• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Of course there are, Au Ra is literally weeb bait.

image.php

Celcius

°Temp. member
Forced my raid group into dressing as Scooby Doo characters until Halloween is over or until we beat A12S.

Toly Wan: "We all thought our raid leader was dumb, then it turned out great"

I bet that's the last time they'll ever doubt my creativity, ohohoho.

Toly Wan as Daphne
Kaze Sora as Fred
Raijinken as Shaggy
Yuu Tsukumi as Velma
Altam Matan as Scooby

More images here

I had never seen that goblin outfit before, how do you get that?

Been playing for the first time since this Tuesday.

For someone that came from Guild Wars 1 since 2006 and then Guild Wars 2 since the open beta in 2012, any tips?

Been doing the main Quests and really enjoying the FATEs (since they remember me of GW2 dynamic events). Do I follow the main Quests normally?

Also, is there any FF XIV novel? I've read the GW novels and they spiked a lot of my pleasure playing it.

Dark Rider

Hello fellow Eorzea players :)

I don't know for sure if I can ask this here but I've been looking for a while for a ffxiv version 1.0 garlond goggles code with no luck. I'm willing to pay for it.
so anyone here have an unused code and willing to sell it to me?
alternatively does anyone know where I can buy one please?
Nothing on EBay :(

quoting myself for the new page.

edit:
Been doing the main Quests and really enjoying the FATEs (since they remember me of GW2 dynamic events). Do I follow the main Quests normally?

yes the main quests will help you level to max level and unlock everything you need including new areas and raids.
make sure you also do your class and job quests from your respective class/job guild

Also, is there any FF XIV novel? I've read the GW novels and they spiked a lot of my pleasure playing it.

you are in luck square enix just released a lore book for the game titled "ENCYCLOPAEDIA EORZEA - THE WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY XIV"

Not that its a bad thing, but you know its true

You have the edgelord male for all the Avenged Sevenfold fans out there and the super cute female for the people that don't feel female Migote are kawaii enough. Its like it was tailor made for this game's audience.

For someone that came from Guild Wars 1 since 2006 and then Guild Wars 2 since the open beta in 2012, any tips?

Yup just follow the main story quests. There will be plenty of side quests along the way.

They did just come out with a lore book this past week but that sold out within minutes so there's a waiting list.

Keep following the main quest, it'll introduce you to all the concepts, locations and characters.
Always come back to your class guild every 5 levels and do the class quests to unlock more skills.
Every time you see a quest with the plus (+) icon on it, make sure you complete it because it unlocks something (features, emotes, dungeons, skills, pets, etc).

My group has... 4 cats. Sometimes 5.
My group has 5 lalas. We win!

I wish I got grouped with other Lalas more often. A group of Lalas running a dungeon is such a touching sight. I have made it a point to /slap every member of my party not a Lala whenever I run dungeon. This usually results in /pet which just makes me even more mad.

Keep following the main quest, it'll introduce you to all the concepts, locations and characters.
Always come back to your class guild every 5 levels and do the class quests to unlock more skills.
Every time you see a quest with the plus (+) icon on it, make sure you complete it because it unlocks something (features, emotes, dungeons, skills, pets, etc).

Nice, that's good info!

Been doing Main Quests and Side Quests.

The story seems interesting but a slow burner right? Does it pick up the pace?

aceface

I wish I got grouped with other Lalas more often. A group of Lalas running a dungeon is such a touching sight. I have made it a point to /slap every member of my party not a Lala whenever I run dungeon. This usually results in /pet which just makes me even more mad.

Are you on Ultros? If so we can indoctrinate you into our lalafell cult.

Reknoc

It can't be stated enough how good this All Saints Wake is. Good use of old content, it's something different but still manages to be fun. Nice that's it not just "do some FATEs lol" which too be fair might not have been the case for a while as I'm sure I missed a bunch during my hiatus on the game, though I also did come back during the Yokai Watch event so I'm not entirely willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway I'm sure I'm not too far off the mark to say there was Never Ever an event this good.

Redx508

Forced my raid group into dressing as Scooby Doo characters until Halloween is over or until we beat A12S.

Toly Wan: "We all thought our raid leader was dumb, then it turned out great"

I bet that's the last time they'll ever doubt my creativity, ohohoho.

Toly Wan as Daphne
Kaze Sora as Fred
Raijinken as Shaggy
Yuu Tsukumi as Velma
Altam Matan as Scooby

More images here

wow good job!! lol

jorgeton

It can't be stated enough how good this All Saints Wake is. Good use of old content, it's something different but still manages to be fun. Nice that's it not just "do some FATEs lol" which too be fair might not have been the case for a while as I'm sure I missed a bunch during my hiatus on the game, though I also did come back during the Yokai Watch event so I'm not entirely willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway I'm sure I'm not too far off the mark to say there was Never Ever an event this good.

Gotta echo this. Went in totally blind and the surprise had me grinning ear to ear.

I hope some of the random mechanics are introduced into Deep Dungeon. Like the stand on four circles at once thing, that could be a cool one.

I'm furious. I am one goddamn point away from meeting all 3 stat requirements for the lvl 40 squad mission.

I look up stat growth and the one member who could level up with my last training of the day would be 1 level below the next tier where they would gain a point in the stat that I need.

I am now another 24 hours from my precious and beautiful Maelstrom coat, and I am struggling to live.

Thorgal

still feels weird you can buy items ,pay for your sub ,request a name change and pay for all of those with Steam wallet on Mog station . EVERYTHING except a Server transfer . it just seems weird to me

aceface

There's really no excuse for making a Lalafell character, and I look down on anyone that does.

Having never played an MMO before FFXIV I found that I liked the potential of MMO's to be a genderless utopia where people are judged on gameplay and attitude rather than gender indicators. That's why I like lalafells, they are literally generless potatoes. It's probably the same reason why they freak out so many people. I should write a paper on this sometime.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Having never played an MMO before FFXIV I found that I liked the potential of MMO's to be a genderless utopia where people are judged on gameplay and attitude rather than gender indicators. That's why I like lalafells, they are literally generless potatoes. It's probably the same reason why they freak out so many people. I should write a paper on this sometime.

VW8Y9Dx.gif

Ogawa-san

Using PotD to level my last two jobs will drive me insane... At first heroes that will "solo" everything annoyed me the most, nowadays it's the one guy that wants to kill everything in sight even in empty rooms.

It almost feels I'm missing something. Save fortune being up, there's no good reason to kill anything once passage is up, right? I mean I know everything can drop chests even without fortune up but the drop rate is something like 1%.

I've tried every race in ARR, and I ultimately prefer cat people.

Hyur: I can't stand the default standing pose of the male ones. They also look like have a female hip. Females are fine though.
Elezen: Love the pose, but I can't get over how weird their small head and long neck are.
Roe: They're pretty cool the most unique race of all, but just too bulky for my taste.
Lala: Everything they do is pretty cute, but too cute for me.
Au'Ra: Haven't actually play one but from what I've seen, they're kinda cool and very anime.

tgl3

Neo Member

Instead of discriminating Lala's based on genders, we do it because they're all little sentient potatoes.

My FC is 60% miqote, 20% au ra, 10% lalafell, 5% Hyur, 4% Elezen and like 1% roe. There is such a thing as too many catgirls, especially when half of them look identical.

Yeah I know, even though I quoted you I was more musing in general at the hate lalafells get and why I like them.

I wish that wouldalways be the case -- the "genderless utopia" sort of thing.

In FFXI, this was not the case for many EGLS, and it started killing them outright. LS Leader would bring his girlfriend in, shower her with affection (and hard-earned drops), and then SHE'D get blame for it instead of whomever was leading the LS. So we'd end up splitting into three different factions, all of which had a poisoned resume now, because one part decided to leave over unfairness, one side decided to harass the girlfriend, one side decided to stick with them. If you called out LS Lead over this, you'd get a kick.

It's less bad, now that there's a system you can't quite break like that, so I'd HOPE there is less harassment -- but make no mistake, the harassment DID exist for women, at least in EQ and FFXI.

As for Lalafell, the only good Lalafell is one sacrified to RNGesus.

That's deep, man. I made a lalafell because I think they're cute.

I'm a Lalafell, with the shortest possible height, because I thought they were cute and was amused at the idea of such a small race being a tank in a party.

Lalafell tanks are the bravest tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom