• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

I need to work on the on my first relic, there used to be node parties, then they died.

I just got to cruse chaser, that theme is too good

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
We haven't had a light step for 3.0 relic so that's gonna be my guess for the next step.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So i left the gaf fc to join another fc that now made room for new members. It may have been sudden but Gaf will always be with me, even when all the dumb times I had fun when people Idle by the house are forgotten.
ZaMYQyD.jpg

Also more pics.
being in a rave raid
being the worst camera man
me
having exdr drama
Oh yeah the coolest ninja.

Sorian

Banned
If it's anything like Horde (235) and Padjali (235), the new PoTD weapon will most likely fill that slot instead.

The relic will be releasing sooner than 7 weeks which means casuals won't have the tomestone for a 260. It won't be 260.

ebil

The relic will be releasing sooner than 7 weeks which means casuals won't have the tomestone for a 260. It won't be 260.
3.25 was released 5 lockouts after 3.2 (I just counted, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), meaning people were getting their 6th Gear the week it was released.

3.2 was on the 22 of February, 3.25 on the 28 of March for the record.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Had some fun times and learned how to dance properly:

ffxiv_10172016_2209138wsao.png

ffxiv_10172016_2222305yss4.png

Noire taught me how to pose and then I learned the stately ball dance and harvest dance. A dancing dragoon is a rare sight lol.

Ceravic

Anyone on Sargatanas that has a FC that's active later at night? Coming back to get caught up and my FC that I have been in since 1.0 is now down to 6 people total. I love those 6 people, but I've not had an active FC since the start of 2.0 and I'm ready to actually progress in things and staying in touch with them is what linkshells are for.

Meciu

What the fuck is wrong with SE EU store? Wanted to buy the Fat Cat plush but delivery costs are bigger than the price of the plush itself! 37 EURO for shipping a plushie? Are you kidding me? ;/

Thorgal

I finally became a full-fledged lv 50 dragoon and cleared the main story for ARR!

yL9oWTe.png

e3SBMqR.png

I also learned glamour but plan to just keep my dragoon armor :) The main story took me about 79 hours to clear. I have to admit that it was much better than I was expecting, both the game and the story. The final few 8-man dungeons were kinda chaotic because while I'd be watching the cut-scenes, others would be running ahead in the dungeon and I had to do a lot of catch-up but was still fun. I'm glad I decided to go with the Lancer / Dragoon class as I've had a lot of fun playing it and it's nice to take a break from the sword-based characters that I normally play as in games. I've also enjoyed the gameplay and the overall world of Eorzea. Each location was memorable and the music was always enjoyable & did a great job of fitting the mood. As my first MMO, I also enjoyed the social aspect of it as well. Today for example I joined a random group for a run through Aurum Vale, except our tank was a Lalafell named "dirty underwear". One of the other players asked him if that was his name and he dropped out haha. Then while we waited for 15 minutes for another tank to take his place we had a dance contest lol. Then all throughout the dungeon whenever we'd get some downtime we'd break out dancing again. It's been a very fun and enjoyable experience. :)

Good.

Now do the hildebrand Quest line. You won't regret it.

Qvoth

The party finder can now be used to recruit party members even if they do not meet the average item level requirement for a given duty.
* Please note only parties that meet the party member requirement for a duty may enter without meeting the average item level requirement.

does this mean now join a11s PFs even if i haven't reached ilvl 255 yet?
that part gets kinda annoying so i find this a great change

Frumix

Suffering From Success
iBfLDUc.gif

On another note :

Is it wrong to use Equilibrium while Off tanking ?

Reason i am asking is because of this video :

https://www.twitch.tv/frosty_tv/v/66544746

What apparently happened was :

War used Equilibrium which crit for 14 K heal pulling instant aggro from the MT and caused everyone to wipe .

That's like asking if it's okay to use BB combo when off tanking.
Yes, self-healing actions generate aggro, and healing Equilibrium can only be used in aggro stance, so that's something to consider when you're using that ability. In fact self-healing such as Second Wind and EQ can be used for clutch aggro after provoking an enemy. That doesn't however mean that you're barred from using these actions, all it means is that you need to be mindful of your aggro in relation to the current MT. Normally the MT should be quite a bit ahead of you so that one self-heal doesn't push you over, but if it happens shortly after a tank swap, it may be risky.

Wilsongt

Anyone on Sargatanas that has a FC that's active later at night? Coming back to get caught up and my FC that I have been in since 1.0 is now down to 6 people total. I love those 6 people, but I've not had an active FC since the start of 2.0 and I'm ready to actually progress in things and staying in touch with them is what linkshells are for.

What Fc were you in and your in game name?

Leunam

I lead Trabia Garden.

We've lost a few people recently who are running their own FC now but we are trying to rebuild. You're welcome to join is but I think we'd stop be roughly the same environment you just left with around the same amount of active people.

hampig

Hey all, I'm really hoping for some advice.

I've really been wanting to get into FF14.

The thing is, in those years, I have married, and between my job, school, and my wife, I don't have too much time for games. Which is why I've had the idea to try and get my wife into the game with me. She doesn't play many games, mostly just Nintendo (Pokemon, Zelda, Mario) and definitely has never played an mmo.

I was thinking of getting the PS4 version for her, and playing the PC version myself. Since my PC is right by my TV, we could chat and I could help her. This is where my questions come in:

1. How difficult are the controls for the PS4? She has trouble with using both analog sticks at the same time, but I figured with the sort of slow pace it wouldn't be a huge deal. We wont be doing raids or dragging people down who aren't close friends.
  2. Do I need PS plus to play the game on PS4? I remember reading that you don't, but I just wanted to make sure that's still true.
  3. Is the game fulfilling even if you don't go big into raids and the like? I suspect she'll be big into crafting and such, and maybe trying to gather equipment. I can't see her having a problem with basic combat, but raids may be too much. Is this a viable way to play the game?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey all, I'm really hoping for some advice.

I've really been wanting to get into FF14.

The thing is, in those years, I have married, and between my job, school, and my wife, I don't have too much time for games. Which is why I've had the idea to try and get my wife into the game with me. She doesn't play many games, mostly just Nintendo (Pokemon, Zelda, Mario) and definitely has never played an mmo.

I was thinking of getting the PS4 version for her, and playing the PC version myself. Since my PC is right by my TV, we could chat and I could help her. This is where my questions come in:

1. How difficult are the controls for the PS4? She has trouble with using both analog sticks at the same time, but I figured with the sort of slow pace it wouldn't be a huge deal. We wont be doing raids or dragging people down who aren't close friends.
  2. Do I need PS plus to play the game on PS4? I remember reading that you don't, but I just wanted to make sure that's still true.
  3. Is the game fulfilling even if you don't go big into raids and the like? I suspect she'll be big into crafting and such, and maybe trying to gather equipment. I can't see her having a problem with basic combat, but raids may be too much. Is this a viable way to play the game?

1. I play with the controller, always have. Right stick can be used strictly for camera placement/movement, which isn't as important in this game, as most games. The game relies mostly on the other buttons, especially the shoulder/trigger buttons.
2. I don't think you need PS Plus, as they get around this by having the paid subscription to the game already.
3. I barely have played the high end raids, and get enough enjoyment out of the story, regular dungeons, crafting, etc. About the most difficult stuff I'll partake in is the 24 player raids.

How difficult are the controls for the PS4? She has trouble with using both analog sticks at the same time, but I figured with the sort of slow pace it wouldn't be a huge deal. We wont be doing raids or dragging people down who aren't close friends.

Not too difficult, and certainly dual analog sticks will pose no problem. If you zoom the camera out during boss fights you'll be able to keep an eye on everything that's going on without needing to adjust the camera much on the fly. Overall the game is very controller-friendly, but you can also use keyboard and mouse on the PS4 if that's more comfortable.

Do I need PS plus to play the game on PS4? I remember reading that you don't, but I just wanted to make sure that's still true.

That's still correct, PS+ is not required.

Is the game fulfilling even if you don't go big into raids and the like? I suspect she'll be big into crafting and such, and maybe trying to gather equipment. I can't see her having a problem with basic combat, but raids may be too much. Is this a viable way to play the game?

Sure; raids and other endgame combat content is only a small part of everything that's available. There's a lot of story content, both in the main story and in some side story questlines, and crafting and gathering are pretty substantial in themselves. The Gold Saucer hosts some fairly hefty minigames as well, such as Triple Triad and chocobo racing. There's plenty to do, especially if you aren't in a hurry.

hampig

Awesome, thank you both, that's exactly the information I was hoping to hear.

One final question, I hear a lot about this game being very story focused. Will that get in the way if me and my wife are trying to do missions together but are in different areas of the game/mission progression?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Awesome, thank you both, that's exactly the information I was hoping to hear.

One final question, I hear a lot about this game being very story focused. Will that get in the way if me and my wife are trying to do missions together but are in different areas of the game/mission progression?
Generally, story quests for the early levels pretty much landlock you as you have to complete the main story quests which will always be in that city you start in. However at around level 20 story quests, you should get a chocobo and other transportation means to have free reign over the world. You can walk but it is easier to ride your chocobo around big fields to unlock teleports to the other grand cities. You will also avoid enemy aggression as you can outpace them faster. 1-20 is basically the tutorial and goes by fast.

Also level 16 story has the first dungeon you guys can do together, since DF allows you to queue with anyone, anywhere. It's great if you start in different areas and don't necessarily always want to be right next to each other.

Chille

After being stuck in Vegas for an extra day, I am now waiting to get home! I really loved fanfest and was nice meeting so many damn people. But I miss home it's too nice and warm here, I miss the cold and damp.

hampig

Generally, story quests for the early levels pretty much landlock you as you have to complete the main story quests which will always be in that city you start in. However at around level 20 story quests, you should get a chocobo and other transportation means to have free reign over the world. You can walk but it is easier to ride your chocobo around big fields to unlock teleports to the other grand cities. You will also avoid enemy aggression as you can outpace them faster. 1-20 is basically the tutorial and goes by fast.

Also level 16 story has the first dungeon you guys can do together, since DF allows you to queue with anyone, anywhere. It's great if you start in different areas and don't necessarily always want to be right next to each other.

Cool, that sounds perfect. Thank you!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is crafting still fucked in this game or did they fix it since 3.0?
If by fucked you mean high end mats locked behind gathering and crafting red scrips like it was in 3.0 then crafting is no longer fucked. They added a lot of those items to aquapolis so they're super cheap now and most if not all of those mats are not required for 3 star or 4 star crafting. High end crafting mats can be bought with lore now and they're cheap (between 10 - 50 each). The other stuff you'll need is split between old GC mats and gathering nodes.

There's also a cross class gear set now so it's no longer a time sink getting geared like it was in 3.0.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If by fucked you mean high end mats locked behind gathering and crafting red scrips like it was in 3.0 then crafting is no longer fucked. They added a lot of those items to aquapolis so they're super cheap now and most if not all of those mats are not required for 3 star or 4 star crafting. High end crafting mats can be bought with lore now and they're cheap (between 10 - 50 each). The other stuff you'll need is split between old GC mats and gathering nodes.

There's also a cross class gear set now so it's no longer a time sink getting geared like it was in 3.0.

Oh nice!

Before I retired from the game and before that retired from end game raiding I devoted myself to leveling all my crafters and my favorite times were making things for people, especially lowbies whose eyes went wide when they got a HQ item.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
gwvbrSE.jpg

House opened up in the Lavender beds, and I figured a small house to tide me over till Ishgard housing will do.

And it's that really neat plot on it's own little island

JLCXAD4.png

So interesting followup...

I get contacted by someone who claims their character was hacked and deleted, including giving up the plot, and asks to buy it back.

Their lodestone page shows an active character, least on the achievement pages. But well geared. I figure if someone vindictively deleted their house they would delete their gear. And, if they demolished the house, the hacker would instantly rebuy...

I don't think I'll be giving it up. Housing is impossible to get. It's a great location. And I'm not really buying the hacked thing. Not to mention I don't want to get hit with a TOS violation for reselling the plot.

Leunam

What's your character name? A friend and I are resubbing on Sargatanaus and we're down to join any FC. Our current guild leader is inactive, so we're looking for more people to play with.

Griselbrand Ortuvia.

During the week I'm generally active after 9pm CST since that's when I get home from the gym, but from Friday to Sunday it varies. I do stay active in the game though and we've got people willing to help out others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom