• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

Priority of life importance:
Healers
Tanks
dps

Yeah, I don't expect to be healed before tanks and healers, but it sucks when you're dodging everything and die to that. lol

Ayy but I get to watch everyone else fall apart from the shiny ground and lasers.

After having gone through a couple now, I can safely say that I find 24 man raids to be overwhelming. There's so much going on with people running every which way that even if I roughly know the fight strategy I can still get confused.

Well, it doesn't help when one of the tanks in your party has a spotty Internet connection.

After having gone through a couple now, I can safely say that I find 24 man raids to be overwhelming. There's so much going on with people running every which way that even if I roughly know the fight strategy I can still get confused.

Well, it doesn't help when one of the tanks in your party has a spotty Internet connection.
The Towers and Void are zerg rush status now so nobody will notice what you're doing. During Void I just spam AoE heals and dance in place since everyone is over leveled to hell and back for it. Hell when they were new they weren't difficult.

The Weeping City is the one you have to take seriously and since the bosses can easily wipe parties who don't pay attention.

It can get overwhelming for sure since you're going from 4/8 people in an instance to 24 plus all the enemies.

I'm looking forward to the next one where you fight on an airship that can be fallen off of. And the final boss of that one is being designed by the guy (Masaki Nakagawa) who did Ozma.

I hope the next 24-man raid has tank switching where all three tanks must switch and during this there is a chance the bosses could all do a cleave that is wide and long and can wipe the rest of the party.

The Towers and Void are zerg rush status now so nobody will notice what you're doing. During Void I just spam AoE heals and dance in place since everyone is over leveled to hell and back for it. Hell when they were new they weren't difficult.

The Weeping City is the one you have to take seriously and since the bosses can easily wipe parties who don't pay attention.

Yeah, people got upset yesterday when we wiped to "trash" (which seems a little more involved than I'm used to with trash) in the Labyrinth of the Ancients. Still not sure what exactly happened there.

It can get overwhelming for sure since you're going from 4/8 people in an instance to 24 plus all the enemies.

I'm looking forward to the next one where you fight on an airship that can be fallen off of. And the final boss of that one is being designed by the guy (Masaki Nakagawa) who did Ozma.

I learned the hard way in my first Bismarck fight that when you're in an arena surrounding by a bottomless pit you'd better keep your finger off the Elusive Jump button.

wamberz1

Switched over to Warrior from monk and man am I enjoying the hell out of it. Had some serious issues with keeping enmity but once I hit 30 and got BB and defiance it became so easy it's not even funny. So far I've really liked both classes but I think I'm gonna stick with WAR for now cause I'm loving these 0 sec queue times.
I finally became a full-fledged lv 50 dragoon and cleared the main story for ARR!

yL9oWTe.png

e3SBMqR.png

I also learned glamour but plan to just keep my dragoon armor :) The main story took me about 79 hours to clear. I have to admit that it was much better than I was expecting, both the game and the story. The final few 8-man dungeons were kinda chaotic because while I'd be watching the cut-scenes, others would be running ahead in the dungeon and I had to do a lot of catch-up but was still fun. I'm glad I decided to go with the Lancer / Dragoon class as I've had a lot of fun playing it and it's nice to take a break from the sword-based characters that I normally play as in games. I've also enjoyed the gameplay and the overall world of Eorzea. Each location was memorable and the music was always enjoyable & did a great job of fitting the mood. As my first MMO, I also enjoyed the social aspect of it as well. Today for example I joined a random group for a run through Aurum Vale, except our tank was a Lalafell named "dirty underwear". One of the other players asked him if that was his name and he dropped out haha. Then while we waited for 15 minutes for another tank to take his place we had a dance contest lol. Then all throughout the dungeon whenever we'd get some downtime we'd break out dancing again. It's been a very fun and enjoyable experience. :)
Congrats man! I'm gonna hit 50 soon too, took a bit cause I dicked around with other classes but I cannot WAIT to start doing 8-man trials. All the points you made match up with my own experiences so far.
It's also people on PS3/4 (or playing with controllers only) who just don't want to communicate. Even acknowledging stuff seems to be too much effort.
That's what I suspected, lol. That's really gonna hurt when I get my WAR to Teratotaur. Dudes gonna slaughter us.

dramatis

Until all but 1 dps die, which is your bard, and your healers are low on MP to raise and I need to sing for their dumb, not dodging asses.
Thing is, I played whm for a long time in ARR. Nowadays I switch up between all three types, but my whm tendency of MP management remains. Which means even with a lot of raising, I'm rather good at having MP, so I don't need brd or mch

My problem is loading times

More like Unavoidable damage > Avoidable damage
That's in an ideal situation, but having run A11 some 10 times in df last week, what I can say is that lasers and optical sight basically count as unavoidable damage lol

Does anyone have a up to date fisher leveling guide from 50-60?

If you're not impatient, simply doing the GC daily turn-ins will give you plenty of easy experience to get to 60. Once you have Patience, getting HQ fish becomes way easier instead of the RNG crapshoot it is up until then.

Redx508

ok i remember the last thing i did was the lv 50 quest to get the titanic sawfish but my gear was too low for it lol. Going try the turn-ins today

Wow... After waiting for an hour on the phone with Square Enix customer support regarding my Rikku code that was already registered when I got it, they told me they couldn't do anything about it. They said to contact Cleeng. Isn't Cleeng only in charge of the stream?

Anyone know what I can do?

Jeels

Whelp, missed the lore book at fan fest, and now it is sold out from the store. I think I am done buying merchandise from SE in general at this point.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
NA sold out in 30 minutes. You would think they would have printed more.

Glad I worked from home today so I could check regularly.

I have AST/SCH at 54 right now and I think once I get them to 60 I'm going to move on from WHM.

It feels like AST/SCH have more going on plus I like putting big shields on people and watching them take no damage.

Shevat

Neo Member
Did you get yours during the "pre-order" period on the store, or that brief window between it being in "pre-order" and "sold out"?

Got mine within a couple minutes of it going up as a "pre-order." Just got my final confirmation and billed a few minutes ago.

Guess Who

Banned
Got mine within a couple minutes of it going up as a "pre-order." Just got my final confirmation and billed a few minutes ago.

Ah, cool, I got mine in the "pre-order" phase and got a confirmation email and credit card charge as well. Looks like it went through successfully!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, this will be my first time having a fully up-to-date relic/anima weapon come update time.

Should we expect to know the upgrade process before the update? How high will the update bring it? 260? 270?

aceface

So, this will be my first time having a fully up-to-date relic/anima weapon come update time.

Should we expect to know the upgrade process before the update? How high will the update bring it? 260? 270?

260 and you won't know until the patch actually goes live. Even the patch notes are vague about what you have to do.

For Heavensward they've tuned the difficulty of the relic step to be the rough equivalent of what it would take to get a weapon of the same ilevel in some other way. Since to get an i260 weapon you need 1000 scripture tomes and 7 gears from Creator normal this relic step shouldn't be too bad if they keep to the same pattern.

Squishy3

the 260 step probably won't be too bad but will probably still require a decent amount of grinding (ala aether oils being 1800 tomestones each or doing the weekly CT quest) but it shouldn't take as much time as the 240 step did

If the next step is like the Oil step then I'm happy. That had a good pace if you didn't want to grind and if you wanted to the grind wasn't so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom