• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
With these new changes we are also making Warrior a DPS. It only makes sense that an axe user would be a dps.

ebil

Yeah, basically healers and tanks will put up with whatever so no point making new things for them to play.

No new healer or tank, going to focus on balancing the ones we currently have.
In other news, balance is hard. Current balance is the reason why I didn't see them adding a new healer but they went with not adding a new tank either on top of it. Paladin better be getting one hell of an overhaul.

Eldren

No, RIP.

He said that their data supports the fact that healer people will keep playing healers and tank people will keep playing tanks. Too bad I'm one of the many DPS people currently maining a healer but returning to DPS for 4.0.

No new healer or tank, going to focus on balancing the ones we currently have.

honestly I did not play with that many DRK/AST when leveling my AST and MCH up in heavensward. Though MCH queues did suck, but you just fated it up. They will probably buff xp for fates and dungeons in HW areas and PoTD will get you 50-60 pretty quickly.
Not hard to theory a decent/quick rotation for 50-60 and then 70

I feel like this is a mistake. Hopefully the revamped tank and healer combat system will alleviate some of the problems but I'm not too hopeful.

Omnicent

Won't this screw up the Duty Finder for a while?

going 50-60 would, but you can PoTD that. 60-70 will be about as bad for dps queues as it was for HW (depends on how many tank/heals go to play SAM/RDM. If most run through MSQ first then you are going to want to run your dps through asap probably)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
C48I75UXUAU8jKW.jpg

C48JSf4WAAA-Mvd.jpg

Looks big!

In other news, balance is hard. Current balance is the reason why I didn't see them adding a new healer but they went with not adding a new tank either on top of it. Paladin better be getting one hell of an overhaul.

PLD will also become a DPS, same as WAR. The Trinity is being entirely removed, we Guild Wars 2 now

ebil

Revamped healer and tank combat means some potency and cd changes.

Don't expect anything drastically different from what we have now.
I don't know. Healer gameplay at the very least is currently (too much, IMO) heavily tipped towards offense. I personally would probably want to go back to healing if it included more actual healing.

Stuart444

With cross server pf, it might be easier for DPS than expected since they can make a pf and get a tank/healer that way which may be quicker than DF queues.

How in the hell have they never added a damn apartment building in ishgard. Like, the whole damn structure is one big tower. It doesn't need a ward. Crazy to me they went all through 3.0 teasing us.

Oswen

So, is this turning into basically the Doma expansion with just a little bit of Ala Mhigo?
It feels like they changed direction at some point for some reasons.

Not complaining though, looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom