as promo. Don’t blame posters here.

We are just making assumptions that they’ve shown everything, but really, we don’t know that.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
So just unsubstantiated rumours. Let me know when some thing official is announced.
Yup but just figured you'd want to know it was brought up here.

Even if they do get remakes, it'll be at least a decade before we see VIII Remake.

Top Bottom