• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
iL3d21Nc3L7zJ.jpg

Oh. Oh wow. What is this, Killzone?

Zexen

Same shit as FFXIII, Fullscreen bad framerate with drops all over the place, Borderless Fullscreen almost 60 all the time.

What the heck SE, how do you explain that?!

Hahaha why did I buy this before getting to page 5 of this thread.

I'm an idiot.

Hopefully we'll at least get to downsample the game soon.

FF13-3 is the easiest and shortest to Platinum. It is basically a no effort trophy next to FF13.

Yeah, I got the Platinum pretty quickly in Lightning Returns but I would rather go skinny dipping while blindfolded in the Amazon river at night covered in sheep's blood before getting all the trophies in FFXIII again.

komorebi

I haven't gotten a single drop below 30 so I'm wondering if I should just cap it. What would be the best way to do it for this game? Even at locked 30fps its better than the shit PS3 version.

UnrealEck

I haven't gotten a single drop below 30 so I'm wondering if I should just cap it. What would be the best way to do it for this game? Even at locked 30fps its better than the shit PS3 version.

You can use RivaTuner which comes with Afterburner to set the maximum framerate to whatever you want.

Tried 720P

Basically it's the same thing.
The UI causes an instant drop to 29-30 fps. When it's not present the game races towards 60.

Yes, exactly the same thing as FFXIII. They didn't bother fixing that shit before putting this game out and so this game also suffers from it.
If it's unfixable for whatever reason, they should tell us and tell us WHY.

leazo

Banned
Fucking disaster of a port. The opening cinematic is not loading so I have to sit there for like 5 minutes watching a blank screen before getting to the main menu, once there the sound is not working properly either, as in no voices being there at all.

Oh well, suppose I can play GTA V on PS4 instead while waiting for modders to sort this shit out...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Maybe they'll fix it just before Lightning Returns is released?

Hahahahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Still having faith in Square after FF13/13-2.

And like a mook I bought this yesterday for the case of ALL DLC

UnrealEck

Its locked to 30 specifically because it has to do with the engine synching with the cut-scenes at 30fps. As you might already know, 99.9% of everything that isn't walking around or a battle is a video file playing, as such you run into those 30fps cutscenes that can't be changed, removing the 30fps cap pretty much artificially speeds up all the cut-scenes too, breaking the game.

However, FF13-2 and FF13-3 are all 99% real time, outside of the beginning and ending cut-scenes, this makes it much easier to apply resolution and framerate options for the game.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but the game is dropping to a 30 FPS cap whenever floating combat text (damage numbers etc) in battle is being displayed. When this isn't happening, the game is 60 FPS. It alternates between a 30 and 60 cap when damage text is being animated.
Thanks, any other settings? Triple buffering, pre-rendered frames etc?

You can try those too.
Try v-sync half refresh rate along with the lowest pre-rendered frames (1) and triple buffering on. That's probably as close to a console style experience you'll find in terms of 30 FPS with responsive control.

iosefe

i'm sitll confused on how to use WBG

*edit* nvm. the aspect ratio is a bit wonky though, small black bars ont he sides

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i'm so confused with my life right now

Carlius

Banned
have u guys tried lowering your shadows? steam reviews say lowering them may fix your fps issue, this of course, may all be lies. i am just repeating

jose1

I'm not surprised that this game is more demanding than the XIII port. Simply because it was more demanding on consoles too, to the point where they had massive framerate drops everywhere.

I'm pretty sure I can brute force this one to a solid 60 though. XIII ran great at 4k, so worst case scenario I turn it down to 2k or 1080p and I will be happy. Won't get to test it until tomorrow though.

RK9039

This is very funny, I'm glad I didn't preload this.

FF13 got a patch today? I just updated the game (I'm only 10 hours in) and I'm getting 60fps fairly consistently now at 1080p and shadows on the highest. Maybe by the time I finish the first one this game might get fixed as well.

Teletraan1

Banned
Apparently anyone who bought this is a chocobo because SE is taking people for a ride with this shit port. Glad I waited as I figured this would be a garbage bin port just like XIII. Lightning does strike twice. No
el
way I am going to buy this,
s
no
w
way. I Hope they fix it. At this point it is obvious they don't give a rats Sazh. The price of these was always too low for SE. You could tell it was going to be low effort just from reading the price.

Mohasus

Hahahahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Still having faith in Square after FF13/13-2.

And like a mook I bought this yesterday for the case of ALL DLC

FFXIII is running pretty well for me, just completed chapter 6 and the game was 60fps most of the time with some drops to 55 (I didn't even notice them without fraps).

TheTrain

Is a bit more taxing than FFXIII but it is also better from a graphical perspective [Not SO much better but i'm fine with this]. I've dropped only the resolution a bit to achieve the same performance, 2160p with XIII [2x MSAA, 2k Shadows] - 1800p with XIII-2 [2x MSAA, 2k Shadows]

TheSeks

FFXIII is running pretty well for me, just completed chapter 6 and the game was 60fps most of the time with some drops to 55 (I didn't even notice them without fraps).

Patching... what... 2 or 3 months after release is a poor form, I'm sorry. The same issues that plague FF13-2, were there at launch FF13. There is no excuse that Square couldn't have fixed this in the run-up to FF13-2's launch. Zilch, zero, nada.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Apparently anyone who bought this is a chocobo because SE is taking people for a ride with this shit port. Glad I waited as I figured this would be a garbage bin port just like XIII. Lightning does strike twice. No
el
way I am going to buy this,
s
no
w
way. I Hope they fix it. At this point it is obvious they don't give a rats Sazh. The price of these was always too low for SE. You could tell it was going to be low effort just from reading the price.
This port is Choco-boco-lame-a.

Well whatever.
I'll play through this just liked I played through pre-patch FFXIII PC.

Soundtrack is god-tier.

EDIT: Fair warning, maxing out the shadows will grind the game to dust.

Durante

Asking for refunds before even waiting for impressions when XIII was shit? I'm sorry but you have no one to blame but yourself on this occasion.
I even warned people repeatedly that they didn't hand out pre-release reviewing keys. There's usually a reason for that (Sega had no problem providing one for the VC port).

RK9039

Some people on Steam are saying if you're having fps problems you should go to your Nvidia control panel and add the game to the Manage 3d settings tab, apparently you might get a slight boost. I would also try turning on prefer maximum performance.

Hello guys, whats going on?

giphy.gif

rybrad

Is the sound kind of jacked up for anyone else? I am not having the aforementioned buzzing but the music is overpowering the voices and I can barely hear them.

Durante

Is the sound kind of jacked up for anyone else? I am not having the aforementioned buzzing but the music is overpowering the voices and I can barely hear them.
In some scenes, voices are playing on my back speakers rather than the front. Might be related.

TheSeks

I even warned people repeatedly that they didn't hand out pre-release reviewing keys. There's usually a reason for that (Sega had no problem providing one for the VC port).

Burned twice, wanting to replace my PS3 copies. Especially with ALL THE DLC that Square tooted for 13-2.

Learned my lesson. Not touching FF13-3 with a ten-foot barge-pole
or someone elses pole
unless Square has learned to actually fix these issues for their newer release instead of taking 3+ months to solve them.

Top Bottom