• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
might preorder... was gonna wait on ps4pro patch information but i doubt itll support checkerboard 4k, guess ill go PC for my quick SSD load times and just play in 1080 :(

Caim

25e4dcbcd3ef6193f54d1dbbca065f69b4f7b808bf95e3bf9a268c0ad8794f30.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the primal weapons for this job.

Pachimari

When is it realistic to buy a house? I'm lvl 30-something and has 100k gil. I guess after I've completed the Heavensward content and is lvl 50+?

aceface

When is it realistic to buy a house? I'm lvl 30-something and has 100k gil. I guess after I've completed the Heavensward content and is lvl 50+?

Well I think the cheapest houses go for around 2-4 million? So you have to raise that much money but also I'm pretty sure all the houses are taken on every server. If you wait until this new housing area is released you can grab one then in either the new area or in one of the old areas after people move their houses to the new one.

IvorB

Er... are they really adding two DPS jobs for the expac? I mean the more DPS jobs the better but isn't this going to kill the DF queues without adding healer or tanks also?

dramatis

Going to slap a lot of potatoes there then

I guess now there's Red (normal MC) and Weaboo Red (samurai MC).

Wonder if the story is going to end up being like the Ala Mhigans (Americans) going to Doma (France) to ask for weapons and shit to blow up Garleans (British).

Freaking teleport fees will be through the roof

Er... are they really adding two DPS jobs for the expac? I mean the more DPS jobs the better but isn't this going to kill the DF queues without adding healer or tanks also?

Duty Finder queues will probably still be an arse if you're a DPS, especially if you're queuing for roulettes such as the level 50 one, but I imagine it will be tempered by the fact that people will be concurrently trying to level up the existing jobs from 60 to 70. So if you strike while the iron is hot and bang out the first ten levels as quickly as you can with RDM and SAM, or are already an existing DPS, dungeon queues for the new content will probably not be as bad as people fear. Afterwards the queues will probably normalise after a few months?

After all, when ninja was released, most of the regulars would have already leveled up all the jobs they wanted to and had exhausted nearly all the content they already wanted to do outside of Final Coil. So to non-raiders, there wasn't much to do but level up ninja.

wamberz1

Just woke up
Yoooo we going to doma boys, Kinda called it;
It probably won't happen cause it's so far away, but I hope we get to see a bit of Doma in Stormblood or it's patches. It would fit into the whole "Free people from the garlean rule" thing. Even if it's just a few areas I think it would be really cool.
Totally surprised it actually happened.
Listened to the part of the new theme and its incredible news a 11
And it looks like I'm sticking with tank for now lol, thinking of leveling paladin to have all three at 60

Pachimari

Houses cost several millions of Gil, I don't think buying a house ever gets realistic lol

Well I think the cheapest houses go for around 2-4 million? So you have to raise that much money but also I'm pretty sure all the houses are taken on every server. If you wait until this new housing area is released you can grab one then in either the new area or in one of the old areas after people move their houses to the new one.
Well holy snit. Pretty crazy not everyone can get a house of their own. I'll need to get ready for Stormblood and then maybe be ready to jump at a house in one of the current districts.

wamberz1

C48o1ccW8AQDEQK.jpg

I'm getting a "screw Red Mage" vibe from this poster and the trailer...

Looks like Kirigiri is getting a fairly big focus. Also, as a person who leveled a Roe monk, I appreciate we are finally getting a badass roe monk character.

Also Raubahn continuing to get that push

IvorB

Having a new tank job does not mean people will want to tank.

Duty Finder queues will probably still be an arse if you're a DPS, especially if you're queuing for roulettes such as the level 50 one, but I imagine it will be tempered by the fact that people will be concurrently trying to level up the existing jobs from 60 to 70. So if you strike while the iron is hot and bang out the first ten levels as quickly as you can with RDM and SAM, or are already an existing DPS, dungeon queues for the new content will probably not be as bad as people fear. Afterwards the queues will probably normalise after a few months?

After all, when ninja was released, most of the regulars would have already leveled up all the jobs they wanted to and had exhausted nearly all the content they already wanted to do outside of Final Coil. So to non-raiders, there wasn't much to do but level up ninja.

Hmmm... DPS queues were pretty great when HW launched, no one was playing machinist and everyone was trying dark knight. Everyone is going to want to play the new jobs so I think queues will be pretty bad for DPS.

Well, I know I'm late to the party (I needs my sleep) but man, Samurai DPS... shares gear with MNK, I have saved some gear from HW it's like this game is daring me to level this (I will). Not going to lie, I squealed with glee.

Was honestly expecting it to be a tank, or at least share maiming gear with DRG but I'm pretty happy with this.

New housing is going to be sick, but I'm more interested with the journey than the destination. HW was a nice four man party throwback, I wonder what kind of angle they're going to do with this one? I'm gonna pre order this on PS4 later today.

Pachimari

Man I'm currently a Bard and loving it but I'm for sure gonna translate into a Monk, because that's the one I can mirror myself in the most. Can't wait to get home and boot up ARR.

New stuff looks great! I'll probably stick to my healing class-wise, and I've got a ways to go before I even hit Heavensward content, but the design of the new city looks fantastic and I can't wait to explore it.

Moreche

The last MMO I played was lotro a long time ago so with the current sale for FFXIV, how is this game?
Is the gameplay, world and population good?
Do I need to be invested in the final fantasy story to appreciate it?
Thanks.

The last MMO I played was lotro a long time ago so with the current sale for FFXIV, how is this game?
Is the gameplay, world and population good?
Do I need to be invested in the final fantasy story to appreciate it?
Thanks.
Game is great, gameplay is good, world is incredibly fleshed out, population is high but the number online of course depends on when you play. Hub cities always have a bunch of people.
There isn't really an overarching Final Fantasy story so no. It's standalone! Lots of fun references to past games as well as stuff that appears in every game throughout the series, though.

Jolkien

Any idea why the Gossamer Moggle is there for me in Idyllshire so I can unlock Sohm Al (Hard) and the expert roulette ?

Nevermind I just figured it out.

Qvoth

I still have an hour to fill out this question card for tomorrow's live letter. Suggestions please.

Battle system changes
Can't believe they didn't mention anything on the fanfest
If you did ask for butt slider then ask if they're improving the book slider as well :p

Eldren

I still have an hour to fill out this question card for tomorrow's live letter. Suggestions please.

Character customisation like others have said. Face and body sliders, more hair/beard/body hair options, etc. For me at least I think better customisation will always be more interesting than new races.

studyguy

I will bring the PLD 123 to Doma thanks. Nippon steel can't cut Hallowed Ground.

Someone ask if were ever going to hear Nail of the Heavens theme again.

SkyOdin

Battle system changes
The reality is that the battle system changes aren't done yet. A lot of elements are probably still in flux, and will be until close to launch. It is pretty clear that most job abilities are only finalized really close to release. Preview builds of ARR a few months before release had very large differences from final, such as Heavy Shot inflicting Heavy.

Probably not. With Heavensward, it was overwhelmingly people who already played tanks and healers playing Dark Knight and Astrolgian.
In my experence most folks, myself included, stick to the role they already enjoy. So the DPS people will still be the ones playing DPS.

I could be totally wrong though. Maybe a uptick at first before going back to normal?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
While I loved the stuff revealed during the previous fanfests, today's announcements did nothing for me. I really dislike Asian regions in MMOs - be it WoW, PSO2 or the starting area in Blade & Soul. I'm not even sure why - I guess it all feels the same and very unoriginal? Anyway, not a huge fan of SAM, but I got my RDM, so I don't care that much.

Looking forward to battle changes, but like most, I'm worried about waiting times in the DF. Maybe I'm weird, but Yoshida's "the ratio was ok in HW" reasoning doesn't add up - wasn't it okay BECAUSE they added all 3 classes so everyone who wanted to try something new and shiny while keeping their role could do it?
Battle system changes
If you did ask for butt slider then ask if they're improving the book slider as well :p
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, they supposedly said it will be talked about later.
PS4 Pro enhancements planned?
This, I hope we can play smoothly in SB zones on Pro.

neoemonk

I've got four crafters at 50 now, along with my gatherers. I pretty much only play on weekends, maybe two hours total through the week. Would it be doable to get all crafters and gatherers to 60 by June 20 with that schedule?

studyguy

I hope they comment on parry changes tonight. Fuck another tank. Tell me how you're going to make one of my common stats in gear not useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom