• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand why I'm seeing people who have barely beaten A9s complaining that Savage is too easy this time around and that i270 gear is useless because you can 'beat everything in i240'.

Like okay, beat A12s with your entire static in i240 gear and then maybe you won't be completely talking out of your arse. But even still, why is more accessible content a bad thing? It's certainly not 'face roll' no matter what you read on some forums and it's still going to take most groups a little while to clear.

Acolytes of dunning-kruger making themselves known.

Okay last night was amazing, as we were finishing recording phoenixdownradio live at the Paris, most of the staff ended up walking past us as we were closing the podcast lol, Yoshi P even gave me a fist bump.

That's awesome! I've actually been getting really into FFXIV over the past few week and I'm currently doing the 2.X content, but I've been looking for a podcast to listen to. I was wondering if your podcast is pretty spoiler-heavy? I know there's about ~10 FFXIV podcasts, but I'm kinda wary about listening to any of them until I complete the story content.

iammeiam

But even still, why is more accessible content a bad thing? It's certainly not 'face roll' no matter what you read on some forums and it's still going to take most groups a little while to clear.

Because Yoshida pitted people who wanted harder content against people who wanted a quick, unimpeded path to loot phase and now the palyerbase treats each other like the enemy. People blame players for Gordias and Midas, and credit Yoshida for Creator, even though the same guy made all three decisions.

Creator is shaping up to be fairly easy to get through going at things casually, which isn't inherently bad, but does mean the personal challenge/sense of accomplishment people got from other tiers is going to be missing because the fights are more "don't screw up too much for 10 minutes" and not "optimize for 10 minutes". It's a different kind of content from what the endgame has been lately, and it's no more surprising that some people are bummed by losing what they enjoyed than that other people were disappointed by the difficulty cliff in prior tiers.

Different people like different things, three difficulties when

garath

OP still accurate for the server GAF plays on? Going to try a free trial and just in case the game sticks it would be nice to be on gaf server

iammeiam

They've heavily implied that 4.0 raids will probably have 3 difficulties. Story + Normal when the tier starts and a Savage version in odd patches. Now everyone gets their content.

The dream.

I honestly thought that'd be the answer to the "why can't we dye this Savage gear" question, and was super bummed that it wasn't.

Chille

That's awesome! I've actually been getting really into FFXIV over the past few week and I'm currently doing the 2.X content, but I've been looking for a podcast to listen to. I was wondering if your podcast is pretty spoiler-heavy? I know there's about ~10 FFXIV podcasts, but I'm kinda wary about listening to any of them until I complete the story content.

We try not to cover too many spoilers but we do after a few weeks after a patch, so if your really new to the game as much as I would love another listener I don't want you to get the story ruined.

Thank you though

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally became a full-fledged lv 50 dragoon and cleared the main story for ARR!

yL9oWTe.png

e3SBMqR.png

I also learned glamour but plan to just keep my dragoon armor :) The main story took me about 79 hours to clear. I have to admit that it was much better than I was expecting, both the game and the story. The final few 8-man dungeons were kinda chaotic because while I'd be watching the cut-scenes, others would be running ahead in the dungeon and I had to do a lot of catch-up but was still fun. I'm glad I decided to go with the Lancer / Dragoon class as I've had a lot of fun playing it and it's nice to take a break from the sword-based characters that I normally play as in games. I've also enjoyed the gameplay and the overall world of Eorzea. Each location was memorable and the music was always enjoyable & did a great job of fitting the mood. As my first MMO, I also enjoyed the social aspect of it as well. Today for example I joined a random group for a run through Aurum Vale, except our tank was a Lalafell named "dirty underwear". One of the other players asked him if that was his name and he dropped out haha. Then while we waited for 15 minutes for another tank to take his place we had a dance contest lol. Then all throughout the dungeon whenever we'd get some downtime we'd break out dancing again. It's been a very fun and enjoyable experience. :)

aceface

Cleared A9S tonight! Someone in my group pointed out that the battle works like a clock that goes forward and back and forward...and back....

776.gif

I finally became a full-fledged lv 50 dragoon and cleared the main story for ARR!

yL9oWTe.png

e3SBMqR.png

I also learned glamour but plan to just keep my dragoon armor :) The main story took me about 79 hours to clear. I have to admit that it was much better than I was expecting, both the game and the story. The final few 8-man dungeons were kinda chaotic because while I'd be watching the cut-scenes, others would be running ahead in the dungeon and I had to do a lot of catch-up but was still fun. I'm glad I decided to go with the Lancer / Dragoon class as I've had a lot of fun playing it and it's nice to take a break from the sword-based characters that I normally play as in games. I've also enjoyed the gameplay and the overall world of Eorzea. Each location was memorable and the music was always enjoyable & did a great job of fitting the mood. As my first MMO, I also enjoyed the social aspect of it as well. Today for example I joined a random group for a run through Aurum Vale, except our tank was a Lalafell named "dirty underwear". One of the other players asked him if that was his name and he dropped out haha. Then while we waited for 15 minutes for another tank to take his place we had a dance contest lol. Then all throughout the dungeon whenever we'd get some downtime we'd break out dancing again. It's been a very fun and enjoyable experience. :)

If you like that Dragoon armor you'll probably like the next Dragoon artifact armor set you can get at level 60.

DHSE9c9.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

yL9oWTe.png

e3SBMqR.png

I hate players like this. First time players should always be allowed to watch the cut scenes.

Never feel bad for doing it. They're getting a bonus out of the mission because of you.

Ken

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a51c0dbf019fc744b3411b8f8e06d20c1826d455

Campaign Period
From Monday, October 17, 2016 to Sunday, December 31, 2017

About the PlayStation®4 Upgrade Campaign

For a limited time, players who own FINAL FANTASY XIV for the PlayStation®3 will have the option of upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version free of charge.
Moreover, players whose subscription has expired will also be granted fourteen days of free play starting from the day they upgrade to the PlayStation®4 version.

ebil

Lore Book will be on EU store today too?
I never got an official answer from anyone but considering the JP lore book won't be released for quite some time (around the JP fanfest IIRC) I wouldn't get my hopes up. Which sucks because I couldn't defeat the Merch Line (Savage) during the fanfest so I'm left without one.

I really hope that I'm wrong and I shouldn't worry about it, though.

yaffi

So, is turning off text chat something that's common in this game? I keep explaining boss mechanics to people only for them to completely ignore me. I can tell it's not that them being dicks, they actually can't see what I'm saying otherwise they wouldn't constantly be attacking Ichorous Ire.

It's also people on PS3/4 (or playing with controllers only) who just don't want to communicate. Even acknowledging stuff seems to be too much effort.

Munba

I never got an official answer from anyone but considering the JP lore book won't be released for quite some time (around the JP fanfest IIRC) I wouldn't get my hopes up. Which sucks because I couldn't defeat the Merch Line (Savage) during the fanfest so I'm left without one.

I really hope that I'm wrong and I shouldn't worry about it, though.

I see :/
But maybe the JP one needs more time to translate it mmh. Hope so!

edit-
Lore book and calendar on EU store now!

30€ of shipping is too much come on... i think i'll have to pass :(

Lore book is on EU Squeenix web store, but shipping is completely ridiculous to most EU countries... For me it would be €45 for the book then another €40 for shipping (To Prague).

No way.

Zhao_Yun

I see :/
But maybe the JP one needs more time to translate it mmh. Hope so!

edit-
Lore book and calendar on EU store now!

30€ of shipping is too much come on... i think i'll have to pass :(

Yep, not paying 23€ for shipping from the UK (?) to Germany. It's ridiculous.

Gonna order the Lore Book...has anyone got the Art books for ARR + HW? Any good?

I have the Amano art books for other FF games (the one with like 3 volumes covering 1-10 i think) and like them.

Edit: With shipping it's £40 for a copy for me on DPD Next Day. That strikes me as pretty reasonable for the quality (apparently) and size (the Persona Design Works being sub 200 pages and costing £25 irk me a bit, even if i bought the SMTIV one) but I feel for those on the continent...I'd almost offer to buy a copy and ship it out but the pricing is pretty insane and limited on weight.

Does anyone know how quickly the SE store typically ship out if you're in the country they are based in?

Rowlet

Banned
Thinking about getting back into this game when uni finishes in a month. I haven't played it for over 2 years; so what exactly have i missed? Lol

Heartfyre

No way am I paying €21 shipping just for the Lore Book. You could fuckin' throw it over the Irish Sea to me -- no way it should cost that much.

I'm hoping it's still in stock when Square-Enix do their Christmas Merchandise Mystery Box. I can stomach that shipping cost if I combine it with that. And a Vivi plush.

tgl3

Neo Member
Ordered the lore book immediately. What is self control.

I stepped back from raiding this week due to personality clashes stressing me out, but on the bright side my GC Squad got their shit together and got me some new threads.

W0QupsA.png

With coil done, I just have to do Alexander, then work on Alexander Savage A1 through to the end. Then I can get every job to 60!

Do the normal mode * of the Creator Alexander runs have lockouts, still?

Kaname

After the shitty Midgardsormr micro statue in the Heavensward collector's edition I don't trust them anymore for this stuff lol
Are there actually any legit pictures that shows how big it is and how's the quality?

Is that one of those cheap-ass desk flip calendars that you can buy from ebay for $1.99?

That I will most likely forget to turn every month :p

I do nothing but healer and have never found doing A11 in DF hard in the least except during the first week.

Course considering I do EVERYTHING via DF/RF so I have extremely high tolerance for failure.

Thorgal

A11 can go die in a fire via DF. People need to fucking learn how to dodge and pay attention.
Fuck.

Funny thing is, I haven't had a single wipe on that fight in DF.

I had a wipe on 12 last time because healer 1DC'ed while healer 2 stole the Dragoons job and was busy heroically tanking the floor.

Ogawa-san

I wish I could dodge the Orbital Laser prey so I didn't have to count on healers that can't heal and do mechanics at the same time
I've healed it like six times last week trying to get the right alexandrian part. My side mission was to keep that Prey target alive every time.

Turns out I can't rely on that party buff list to see who got targeted, too many buffs can push debuffs out. So I have to look around for the guy (hopefully) running away from everyone, or I might miss it.

It's one of the UI quirks that I hope they have a solution for in 4.0.

Wilsongt

I wish I could dodge the Orbital Laser prey so I didn't have to count on healers that can't heal and do mechanics at the same time

That, also. Prey is not new. It was in a1. Healers are too busy getting bit by lasers and confused by propeller wind. Second Wind cannot save me as a bard.

Real talk I let the prey'ed dps die because during that phase because when it happens all the other dps are are busy not dodging the other lasers and so am I.

Priority of life importance:
Healers
Tanks
dps
Also this.

The mission can go on with a dead dps. Things fall apart quickly when a tank or healer dies.

Wilsongt

Real talk I let the prey'ed dps die because during that phase because when it happens all the other dps are are busy not dodging the other lasers and so am I.

Also this.

The mission can go on with a dead dps. Things fall apart quickly when a tank or healer dies.

Until all but 1 dps die, which is your bard, and your healers are low on MP to raise and I need to sing for their dumb, not dodging asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom