• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake ‘Main Characters’ key visual

Mista

Banned
Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Key-Vis_02-07-20_001.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Key-Vis_02-07-20_002.jpg

Square Enix has released a new key visual for Final Fantasy VII Remake featuring the game’s main characters.

Click to enlarge as I resized the images

GreatnessRD

I actually can't wait to play this. I watched my cousin play and beat the OG 7 (As RPGs aren't really my thing, but I'm going to give this a try) Looks good to me!

stickkidsam

Only thing I'm not liking about what I've seen is all the damn bits of story shown, god DAMN Square! At least give newer generations a chance at being surprised. Hell, I'd like to be a bit surprised at how this remake executes the story. There's just no room for mystery these days.

All that said, this is absolutely breathtaking.

Gah my eyes! Is this another ending spoiler? People should really add that in their titles!
It's amazing how many fucks the marketing has had about spoilers...

DelireMan7

Gah my eyes! Is this another ending spoiler? People should really add that in their titles!

I played FF7, something like 7 years ago and don't remember everything about the story but I don't see (heavy) spoilers on this picture (at least for people who haven't play the game). Can you be more specific ?

I just take this picture as a promotional art.

I played FF7, something like 7 years ago and don't remember everything about the story but I don't see (heavy) spoilers on this picture (at least for people who haven't play the game). Can you be more specific ?

Well if this game end with Midgar, this shot basically how I imagined "Part 1" ends. Shit, like the whole game, beginning to end (This scene), has already been spoiled.

stickkidsam

It's the scene after defeating the giant roadbot; right before you leave Midgar.

Assuming this game is in fact only Midgar then this would essentially be the ending of the game.

DelireMan7

Well if this game end with Midgar, this shot basically how I imagined "Part 1" ends. Shit, like the whole game, beginning to end (This scene), has already been spoiled.
Okay I see. I understand.
I might be naive but I really see it as a promotional art and not a direct shot of a game scene.

DelireMan7

It's the scene after defeating the giant roadbot; right before you leave Midgar.

Assuming this game is in fact only Midgar then this would essentially be the ending of the game.
Okay thanks for precision. But isn't already official that part 1 is only in Midgar ? It's what I had in mind.
But I understand, it could "spoil" the visual of the ending.

EDIT But I mean, it's a remake... So people whom play the original are anyway spoiled.

Last edited:
Okay I see. I understand.
I might be naive but I really see it as a promotional art and not a direct shot of a game scene.

Look like a frame from the ending. Basically I imagine them staring into the distance overworld, switches to the sky, with words "to be continued... Final Fantasy VII -2 Remake"

stickkidsam

Okay thanks for precision. But isn't already official that part 1 is only in Midgar ? It's what I had in mind.
But I understand, it could "spoil" the visual of the ending.
It's been officially confirmed yeah. I just left room for the idea that they're fucking with us and there's more to the game.

Ultimately yeah, the people who played the original already know the end and the people who haven't won't know it's the end. To me, it just defeats the purpose of their attempt to make a brand new experience of they are just going to throw every major event at us before we've ever even touched the game.

As of now the trailers have shown off pretty much every possible reveal the story could have. I just don't understand their mindset.

DelireMan7

Look like a frame from the ending. Basically I imagine them staring into the distance overworld, switches to the sky, with words "to be continued... Final Fantasy VII -2 Remake"

You might be right (such a pity it's an episodic game...). Make sense.

But I think I am a bit puzzled with concerns about "spoilers" in a remake... It's a spoiler for old players (which anyway know the full game), it's not such a concern for new players I think.

But I understand why you can be upset ^^

LMJ

Looking at the phenomenal job they've done thus far, I'm equally excited to see what they haven't/cant show yet

Cid
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
The snake boss and the one destroyed by Sephiroth
The Summons (Kniights of the round anyone)
The Gold Freaking Saucer
The Weapons
And of Course Clouds idol Zack

And to see what else they are changing or adding like the new Soldier character :D

Birdo

Banned
That was my favorite moment in the original.

I'll never forget the first time I played it and had no idea that there would be a world map. Also the music in this moment make it ten times better.

Jaxcellent

First episode will continue after you get out of Midgar confirmed? I can't imagine them showing the end shot of the first episode before the game even releasing.

I'm ok with the spoilers though, I already know the story, but also please understand If you are new to the game, it wouldnt be a real spoiler IMO, I wouldn't really understand the context.
I see these "spoilers" as a confimation on the quality to expect from other parts of the game.

I'm confident this game will be amazing guys, I'm going to squeeze every little bit of gameplay out of this...

fallingdove

Dang, looks beautiful. I love it.

I have been trying to stay away from details of the remake. Is the assumption that this is where the first episode would end?

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Man, the only way any of this is considered spoilers is because you guys keep saying “SPOILERS!” every time something new comes up. A lot of of new players will be introduced to FF7 through the remake. NONE of this stuff would be considered spoilers to them. It would just be part of a game trailer featured in an incredibly long game.

Hell, I played the OG and I don’t remember half the stuff you guys claim is significant enough for spoiler tags.

And if you want to experience the remake fresh then why are you in this thread to begin with?

Last edited:

Fbh

That scene will be ruined with some cringy Nomura writing. But I'm still hyped!!!, I hope it's as good as it has looked in all the trailers.

Silvawuff

The real crime here is we won't get to play Cait Sith. It might be years before we can beat things in the face with a megaphone in full HD graphically rendered glory.

Regarding spoilers: I think it's cool to keep things under wraps for the people new to this story, but this is also the internet and if someone is that concerned with spoilers, they should be wary of the threads/content they're looking at. It sucks to halt discussion for a game franchise that's been in the wild for over two decades. There are websites out there with literal URLs that drop huge FFVII spoilers.

KiNeMz

Banned
I think this game is pretty hard to spoil. It's quite a complex story. Alot going on. This doesn't spoil anything.

E.T. Waifu

What's perfect about a remake where you only play the first part of it?

Nothing.

This aint a remake. This is like turning The Godfather into a 24 episode season tv show.
Well, first of all, I said "looks". Secondly, I don't think a remake of this game with only one chapter would turn out good. FF7 is way too big for that. I have faith in them, this time.

Ornlu

Banned

The "ending" has been "spoiled" for 20+ years at this point. That's like complaining that a remake of the movie Hackers shows the main characters rollerblading with backpacks.

wvnative

GTFO! 😳

You lying........right?

Look I might be wrong, but the leaked demo had no mention of it. And the datamine, there were no references to HDR. kingdom hearts 3, another unreal engine game from square, also lacks HDR. Maybe the final game will but so far it's not looking good

Don't let that get ya down, Kingdom Hearts III is incredible on my OLED without HDR. The game can still stun you without it.

Trogdor1123

I was about the say something is missing then figured it out.

I remember reading that there will be a turn based mode in the game too, was the true or something I dreamed up?

wvnative

I was about the say something is missing then figured it out.

I remember reading that there will be a turn based mode in the game too, was the true or something I dreamed up?

Not in the tradditional sense. But there is a classic mode where cloud will attack, dodge, and defend without any input from the player. and you just use tactical mode to issue commands via menu like magic/skills/items.

stickkidsam

Man, the only way any of this is considered spoilers is because you guys keep saying “SPOILERS!” every time something new comes up. A lot of of new players will be introduced to FF7 through the remake. NONE of this stuff would be considered spoilers to them. It would just be part of a game trailer featured in an incredibly long game.

Hell, I played the OG and I don’t remember half the stuff you guys claim is significant enough for spoiler tags.

And if you want to experience the remake fresh then why are you in this thread to begin with?
You'd be amazed at how easy it is to come across things without looking for them.

And to your first point, what's the point of saturating us with ridiculously long trailers full of disconnected nonsense that nobody will understand except people who already played the game then? Wouldn't it be just as exciting if we got a few short trailers akin to the Cloud trailers? Just enough to get us amped up?

At the end of the day, the trailers aren't the end of the world. Wouldn't it be nice for there to be some surprises though?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Okay guy this looks good but really seeing if they havw FFIX planned as a remake. Are all these remakes necesaary?

Top Bottom