• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

^

Pulled myself away from the Switch to push through more of the game today.

- Did Daily Dungeon Roulette and finally did Qarn (awesome dungeon!) to level through requirements.
- Finished off the trollastic Corrupted Crystal bullshit.
- Beat Garuda (OMG THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!! Primal BGM keeps getting better!)

OMFG THE CUTSCENES AFTER THAT!

Ultima Weapon in FFXIV is METAL GEAR?! LOOOOOOOOOL!

- Did a bunch of post-Garuda quests. The story is getting better and better now. Sooooo fun.
- Did the lvl45 Dragoon job quest. Really awesome stuff. Feels like everything is paying off. The lore is so awesome!
- The best part was when I was headed to Steel Vigil for the quest objective, I ran into a couple of other players doing a FATE and I decided to sync to join them. Never saw this before but it was a 3-part FATE or something filled with dozens and dozens of dragons. Felt fucking epic. NPCs, players, player chocobos. Was like a real war. And it kept getting more epic until a giant dragon spawns with a bunch of adds. This game is AMAZING.

Thanks to how hilariously incomplete the lvl45 quest is at giving me a full set of job armor... this is what I look like now:

2wjruao.jpg

LMAO!

^

- Did Daily Dungeon Roulette and finally did Qarn (awesome dungeon!) to level through requirements.

- Did a bunch of post-Garuda quests. The story is getting better and better now. Sooooo fun.
- Did the lvl45 Dragoon job quest. Really awesome stuff. Feels like everything is paying off. The lore is so awesome!
- The best part was when I was headed to Steel Vigil for the quest objective, I ran into a couple of other players doing a FATE and I decided to sync to join them. Never saw this before but it was a 3-part FATE or something filled with dozens and dozens of dragons. Felt fucking epic. NPCs, players, player chocobos. Was like a real war. And it kept getting more epic until a giant dragon spawns with a bunch of adds. This game is AMAZING.

Thanks to how hilariously incomplete the lvl45 quest is at giving me a full set of job armor... this is what I look like now:

LMAO!

Sunday casual wear for Dragoons

Bowlie

Banned
Did A8 for the first time.

That boss is everything I didn't know I wanted, including the kids yelling "transfooorm!". The fight was chaotic, and the boss design was soo worth it c:

The Illuminati storyline is now getting a little hard to understand...

Luigi87

^

LMAO!
Still have more protection as a Dragoon compared to Aranea.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Heya :)
Are there any level 60 WHM controller-users in here that would care to share their hotbar(s) setup? Images or otherwise? Planning to sort of revisit the job and am kinda stuck..!! any help with it would be appreciated!! :)

Here's my setup, hope it helps.

Crossbar 1 Left Side:
tYhO8mD.png

Crossbar 1 Right Side:
eLfxF6T.png

Crossbar 2, solely used for situational stuff:
PD6Ex4U.png

Crossbar 3 Left Side, used as the extended L2+R2 bar:
44KRGDc.png

Crossbar 3 Right Side, used as the extended R2+L2 bar:
RlGOXmN.png

Redx508

Alright, thanks. Do you know which mats I should buy with them? The wiki page of the item does not say.

sometimes you can find crafters buying lore mats on PF. i made a few mils selling like that.

I'm finally jumping back into the game. Now to grind up some gear and additional jobs.

here's a doc with patch breakdown and where to unlock things.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10jLUEf_k5cVzYuCoaN3m1W4F2b085K_Iv9qeWeAduzY/pubhtml#

Apoptomon

Got Monk to level 50 yesterday in my quest to find a melee dps that 'clicks'. Right now it has an edge over Dragoon. I think I have the basic rythm of the class down, but then I go and mess up my positionals, lol (ie. move, and then realise i was supposed to stay on that side).

What are good cross-classes? (I know they're changing this soon) I have invig, B4B and bloodbath atm.

(i guess now I get to save up some SAM gear)

Thorgal

^

LMAO!

i think your the first person i have seen who put his hotbars on the top of the screen :p

be sure to equip the i level 90 gear you get for finishing the last job quest and not the i50 stuff .

and yes every ptimal song is fantastic .
Screw it every song is fantastic .

Thorgal

Got Monk to level 50 yesterday in my quest to find a melee dps that 'clicks'. Right now it has an edge over Dragoon. I think I have the basic rythm of the class down, but then I go and mess up my positionals, lol (ie. move, and then realise i was supposed to stay on that side).

What are good cross-classes? (I know they're changing this soon) I have invig, B4B and bloodbath atm.

Mercy stroke .

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Aranaea at least doesn't have a big stomach circle target cut out. :p

YtdH4Llh.jpg

The circle is there for a reason. By having a point where it's an obvious weak spot, your enemies will direct their attacks toward that point. Since you know this, it will be easy for you to dodge or parry their attacks and counterattack and kill them.

Thorgal

The circle is there for a reason. By having a point where it's an obvious weak spot, your enemies will direct their attacks toward that point. Since you know this, it will be easy for you to dodge or parry their attacks and counterattack and kill them.

but why does the male version not have it then ? :)

kagamin

MNK is really fun, it's less about having tons of buttons to press, and more about being able to do everything on the fly while keeping your most important buffs/DOTs up on bosses.

Luigi87

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Aranaea at least doesn't have a big stomach circle target cut out. :p

YtdH4Llh.jpg

I'm not even sure what to say anymore x_x
Logically this is sound.

You should have no issues on medium with this setup.

Thanks for answering :D

Starting areas don't really matter, you'll visit the rest with Main Scenario eventually.
Make sure to do your class quests to unlock important skills.
Ignore non-vital sidequests, Main Story, Dungeons & Job Quests should be your priority unless you're unlocking stuff that's useful & helpful. Palace of the dead for example Also this is REALLY good for starting classes if you're wanting to practice your class and get a good feel for it.
Your settings should be fine for Medium/High.
Also Guilds (Free Company) might randomly invite you to theirs as you progress through the game. If you're not up for joining until later then just decline.
Most Free Companies & Players use Discord but I do know a few that use Teamspeak too.

Hope this information helps.

This is really helpful info, I'm saving this post, thanks man!

eliza0224

I can't stand
Alph
so I was quite annoyed when we were paired up with him for most of HW instead of one of the better Scions.
I found him annoying in the beggining, but he grew on me as the other Scions.

That Urianger treason has hurt my soul :( Is everyone compromised holy shit lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom